Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 888 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Please help me!! Rita 1 2002-05-09 05:47:24
Question TE25 AVI Audio out of sync with videw John 4 2002-05-10 21:08:38
Question TE25 TMPGEnc for Plug-in Premiere 6.0 ? prasit 1 2002-05-10 17:36:34
Question TE25 how to convert 23.976 to 29.97? please help =( tonyrayo 3 2002-05-09 13:08:14
Question TE25 another problem with my tmpgenc Albert 1 2002-05-09 01:25:25
Bug report TE25 opening file error netpagz 4 2002-05-09 18:55:31
Question TE25 1 MORE LITTLE PROB, PLZ HELP!! btw thx for audio help, it worked!! Scorpion 2 2002-05-10 15:10:39
Question TE25 AMD SDI 2 2002-05-12 16:15:18
Request TE25 It will be nice to have a minimize to tray option Aviran 1 2002-05-09 04:20:34
Question TE25 audio sync problem on dvd-r burn kflan 1 2002-05-09 01:35:11
Bug report TE25 TMPGenc and DVDit! GLUCIC 2 2002-05-09 16:42:41
Question TE25 virtualdub to tmpge file.vdr win98sec stef 0 2002-05-08 10:07:48

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 888 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Please help me!! No.20917
Rita  2002-05-09 05:06:55 ( ID:n9ypvj19eej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay - this what I want to do - I downloaded a movie from Kazaa website and I can watch it on my computer through windows media player - what I wanted to do was put it on a cd and watch it on my dvd player that is attached to my TV. The instructions say to:

by the way I have a brand new Dell Computer - 1.9 ghz - 512 ram - cdrw drive - awesome fast computer so I know my computer is capable of doing this. I can program in Cobol mostly so this is brand new to me and this has nothing to do with programming cobol code!!!! So - I would like to just see if I can do this so below is the web page that has the instructions I am going by. So please look this over and let me know if this is not what I need to do and/or if there is something else I can do that would be a lot easier for me! I just want to get this to work!! Thanks so much and sorry the first post was so vague - I should know better than that!

http://www.vcdhelp.com/divxtovcd.htm

Minion  2002-05-09 05:47:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That guide will work fine till you find your own system that works the best for you,good luck....

Question - TE25 - AVI Audio out of sync with videw No.20912
John  2002-05-09 05:05:25 ( ID:umxici6kwkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use a TV card which records AVI. The problem is that the audio setting is only PCM, 44100, 16 Bit stero at 172Kbs. When I use TMPGEnc to convert a program to MPG, it works okay except in MPG playback the audio portion lags behing the video.

I can seem to set TMPGEnc to the above (PCM) audio settings I am stuck with.
How do I make TMPGEnc convert the audio and picture in sync ?

Any help (PLEASE) ?

Thanks

Minion  2002-05-09 05:30:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What type of de-sync do you get? is it in sync at the begining it slowly goes out of sync over the course of the movie, Is it out of sync right off the start and stays the same de-sync through the clip or is it out of sync at the start and gets worse as the movie goes on or does it go in and out of sync at certain parts ,like high motion parts,or is it in sync on your computer but not on your dvd player?there are many different reasons that de-sync can happen and with captured movies it more often that not comes from the avi file ,so can you give us more info about your file and the type of de sync and we will try to help...

John  2002-05-09 21:03:51 ( ID:umxici6kwkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your help,

It is in sync in the beginning and continues to get worse with time.

Thanks, any help is much appreciated.

Minion  2002-05-09 21:27:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is what i thought, it"s allways that way with captures,what is happening when you captured you dropped a certain amount of frames and that will make your audio track longer than your video track, to correct this is pretty tricky but possible. get a good audio editing program like "cool edit" and you can slightly speed up the audio track to it gets in sync with your video,the best way is to find out exactly how long your video is then how long your audio is then calculate the percentage of how much longer the audio is than the video then speed up the audio that percentage...I think you should be able to figure it out,if you need to find out were to get "cool edit" you can e-mail me and i might be able to hook you up with it......

ASHY  2002-05-10 21:08:38 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Let me ask one important question.

Is the audio in sync with the original captured AVI?
If it is it may be TMPG's demuxer which is causing the problem.

Try this.

Open your captured AVI in Virtualdub.
Save the audio as a wav file.
Now save the Video only using 'direct stream copy' making sure you choose no audio.

Close Virtualdub and reopen it and open the AVI you have just created without the sound.
Now open the wav file by clicking 'Audio' and choosing 'wav audio'

Click the first play button to check your audio is in sync with the movie.
If it is then load both parts into TMPG and encode a small test file to see if it's ok.
If so go ahead and encode the whole thing.

If it isn't in sync post back and tell me whether the audio is behind or ahead of the video also play the separate AVI and audio in mediaplayer and note the lengths and post them here.

I don't know if this option even exists in your software,but make sure you have interleaving checked in your capture software this should avoid any sync probs with dropped frames when capturing.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc for Plug-in Premiere 6.0 ? No.20910
prasit  2002-05-09 02:38:00 ( ID:pcnawnntslk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can we use TMPGEnc for Plug-in ADOBE Premiere 6.0 ?

