Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 812 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Doesnt finish what it started Mehul 3 2002-06-26 18:31:53
Question TE25 Multiple Avi Convert ? scarface 1 2002-06-25 17:28:01
Question TE25 Is there anyway TMPGEnc can run on LInux? rs008f 4 2002-06-26 08:39:14
Question TE25 General video encoding question: MPEG Layer 3 Audio compression SomeGuy 1 2002-06-25 15:44:29
Question TE25 MP43 Encoding theBREADboyz 1 2002-06-25 21:48:39
Question TE25 file cannot open or unsupported Jerryd 3 2002-06-26 00:40:28
Question TE25 Using Output to avi does not bring audio... L. D. James 7 2002-06-26 19:12:36
Question TE25 Problem with Cutting S_O 1 2002-06-25 21:43:31
Request TE25 Delayed shutdown Joda 1 2002-06-25 16:13:04
Request TE25 Delayed shutdown Joda 2 2002-06-25 17:32:29
Question TE25 TMPGENC hangs during encoding of VBR SVCD Frank 4 2002-06-25 22:57:04
Question TE25 Index of scan line is out of range(272) bjornart 1 2002-06-25 11:49:47

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 812 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Doesnt finish what it started No.23944
Mehul  2002-06-25 17:40:17 ( ID:knpcm6li9qh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello:
I am trying to convert some MOV files to mpeg so I can make a VCD (these are the BMW films). I get through to about 1:30 into the movie and it stops and says there isnt enough memory. There is about 900 MB on my HD and I have 382 MB of RAM with a Pentium 3.
Can anyone help me with why it might say that?
Mehul

ASHY  2002-06-25 17:44:02 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to increase your virtual memory.

ASHY

Mehul  2002-06-25 18:01:00 ( ID:knpcm6li9qh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I do that?

ASHY  2002-06-26 18:31:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whats your operating system?

Question - TE25 - Multiple Avi Convert ? No.23942
scarface  2002-06-25 16:40:26 ( ID:kmuinhlsjww )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have various different Avi Files i would like to make a Sample VCD .
Is there a way to mark them all and tmpegenc will encode them all to MPG .???
Means all avi's get the same mpg , so i can merge them .

ASHY  2002-06-25 17:28:01 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Join them all using virtualdub and frameserve to TMPG.
Virtualdub has instructions in the help files how to do this.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Is there anyway TMPGEnc can run on LInux? No.23937
rs008f  2002-06-25 16:01:55 ( ID:jaslasbhwqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I manage to open it with WIne but unable to encode anything. If I install DIvx for linux, will it be able to encode DIvx files?

Minion  2002-06-25 21:50:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc only runs on "Windows" operateing systems and there is no plan to make it run on any other O.S.

M.Bastian  2002-06-26 00:15:23 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It works with wine for me but you cant install it with an fake windows directory. I did install an machine( actually vmware) with Win98 and all addons I need. After testing out if all works I copy the whole C partition to the linux side. Encoding is rock solid and nearly as fast as on the windows side. DVD2AVI works too.

rs008f  2002-06-26 04:30:24 ( ID:jaslasbhwqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the encoding speed slower in Linux than in Windows though?

>It works with wine for me but you cant install it with an fake windows directory. I did install an machine( actually vmware) with Win98 and all addons I need. After testing out if all works I copy the whole C partition to the linux side. Encoding is rock solid and nearly as fast as on the windows side. DVD2AVI works too.

