Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 738 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 DVD Player Kcarrde 3 2002-08-25 14:53:36
Question TE25 stream error? pablo 4 2002-08-26 20:32:14
Question TE25 Cannot open - not supported trinkleboy 1 2002-08-25 07:59:59
Question TE25 i keep getting errors john 0 2002-08-25 00:02:41
Question TE25 MPEG1 or MPEG2 rickki804 1 2002-08-25 07:58:19
Question TE25 What happened???? rickki804 3 2002-08-25 07:52:48
Question TE25 Can't get VBR to work in making a SVCD Executioner 4 2002-08-25 07:43:24
Question TE25 How do I get seperate video and audio files? tbone 1 2002-08-24 22:09:48
Question TE25 i only want the audio but when i go to change stream type ... David 1 2002-08-24 22:07:55
Question TE25 hey minion homer simpson 1 2002-08-24 22:01:36
Question TE25 NO SOUND Destiny 1 2002-08-24 22:21:39
Question TE25 i can't get this thing to work at all yomuthaz 1 2002-08-24 21:41:32

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 738 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - DVD Player No.27027
Kcarrde  2002-08-25 03:16:47 ( ID:0swz1nqxeen )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried using the TMPGEnc Wizard to make a SVCD. However, it plays really jerky (both video and audio) in my DVD/VCD player. I am burning on a Yamaha CRW8824SX writer on a CD-RW playing on a Panasonic DVD-RV31. The MPEG2 file plays on my computer. Why is it choppy on my DVD player and how can I fix it?

Executioner  2002-08-25 04:38:30 ( ID:bd2yi0jkrph )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try burning the image at a slower speed. I had the same problem on my picky Sony, and now I have to burn everything at 4x.

Minion  2002-08-25 08:14:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem could be from a whole bunch of things, make sure you encode to the same frame rate as your source file , make sure you set the "Field order" correctly or you might need to use the "de-interlace filter" and make sure that you don"t encode to a bitrate higher than your dvd player can handle, and burning at too high of speed can cause jumpy playback, usually half the top speed of your burner is good..But I think it is either the incorrect frame rate of the "field order" or "de-interlace"....

ABS  2002-08-25 14:53:36 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another thing is that you need to make sure your DVD player can play SVCD from CD-RW, I heard of some players that can play CD-RW only at X1 speed, thus limited to VCD (Though they can play SVCD from CD-R just fine).

ABS

Question - TE25 - stream error? No.27022
pablo  2002-08-25 00:50:49 ( ID:gg1wtdequka )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

whenever i finished encoding a movie and when it reaches 100% a "stream error...." message appears...However, the movie plays fine and it only does this when it is done encoding and when it's at 100%....Does anybody know why this happen and why does it happen in the end...thanks

Minion  2002-08-25 08:02:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think this happens because Tmpgenc is haveing a problem writeing the "Sequence End Code" on the header, this shouldn"t cause a problem but if it does for some reason you can run the file through the "merge & cut" in the "mpeg tools" to rewrite the header on the file......

gdaymate  2002-08-25 11:23:33 ( ID:msvx6bbbggh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have exactly the same problem like pablo has described it. So I tried Minion's tip. But now I got another error message: "Stream reading error"! This always happens when Tmpegenc try to rewrite the SVCD header. The error message comes after a completion rate of about 11%. The destination disk has enough free disk.
pablo could you solve your problem with the "merge and cut" tool?
Does anyone have an idea what the problem is? Does it have any negative influence on some DVD Player if I use the mpeg file with this corrupt header? At the moment I evaluate a DVD Player. So I burned a CD with such an mpeg2 file. So I vent to different sellers to test some DVD Players. In some player the cd works perfect! In some other players the movie had "flickers". It has looked like the player would lose some frames. Could it be that the corrupt header is the reason for this reaction of the players? ThankÃÔ!

Minion  2002-08-25 23:15:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Mpeg tools in the "2.57" version have a major but in them that won"t allow it to write the svcd header on the file, but I know that it does work in the versions before this one..These should be a bug fix for this in the next version .......

pablo  2002-08-26 20:32:14 ( ID:gg1wtdequka )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, the movie is usually 100% done so i have no complaints. It plays perfectly and i got what i wanted. It's just that whenever that "stream error" message appears it is somewhat annoying...

Question - TE25 - Cannot open - not supported No.27020
trinkleboy  2002-08-25 00:16:34 ( ID:horc1ts4fkg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Cannot open or unsupported, any file i try ( Divx.avi ) always brings up this feckin message, it didn't used to!!! whats happenin!!??