Daz_Genetic  2002-05-10 17:36:34 ( ID:crqpk5tbx4l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to www.videotools.net and get the frameserver plugin for Premiere. This will let you output your premiere video stream straight into TMPGEnc

Question - TE25 - how to convert 23.976 to 29.97? please help =( No.20906
tonyrayo  Home )  2002-05-09 00:17:07 ( ID:vpj5alynpmw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i just spent a few days finding the perfect VBR settings for about 12 anime episodes (which i have already encoded btw). however the svcd author program i'm using only allows 29.97 fps, is there a way to convert this movie without re-encoding the videos all over again? (i tried using that program "pulldown", but it just didn't work...) - ANY HELP WILL ROCK!! =p

Minion  2002-05-09 01:27:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The easyest way is to get a different authouring program,go to "www.downloads.com" and download "nero burning rom" this will burn your svcd at the frame rate you have........

ASHY  2002-05-09 13:07:08 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First, which crap program are you using which doesn't allow burning anything other than 29.976 fps(I find this unusual to say the least).
Download NERO.

Secondly you should have converted the framerate to 29.976 using the 3:2 pulldown in TMPG. This would have converted your movies perfectly with whichever settings you choose.
To use 3:2 pulldown in TMPG you need to encode to MPEG2.
Under the 'Video' tab click 'Encode mode' and change it to '3:2 pulldown when playback'
Then change the 'Framerate' setting to 29.976 fps(internally 23.97fps)

Then encode.

Another method which may allow you to load the Movies you have converted in your current software is to download this tool.
http://www.dvd-digest.net/downloads/files/encode/frame_convert.zip

It will allow you to convert the framerate of an MPEG from 23.976 to 29.976 and viceaversa in only a few seconds.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-09 13:08:14 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way the URL for Nero is http://www.nero.com

ASHY

Question - TE25 - another problem with my tmpgenc No.20904
Albert  2002-05-09 00:02:07 ( ID:vu6do2ezpbw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, my question is becouse I have a problem with a film that I've encoded with tmpgenc; I forgot to divide the film and now it is so longer to copy in a CD, so I wanted to ask if there's any program o way to divide a film in two or three parts, I've Nero 5,5 but it doesn't do what I want to achive!

Please, if someone know what I can do, please, help me!

PD: this question includes all cain of archives (*.avi, *.mpg, *.mpeg,...)

Minion  2002-05-09 01:25:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should look through the site first to get your question answered cuz this question has been answered many times...First go to "file" to "mpeg tools" then to "merge&cut" and there you can divide your file,it is one of the major features of "tmpgenc"....

Bug report - TE25 - opening file error No.20899
netpagz  Home )  2002-05-08 21:55:39 ( ID:nwotgkb8vdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to open an uncompressed AVI file that I made with Premiere 6.01, and it gives me the error

File "xxxxx" can not open, or unsupported.

I am able to open other uncompressed AVI files with the program, and the above file opens fine with any other program but this. Any ideas?

frankster  2002-05-09 01:18:08 ( ID:bttbqb4nt82 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you edit the clip in Premiere?

Minion  2002-05-09 02:56:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

did you get your avi through dv capture? or useing a dv codec?"Tmpgenc" is only compatable with certain types of dv.I think it only supports "open DML" and "video for windows" .I don"t do capture so I"m not keen on on the settings for it, but maybe someone elce knows,or maybe it isn"t a capture.....

netpagz  Home )  2002-05-09 03:13:41 ( ID:yyny1q1itow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I edited the file in Premiere and exported the timeline as an uncompressed movie. The compressor was listed as "Microsoft DV AVI (NTSC)". What is funnier is that if I open that exported movie in Adobe After Effects and save it with the same settings (uncompressed AVI), I can open it with tmpgenc. Any ideas?

2sheds  2002-05-09 18:55:31 ( ID:8se7hcsp9ak )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when you export the timeline there is another avi option - something like MS AVI (note that it does NOT say "DV" in the title.

this is the format you need to use.

Question - TE25 - 1 MORE LITTLE PROB, PLZ HELP!! btw thx for audio help, it worked!! No.20896
Scorpion  2002-05-08 19:32:30 ( ID:e/mhum9icc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

k guys,

When I watched my movie yesterday, the sound (48 khz) was great. I only had 2 little probs:

1) I used pal 4:3 625 lines >> The screen on TV was to heigh. How do i fix this??

2) after each =/- 5 sec. the film delayed a little. I used 25 bit/s. is that enough? how do I fix this one??

Thx it advance, greets scorp

Scorpion  2002-05-08 19:35:00 ( ID:e/mhum9icc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I meant 25 fps instead of bit/s

ASHY  2002-05-10 15:10:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You must have changed the output framerate from the original framerate.

