Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 775 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 PROBLEM WITH LOW BIT RATE VCD PLAYER COMPATIBILITY KHAN 1 2002-07-26 08:33:19
Question TE25 Audio Sync Problem DownbeatDave 5 2002-07-27 11:15:13
Question TE25 .."can not open, or are unsupported" LP 8 2002-07-27 13:00:38
Question TE25 Audio Sync Problem John Angelos 1 2002-07-31 08:28:48
Bug report TE25 Error -537403781 1032192 Moazzam 1 2002-07-26 02:21:46
Question TE25 Faster Encoding time Ikasu 1 2002-07-25 21:05:34
Bug report TE25 2.57 file too big Manu 0 2002-07-25 09:21:13
Question TE25 MPEG 2 demultiplexing prasad 4 2002-07-27 18:00:21
Question TE25 Very new to this, HELP? rickgans 3 2002-07-25 21:57:10
Question TE25 TMPGEnc 2.57 Trial version still looses audio sonny-trang 2 2002-07-26 17:05:02
Question TE25 Importing MPEG-2, what way is best? ABS 8 2002-07-26 12:11:24
Question TE25 Still no audio for 3 hour movies knish 5 2002-07-24 23:38:55

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 775 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - PROBLEM WITH LOW BIT RATE VCD PLAYER COMPATIBILITY No.25550
KHAN  2002-07-26 04:26:23 ( ID:/gpgqwlbtb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI ; i tried to encode mpeg1 file with lower bit rate to fit two vcd's into one. And I SUCCEEDED IN DOING SO AT THE BIT RATE OF 576 KB/S . BUT WHEN I PLAY IT ON MY VCD PLAYER ( STANDALONE ) IT FLICKERS AND STICKS AFTER AROUND EVERY 30 SEC. WITH AUDIO GETTING SUPPRESSED A LITTLE.

IF ANYBODY KNOWS THE SOLUTION PLS. MAIL ME .. I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL..

Minion  2002-07-26 08:33:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only solution is to either raise the bitrate or buy a different dvd player but I don"t think there many any that will play vcd"s very well with bitrates that low, .The only other thing that you might try is the KVCD templates at www.kvcd.com they have a template that allows you to get 120 minutes of video on a cd-r, I think the quality isn"t very good with those templates but that doesn"t seem to be a concern with you, at least the quality will be probably be better that the one you have and it might play properly.Most poeple put vcd"s on at least 2 cd-r"s for a full movie, i use higher bitrates so I usually try to squeeze them on 3 cd-r"s.....

Question - TE25 - Audio Sync Problem No.25544
DownbeatDave  2002-07-26 00:24:25 ( ID:dlllfeor9hg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert a 720x480 DV file to 320x240 MPG1 so I can use it in my PocketPC. I'm using a 2-pass VBR so it's nice and compressed to a max bit rate of 500kbs. But the MPG audio is delayed as much a 2 seconds after the video plays, rendering it pretty much unusable. I did a search on the BBS but didn't find this problem. Any clues? Thanks.

Minion  2002-07-26 02:10:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

IF the audio and video are the same amount out of sync the whole way through the file you can fix it by de-multiplexing it the multiplexing it back together with a program like "mpeg2vcr" or "bbmpeg" cuz they have a setting were you can adjust the audio and video delay..but it takes a little trial and error to get it right...

DownbeatDave  2002-07-26 02:27:59 ( ID:dlllfeor9hg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why is the audio & video getting out of sync to begin with? Is an out-of-synch condition normal to to be expected? I've converted to many different compression types over the years and this is the first time I've seen this problem.

I've maintained the same number of frames per second on the source and target, thinking that might contribute to the problem, but to no avail.

I've noticed that a "standard" solution is to de-MPX the AV and add or delete time to the audio and then re-MPX through trial and error. Seems kinda hokey to me.

Minion  2002-07-26 03:25:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have noticed with Captured files that sometimes when you are captureing that the audio will start recording a bit before or after the video starts recording, and it will play in sync as an avi cuz the audio and video are interleaved but when tmpgenc encodes it seems that it grabs each stream and seperates them to encode them them muxeses them in the mpeg with out takeing in to account the delay at the begining,It seams like a reasonable explanation but if that is what is happening I don"t know..