Minion  2002-08-25 07:59:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to raise the "direct Show file Reader" in the "vfapi plugins" you do this by going to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show" to "2"......

Question - TE25 - i keep getting errors No.27019
john  2002-08-25 00:02:41 ( ID:z1btsmhp.o6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i try to convert some movies and errors keep coming up and then when i click "ok" it keeps converting, is that ok? will it still play in a dvd player?if i convert an avi that freezes at one point or more will it still convert?

Question - TE25 - MPEG1 or MPEG2 No.27017
rickki804  2002-08-24 23:51:46 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have read quite a few views about mpeg1 or mpeg2 in the encoding process. My question is....do I have to be doing a svcd to use mpeg2 or is it ok to use when making a vcd?

Minion  2002-08-25 07:58:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That all depends on your dvd player...I have had some success useing mpeg2 with VCD resolution then useing the "Mpeg tools" to attach a VCD header on the file so that your DVD Player thinks that it is a Mpeg1/vcd, and if your player plays svcd then you can probably encode with VCD resolution and burn it as a NON-standard SVCD,So it all totally depends on your DVD Player...I have had success doing VCD"s with svcd resolution, and doing SVCD with DVD resolution(704 by 480) and doing vcd with DVD Resolution(704 by 480)...

Question - TE25 - What happened???? No.27013
rickki804  2002-08-24 22:24:57 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used to do the splitting with virtualdub,the converting with tmpgenc, and burning with adaptec with no problem. Got away from it for a while, had to reformat my computer, and when I began to do the process again, EVERYTHING had changed. I use to have beautiful quality vcds come out, and I could do the process in my sleep. Now I have to save wav files and make adjustments I never had to do before, and the quality of the vcds that I am making is poor. What Happened while I was away, and is there anything to be done to make it like it was.?????

Minion  2002-08-24 22:42:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think things have gotten better in the last 2 or 3 versions accept that when poeple make divx files and put them on Kazaa they use differant audio formats than they used to like AC3 and VBR MP3 which Tmpgenc does not support, as for encodeing quality I think it has gottem much better in the last few versions, maybe your system is configured differantly then it used to???But if you like the Old versions then use them, I"m sure you can find one if you looked for it.......

rickki804  2002-08-24 23:12:22 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have files that are not divx. Will I have the sames problems?

Minion  2002-08-25 07:52:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Only if the audio is in a compressed format it will encode Compressed formats sometimes I guess it depends on your computer configuration and if Tmpgenc is in a Good mood, but if the audio is Wav you shouldn"t have a problem..A quick way to find out if the audio will encode is to go to the "audio settings" and there you can play the audio track and if you can hear it tmpgenc will probably encode it with no problem....

Question - TE25 - Can't get VBR to work in making a SVCD No.27008
Executioner  2002-08-24 22:16:53 ( ID:bd2yi0jkrph )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried using TMPGEnc and the SVCD template for NTSC, but when I click on start, no encoding takes place for VBR. If I change VBR to CQ, then it works and begins to encode. Why??? Do I have a defective template? I'm using TMPGEnc Plus version 2.53.35.130.I've tried and changed the source aspect ratio in the advance tab, but I still have a black preview window after trying all the options.The source is 16:9 525 line NTSC according to DVD2AVI. The movie is Lord of the Rings.

Anyone have any ideas as to why I can't use VBR?

Minion  2002-08-24 22:34:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you mean the "2-pass VBR"??? that would explain it..In the 2-pass VBR it doesn"t encode the file at first,it does the "passes" first then after that is done then it encodes ..this method takes twice as long as normal and the results aren"t any better than the "CQ" method, and the "CQ" method is a VBR encodeing Method and it is just as good or better than the 2-pass VBR...

Executioner  2002-08-24 22:43:25 ( ID:bd2yi0jkrph )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion for your answer. You are correct. I'm using 2-pass VBR. I did not see a standard template for encoding with CQ. Is there one avaialble that I can use to modify the settings? Thanks.

Executioner  2002-08-24 22:56:33 ( ID:bd2yi0jkrph )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion for your answer. You are correct. I'm using 2-pass VBR. I did not see a standard template for encoding with CQ. Is there one avaialble that I can use to modify the settings? Thanks.

Minion  2002-08-25 07:43:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don"t need a template to encode..I don"t think I have ever use a premade template, I just adjust the settings to what ever I need my file to be, to change the settings you might need to load the "unlock.mcf" template from the "extra folder".....

