Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 795 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Newbie Question..How do I batch convert multiple AVIS to MPEG? Fade 1 2002-07-09 22:02:47
Question TE25 Video stutter on last frame dpweber 0 2002-07-09 15:34:50
Question TE25 AVI Audio Video Sync Tim 5 2002-07-11 21:22:19
Question TE25 another problem with sound Albert 1 2002-07-09 21:53:38
Request TE25 Pan and Scan dakos 0 2002-07-09 09:35:07
Question TE25 Probs with FlaskMPG + Avisynth + TMPGEnc Martin 0 2002-07-09 07:28:04
Question TE25 Convert avi -> mpg but no picture |SpaZ| 2 2002-07-09 07:23:02
Question TE25 how to make files compatible with scenarist 2.6 Mediator 0 2002-07-09 02:23:54
Question TE25 Malc logansmith 1 2002-07-09 00:39:55
Question TE25 Help!! 50 hrs Encoding time for 2 hr video? Sonny Trang 16 2002-07-15 17:39:56
Question TE25 WinXP "Crash to desktop" ChiRho 0 2002-07-08 23:51:59
Question TE25 MPEG plays upside down Tony Finch 2 2002-07-09 02:03:35

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 795 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Newbie Question..How do I batch convert multiple AVIS to MPEG? No.24662
Fade  2002-07-09 18:03:36 ( ID:3r6r2qxitwl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I figured out how to do a single avi>>mpeg conversion but I would like to know how I can set a batch task to convert a whole bunch of avis to mpegs at the same time.

Thanks for your help!

Minion  2002-07-09 22:02:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you do is load each file in tmpgenc seperately do your settings and go to "file" to "save progect" then repeat for each file, then when you are done saveing progect files for each avi file then you go to "file" to "batch encode" then load all the project files into the "batch encode" window then click "run" ans thats it accept wait.....

Question - TE25 - Video stutter on last frame No.24661
dpweber  2002-07-09 15:34:50 ( ID:ct0jxqcblhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I eliminate a stutter condition on the last frame of a clip?
using TMPGEnc version 2.56.39.143 downloaded June 30, 2002

Have a 5 min 13sec clip that I've used to test various settings and encoders. This clip is NTSC, 29.97fps, 720x480 resolution, 4:3 aspect.

The last 1 second of this clip contains rapid motion. Each movie consists of the same 5:13 clip, authored with DVDit and played back on a Sony DVP-NS700P player. Outlined below are my test movies which all use this footage:

Movie1
Clip exported from Sony Giga Pocket as MPEG2
plays fine

Movie 2
Clip exported from Giga Pocket as AVI, encoded with DVgate Assemble
plays fine

Movie 3
Clip exported as AVI,encoded with TMPGEnc (using Rui's settings)
plays fine until last frame. Last frame stutters on screen for approx. 1 second before the movie ends.

For example, when playing back, I pause the player at the 5:13 mark. I then frame by frame forward 8 times. For all movies tests, the clip plays ok up to this point. When I frame forward the 9th time, Movie 1 and Movie 2 displays ok. When I frame forward the 10th time, the frame stutters. If I continue to frame forward, on the 21st time, the movie ends.

Movie 4
Using Premiere 6, I took the same footage and added a 20 frame, black fill title clip at the end. Encoded with TMPGEnc. Performing the same frame by frame replay, when I frame forward the 9th time I see the final scene appear ok. I then have to frame forward to the 41st time until the movie ends.

Using BitRate Viewer, I have verified that each clip contains a total of 9399 frames, except for Movie 4 which contains 9419 frames.

I have tested with 8M CBR, 2-pass VBR (hi 8000, avg 6000, low 2000). Same results.

Tested with 8M CBR, Max GOP length 15. Same results
Tested with 8M CBR, unchecked "Detect scene change". Same results.

Any suggestions on how I can eliminate this "stutter" condition?

I have also used other clips created by Premiere 6. All appear to have this same condition.

Question - TE25 - AVI Audio Video Sync No.24655
Tim  2002-07-09 12:05:37 ( ID:vd4a/gcxlf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I thought I had cracked the video audio sync issues with TMPGEnc (even v 2.56 does this). Then I found that even the raw captured AVI on the hard drive was suffering badly from the same problem.

I had a 3 hour video which I captured thru a win tv card using MGI Videowave 4 capture software.

At the beginning of the capture all is well but by half way thru (about 1.5 hours) there is about a 10 second difference.

