Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 877 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TE25 Missing Posts :-S Anon 2 2002-05-16 00:03:05
Question TE25 Problem with source range djinn69 1 2002-05-15 21:31:13
Question TE25 No picture after Conversion toMPEG Willy 1 2002-05-15 15:18:18
Question TE25 Audio problem looking like dropped frames Jules Claes 3 2002-05-15 23:08:46
Question TE25 GOP structure for MPEG 2 PAL bill 2 2002-05-16 08:33:41
Question TE25 Need Help W/ asftools... jasmine 2 2002-05-15 23:40:52
Question TE25 Poor Quality VCD output from AVI file delbert 4 2002-05-16 14:06:51
Question TE25 Illegal floating decimal error cachurris 1 2002-05-15 05:54:23
Question TE25 Zoolander Problem Firulais 1 2002-05-15 05:52:59
Bug report TE25 MPEG-2 problem Jayman 2 2002-05-15 02:53:52
Free talk TE25 Post Settings for clearity/quality in DIVX 4 codec here. :o) NewtronX 1 2002-05-15 00:42:29
Question TE25 mov ---->MPEG in TMPGEnc Wijjo 2 2002-05-15 09:34:45

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 877 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TE25 - Missing Posts :-S No.21331
Anon  2002-05-15 15:53:27 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I posted two seperate questions here a few hours ago, and now the posts seem to have disappeared.......has anyone experienced anything similar?

ASHY  2002-05-15 16:03:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep, happens to me all the time and is flaming annoying.
Especially as some of them are quite long replies.

I don't know why it happens because my posts don't contain links to illegal softare or anything offensive, so if it's the moderator or whoever is supposed to run this BBS, I wish they would just leave it out.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-16 00:03:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One of them happens to be a reply to you it seems.
IF you double post the same thing these get automatically deleted.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Problem with source range No.21329
djinn69  2002-05-15 14:25:21 ( ID:jjuoli2e8m. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a problem with TMPGEnc v2.54a and was wondering if anyone had experienced the same or come up with a solution?

I have a large MPEG2 file that I am converting to a VCD (MPEG1). If I convert the whole file then everything is fine. The problem occurs if I choose a source range. If I set up a source range to run from the middle of the movie until the end then the resulting MPEG1 file appears to be frozen on the first frame with no sound for about 8 seconds. Then the sound and video carry on as usual. The video and sound is in sync and everything OK, except that I appear to lose 8 seconds of the movie at the beginning of this MPEG part!

If I convert the whole MPEG2 to MPEG1 and then use the split option within the MPEG Tools then this works OK (however of course it is an extra step that takes time and additional hard drive space).

Has anyone else encountered this problem with source ranges? Anyone have a solution?

Cheers,
DJ

Minion  2002-05-15 21:31:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

On the occations that I use "tmpgenc" for encodeing i use the source range feature..And the only problem I have ever had was once in a while I would get a sync problem but usualy it works great..Is the problem with that one file or every file cuz maybe it has to do with certain files..

Question - TE25 - No picture after Conversion toMPEG No.21327
Willy  2002-05-15 13:37:34 ( ID:uvd4ng23auc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded an AVI file which plays good on my PC. When I try to convert to mpeg so I can do a video CD. The MPEG file sound is fine but no picture. on the mpeg file. What am I doing wrong?

ASHY  2002-05-15 15:18:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's not possible to clip black borders out of a video stream using direct stream copy.

Direct stream copy means that the stream isn't physically changed in any way.
To crop the black bars out of a video stream you would be changing the stream physically and can only be accomplished by re-encoding.

Neither can Virtualdub accomplish this. It would have to be set at Full processing mode to do what you ask.

If what you are trying to say is you wish to convert the VOBs to MPEG2 directly without changing anything in the video stream then there are a few programs which can accomplish this.

Probably the best is VSTRIP.
VSTRIP can convert all the VOBs to a single MPEG2 file and extract the ac3 if you wish.

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/vstrip.html

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Audio problem looking like dropped frames No.21323
Jules Claes  2002-05-15 10:27:48 ( ID:itaatyqnjtw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the following problem: I ripped a DVD with three short videoclips using CLADDVD. Next I use DVD2AVI 1.86 to create the d2v file and the audiofile which in this instance is an mpa file with name NN delay -80ms.mpa
Next I encode using TMPGENC 2.54a to create the mpg file.To make TMPGENC recognise teh audiofile I choose allfiletypes and then the mpa file.
The result videowise is OK but the audio is shorter than the video and from the beginning you hear at the same short interval like a veryshort part of the audio is missing.What can be the reason?
Should I convert the mpa to a wav file?
I will try this tonight.

