Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 804 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 video and sound too fast then normal again jim T 4 2002-07-03 04:17:55
Question TE25 TMPGEnc cannot read video of Divx file after fixing it with DivxFix. rs008f 0 2002-07-02 14:12:48
Request TE25 Tony Pacman 2 2002-08-20 17:49:52
Question TE25 sound problem for MOV2MPG conversion garzol 0 2002-07-02 11:39:39
Question TE25 encoding for DVD authoring Brian Jacobs 3 2002-07-07 15:00:31
Question TE25 tmpg -locking up and freezing Kerzon 2 2002-07-02 17:30:56
Question TE25 plays fine on my computer, but why not my dvd???? HELP jasmine 3 2002-07-04 19:37:33
Question TE25 Green Blocks In Avi WhiTeRuM 5 2002-07-05 03:09:57
Question TE25 Anyone know of better video editor programs? Kenny 2 2002-07-02 05:41:33
Bug report TE25 Enable Padding option under 2xpass VBR causes NO USER SCAN DATA error with bbmpeg mGuru 6 2002-07-02 19:18:57
Question TE25 does anybody have dbpoweramp program or similar...? John 2 2002-07-02 10:57:38
Question TE25 Adding logo Daphne 1 2002-07-02 11:16:54

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 804 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - video and sound too fast then normal again No.24296
jim T  2002-07-02 15:24:28 ( ID:7jd2qlyfokm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
Ive made a few movies and all worked out great but then now they havnt been.
im pretty sure i used mpeg tools to join some more bits on the end.(1 more little mpg), well the original file was avi so i convert it into mpeg with tmpgenc. after that i joined it by using the tools under the file menu. after burning it unto a disk, it plays well on my computer, but when i played it on my dvd, the person isn't speaking at the right time, as if the audio is a little bit too fast for the video,and sometimes the video goes really fast for a second or so, but then sometimes it comes together again and then BOOM it's back to you know.... what is wrong??? ... can anyone help me. can someone help me please.

jim T  2002-07-02 15:44:51 ( ID:/ltlglwfcqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i think i might have a very similar, probably the same problem as jasmine a bit further down....if anyone could help plz. THx

Videopimp.com  Home )  2002-07-02 19:02:09 ( ID:bc9evnvf.8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

did you use standard NTSC VCD specs? or PAL specs settings when you encoded?

Minion  2002-07-02 21:16:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have found this is actually a problem with certain dvd players reacting to buffer under and over flows, one thing that seems to help is to turn the VBV buffer down to like 40-60, and burn your vcd"s on the slowest speed you can, my 24 time cd-rw will only let be burn at 8 times so I"ve been useing slow burning disks and burning at 4 times and the problem has dissapeared...

jim T  2002-07-03 04:17:55 ( ID:7jd2qlyfokm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thx for all the help...
but im pretty sure its got nothing to do with my dvd player because all my other vcds' and svcd's that ive made have worked great....im now pretty sure its because of tmpgenc's cut and join tools.......If someone good still help with my problem thx...it was in ntsc film format and the other that didnt work was pal...

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc cannot read video of Divx file after fixing it with DivxFix. No.24295
rs008f  2002-07-02 14:12:48 ( ID:jaslasbhwqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After rebuilding the index of a Divx file with DivxFix, TMPGEnc often don't see the video. When I try to preview it using Source Range, the preview is just a black screen. Does DivxFix create an incompatible index that is unreadable by TMPGEnc?

Request - TE25 - Tony No.24292
Pacman  2002-07-02 13:37:39 ( ID:i.morrckor. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can we have in future versions a size output display as the film is encoding.
As i hate having to do 1 min runs just to see the size of the file.
IE: 1min = 22mg x by 80mins = 1760mb Estimate.

Many Regards
Pacman:D

Minion  2002-07-02 21:19:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is the one feature that would make encodeing a much better experience,I sometimes have to encode a movie 5 times cuz the file edns up either to big or to small, Cinema Craft has this feature and have come to rely on it when useing that program.....