Question - TE25 - How do I get seperate video and audio files? No.27006
tbone  2002-08-24 20:02:38 ( ID:s2yz8nuhpoc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get seperate video and audio files after converting to mpeg2. I do not want both channels to be muxxed together. I am trying to get an .m2v video file and mpg layer 2 audio file so that i could use the files in dvd studio pro. Please help!

thien
phairway@hotmail.com

Minion  2002-08-24 22:09:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you allreadt have the file encoded to a "mpeg" file then you just go to "file" to "mpeg tools" to "simple de-multiplex" load in your file and then click "run" and it will seperate the audio and video streams......

Question - TE25 - i only want the audio but when i go to change stream type ... No.27004
David  2002-08-24 19:56:53 ( ID:neebpadjdfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how do i use this program to capture just the audio? when i go to change the stream type i get a very scarey message ...

"You are about to unlock the limitation. If you unlock this file it would be out of standard. User must agree to this by his/her own risk. noone would help for any results ariing from an unlocked setting."

can anyone provide me with a way to use TMPG to acquire just the audio? also what's the difference between "system (audio only)" and "audio only"?

david

Minion  2002-08-24 22:07:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have never heard of that message before, you should be able to just get the audio from a file in 2 different ways, you can load the video file into Tmpgenc then choose the "audio only" or the "system audio only" then encode and you will get an "mp2" file with the "audio only" setting and you will get a "mpg" file with just audio no video if you choose the "system audio" setting .The other way is to load your file into Tmpgenc then go to "file" to "output to Wav" then tmpgenc will extract the audio to a Wav file..Tmpgenc will have problems in most cases encodeing compressed audio sources to "mp2" audio so it is allways good to use wav as your audio format.......

Question - TE25 - hey minion No.27002
homer simpson  2002-08-24 16:50:53 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Remember that you said you would need expensive high tech equipment to watch the video in full screen by zooming and not stretching. I search google for some good key words and i found this thing called the Full-screen video render. It said it would play video in full screen without the distortion of maximizing the screen. I had no idea what the rest meant or how to get it but i figured youd be smart enough to know. Search google for full-screen video renderer, read up on it and if it is good let me know. It could also be useful to you. I just wonder if the same thing would happen when you burn it to a disc.

thanks

Minion  2002-08-24 22:01:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I read a guide on the "full screen video renderer" and it a developement tool for writeing programs in c++ to play video files,In the implementation of this filter it allows you to zoom in on certain areas of your screen and make then full screen with out much didtortion ,but it only works properly of you monitor is set on the highest resolution and if you have a very good video display card on you computer, the video quality is mostly dependant on the resolution of your computer screen and video card..This isn"t a tool for regular poeple to use, it is for programers who are developing Software applications for displaying video...It"s pretty complicated stuff and i didn"t understand most of it..but you should be able to get similar results allready if you set you monitor to the highest resolution and you movie that you want to enlarge has a very high resolution...

Question - TE25 - NO SOUND No.27000
Destiny  2002-08-24 16:17:13 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I encode Divx movie (from kazaa) using TMPGenc , i seem to get no sound ?

I am converting DIVx to Mpeg2 using TMPGenc then use nero to convert to vcd format. Can any1 help please.

Destiny

Minion  2002-08-24 22:21:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

WHAT ARE YOU DOING????? you are Doing this ALL WRONG!!!! I don"t know who told you that this is how to make a VCD but if you find him Punch Him Out!!Why are you encodeing to Mpeg2 with Tmpgenc then useing Nero to encode to VCD????You just encode to VCD in Tmpgenc then Just burn it to a CD-R with Nero, never use Nero to Encode!! It is a terroble Mpeg encoder!!Plus you loose lots of quality encodeing To Svcd then To VCD and it takes twice as long..First you need to extract the audio from your Divx file to Wav Format with "Virtual Dub" then load your Divx file into Tmpgenc then load in the Wav audio in for the audio then click the "Load" tab and look for the "VCD NTSC" template if you live in North America or load in the "VCD-Pal" template if you live in Europe, then just click the "start" tab and you will start encodeing , when it is done if the file is over 795mb you will need to split in half with the "Mpeg Tools" then you just load the file into "Nero" and burn it as a VCD, and if Nero gives you an error for some reason just burn it anyway cuz there shouldn"t be anything wrong with it if you do it this way...if you want more information on makeing VCD"s or SVCD"s go to "www.vcdhelp.com".....Good luck

Question - TE25 - i can't get this thing to work at all No.26998
yomuthaz  2002-08-24 15:29:03 ( ID:fqbtyfofu/l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

so far i've lost several avi file trying to use this thing. any tips at all?

Minion  2002-08-24 21:41:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tell us what your problem is and maybe someone can help you ,We don"t read minds.......

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.