ASHY  2002-05-15 11:41:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should have ripped to a wav file not an mpa file.
DVD2AVI is one hell of a frameserver and is the best tool there is for the job, but it's audio capabilities aren't too good as far as sync goes.

Also I would use smartripper to rip your movies as this will automatically create the d2v file for you which means you only need to rip the audio.

The fastest and most reliable program I have found for this is VOB2AUDIO.
Rip the audio again with VOB2AUDIO as you will still probably have sync problems when you convert the mpa to a wav.

Once you have ripped the audio to a wav with VOB2AUDIO put that into TMPG on it's own and choose 'Audio only' as the stream type in TMPG then multiplex the resulting mp2 with your already encoded movie.

One other hint, there is a program called MPEGDJencoder which can convert wavs to mp2 audio about 5x faster than TMPG.

Links to above programs are below.
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/vob2audio.html
http://www.xaudio.de/pages/encoder.html

ASHY

Jules Claes  2002-05-15 21:26:04 ( ID:y0q5giiuipn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried smartripper but after starting the program searches the key a couple of times, then I get a msg Quit ripper?.When I push yes the program is ripping anyway, so it seems. As I did not trust this behaviour I tried CLADDVD XP which works without any msg.
Anyway your suggestion of ripping the audio with V2OB was worse.
So I used smartripper/CLADDVD and then used BESWEET to convert MPA to WAV.
After that I use as usual TMPGENC.
Now all seems to be OK.I got rid of the audio hitches.

ASHY  2002-05-15 23:08:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Strange how you got that message with smartripper. Smartripper is well known as the best ripper out there. It could be you either need to update your ASPI layer to Adaptecs ASPI 4.6 or you have installed the latest ASPI layer 4.7 from Adaptec which doesn't work with smartripper.
Ihave ripped 100's of DVD's with this program flawlessly.

Also I have never had a problem with VOB2AUDIO and is usually spot on as far as sync problems are concerned.

Anyway looks like you got it sorted, but it still leaves me confused as to how you corrected the problem by converting the original mpa to a wav as the wav should have turned out exactly the same as the mpa. Strange.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - GOP structure for MPEG 2 PAL No.21320
bill  2002-05-15 09:48:29 ( ID:ye1n/lryz4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi All

I am making MPEG-2 for DVD in PAL format.

My understanding is that for PAL I need a GOP size of 12 and so I use the structure: IBBPBBPBBPBB. For multi angle video I need to use a closed GOP but when I select this option the structure is modified to IBBPBBPBBP (the last two b frames removed) this is now not a valid GOP size I believe?

Can someone tell me what the correct GOP parameters are for creating MPEG 2 for DVD with closed GOPS.

I am currently trialing v2.54 on win2000

Many thanks

Bill

ASHY  2002-05-15 14:15:45 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Gop sizes for PAL can be anything up to 15 pictures per GOP or 18 for NTSC. 12 is just a typical GOP size for PAL as used in transmission.
You will notice however most PAL DVD's have a GOP structure of 15 pictures and most use the standard IBBPBBPBBPBBPBB.

To edit a GOP correctly it needs to cut at a sequence header for example the cut would have to made at the last (P) frame before the next (I) frame as (B) frames require information from then next (I) or (P) frames to be constructed wheras (P) frames only require information from the previous and present frames.

If the cut was made at a (B) frame then the full GOP wouldn't be constucted as the last (B) frame doesn't contain the required information it needed from the next (I)or (p) frame which has been cut away and would therefore cause an error when being decoded.
For example a closed GOP should look something like this IBBPBBPBBPBBP.

If it was IBBPBBPBBPBBPBB < and the cut was made here the last two (B) frames wouldn't be constructed properly because they need the information from the previous frames and the next (I) or (p) frame from the next GOP sequence which you have cut away which would have been > IBBPBBPBBPBBPBB.

Basically what I am saying is you can't cut at a (B) frame. You can cut only before the next (I) frame this is why your GOP is having the last (B) frames removed.