If this is happening at the AVI capture stage what hope do I have for encoding the whole thing? Why is this happening?

cheers
tc

Minion  2002-07-09 22:16:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is probably the most common problem with captured files, the de-sync is usually caused by dropped frames and in turn the dropped frames are causeing the video file to be gradually shorter than the audio file so your file gets slowly but gradually out of sync, to fix this you can use a audio editing program to speed up the audio file and shrink it so it is the same exact length as your video file you can use "cool edit" or "sound forge" for this ,There is a detailed "how to" at "www.vcdhelp.com" on how to fix sync issues like this....

ASHY  2002-07-11 00:51:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your capture software may have a setting somewhere regarding interleaving with the Video with the audio. If it has make sure it is set for full interleaving this should prevent the audio going out of sync when frames are dropped.

The other and more likely reason is that your sound card's clock frequency is running at a different rate than your capture card. This will cause precisely the problem you are having.

Your best bet is to use another capture software which corrects this. Virtualdub is able to syncronize your capture card with your soundcard.

Start Virtualdub for capture and then click Capture>Timing... and make sure the option to sycronize is checked.

This should sort you problem if it's down to the frequency mismatch.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-11 00:51:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your capture software may have a setting somewhere regarding interleaving with the Video with the audio. If it has make sure it is set for full interleaving this should prevent the audio going out of sync when frames are dropped.

The other and more likely reason is that your sound card's clock frequency is running at a different rate than your capture card. This will cause precisely the problem you are having.

Your best bet is to use another capture software which corrects this. Virtualdub is able to syncronize your capture card with your soundcard.

Start Virtualdub for capture and then click Capture>Timing... and make sure the option to sycronize is checked.

This should sort your problem if it's down to the frequency mismatch.

ASHY

Tim  2002-07-11 09:39:33 ( ID:vd4a/gcxlf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks folks, - looks like I might have to buy Virtual Dub

cheers
tc

ASHY  2002-07-11 21:22:19 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Virtualdub is absolutely free and is a program that you don't know how you did without once you have it. I don't know where I would be without it.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - another problem with sound No.24653
Albert  2002-07-09 10:26:03 ( ID:vu6do2ezpbw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!Although you cannot belive I've another problem with audio when I encode a film!As you teach me I'm using virtual-dub to encode the audio and then I encode all film (audio + picture) And it worked well in my first film!but in the second one, when I encoded the second frame of film audio isn't syncronized with picture. What can I do to solve this problem?????????????

Another personal question: tmpgenc plus have so many problems? or if I buy it I will encode all my films correctly at once?

Thanks a lot!!
ALBERT (a frustrated encoder)

Minion  2002-07-09 21:53:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems that most problems encodeing stem from the quality and condition of the avi file you are encodeing and not bugs in tmpgenc,if you encode movies downloaded off the net you will have a lot more problems than with avi files produced by your computer or captureing, this is because while downloading movies off the net there is a certain amount of corruption in the file,but for you out of sync problems, it depends on what type of sync problem you have as to what method you use to fix it, if the audio and video are out of sync the same amount the whole way through the movie then the problem can usually be fixed by de-multiplexing and re-multiplexing with a program like "bbmpeg" or "mpeg2vcr" and use the feature in the multiplexor that lets you off-set the audio or video to sync up the file......

Request - TE25 - Pan and Scan No.24652
dakos  2002-07-09 09:35:07 ( ID:4d4uj.l20kw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wish there could be an option to Pan and Scan a movie in a way that I'd tell TMPGEnc the periods and the amount of Pan and Scan to do for every section.

Its very helpfull when converting from one format to another NTSC to PAL, 16:9 to 4:3 and such.

Thanks
dakos

Question - TE25 - Probs with FlaskMPG + Avisynth + TMPGEnc No.24651
Martin  2002-07-09 07:28:04 ( ID:lehgnokgq1l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi folks,

I've been trying to make an SVCD compliant MPEG2 file using FlaskMPG 0.594, Avisynth 0.3 (w/Premiere Plugin), and TMPGEnc 2.55. However, TMPGEnc keeps fooling me:
*If I select CBR, everything works, but the mpg file gets huge. For instance, I encoded a 50min video at a specified average bitrate of 1920kbps (and a max of 2300kbps), which should produce an mpg file of roughly 700..750MB. The file I got eventually was about 1GB!
*If I select 2-Pass VBR, the behavior is even more curious. The resulting mpg file was about the size I'd expect, but it displayed only the last frame throughout the entire playing time, while audio was okay.
*Then I tried to encode just a tiny part of the video. I set Flask to convert the first 5000 frames. Result: I got the audio information out of frame 0..4999, but the video of frame 5000..9999. It looks as if TMPGEnc rewinds the audio stream after Pass 1, but not the video stream.
Is this a bug, or what am I doing wrong?