ASHY  2002-07-26 11:56:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'd say that was a pretty good explanation minion,sounds quite plausable to me as most encoders have to parse the streams to re-encode the file. This is what usually happens with downloaded AVI's. The creators sometimes add a delay with Virtualdub or something to the audio, but when you re-encode this file it seems that the delay is totally ignored by TMPG thus re-introducing the de-sync.
DownbeatDave, aS for the standard way to correct it as you say is to de-Multiplex the A/V and add or delete time to the audio. This is a difficult way to do it the best and easiest way, as minion said, is with MPEG2VCR or BBMPEG which both have a feature which allows a delay/reduction to be introduced to audio to re-sync the movie.

ASHY

Griff  2002-07-27 11:15:13 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Adding a delay in bbmpeg will correct the problem, but I've found that some authoring programs (for DVD) de-multipledx, process and re-multiples the files, placing the sound header exactly where it was before you went to all the trouble of adding the timeshift. If you use DVD2AVI to frameserve, it will conveniently give the delay in milliseconds that the audio is out os sync. If you use BeSplit, with the delay that DVD2AVI gave you as the split point this will always work.

Of course, compensating for dropped frames, leading to gradual de-sync is another problem...

Griff

Question - TE25 - .."can not open, or are unsupported" No.25535
LP  2002-07-26 00:23:12 ( ID:l/hmlrcfwfw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI...I get this message when I try to open an AVI-file "can not open, or unsupported". I have done a lot of other AVI.files but have never seen this problem.
Anyone who knows whats wrong?

LP

Minion  2002-07-26 02:05:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show file reader" to "2".This usually works.......

ASHY  2002-07-26 02:17:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion do you never get fed up with this one bud? I did a long time ago.

ASHY

Minion  2002-07-26 03:18:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just have it pasted to my clip board now,Ha Ha ,You can get as anoyed as possible but it still doesn"t make poeple USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION TO FIND ANSWERS, but maybe one day...

ASHY  2002-07-26 11:59:07 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL, maybe if you just stop answering the question, the lazy gits would have to search for the answer.

ASHY

LP  2002-07-26 15:05:01 ( ID:l/hmlrcfwfw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sry. guys I see this is a common problem so I could have search. First time I use this board and havent really noticed the function! I will use that in the future. By the way it worked (surprice).....thx.

knish  2002-07-27 01:20:17 ( ID:dtqidf6wibh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey Ashy and Minion:

I have not had much luck with this error by trying to raise the priority. I use multiple machines and it seems that I have to use TMPGEnc on the same machine that I used DVD2AVI on. So for example, I use box A to create the d2v and the audio file, then I cannot use TMPGEnc on box B to encode.

Strange behavior or am I just crazy.

knish.

Griff  2002-07-27 11:21:33 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you just copy the d2v and audio file to the second machine? If so you will get the error since the d2v just points TMPGenc in the direction of the origional mpeg, which is sitting on you first machine. Even if you copy all the files, you've got to keep the directory structure the same on both machines, or the d2v will lose the origional mpeg and you'll get that error message.

Griff

ASHY  2002-07-27 13:00:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Griff is right. Once the d2v file is created you CANNOT move or delete the Vobs or the d2v file or rename any of the files or folders in it's path. In fact just don't change anything at all.
Also you would have to have the DVD2AVI VFAPI plugin installed on the second machine for it to work in the first place.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Audio Sync Problem No.25533
John Angelos  2002-07-25 18:55:46 ( ID:aiamsu5q0ca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have downloaded quite a few AVI's from the net, I usually use Virtual Dub to pull the audio out as full stream no compression. Then when I use TMPGEnc 2.56 to encode to mpeg usually the first 20 minutes are fine but towards the end of the movie the audio is out of sync sometimes just a bit and others more. I've ready many messeges here about audio sync and they seem to be confusing.

Someone said that these are such big files that as they are downloaded thru the net they become corrupt ... um no I don't buy that for an instant, because first of all HTTP and FTP do have protocol checksums and regardless I've attempted to download the same file many times and then when I compare the files they are identical.

I am begginning to believe that the people that have created the AVI's have done something wrong.

Oh yes one big point ... these are the AVI's that are the problem ... right from the beginning before I attempt any encoding ... I check the avi audio sync so not to waste time ...

Please englighten me !!

John

Naqua  2002-07-31 08:28:48 ( ID:jndln8sx8rl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

John,

I have captured a 45min SvhS tape to a 18GB avi.
Sound is in Sync. After i encode it to mpg2 sound at the beginning is in sync
The more i get towards the end of the encoded movie the sound becomes more out of sync.

There was no frame-loss when capturing.
I don't know what to do with it.

Looks like the same problem you have.