Don't worry your GOP will still be within the DVD specs, but my advice would be to use the standard GOP IBBPBBPBBPBBP for closed GOP editing and make sure all your multi angle clips have the same sequence.

ASHY

bill  2002-05-16 08:33:41 ( ID:/5nnsh5idv2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY

Many thanks for your illuminating reply.

I'll use 1/4/2 for the I/P/B settings in the GOP structure option. Sequence header every 1 GOP and the closed GOP option selected. This gives 13 frames in the GOP and ends in a P frame.

Best Regards

Bill

Question - TE25 - Need Help W/ asftools... No.21317
jasmine  2002-05-15 09:25:57 ( ID:ynm/nz9tz1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How come when I convert my asf files into avi the sound disappears? Can anyone help me??? Do I need some kind of codecs??? Help Plz...

Minion  2002-05-15 09:43:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This isn"t really the right forum for an "asf to avi" question but i will tell you how to get arround it,the sound probabbly is missing because the audio format is probabbly unsupported , what you have to do is extract the audio from your asf file, get "db power amp" it is a audio encoder that can extract audio from video files and much more ,but use this to extract the audio and convert it to wav format, and I suppose you are going to encode you asf/avi to mpeg? load your avi file in "tmpgenc" then load the extracted audio file in"tmpgenc" for the audio source..this should work....

ASHY  2002-05-15 23:40:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it absolutely necessary to convert your ASF files to AVI?
TMPG should open these files without converting, as ASF files are already really AVI's which just have the ASF wrapper which is Microsofts proprietry AVI format.

Your audio problem is may be due to an unusual audio format in the ASF, but ASF files usually have wma audio.

You can extract the audio with Virtualdub to a WAV and use that as your audio source instead.

Or if you are just converting from ASF to true AVI then just use Virtualdub and use the direct stream copy option for your Video and Audio to create an AVI without the ASF wrapper.

You must use this version for the above:
http://sun.sj.net.cn:8080/souxin/software/Soft/Files/Editing/VirtualDub14c-asf.zip

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Poor Quality VCD output from AVI file No.21312
delbert  2002-05-15 08:16:56 ( ID:294hlirfjqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am creating a full quality AVI file from my Panasonic DV camcorder using
studio Dv version 7. The quality of this when played on the computer is fine,
but as soon as I try to create an mpeg-1 file for creating a VCD the image
becomes very 'blocky' and the quality is no where as good as I would expect
from VCD. Can anyone suggest the settings I need in TMPGEnc to overcome these
problems. I currently just use the default settings for a VCD?

Minion  2002-05-15 08:58:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know what you mean by the quality you expect from vcd.Generally standard vcd is lower quality than vhs video tape and 1/5 to 1/10th the quality of dvd..but you are in luck because the quality is directly related to the bitrate, so you can do one of two things, do super-vcd or raise the bitrate of your vcd ,if you raise the bitrate of your vcd to about 1650kbs you will get about 60 minutes of video per cd, with much better quality than the standard template..and with super-vcd you will get about 40 minutes on a cd useing the standard svcd template...but beware cuz not all players will play non standard vcd"s but most will.......

ps:To raise the bitrate you will need to load the "unlock.mfc" template...

delbert  2002-05-15 10:26:19 ( ID:294hlirfjqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, for the reply, I will try increasing the bit-rate to improve the quality. Is the 'unlock.mfc' available as part of the standard package or
something I will need to download it?

Ideally, I would like to create SVCD's to get better quality but I don't believe my DVD player LG-3350E doesn't support them (only VCD's). Any recommendations on a decent DVD player that will play SVCD's?

laserfan  2002-05-15 18:09:01 ( ID:lcvorlzbcvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just recently made two VCDs myself from an .avi source, though the ORIGINAL source material was Video8 (VHS quality) played through a Digital8 camcorder w/DV output. The first VCD I made using Pinnacle Express, and it was blurry such that it is difficult to watch. Since I had just discovered TMPGEnc, I decided to give IT a try, to compare the result, and the VCD I made using TMPGEnc (standard settings using the wizard) were radically better than PE, and very "watchable" though they still of course look like the home movies that they are.So "TMPGEnc is better than PE for making VCDs".

The other observation I made in this test was that my Sony DVD player did a much better job of decoding the VCD than did my other player, a Panasonic PalmTheater. The VCD was quite blocky on the Pana, despite that it has a tiny screen (LCD, what, 4 inches?) and the Sony was playing into a 41" rear projection set. The Pana PalmTheater must therefore have a weak MPEG1 decoder? Or the conversion to the LCD has problems?