Martin

Question - TE25 - Convert avi -> mpg but no picture No.24648
|SpaZ|  2002-07-09 02:56:32 ( ID:4bqm5tnufkc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I am trying to convert a .avi file to a .mpg it seems like it works successfully but when I burn it into a SVCD it won't display any image.

Minion  2002-07-09 05:21:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In most cases if the file plays fine on your computer then it should burn to a cd-r and play in your dvd player if your player supports svcd, so All I can think of is if the mpeg plays fine on your computer the problem must be with the way you burned it to cd-r or a problem with your dvd/svcd player, There are a few good svcd authoring program out there that if used correctly should author your file to play , "Nero Burning Rom" is probably the easiest and most reliable for burning vcd/svcd, and "VCD Easy" is good if you want to do chapters, if you burn it correctly then the only place left that the problem could be is possibly your dvd/svcd player.....

Minion  2002-07-09 07:23:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ohh, and if you didn"t check the mpeg file after encodeing and before burning to disk,I don"t know why you wouldn"t but in cas you didn"t the problem could be that you need to raise the priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" in your "Vfapi Plugins".Usually if the movie is displayed in the tmpgenc screen while encodeing then it will be there in the file but you should allways watch the mpeg on yer computer before burning cuz sometime the file can have problems like your problem or no audio or out of sync or any other one of a dozzen problems...

Question - TE25 - how to make files compatible with scenarist 2.6 No.24647
Mediator  2002-07-09 02:23:54 ( ID:exu9f.g0w4g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I encode with TMPGENC to mp2, and whan i want to import the files in Scenarist 2.6, I get the error message:

Error : Number of fields (300) in GOP(# 1) or between sequence_header_code should be equal or smaller than 30.

I searched in the option, but I couldn't manage to find the "Number of Fields" set option.

Thanks

Question - TE25 - Malc No.24645
logansmith  2002-07-09 00:13:52 ( ID:yjugllmhu1w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an avi file that I want to bet on to cd as a vcd, can someone tell me what have to do, this is all quite new to me.

Thanks

Minion  2002-07-09 00:39:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "www.vcdhelp.com" and there there are a lot of step by step manuals that will help give you and idea on how to go about it and there are links to the software that you will need to do it correctly, makeing vcd/svcd/dvd"s can be a lot harder than it looks so it is good to read up on all you can and get a good idea of the principles involved before you start encodeing......

Question - TE25 - Help!! 50 hrs Encoding time for 2 hr video? No.24628
Sonny Trang  2002-07-08 23:58:09 ( ID:6z9tflwpa6m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I am new to the world of video editing, I am currently trying out
the TMPGE, I follow some of the template I found to get the best
DVD quality from AVI (VBR, 10bit, high bit-rate, Best quality, 2 pass...)
My 2-hr video need 50 hr of encoding time,
is this normal and can I do anything to speed it up. My system is:

- AMD Athlon 1.2 with 512 Mb RAM
- Windows XP on Seagate 9 Gb, 7200 ATA 66
- Captured AVI is on a separate disk Seagate 40GB, 7200 ATA 100

Thank you

Sonny

Minion  2002-07-09 00:36:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First thing you can do to increase speed and maybe even quality is to not use the 2 pass encode mode, most poeple that are farmilliar with tmpgenc know that the CQ method will give you as good results with less than half the encode time, and useing the "high quality" mode instead of "highest quality" will speed things up a lot, and try not to use very many filters, and make sure that the cpu optimizations are enabled (3D-now,sse,sse-2), if you are doing everything correctly then it shouldn"t take more than 10-12 hours to encode a 2 hour avi file on your system...

Russ M.  2002-07-09 15:01:23 ( ID:6shutsubnla )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, me too (as read in yesterday's thread). I've tried everything and still can't get less than 69 hours on a 2:24 video with a P3-800 & 256mb (480x480 SVCD). It's particularly frustrating because so many others are able to easily achieve what I consider to be stunning performance. If I could get it to 24 hrs even, I'd be elated. But unfortunately, 69 hours makes me less than eager about the entire process.