Bug report - TE25 - Error -537403781 1032192 No.25531
Moazzam  2002-07-25 18:51:13 ( ID:0ailudbijua )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please Help Me!

I am trying to encode an avi movie to mpg and it gives me this error (Error -537403781 1032192) after a few seconds of encoding and the encoding pauses. When i press Ok the encoding begins and then again after a few secongs it gives the error again. Do u have any solutions or suggestions. Please reply! it is important

ASHY  2002-07-26 02:21:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use a different version of TMPG than the one you are using. Preferably an earlier version such as 2.52.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Faster Encoding time No.25529
Ikasu  2002-07-25 15:02:11 ( ID:erd0uqgnxdj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have one question....I was wondering how I would go about taking advantage of both my processors to encode...Right now I'm just encoding in Tmpg as I normally would....Are there any special settings I can set to make it encode faster?...

I'm running Dual AMD MP 1800's with 2 gigs of pc2100 ddr ram on windows 2000 professional....

Minion  2002-07-25 21:05:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To enable multi-processor support go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "CPU" and tick the box next to "multi-threading" this will alow for useing both of your cpu"s......

Bug report - TE25 - 2.57 file too big No.25528
Manu  2002-07-25 09:21:13 ( ID:yqaqql9/gpj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems 2.57+ is buggy with his "Improved bitrate allocation of 2-passVBR ".

Encoding a 22'09 movie at 2000Kbits/video and 224kb/audio give me a 360Mo file with version 2.54 (correspond to the bitrate) and a 410Mo file with v2.57.

Cannot put 2 of these on a cd anymore :(

Question - TE25 - MPEG 2 demultiplexing No.25523
prasad  2002-07-25 06:35:36 ( ID:jlzxjwwmxer )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I found that it is possible to perform MPEG2 demultiplexing using TMPGEnc. I was wondering if this is a real time operation or non real time.

The issue I have is to find out if we can use tools like TMPGEnc to perform real time MPEG2 TS demultiplexing ?

Thanks

ASHY  2002-07-25 10:40:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean real time? TMPG multiplexes/de-multiplexes faster that real time.
Also I don't think it can handle transport streams. You would need something like MPEG2VCR for this.

ASHY

Griff  2002-07-27 11:29:24 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you mean de-multiplexing or transcoding. To de-multiplex is to seperate sound and picture streams. To transcode is to convert from one video format (type) to another format (type), or to downsample (or upsample) from the same type. If you're tanscoding, in the case of mpeg2's, it can't be done in real time, unless you own a powerful dual processor machine, and even then it's unlikely.

Griff

ASHY  2002-07-27 13:06:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Griff it is possible to transcode to MPEG2 at a rate faster than realtime using my 1.7ghz p4 and 256 RAM, so nothing special there.

I regularly encode to MPEG2 at 1.5x real time using DVD2AVI>AVIsynth>CCE.
CCE is much faster than TMPG and the MPEG2 output quality is unmatched by any software encoder and beats TMPG hands down.

ASHY

Griff  2002-07-27 18:00:21 ( ID:jjuoli2e8m. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I thought we were discussing TMPGEnc's encoding speed, not CCE.

I've been following the interest in CCE for some time. It seemed to gain prominence around last Christmas. I was thinking of giving CCE at try, 'till I baught a piece of hardware which stopped me in my tracks. More on that later.

The thing that gets me is that many of the people who make comparisons between TMPGEnc and CCE, don't even have a DVD burner, so they never get to see what both packages can really do; and those that do have a burner then watch the DVDs on a playstation or similar.

Also,simply looking at a DVD on as computer monitor will only give some idea of what the final movie will look like on tv, but may also be misleading, since there are differences in brightness, contrast, and black level between the two.

I recently got hold of the Win Nova-t digital terrestial tv card. The mpeg2 files that this produces are breathtaking in their quality (given the right source) and I was determined to keep as much of this quality as possible, when transcoding to DVD compliant mpeg2. What I was totally unprepaired for, was the image quality I got when playing these off-air recording on my hardware player. The image quality is absolutely stunning; and I don't say this lightly. I'm a total perfectionist when it comes to video, (and audio) playback. I have a high-end DVD player (Pioneer DV717), a state-of-the-art flatscreen tv, and access to an Eizo video projector.

Some of the recordings I'm transfering to DVD are superior to many off-the-shelf titles (although I've read that some of the movie companies are releasing special editions of their movies with no extras and higher bitrates).

As for CCE, how do you better perfection?

However, you don't have to take my word for it. If you give a postal address I'm willing to send you a copy of a recent concert - if you pay for postage and the DVD, about GBP2.00 - recorded from Channel 4.