M.Bastian  2002-06-26 08:39:14 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Really cant say exactly cause I have dedicated Boxes for Linux and WinXP. My AthlonXP 1700+ WinXP Box is considerably slower than my dual P III 1100 Mhz Linux Box(with checked SMP box of course)

Question - TE25 - General video encoding question: MPEG Layer 3 Audio compression No.23935
SomeGuy  2002-06-25 15:10:38 ( ID:b9b3ni2mgug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This doesn't really have anything to do with TMPGEnc ... and more with VirtualDub, but how do I encode a video file using MPEG Layer 3 codecs? I always encounter these files but have been unable to produce one with this type of audio compression... can someone lend me any pointers? tips? thanx

SomeGuy  2002-06-25 15:44:29 ( ID:b9b3ni2mgug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nevermind guys... i just found the answer...thanx

Question - TE25 - MP43 Encoding No.23933
theBREADboyz  2002-06-25 13:34:36 ( ID:iqssdbyxenl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have found this product an excellent encoder and has worked with many divx formats. I am trying to encode mp43's, Divx3 and divx 4 to mpeg1 format for burning with Nero 5.5.

I have ran into a road block and keep getting messages stating that MP43 are not supported. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another product or process I must take before encoding these? Seems Divx 3 and 4 may be the same problem.

By purchasing TMpeg Plus will these problems be corrected? Any suggestions on how to get5 over this hurdle would be appreciated!

Minion  2002-06-25 21:48:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your answer is in post # 9552 Right below this one....

Question - TE25 - file cannot open or unsupported No.23929
Jerryd  2002-06-25 13:11:07 ( ID:i1ycumbwsza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i try to convert avi files to vcd, it tells me the file i try to use is unsupported or cannot open. these are avi files which i can have viewed with my divx player, so i know they work. help!!!!!!!

Minion  2002-06-25 21:47:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably need to raise the priority of your "direct show" plugin, ypu do this by going to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" then right click on the "direct show" plugin and raise the priority to "2", this should get it loaded.and make sure you have the proper codecs to decode the file.

logansmith  2002-06-25 22:46:03 ( ID:yjugllmhu1w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please Please help me, I have tried all you have suggested and I am still getting the error "cannot open or is unsupported".

I downloaded the mpg files the software encoded the first one but will not encode the 2nd or 3rd.

Please help me please.

Minion  2002-06-26 00:40:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you downloaded "MPEG" files then why don"t you just burn them as they are? if they are mpeg2 files then you need the "mpeg2 vfapi plugin" and you might need to de-multiplex the mpeg and load the files in seperately...

Question - TE25 - Using Output to avi does not bring audio... No.23921
L. D. James  2002-06-25 13:09:17 ( ID:zbifpebajmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone advise me why when using the File--> Output to File --> avi doesn't encode audio. The resulting avi file is just video without sound.

Can someone advise me what can be done to output a file that has both audio and video as outputing to mpg will bring.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.

-- L. James

-----------
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Hataian  2002-06-25 16:12:07 ( ID:ampx/sl4ryn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe you didn't select "system(Video+Audio)"in the settings on the Tmpgenc
main screen and that's the reason for the missing audio.

L. D. James  2002-06-25 16:26:25 ( ID:zbifpebajmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the input. I did select System(Video+Audio) in the stream type. I can use File--> Output to File --> Mpeg and it will encode both audio and video. However, if it choose Avi rather than Mpeg only the video will be encoded.

Are you able to use File --> Output to File --> Avi and get both video and audio in the output avi file?

-- L. James

----------
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
www.apollo3.com/~ljames

L. D. James  2002-06-25 21:35:26 ( ID:zbifpebajmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the input. I did select System(Video+Audio) in the stream type. I can use File--> Output to File --> Mpeg and it will encode both audio and video. However, if it choose Avi rather than Mpeg only the video will be encoded.

Are you able to use File --> Output to File --> Avi and get both video and audio in the output avi file?

-- L. James

----------
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Minion  2002-06-25 22:04:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try useing "virtual dub" to make avi files, that is what it is designed for and it is faster than tmpgenc.......

wcpaul  2002-06-25 23:48:27 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Conversion of MPEG to AVI is one of TMPGEnc's neatest features and works much better now in 2.56. This is a crucial step when archiving raw video footage in 4:2:2 and extracting later with virtually no loss.