Currently, I'm in the process of defragmenting my boot HD with Norton Speed Disk. I think the disk is fragmented just enough that the windows swap file is having issues. It's only a theory but I'm running out of ideas. It can't hurt at least. If I find out anything, I'll be sure to post it here.

dpweber  2002-07-09 15:49:53 ( ID:ct0jxqcblhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My test encode using VBR (hi 8000 avg 6000 low 2000) took approx. 25 minutes for each minute of footage on a WinXP P4 2G, 512M system. Windows Task Manger showed TMPGEnc consuming 95-100% CPU. Disk light blinked on and off slowly. It appears that the limiting resource is CPU

Russ M.  2002-07-09 17:43:49 ( ID:6shutsubnla )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So based on your results, a movie the size of mine (2:25) would have taken you approximately 19 hours and 20 mins. With a processor about 3.7 times as fast as mine, that makes my 69 hrs seem accurate. So why is everyone else with relatively low speed processors reporting such fast encode times? Hmmmm...

Russ M.  2002-07-09 18:56:23 ( ID:6shutsubnla )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Now wait a minute here. I mis-calculated. At 25 minutes encode time per 1 minute of video, that comes to 60 hours and 25 minues for a movie 2:25. If that's with a 2G P4, and mine takes 72 hous with a P3-800, I would say that CPU isn't quite as big a factor as I once thought. Clearly, the P4-2G performs better, but I would have expected a much larger improvement timewise. But my original question still applies, "How do some of you get such low times on your encodes?". Lower res? Maybe an older version of TMPG? No wonder there's nothing I can do to speed things up!

Griff  2002-07-09 21:45:24 ( ID:jjuoli2e8m. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dajavou,

I agree entirely. Like I earlier said, the difference between encoding times on my home machine: PIII 450MHz 314MB RAM 2 IDE hard disks, and my work machine: Athon 1.4 GHz, 1.5GB DDR RAM, 3 SCSI hard disks is only around 70-90%. i.e. ~a factor of 2, but my work machine should encode at least 3 time faster.

dpweber,s test movie took 25 minutes to encode 1 minute of video, i.e. thats a factor of 25:1 so a 2 hour movie on his machine will take 50 hours.

On my machine a 3 hour movie took 2 days - in fact it took 2x16 hours = 30 hours, at absolute top quality.

And the version I'm using - beta12a (which in certain quarters is still said to be the best version).

Griff

dpweber  2002-07-10 00:38:25 ( ID:ct0jxqcblhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have performing a number of tests over the past week to obtain performance and quality info. I've included below some tests that I recently completed with TPMGEnc on my Sony P4 2G, 512M, 2-100G drives. All test files are 5:13 in length.
(the "AVI file created in Step 3" refers to my use of Sonys' GigaPocket capture hardware/software. If you're not familar with this, it's functionality somewhat like a Tivo unit. Once the video is capture, it supports export of AVI and MPEG2 files)

Step 6
Processed AVI file created in Step 3 using free version of TMPGEnc. Used default settings with 8m CBR specified.
length 14:50 (just a little longer than Movie Shaker)
cpu 70-95%
disk light on then off slowly
file size 319M

Step 7
Processed AVI file created in Step 3 using free version of TMPGEnc. Used default settings with 8m CBR specified.
Created elemental output files
length 14:30
cpu 85-100%
available memory 320k
disk light on then off
file sizes: video 299M, audio 14.3M

Step 8
Processed AVI file created in Step 3 using DVgate Assemble to produce 8m CBR
length 5:30
cpu 85-95%
available memory 345k
disk light blinking
file size 299M

Step 9
Processed AVI file created in Step 3 using free version of TMPGEnc. Used settings with 2 pass VBR specified. Max bitrate 8000, min 2000, avg 5000, motion precision set to "Motion estimate search (fast)"
length 27:41
cpu 90-100%
disk light on then off slowly
file size 204M

This final test results in a relatively quick encode; however, the image was only fair and pixelization occurred during pans. The image quality improved significantly when I switch to motion precision Highest. This also resulted in the best quality of all others listed above. However, this difference is quality was not overly significant and I was happy with the results of all tests except for the Step 9 test.

I am currently attempted to resolve another problem where the last frame stutters (you can find the details in another post on this bbs). Once I get that resolved I will conduct the same tests with the CQ setting.

Minion  2002-07-10 09:20:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think there must be something wrong with your guys systems ,Wow 25 minutes to encode 1 minute of mpeg on a p4 with 1.5gb-ram,definately something wrong you should be encodeing in real time or faster, on my 800mhz it is about 4 or 5 to 1 with tmpgenc,I get as fast performence on my p1-133,it takes about 1 hour to encode 3 minutes on my 133.....

ASHY  2002-07-11 01:01:03 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your right there minion. My P4 1.7 O/C at 1.9 with 256 DDR RAM encodes in real time or faster when encoding from AVI using the Normal setting.

My old P3 450 with 128mb used to take around 10 hours for a 2 hr movie.

