Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 890 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Write error problem Drareg 0 2002-05-08 03:08:26
Question TE25 After Installing mpeg2 codec tmpgenc crashes everytime Chase 4 2002-05-08 03:30:52
Question TE25 SVCD to VCD CaptainBed 6 2002-05-09 16:44:30
Question TE25 Can't load Drareg 5 2002-05-08 07:19:19
Question TE25 DvD Burning Terry hanfrey 3 2002-05-08 00:43:27
Question TE25 I can't get this to work - PLEASE HELP - NEWBIE!! Rita 3 2002-05-08 17:10:35
Question TE25 "Lock-up" when almost done JesterMania 3 2002-05-08 12:08:30
Question TE25 Slight screen jolt after encoding skinner 2 2002-05-08 04:39:14
Free talk TE25 Solution for converting some .avi files to .mpg Robert 1 2002-05-08 00:51:31
Question TE25 log error: video could not be loaded Meh 2 2002-05-12 11:33:14
Question TE25 Help with avi 23.976fps, covert to avi 25fps? orthadox 3 2002-05-09 19:54:42
Question TE25 Audio stream channel mode?? Scorpion 4 2002-05-09 18:48:57

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 890 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Write error problem No.20840
Drareg  2002-05-08 03:08:26 ( ID:il3vjyqwtsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I must be really stupid here!!!

At 22% conversion the following occures

Write error occured at address 00402c28 of module `TMPEGnc.exe`with 00218000

and it stops :(

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance

Drareg

Question - TE25 - After Installing mpeg2 codec tmpgenc crashes everytime No.20835
Chase  2002-05-08 02:17:59 ( ID:ysoq9ojlmmo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just reformatted my computer to see if the problem was another piece of software. Upon the clean install I load up TMPGEnc v2.54.36 and encode a simple .mpg to MPEG-1 to test it out. No problem. So I move on to load my SVCD Mpeg2 into tmpgenc which says is unsupported. So I install Stinky's mpeg2 codec which returns an Install Successful message. Re-load tmpgenc, try to load mpeg2, still unsupported. I de-multiplex it which works, then try to encode... then crash (program performs illegal operation) Reboot, open tmpgenc and try to load simple .mpg file... before it even gets to encoding it crashes... (illegal operation)

Now every .mpg file I open crashes before encoding even starts?!! Better yet, every version does it also. I really don't want to have to reformat but looks like I'm going to have to again. I even uninstalled Stinky's mpeg2 decoder (which didn't let me play mpeg2 in wmp8 anyways), still no dice.

AMD Athlon 1.4 Ghz
512 DDR RAM
WindowsXP Professional With All Windows Updates
nVidia GeForce3
Hercules Game TheatreXP

Please, any help would be much appreciated.

Gant  2002-05-08 02:30:32 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I really dunno what the problem is but i would actually say its the mpeg2 and windows incompatibility.

One piece of advice... when doing video encoding all MS upgrades only damage your sistem... they dont actually help in any way... so make a clean install of XP and make NO UPGRADES... i really mean NONE.

One better idea would be to install only win2000 since it works a lot better that XP when it comes to encoding... and still NO UPDATES.

Try downloading a more recent version of the mpeg2 codec... it might solve your problem...

Matta ne.

Gant

ffast  2002-05-08 02:36:27 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where did you get the Stinky's mpeg2 decoder?
How much was it?

Gant  2002-05-08 02:39:05 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One more thing i forgot... u can even surpass the problem of loading the mpeg2 stream into tmpgenc... mux the mpeg2 as u done before... making it without the svcd extra crap added to the header.
Then open mpeg2avi or dvd2avi and with the vfapi codec installed make a project. load that project in avisynth and with the mpeg2dec.dll you will be able to open it in any program even though you dont have mpeg2 codec installed.

Hope this helps.

Matta ne.

Gant

Chase  2002-05-08 03:30:52 ( ID:ysoq9ojlmmo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Great thanks, but I decided to slowly go back and "undo" everything one step at a time since I didn't perform many steps to see if it were something else. When I uninstalled the drivers to my Game Theater XP everything magically worked. I could open everything just fine!! It wasn't the codec because after I uninstalled it I couldn't open the .m2v that I demuxed, but when I installed it I opened the .m2v no problemo.