Griff

Question - TE25 - Very new to this, HELP? No.25519
rickgans  2002-07-25 05:11:45 ( ID:zho/umk31bn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was told that, with this program, I could convert downloaded .avi files of movies to a format that I could use to burn onto CD-Rs using my Nero software. I loaded the 2.57 program and used the Load Video CD (NTSC).mcf to set up a template. When I click Browse next to the Video Source window and then go to the location where I have a couple of movies I got from Kazaa, I click on one. I get a message that gives the files name and also says, "can not open, or unsupported". What does this mean and what do I do?

Minion  2002-07-25 05:23:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show file reader" to "2"..........

Olli  2002-07-25 09:32:33 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Heh ..I bet you have that answer permanently in your clipboard to paste in reply to the daily questions on this one ...

Minion  2002-07-25 21:57:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No ,but I should ,I just with poeple would use the "search" function on the BBS so poeple won"t have to answer the same question 5 times a day....

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc 2.57 Trial version still looses audio No.25516
sonny-trang  2002-07-24 23:49:04 ( ID:6z9tflwpa6m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
When encode a 2-hr long AVI, the audio is gone after
about 1hr 22 mins, and came back toward the end of the
2-hr. This happens with the both versions, the old and
the newly released 2.57. They both drop audio at the exact
spot. Anybody seen this before? 2.57 supposed to fix the
audio drop for 3hr long footage. I am using the trial versions
for now, until I am satisfy with the result.

Sonny

Minion  2002-07-25 02:08:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried to use the audio encoder plugins that you install in the "external tools" they probably would solve the problem cuz they are useing a totally different encodeing engine than tmpgenc, The two good ones are "toolame" and "Scmpx" just do a search for them on Google and you will find them for download they give much better quality and reliability than the encoder used in tmpgenc, You install them in tmpgenc buy going to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "external tools" then just click browse and choose the encoders .exe file and it encodes the audio first before the movie instead of as the movie is playing...

TMPEGEnc User  2002-07-26 17:05:02 ( ID:y30whv.gnmr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Loosing audio happens even with much shorter files: I had the same problem with a 7 minutes video where audio disappeared after 2 minutes in the *.mpg file
Using an external audio encoder (e.g. toolame) did not help either.

A remedy I was successful with:
Extract the audio as *.wav from the original *.avi with VirtualDub (Menu: File/Save WAV....), and re-encode with TMPEGEnc using the original *.avi as video source and the extracted *.wav as audio source.
Notice that video/audio synchronization may eventually require some extra efforts.

H

Question - TE25 - Importing MPEG-2, what way is best? No.25507
ABS  2002-07-24 23:24:00 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tried encoding MPEG-2 to MPEG-1 using:
1)MPEG-2 VFAPI plugin
2) Directshow (which uses ligos)

Thing is, the resulting MPEG-1 files really variated between the two...

For start with Ligos I noticed that there is an actuall shift in colors, Orange became more red and Blue became more cyan! Further more there was also an noticable extra brightness that could especially be seen in the darker areas...

The VFAPI plugin didn't have the above odd problems, but it did have few disadvantages. For start it didn't let me use SSE-2 despide haveing a Pentium-4 computer and Putting in it's directory the P4Package.dll file. Further more, unlike ligos, it didn't let me import the MPEG-2 system (program?) stream so I had to demux the original mpeg-2 file and add the extracted mp2 file as audio source.

In terms of speed the two are te same except when useing Floating point at the VFAPI plugin's setup which made it almost 8 times slower(!!!), but maybe if I could enable the SSE-2 it wouldn't be that slower.

Thoughts anyone? Comments? Questions?

ABS

ABS  2002-07-24 23:28:09 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Note: I meant to say that the VFAPI plug in, when selecting the MPEG-2 program stream as video source, wouldn't allow using the audio part of the file (unlike ligos). So I had to demux the audio to mp2 file and add it to the audio source.

ASHY  2002-07-24 23:51:56 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go back to version 2.56 or earlier and try this codec,
http://www.plmovies.com/mpeg2codec_installer.zip as it doesn't seem to work with the new 2.57 version. It's the fastest one I have used and gives good results or you could use DVD2AVI and create a d2v file.

As for importing the audio from an MPEG2 file, why bother? The audio is already in the correct format, so why encode it again. All you need do is multiplex it with your re-encoded video file, saving time and quality.

P.S. Did you try the AVIsynth filter?