Pacman  2002-08-20 17:49:52 ( ID:i.morrckor. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thxs 4 Backing Me Up...
Lets Hope We See This Implamented In A Near Future Version..:)

Regards
Pacman:)

Question - TE25 - sound problem for MOV2MPG conversion No.24291
garzol  2002-07-02 11:39:39 ( ID:hib1fzqnl6g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I try to convert the trailer of startrek nemesis from MOV to Video-CD to look at it on my TV. With tMPEGenc : to produced file has no sound !
(you can try getting the file at http://www.startrek.com/

I will try to extract the sound from the MOV file and to mix them,

garzol

Question - TE25 - encoding for DVD authoring No.24287
Brian Jacobs  2002-07-02 09:43:43 ( ID:tvg1mofv1cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded TMPGEnc Plus for a 30 day trial...I tried using it to produce Mpeg2 files for DVD authoring with DVD-IT PE......I am able to tweak the TMPGEnc parameters to produce Mpeg-2 files of magnificent quality, better than any other encoder I've tried, but when I try to use these files in DVD-IT PE, I get an error message that the files don't have one Sequence Header per GOP.....Now, I know that they do, because I've been through all the settings and have set the GOP parameters accordingly, but still get this error message....I am encoding in PAL, so the total GOP limit is 15 frames....with 1 Sequence Header every GOP....

can anyone tell me what is going on...is this happening because its just an evaluation version....? I am convinced that Tsunami is unbeatable so really want to use it, but can't until I find out what I'm doing wrong...

Brian...

ASHY  2002-07-02 10:30:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are loading your file as a program stream then don't. Most DVD authoring systems prefer separate Video and audio streams, so demultiplex your MPEG to a separate Video and Audio stream.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-05 19:55:18 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you read the post properly it already states that the GOP length is 15 and that he has added a sequence header.
The actual GOP structure you quote is irrelevant.

ASHY

Griff  2002-07-07 15:00:31 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had a similar GOP (Group Of Picture) problem in My DVD (a watered down versin of DVD-IT). The simple way of fixing the problem was to load the file to be encoded using the DVD template; this method doesn't always work,however, and is, I suspect, version dependent.

Question - TE25 - tmpg -locking up and freezing No.24284
Kerzon  2002-07-02 06:21:17 ( ID:kjn4oijuukl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpg which worked great for me for a long time now locks up and freezes durng conversion.I have deleted and reinstalled it many times with no help.This happens on all movies that I try and convert. It happens at different times even on the same movie.It locks my computer up hard.No other problems with any other programs I run.
p3 1000
384 ram
Running xp.
Any advice?
And thanks in advance.
Kerzon

Kamin  2002-07-02 13:20:36 ( ID:4fotrfcbulg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The same thing just started happening to me. I've been doing standard SVCD settings with a bitrate of 1900 for months without problem. Now (after installing v2.54) I'm getting hard lockups during encoding. I may try to drop back to a previous version of TMPGEnc.
Athlon TB 900
256M
ATI AIW 128

kerzon  2002-07-02 17:30:56 ( ID:kjn4oijuukl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Let me know if this works. I've tried about everything I can think of and am bummed out.
Kerzon

Question - TE25 - plays fine on my computer, but why not my dvd???? HELP No.24280
jasmine  2002-07-02 05:50:24 ( ID:ynm/nz9tz1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i downloaded a movie that is like an hour long and it's also split into 11 parts. well the original files are asx (i think) so i convert it into mpeg with tmpgenc. after that i joined it by using the tools under the file menu. after burning it unto a disk, it plays well on my computer, but when i played it on my dvd, the person isn't speaking at the right time, as if the audio is a little bit too fast for the video, but then sometimes it comes together again and then BOOM it's back to you know.... what is wrong??? i thought that it could be the cd brand that i'm using, but i guess it isn't... can anyone help me. i just don't understand how it would play perfect on the computer and all messed up in my dvd player...