I decided to make sure that was the problem so I reinstalled the Game TheaterXP drivers, rebooted and loaded tmpgenc, here is the interesting part: My project was still there so I hit start encoding, which worked fine. Then I hit new project and opened the same old simple .mpg and it illegal operationed on me. So the problem with the drivers is the initial load, no necesarrily the encoding process.

I've now installed 2 different versions of the driver, same problem. I'm wondering if anybody has a Hercules Game TheaterXP 5.1 and tmpgenc working together?

Question - TE25 - SVCD to VCD No.20828
CaptainBed  2002-05-07 19:44:17 ( ID:aurnahzymkr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't convert a SVCD to VCD I get only this information when I want to load a file.
File filename.mpg can not open, or unsupported.
Can you help me?

u too slow  2002-05-07 22:30:07 ( ID:rtzhprsj6ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

need to frameserve that mpeg-2 buddy

use dvd2avi

Minion  2002-05-07 23:32:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if you de-multiplex it you can load mpeg2 files in........

Gant  2002-05-08 00:40:06 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hummm... first install the mpeg2 codec on your system... then do as "Minion" said and de-multiplex and then mux again (this way you have u'r mpeg2 file with audio and without the extra crap from svcd stream), then open it in TMPGEnc... since u installed the mpeg2 codec it should load OK.

The frameserve also works fine.. dvd2avi or mpeg2avi :) plus avisynth :)

Matta ne.

Gant

Minion  2002-05-08 01:07:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don"t actually have to multiplex it back together just load the "m2v" in as video and "mp2" in as audio,I think the de-multiplexing removes the headers.....

Gant  2002-05-08 01:24:40 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes it does... he he he.. another 1 pass way.. would be to multiplex it... but instead of loading m2v/mpv and m2p jus tload the mpg and it will show you both streams and mux it :)

I only avised it for the newbies that might not know how to load separate streams ;)

Matta ne.

Gant

ASHY  2002-05-09 16:44:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Neither of the methods makes sense.
First off, if the original stream is SVCD there is no need to load both of the demultiplexed A/V streams into TMPG.
It is only necessary to load the m2v file and encode that and then multiplex the resulting file back with the original Mp2 audio stream.
Theres no point in loading the audio stream to re-encode it to the same thing.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Can't load No.20822
Drareg  2002-05-07 19:30:14 ( ID:il3vjyqwtsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when I press start to begin conversion from avi to mpeg a message comes up that says can't load ``P3Package.dll``

can anyone help me

Please

u too slow  2002-05-07 22:30:50 ( ID:rtzhprsj6ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

make sure the p3package.dll is in the tmpg directory
if it is,get a new version because yours is corrupt

Minion  2002-05-07 23:34:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you do is look in your "tmpgenc" folder and look for the "p3p package" and copy it to your system and system32 directory this should get the .dll file loaded.....

Drareg  2002-05-08 03:05:47 ( ID:il3vjyqwtsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only way I managed to do it is through the CPU in checking everything off.

Where do I copy it in the system32 folder? I must be pretty stupid

Thanks for the advise

Drareg

Minion  2002-05-08 06:15:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just click on the system and system32 folder and drop it in.no particulat file just in the directory somewere,but I think the system32 is the important one,I just couldn"t remember if it was the system or ssytem32 folder but I think it was the system32 folder...write back a tell me if it worked,it worked for me but It might have been a fluke....