Serving from DVD2AVI into virtualDub and merging audio from a wav file never ends up with synced for me.

The audio problem is one of three things: forgetting to check the audio box on the save dialog, forgetting to set the audio interleave to 1, or most likely, using the m2v.vfp or DVD2AVI readers which do not seem to process audio.

In the last case, when you open the video file in the main window, the audio line goes blank.

Solution: Make sure directshow/VFW reader is higher in the environmental priority list than m2v or dvd2avi. It you don't have a good MPEG2 VFW decoder, pay $30 for Etymonics decoder. It flawlessly decodes 4:2:2 video that Ligos can not handle.

L. D. James  2002-06-26 13:19:38 ( ID:zbifpebajmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you, wcpaul. The interleave option was the culprit. I really preferred to use Tmpgenc over virtualdub. I hated to go out and pay for another package that I would still have to learn to configure. Since Tmpgenc does every thing very well (now that it outputs sound with AVI), I'll pay the registration for it.

Virtualdub is a great program also. One of the things that Tmpgenc has over Virtualdub in this regards is that you can save a lot of time in outputting the filename. When you use the output option it remembers the name of the file you're working with and uses this as the default. If you're creating a batch to do 10 or 15 files it's a big time saver not to have to continue to type in filenames for each one of them. Just specify an encoding director and conveniently have all the proper names of your files in this new directory.

Using the key stroke shortcut makes things even faster. Just drag and drop your video to tmpgenc then hit Cntl-Alt-A to add it to your batch.

I would like to thank everyone for your input.

-- L. James

----------
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
www.apollo3.com/~ljames

wcpaul  2002-06-26 19:12:36 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, going back to try this again I found another failure mode.

TMPGEnc AVI output is VERY sensative to how the Directshow filter graph gets built when using Directshow to input an MPEG file.

I installed a new ATI DVD player just two nights ago and after that, TMPGEnc failed to output audio with the AVI. I dropped the MPEG file into Graphedit and, sure enough, there was a weird filter in the audio path. The file played fine in Graphedit and WM Player.

After unregistering the ATI (Ravisent) filters, I got back the Etymonics audio filter and TMPG now outputs AVI with audio. Son-of-a-bitch!! I'm glad I checked this so soon after installing the DVD player otherwise I never would have suspected it.

As it turns out, my Ulead editor (should be called Uncompatible) can not read large openDML AVI files. So I am ending up using DVD2AVI and vfapi-conv to frameserve video into the editor and TMPGEnc just extract an audio WAV file.

After cutting off blank audio from the beginning of the WAV clip, the sound syncs up well. MPA audio file from DVD2AVI seems to be offset AND stretched.

The converted/synced clip is saved and read back in for editing. (The response time of editing huffyuv AVI on the Ulead timeline blows away direct MPEG editing.)

Question - TE25 - Problem with Cutting No.23919
S_O  2002-06-25 13:07:31 ( ID:mpr4lvx5kro )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I want to make an SVCD, after encoding I mux it and then I cut it, both with TMPGEnc. I noticed that TMPGEnc demuxes the file while cutting and then it muxes it again. Wouldn¡­t it be easier (and faster) if you could cut the unmuxt files (m2v, mp2) directly with muxt output? Is that possible? Also it would be great if in the cut dialog not only the time is shown, also the frame number and the type of the frame (I, P or B) and the number of GOP, because an movie has to start with an I-frame and end with and full GOP (I could be wrong). Another problem in cutting is that DirectShow is used to decode the video, the MPEG-2 Decoders/Splitters on my system are very slow and the crashes often, so TMPGEnc often crashes while searching for the right cutting point. Is it possible to use an other MPEG-2 Decoder (for example mpeg2dec.dll) as external tool for this function?

Minion  2002-06-25 21:43:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You would be better off to use a different editing program to cut your mpeg"s ,the mpeg tools are notorius for crashing if you even look at them wrong,I use "bbmpeg" cuz it cut as it multiplexes and it"s free...