Minion  2002-07-02 06:03:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That can happen if you encoded to a frame rate different than your avi files frame rate,and useing the merge and cut to join many files there can be an audio de-sync problems,files allways play better and smoother on a computer cuz the computer sort of compinsates for any flaws in the movie where a dvd player is VERY sensitive with what it will read, what I would advise is to use a different joining and editing program cause the mpeg tools just cause problems.......

ASHY  2002-07-02 10:13:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, so your sure it DOES play fine on your PC. If this is the case then it's not the encoding method, but the burning method and is usually down to the burning software.

What are you using to burn the movie? If you are using Nero then I would advise you to upgrade to the latest version as there is a bug in earlier versions which causes this in some players.
If that doesn't cure it try another software such as VCDeasy or one that has been known to correct this problem is Instant CD/DVD.

Also don't burn your disk any higher than 4x or it can and usually does cause problems in many hardware DVD players.

One other note on the files you downloaded, those files where obviously split purposely so they could be downloaded easier. You should have then used the original program to join the files back together. Where they winrar files with extensions such as .rar .01 .02 ? If not you should have used a proper file joining problem to re-combine them back together as joining so many MPEG files like you did is not advisable and can cause problems.

ASHY

jasmine  2002-07-04 19:37:33 ( ID:ynm/nz9tz1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using nero, but how do I upgrade it??

>Ok, so your sure it DOES play fine on your PC. If this is the case then it's not the encoding method, but the burning method and is usually down to the burning software.
>
>What are you using to burn the movie? If you are using Nero then I would advise you to upgrade to the latest version as there is a bug in earlier versions which causes this in some players.
>If that doesn't cure it try another software such as VCDeasy or one that has been known to correct this problem is Instant CD/DVD.
>
>Also don't burn your disk any higher than 4x or it can and usually does cause problems in many hardware DVD players.
>
>One other note on the files you downloaded, those files where obviously split purposely so they could be downloaded easier. You should have then used the original program to join the files back together. Where they winrar files with extensions such as .rar .01 .02 ? If not you should have used a proper file joining problem to re-combine them back together as joining so many MPEG files like you did is not advisable and can cause problems.
>
>ASHY

Question - TE25 - Green Blocks In Avi No.24274
WhiTeRuM  2002-07-02 05:26:11 ( ID:gt7m.vkjcga )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I am having a problem when i convert an avi or mpg to avi.. if i got an avi and i want to make changes to it, and i edit it and i want to save it in avi format, i have selected the divx low-motion codec... and i use regular sound..and when i get the output avi file.. it has green little splotches like when you mix up codecs if you have AngelPotion (i have had the same problem, but it was pink then).. but now it is green when i convert to avi.. can someone please answer my question? I really want to get back to converting my movies.. Thanks :)

Minion  2002-07-02 05:45:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are makeing avi files out of avi files or avi files out of mpeg files then try useing "virtualdub" that is what it is designed for, and if you want to make an avi out of an mpeg then I use dvd2avi cuz it is really fast like allmost real time on my slow machine.....

WhiTeRuM  2002-07-02 06:07:09 ( ID:gt7m.vkjcga )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks alot minion.. your a big help.. :)

ASHY  2002-07-02 10:21:11 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Divx codec you are using is now oudated. Use a later improved codec such as 4.12 or Divx 5. You will get better results than using the older Divx low and fast motion codecs and increase your bitrate.

The other thing is why are you saving it again as AVI at all. This is unecessary and will decrease the quality of the movie. You should be using Virtualdub to edit the file and then frameserve that file to TMPG rather than creating another AVI which is not only preserving the quality of the original AVI, but will also speed things up as you are not creating another unecessary AVI.
Go to www.vcdhelp.com for info how to frameserve from Virtualdub to TMPG.

ASHY

rs008f  2002-07-02 14:14:00 ( ID:jaslasbhwqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or your file maybe corrupted, check for errors using DivxFix.