Drareg  2002-05-08 07:19:19 ( ID:il3vjyqwtsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried everything. Copied in System and system32. Nothing worked. Out of luck, I looked at the file name and it was ``P3Packag.dll``... For some reason it was missing the e at the end... I did a rename and put the e at the end of P3Package.dll and now everything seems to be working. Strange but true

Drareg

Ps Thanks allot for your help, will probably be calling on you again for something else...This guy is not too quick with this new program...I feel pretty stupid :)

Question - TE25 - DvD Burning No.20818
Terry hanfrey  2002-05-07 17:49:56 ( ID://c7xxqe.e. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Help i am downloading films no prob, Converting to Mpeg no prob, BUT when i burn to a 4.7 Dvd Gb disc i keep on getting an error messadge. It goes through all the files with no prob but when it starts burning it burns for about 30 sec,s then stops and a error message come up. Please help Thanks.

u too slow  2002-05-07 22:31:47 ( ID:rtzhprsj6ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you shoudlnt be downloading illegal files and admitting it in a forum that whos yoru ip address

stupid

Minion  2002-05-07 23:43:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean "downloading illegal files" he didn"t download illegal files, there is not law against downloading film clips from the internet,if it were illegal there wouldnt be tens of millions of poeple downloading clips every second of every day,the only thing slightly illegal is copying dvd"s that you don"t own, he could be downloading public domain films or many other types of films that are perfectly legal.and "ip addresses can be changed I have a program that re-routes other ip addresses so yours doesn"t come up....

Gant  2002-05-08 00:43:27 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

-oro-

ilegal... stupid... -ara- not good words ;)

Well well... to Terry-san... tell me what the error was... it might have nothing to do with the files... might be u'r burner or even you're media...

Gimme the error.

Matta ne.

Gant

Question - TE25 - I can't get this to work - PLEASE HELP - NEWBIE!! No.20814
Rita  2002-05-07 17:25:58 ( ID:n9ypvj19eej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can I ask you a dumb question? I only have a CDRW drive so will this work??? I can't get it to even open the file in Virtual Dub then tmpgenc will not open the AVI file after I have saved it to a WAV. I have no clue what I am doing but have always been "good" with computers. I am a programmer and have found very few things that I can't do but this seems to be something that stops at every step with some kind of error!!

Any advice would be much appreciated - is it even worth it to do this? I am thinking it would be much easier to just spend the money and by the DVD!

Thanks,
Rita

u too slow  2002-05-07 22:33:21 ( ID:rtzhprsj6ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

wow ~!

your way lost

be more specific

are you trying to take a .avi directly from a cd in your cdrw ?
jeez for a programmer you sure are hella confused

Gant  2002-05-08 00:36:39 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

he he he... i also think u'r a little confused here...

As "u too slow" said.. be a little bit more specific.

What kind of files are u trying to open and in what program...

since u talked about dvds... are u trying to "Rip" a dvd?

OK... if so here's a little tut/advice:

First of all the vobs cant and should not be openned in virtualdub not tmpegenc... so give up on that.
Second, u should frameserv those vobs first... dvd2avi and avisynth... my personal advice.
Third... what the hell do u mean u tryed to save the avi into a wav? Wowowowowowow... u'r really confused here m8.

Well anyway... fell free to reply and be a bit more specific :)

One more thing... this site is great and u can learn a lot here... and tmpgenc is the reference mpeg encoder for me (CCE sucks big time :p ) but if u want to learn more there are these 3 reference sites i can give u:

www.digital-digest.com
www.doom9.org
www.vcdhelp.com

More than this i cant do with the info u gave me... feel free to mail me with any questions: gant_anime@net.sapo.pt

Matta ne.

Gant

Rita  2002-05-08 17:10:35 ( ID:n9ypvj19eej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay - this what I want to do - I downloaded a movie from Kazaa website and I can watch it on my computer through windows media player - what I wanted to do was put it on a cd and watch it on my dvd player that is attached to my TV. The instructions say to:

by the way I have a brand new Dell Computer - 1.9 ghz - 512 ram - cdrw drive - awesome fast computer so I know my computer is capable of doing this. I can program in Cobol mostly so this is brand new to me and this has nothing to do with programming cobol code!!!! So - I would like to just see if I can do this so below is the web page that has the instructions I am going by. So please look this over and let me know if this is not what I need to do and/or if there is something else I can do that would be a lot easier for me! I just want to get this to work!! Thanks so much and sorry the first post was so vague - I should know better than that!