Request - TE25 - Delayed shutdown No.23917
Joda  2002-06-25 11:57:42 ( ID:xasyupiq0/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would be usefull a delayed shutdown to let the cpu fan cools down the processor afer a long encoding session
Thanks

Hataian  2002-06-25 16:13:04 ( ID:ampx/sl4ryn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to http://www.geocities.com/moonredsoftware
and download the program Mr. Shutdown.

Request - TE25 - Delayed shutdown No.23914
Joda  2002-06-25 11:56:35 ( ID:xasyupiq0/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would be usefull a delayed shutdown to let the cpu fan cools down the processor afer a long encoding session
Thanks

Minion  2002-06-25 11:59:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you haven"t got your CPU overclocked too much then there shouldn"t be a problem with cpu heat,I have my FSB overclocked from a 100 to a 133 and it is on 24/7 and it is as cool as a cucumber.....

ASHY  2002-06-25 17:32:29 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What's the point? It's not going to get any hotter once the PC is switched off.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - TMPGENC hangs during encoding of VBR SVCD No.23909
Frank  2002-06-25 11:14:52 ( ID:edv1enw7xnn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I am working with a 1400er Athlon, WindowsXP pro, and plenty of harddisk space. When trying to encode SVCDs with VBR, TMPGENC hangs after 10% to 20% of the whole process. TMPGENC is just unresponsive and has to be killed via task manager then, the system itself seems to remain stable.

It's a fresh system, only Nimo codec pack installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Frank

Minion  2002-06-25 11:54:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don"t quote me on this but it sounds like there is some sort of error in your source file and tmpgenc is chokeing on it, or you are encodeing "WMV" files(wmv files do the same thing when I try to encode them).Try a different avi file and see if it keeps happening and if it does then try re-installing "tmpgenc" cuz sometimes there is and error in the program when it is downloaded....good luck

Frank  2002-06-25 14:36:25 ( ID:edv1enw7xnn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your reply first.

The files where i run into this error are MPEG2 VBRs from a digital satellite receiver. As this seems to happen with all files, I guess its not specific to one bad file.

I tried reinstalling TMPGENC, but this didn't help.

I have encoded some AVIs successfully, but these were encoded to CBR SVCDs. I'll try to figure out if its specific to those files recorded from the satellite receiver.

Thanks anyway,

Frank

Sterling  2002-06-25 18:55:46 ( ID:tuk7g9v3bjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've also been trying to make SVCD's from MPEG2 files saved with Hauppauge WinTV Nova DVB-T card, but TMPGENC just gives the 'can not open or unsupported file'-note.

What card are you using?

Minion  2002-06-25 22:57:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sterling,You are getting that error probably because you don"t have the "mpeg2 vfapi plugin" you need this installed to load mpeg2 files in tmpgenc, and you might need to de-multiplex the mpeg2 file and load the streams seperately, I would send it to you but you didn"t leave your e-mail, but you might be able to find it in the tools section at "www.vcdhelp.com"...

Question - TE25 - Index of scan line is out of range(272) No.23907
bjornart  Home )  2002-06-25 11:12:17 ( ID:2kxxz6ecqow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I´m trying to convert a divx file to vcd with tmpeg.
Everytime it gets to 28% done, I get an errormessage.

Index of scan line is out of range(272)

Whats this and how do I fix it?
Does anyone else have this problem?

Minion  2002-06-25 11:49:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t think you can fix it , the error is usually caused by some sort of error or corrupted sectors in your file .This is very common with movies downloaded off the net like at places like kazaa, what you can try to do is use the "cut editing"feature in the "source range" to skip out the part were it crashes and you get the error, so find out what frame that your error happens at and just use the "cut edit"feature to skip the frame or few frames before and after where the error is if you do it right you probably wont be able to tell were you skipped encodeing those few frames.....good luck

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.