ASHY

NewtronX  2002-07-11 01:03:09 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with Minion their is surely some thing wrong with your guys systems. 25min encode time for 1min of video is insane. I average 3-5 Hours dependeing on bitrates I use for 1 Hour of Video in Mpeg format for conversion and alot less for Divx 4.12 encoding.
My system comprises of AMD Athlon 1.33Ghz,256MB 266MhzDDR ,15&40GB 7200Rpm Maxtors, 4xAGP32MB ATI Rage Furry Pro On a MSI KT266Pro Mother Board.

Russ M  2002-07-11 02:23:25 ( ID:6shutsubnla )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could the reason for the fast encode times be due to your video cards? I've been out of the video card hardware advances for quite a while but if you have hardware MPEG2 encoding/decoding, could it be that your system is utilizing it? I realize how stupid this must sound, but there has to be a logical explaination for this huge difference in encode times. I know my system runs slow for TMPEG, but I can compile a complex application just fine. I don't think it's as much of what's "wrong" with our systems as it is what's "right" about yours. Now....if we can only identify what that is, we'll all be in business. Well, the slow ones will be anyway. :)

Russ M.

ASHY  2002-07-11 21:45:43 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

None of us is using hardware encoding and the Video card has absolutely nothing at all to do with it.

I'll give you some specs that my system is using with TMPG.

Hardrive- IBM deskstar 40gb ATA 100 (using 80 pin cable a must) DMA enabled
Graphics- Nvidia TNT2
Processor- P4 1.7
Ram- 256 DDR 266

TMPG settings. Under Option>enviroment setting.

GENERAL:
All unchecked except,
Canapus DVD codec- 'enable reading reffered AVI through network'
Panasonic IO Data DV GigaAVI CODEC- 'enable reading reffered AVI through network'

Temporary file- same drive as operating system.

CPU:
All unchecked except MMX, MMX2, SSE, SSE2

SOUND:
Non checked.

EXTERNAL TOOL:
Non checked

VFAPI PLUGIN:
ALL checked and at priority 0

Under Option>preview option.

Display with thinning is checked.
Fix to 320x240 is checked.
Automatically resize window for preview is checked.

Under Option>Task priority.
When active - Normal priority is checked.
When not active - Idle time only is checked

When encoding all filters are unchecked and motion search precision is set to Normal.

Floating point DCT is checked.

Hope this helps.

ASHY

Russ M.  2002-07-12 23:24:52 ( ID:6shutsubnla )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Ashy. We have some different options with the new software that I couldn't set, but overall, your list was helpful. I did some testing with a :30 promo and it looks like I'll be getting 9 minutes per 1 min of vid. Not what I had hoped for but an improvement just the same.

Thanks again!

ASHY  2002-07-13 13:40:01 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Iam using the new version - TMPENC PLUS 2.56.39.143 so you should have exactly the same options as me.

ASHY

Burn Tan  2002-07-15 09:03:46 ( ID:nmqdyrajeaa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY, are you encoding it to MPEG-2 in SVCD resolution?

ASHY  2002-07-15 17:39:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes I usually do encode to SVCD, but when I do decide to do MPEG1 VCD it's only usually an hour or so quicker.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - WinXP "Crash to desktop" No.24627
ChiRho  Home )  2002-07-08 23:51:59 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

While running version ... 2.55.38.142, I get to 89% encoding this AVI file (I have encoded the source to AVI more than once) and I get the dreaded "crash to desktop" phenomenon. WinXP Pro, AthlonXP1700, 256MB-DDR, 40GB HDD (of which 5GB free).

1. Why isn't it at least giving me an error message?
2. Why isn't it leaving something in the event log?
3. How do I get around it? (Bearing in mind that the original encoding to AVI has happened more than once)

TIA

--XP

Question - TE25 - MPEG plays upside down No.24624
Tony Finch  2002-07-08 21:11:54 ( ID:7b.vivvoueh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The MPEG I encode from an AVI plays upside down on my Windows Media Player. What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

Tony

Minion  2002-07-08 22:07:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you did wrong is use "media player" cuz it has to be the worst mpeg player there is, so you should never play you mpeg files in media player, use dvd playing software like "power dvd" and your file should play correctly....

ChiRho  Home )  2002-07-09 02:03:35 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Let's not forget the baggage. Media Player (especially the recent versions, super-especially the one for Windows XP) aren't exactly renowned for being lightweight. Compare that to something like WinAmp, which from v3 will support playing video as well as audio. The whole download is about 1.8MB (but probably won't increase by much to add video support), and the executable is *TINY*. I personally use JetAudio (which reminds me - must check for updates)

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.