ASHY

ABS  2002-07-25 02:39:45 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will give the codec a try.
If not, I guess I'll try DVD2AVI... Used it only twice until now. For the avisynth/decomb and for a very complex VHS restoring process that also involved avisynth. But haven't chacked for any brightness/color problems...

And about avisynth, I tried using decomb and the video did come out progressive. However when playing the video was jumpy as if it dropped the wrong frames... Tried changing parameters but didn't help.

ABS

ABS  2002-07-25 03:06:57 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, codec didn't work so I guess I'd be using DVD2AVI

ABS

ASHY  2002-07-25 10:51:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't understand why the codec didn't work unless you are usind TMPG 2.57 as I know it works.
Anyway as far as using the decomb filter in AVIsynth. I had more or less the same problem, but managed to reduce the jerking by using the decimate function to decimate every 12th frame.

ASHY

ABS  2002-07-26 08:55:43 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tried 12 and still was quite jumpy... Depends on the video itself too I suppouse...

And to note, that MPEG-2 plugin for which you sent me a link, not only that it didn't work but it also messed up the directshow/ligos so I can't play mp2 files... Actually they do play but change the playing speed of the files randomly while playing... Very odd sounding... Maybe Direct-x has something to do with it, or it doesnt work with win2k? who knows...

ABS

ASHY  2002-07-26 12:08:21 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Looks like you are having more or less the same probs as me with that movie, I don't know how many hours I tried to get a smooth movie and then just settled for the best I could get it. It's funny how there are plenty of utilities and filters out there for removing 3:2 pulldown, but I have never come across anything specifically made for removing 24:1 pulldown nor have I came across any software which can actually apply 24:1 pulldown.

Maybe the problem you are having with the MPEG2 codec is due to the other MPEG2 codecs you have installed which I would guess are causing a conflict as they both use direct show. I know they work on any system as there are many other on this BBS who use them and never have a problem with them.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-26 12:11:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another thing I forgot to mention. The MPEG2 filters I gave you the link to are in fact LIGOS filters. So it looks as if you have two sets of more or less the same filters installed which is casuing the problem.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Still no audio for 3 hour movies No.25501
knish  2002-07-24 21:41:37 ( ID:rvc5r/0flnm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Apparently TMPGEnc ver 2.57 had a bug fix included that would let audio for movies longer than 3 hours to encode. However, I am not having much success with this. If I convert the audio to an mp3 file (filesize ~400 mb), the audio shows up in TMPGEnc. Same audio in a wav file (filesize ~2.7 GB), no audio displays.

Any suggestions? TIA.

knish

Minion  2002-07-24 21:46:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a fairly simple work around for this, you can just encode the video then encode the audio then mux them together, but if the audio still cut"s out in tmpgenc after a certain time you can use a audio encoder like "db power amp" with the mp2 codec to encode the audio then mux the audio and video together........

knish  2002-07-24 21:49:14 ( ID:rvc5r/0flnm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion:

I read about that workaround in one of your previous posts but when I try to encode audio, TMPGenc takes about a second and generates a mp2 file of 2 KB size. Is there something I am missing?

TIA

knish.

Minion  2002-07-24 22:00:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There might be something wrong with the audio file, so try the "db power amp" work around the program is free and it is one of the better audio encoders, you can download it here:http://www.dbpoweramp.com/
but don"t forget to download the mp2 audio codec...

knish  2002-07-24 22:05:02 ( ID:rvc5r/0flnm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion:

I do appreciate the help you have provided and just wanted to make sure that I do not sound argumentative. This is the second wav that I have had the problem with. Exact same symptoms. Leads me to believe that there has to be an issue with TMPGEnc. But, hey, I have not paid for TMPGEnc, yet :) so I will try what you suggested.

Thanks, again. Still any other pointers are appreciated.

knish.

ASHY  2002-07-24 23:38:55 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you say you have tried encoding the audio separately with TMPG and it only results in a 2kb file, well I think this is the problem.
It seems as though the same think is happening when you try to encode the movie with the sound. It seems TMPG is encoding the movie ok, but is only encoding 2kb of audio with it.

I guess if you examine the movie with the audio you will probably find a 2kb audio file.

I would also guess that if you can sort out the problem of why TMPG only encodes a 2kb seperate audio file then I think your problem will be solved.

Have you tried any earlier versions, try going back a few versions because you don't know when this anomalie started.

Have a look for version 2.52 on google, seemed quite stable. I can't give you the direct link 'cos it will get deleted, but if you search for
tmpgenc-2.52.34.129.zip on google you may find something.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.