TMPGEnc does a nice job w/VCDs so you should either use the Wizard, or look elsewhere in your system for the source of your blockiness.

Marcel  2002-05-16 14:06:51 ( ID:ky1em0spjdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem when I started some time ago. I have a DVD player (Philips DV710) who can play CD/CDRW/VCD's. After using TMPGEncoder I now create XVCD's, this means higher bitrate and/or aspect ratio.
You have to set the output option to MPEG1-VCD(non standard) and convert with highest quality (obvious), CBR. Burn with Nero or Ulead software. This should work (even with background music and menues).
You can even raise the bitrate up to 2520 kbps.
Quality should improve a lot.
The unlock.mfc can be loaded by clicking the tab "load" (right corner below).

About SVCD's :
my player couldn't play SVCD's (according to Philips spec). After remote hack now even plays XSVCD's.
Check VCDHelp.com under tab Others/DVD players/Compatibility-list for players and locate your own player to check out what is possible.

Marcel

Question - TE25 - Illegal floating decimal error No.21310
cachurris  2002-05-15 04:05:03 ( ID:im9b4wy3gar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get this error "Illegal floating decimal point calculation order". What can I do.

Minion  2002-05-15 05:54:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

look at the post below, but if you want to do it right get a dvd-rom and rip away......

Question - TE25 - Zoolander Problem No.21308
Firulais  2002-05-15 03:48:00 ( ID:im9b4wy3gar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I was converting Zoolander from avi (divx) to supervideo cd, an error message appears saying "Illegal floating decimal point calculation order". Now, what can I do?

Minion  2002-05-15 05:52:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bet you downloaded the avi file of the net like "kaaza" or "grokster" or something like that...Downloaded avi files are notorius for being full of corrupted frames,and that is what your problem is,you file has corrupted sectors in it,and the only way to get around this error is to turn off your "cpu" optimizations.. to do this you first go to"enviromental settings" then to the "cpu" tab and uncheck the "SSE" box, then you go to "settings" then to "quantize matrix" and un-check the "use floating point DCT" this should solve your problem,accept you can get this error if you do anything with your computer while encodeing, so if you are encodeing don"t do anything with your computer till the encodeing is finished......

Bug report - TE25 - MPEG-2 problem No.21305
Jayman  2002-05-15 01:39:32 ( ID:v2bpez9nbuk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever i load an mpeg-2(SVCD) file in TMPGEnc the program crashes and askes me if i want to tell microsoft about it. Before i was able to load the same files and it would work fine. Can you help me fix that please?

ffast  2002-05-15 02:03:20 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The information you provided is not enough.

What kind of file are you trying to encode? How did you make it? Where did you get it? I do not think this is bug.

Minion  2002-05-15 02:53:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you useing "win xp" lots of poeple complain about compatability issues with "tmpgenc" and XP....but don"t know how to fix it....sory

Free talk - TE25 - Post Settings for clearity/quality in DIVX 4 codec here. :o) No.21303
NewtronX  2002-05-15 00:19:16 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Post your opinion of the best Settings for clearity/quality in DIVX 4 codec here or the bitrate you consider the most used by you for such endeavour. Thanks Tmpgenc Rules!!~NewtronX

Minion  2002-05-15 00:42:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The higher the bitrate the better I use divx4.12, 2 pass or 1 pass quality based 6000kbs 100% encodeing quality(can only be set with quality based)100% cpu useage ,de-interlace if applicable,max decodeing perameters, and It comes out allmost exactly like the original,and there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to quality.......

Question - TE25 - mov ---->MPEG in TMPGEnc No.21300
Wijjo  2002-05-14 20:28:23 ( ID:plebgqc9bg. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I transform a MOV fike to a MPEG in TMPGEnc.
Or is this not possible

Minion  2002-05-14 21:27:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you can encode "mov" movies but you need the "mov" plugin, I"m not sure were to get it cuz I don"t do "mov" films but i"m sure someone will post were you can get it.....

bill  2002-05-15 09:34:45 ( ID:ye1n/lryz4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem - you can download the .mov quicktime reader from the following wesite.

www.vcdhelp.com

I think the file you need is QTReader.vfp

hth

Bill

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.