Also if your movie is widescreen you need to chose 16:9 and 'full screen(keep aspect ratio' as your source setting.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - AMD No.20893
SDI  2002-05-08 18:24:21 ( ID:0onycomlewl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PROCESSADORES AMD NO EXECUTABLE?

ASHY  2002-05-10 15:12:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I dont know. I haven't ridden a bike in ages.

ASHY

Riot  Home )  2002-05-12 16:15:18 ( ID:ggv3y/j8zfm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you question is "does can TMPEnc run on a computer with an AMD Processor?", the question is yes. As long as it's fast enough.

Request - TE25 - It will be nice to have a minimize to tray option No.20891
Aviran  2002-05-08 14:46:46 ( ID:hiwgtdrinvl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It will be nice to have a minimize to tray option

nasmun  2002-05-09 04:20:34 ( ID:.nf76vpshlk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I Totally agree with you 100%, it would be really nice to have a minimize to tray option

Question - TE25 - audio sync problem on dvd-r burn No.20889
kflan  2002-05-08 13:59:28 ( ID:2fspdeukkjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am having problem with audio gradually going out of sync with video on a dvd-r backup. Everything goes great, ripping dvd to hd, run dvd2avi, then tmpgenc plus for dvd ntsc template 4000 cbr, and authoring/burning with ulead movie factory. the audio looks to be in sync at beginning of dvd-r playback on standalone dvd player but goes out of sync as the movie progresses. looks like audio gets behind about two seconds with the video. Can anyone help me with this?

Minion  2002-05-09 01:35:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds like you might have made your mpeg file with a different frame rate than the avi,but if that isn"t the case then see if your audio track is longer than your video,if it is you can use a audio editing program like "cool edit" to speed up the sound track so that it matches up with the video track ,and if your video is longer you can slow down the sound track to get it to sync up with the video, it is a tricky procedure but I have done it before.......

Bug report - TE25 - TMPGenc and DVDit! No.20886
GLUCIC  2002-05-08 13:59:25 ( ID:ofcbnc0f2s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
This is my second posting.

I have Sony P4 1.7 Ghz, 512Mb RAM, XP HE, etc.

Recently, I can not import the mpeg2 done by TMPGenc into DVDit! SE v. 2.52 Ligos. I get error message "Could not find a suitable decoder".
I have the same TMPGenc settings for the past 3-4 releases (PAL, 60min, VBR, encode mode - Interlaced, DC component 10, motion prec. - Highest quality, etc.) I never ever touched GOPs.

Initially, I thougth that encoding bit rate is to high, decreased to the 6000b/sec but still got the same problem. I tried all here proposed solutions but none of them worked. I went to Sonic DVDit! forum, tried all proposed solution there - nothing worked.

Then I talked to DVDit! helpdesk - got private number from one of the guys. They tried something remotely but it did not worked.
Then, they asked me for the sample mpeg2 - not bigger then 4Mb. Amazingly, what ever file I create by TMPGenc up to the 4Mb (approx. 7 sec of movie) DVDit! process it without any problems. Even if I cut "bad" mpeg2 file to get small file - everything works fine.

But I do not want that crazy to cut all my movies in the portions of 5-7 sec.
Then I tried to upload TMPGenc mpeg2 files done 2 months ago (with the same settings) into DVDit! - no problem.

I propsed sending bigger "bad" mpeg2 file to Sonic via FTP so that they can see what's going on - but nobody answered so far.

The only thing that come son my mind is that Microsoft made recently XP "fix" for mpeg encoding - I upgrade my system and ever since then I fail with DVDit!

The worst is tha Sonic charges per incident US$29.95 but they should provide fix. I have no problems paying that amount - ALL I NEED IS fix. I do NOT want to get rid of TMPG cause I think it is great tool - better to scrap DVDit.

Does anyone has idea what should I do.

Thanks

Minion  2002-05-08 22:59:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have "dvdit pe 2.5" and I have problems getting about half of my mpeg files in to "dvdit" so I switched to "ulead dvd movie workshop" and it seems to accept any mpeg I throw at it,and it has most of the same features,give it a try if you can"t find another solution,you can e-mail me and I might be able to hook you up with a copy.....

GLUCIC  2002-05-09 16:42:41 ( ID:ofcbnc0f2s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I manage to get the "correct" TMPG settings from SONIC DVDit! team. I do not know what is really difference but I solve the issue. SONIC promised to see what was wrong with those TMPGenc settings by examining the "bad" file I sent. As soon as I know something I let you know.

SONIC also could no process my file created with my "ld" standard TMPG settings.

Anyway, if somebody need those SONIC TMPGenc DVD mpeg2 settings let me know and I can mail it or ftp-it.

GL

Question - TE25 - virtualdub to tmpge file.vdr win98sec No.20885
stef  2002-05-08 10:07:48 ( ID:lilcnhjltvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi

when i run virtualdub of nandub
for a movie from avi to vcd with tmpge

then when i make with nandub the file plop.vdr
is ok but then i must open the file in tmpge

then say can not open it or incorrupted

only under in98sec not under win 2000

what must do for under win 98 se

please

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.