WhiTeRuM  2002-07-05 03:09:57 ( ID:npkbay9e7ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for all ya'lls help.. Thanks :)

Question - TE25 - Anyone know of better video editor programs? No.24271
Kenny  2002-07-02 05:23:07 ( ID:0zda542jj/. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried using Tmpgenc to cut and merge my mpg files but it never works for me. Anyone know of better editors?

WhiTeRuM  2002-07-02 05:30:34 ( ID:gt7m.vkjcga )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey, the only software i know of to do cutting is Camels Mpeg Joiner.. its alot faster! :)

Minion  2002-07-02 05:41:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are lots of them , one is "mpeg2vcr" and "m2-edit pro" and power vcr edits mpeg"s and joines them..there are literally dozzens of them, but if you are just doing mpeg1/vcd then you can use vcd cutter it is freeware......

Bug report - TE25 - Enable Padding option under 2xpass VBR causes NO USER SCAN DATA error with bbmpeg No.24264
mGuru  2002-07-02 04:42:54 ( ID:ukutrhuhk8j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Enabling the padding option in the 2xpass VBR bitrate window causes packet errors when trying to multiplex with bbmpeg. It claims that there is no user data and halts without finishing the segment's scan data or the rest of the multiplex. These streams also cause other multiplexors to halt and packet error problems with VCD-Easy/Imager. In fact, the only fix I have found (without re-encoding without the padding option) is the mpeg->mpeg fix option with VCDGear.

I have since stopped using this padding option and the errors have ceased. There are quite a few others who have experienced the same problems per the doom9 boards.

mGuru

Minion  2002-07-02 08:30:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Adding padding seems sort of useless it is just adding empty space inyour file when you need all the space you got.....

ASHY  2002-07-02 10:27:37 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with minion adding the padding seems pointless to me. Do you really need to add it. Is your DVD player that critical when it comes to playing DVD's.
Also the reason why that bag of shite called VCDgear fixed your file is because it removed the padding from the MPEG file.

If you need to remove padding from any more movies I suggest you not use VCDgear and just load the file into the MPEGtools multiplexer. You will see the padding stream there and it will allow you to remove it.

ASHY

mGuru  2002-07-02 18:52:45 ( ID:ukutrhuhk8j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was just noting the bug report because a lot of people are getting this error, including myself, and I just recently figured out what was causing all the problems.......

BTW, do you have a link for that MPEGtools multiplexer please?

Thanks,
mGuru

ASHY  2002-07-02 19:06:29 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The MPEGtools Multiplexer is part of TMPGenc.
Click File>MPEGtools

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-02 19:12:54 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load the file into the MPEGtools de-multiplexer and you should see three streams, one of these will be the padding stream.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-02 19:18:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load the file into the MPEGtools de-multiplexer and you should see three streams, one of these will be the padding stream.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - does anybody have dbpoweramp program or similar...? No.24261
John  2002-07-02 04:00:52 ( ID:m4mpdoui/nh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Because www.bdpoweramp.com website is not working...
i need some similar program...
my problem is no audio...u knok..its M-3kind that tmpgenc cannot detect..
plez~~ help me.....

Minion  2002-07-02 04:50:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"ll e-mail it to you, but I don"t have the plugins...

ASHY  2002-07-02 10:57:38 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go here, it also has the codecs,
http://ftp.bspu.unibel.by/pub/Multimedia/dB/

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Adding logo No.24259
Daphne  2002-07-02 03:40:51 ( ID:w1avxhiqx5r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need to know how could I add a logo on the movie? I know that Virtual Dub can add the logo to the movie files but at the end, it is avi. file that I need to convert back to mpg from tmpge software and this will reduce the quality. Could anyone tell me if there is a way to add a logo in tmpge software or other method? Is adobe premier can? The main reason is to burn my own movie to my Video CD. So definitely I need CBR 1150 mbps.

really desperate..
Very very beg that one day tmpge have a ADD LOGO feature....I will prey

Suzzane laamo.
CA

Hataian  2002-07-02 11:16:54 ( ID:ceso8j9ek8a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load your video into Virtualdub,add the logo there and then frameserve it
to Tmpgenc.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.