http://www.vcdhelp.com/divxtovcd.htm

Question - TE25 - "Lock-up" when almost done No.20810
JesterMania  Home )  2002-05-07 16:00:56 ( ID:z.l5ytudckw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recently used VCDGear to rip the MPEG files out of a VCD. I then proceeded to use TMPGEnc to encode the MPEGs into DivX AVI (DivX 5.0.1, MP3 192kb/s) and TMPGEnc encodes the files until there is 1 second left (27700/27702) and then it just seems to freeze. I can minimize the program, do other tasks in Windows etc, and it still seems to be writing more data into the AVI file according to Windows Explorer. However, it just stays there for an overly long period of time. I am also getting this same error when trying to encode MPEG to DivX with other files as well. Any suggestions on what maybe causing the problem?

u too slow  2002-05-07 22:29:04 ( ID:rtzhprsj6ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

slow cpu

it just happens man

Gant  2002-05-08 00:48:16 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

your divx 5 is a lega lversion right?

It might be some sort of crap divx 5 does... since its spieware... i believe anything... :\n
I dont reallything it has anything to do with the slow cpu... but i really cant tell... try virtualdub... and use any sort or monitor porogram to se whats happening on your computer... tne se if there is anything unusual hapening and analize whats going on... it might be a serious problem... but with this info i really cant say...

Sorry for not being much of a helper here :(

Matta ne.

Gant

JesterMania  Home )  2002-05-08 12:08:30 ( ID:zxcimkhxm9c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the replies everyone! Actually, it just locked up for about 10 minutes and finally finished the file, so I suppose I just had to wait a while. Everything is working now. ^_^

Question - TE25 - Slight screen jolt after encoding No.20807
skinner  2002-05-07 15:53:36 ( ID:hx7qu.clmeh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

After converting avi to mpeg I get a very slight screen jolt every 3/4 secs on the output file. Is this normal or is there a setting i need to change ?

Gant  2002-05-08 01:26:21 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i would actually like to help u... but my native language is not english and although i can read, write and talk... some more tecnicla expressions i cant really understand them,... what does jolt mean?

Matta ne,

Gant

Minion  2002-05-08 04:39:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it is what I think you are talking about just a slight shakeing in the video mostly noticeable when there are words on the screen? yes this i think is normal it is actualy allways there but you don"t notice it when the movie is in 720 by 480 resolution but when you convert it to 352 by 240 or even 480 by 480 you can see it more....try the no flicker feature on your dvd player.....

Free talk - TE25 - Solution for converting some .avi files to .mpg No.20805
Robert  2002-05-07 14:06:49 ( ID:9tjvibsr/uo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nice trick i learned that may be of help to some newbies and experienced users alike I recently was converting some .avi's and noticed that the audio did not encode even though it was supposed to. I found a great program in the AVI2VCD pack called decompress.exe if you run your divx .avi through it the audio will be decompressed and then run it through TMPGenc the audio track will encode properly

Gant  2002-05-08 00:51:31 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

he he he.. its nice fo u to share the info m8... but this is really old... try playing arround with ogg sound or even aac sound or even wma audio streams... that wont work. :)

What u are basically doing can also be done with winamp... yes winamp... its only converting the audio stream into pcm uncompressed wav :)

If i sounded like a bitch sorry... i didnt menat to.. i actually thing its very nice of u to shre the info :)

Matta ne.

Gant

Question - TE25 - log error: video could not be loaded No.20802
Meh  2002-05-07 12:45:51 ( ID:2m0mkow2fc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, i've tried alot to get my avi file to mpeg the only problem is when i want to encode it with TMPGEnc it says input video couldnt be loaded...

whats my prob here cause i dont have video when i watch it too....

Gant  2002-05-08 00:57:37 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1st: can you pay u'r avi on your computer with Windows Media player 6.4 (yes dont use 7 or 8 cause they also use internally built codecs... and that other progs cant access) or any other video program thaty uses direct show filters?

If so it means u have the video codec used in the avi installed... if that right then u should be able to open it in TMPGEnc... do you have the direct show filters enabled in TMPGEnc?

You musthave those on.. if not... thne that might be the problem... if even enabling it u cant load teh file.. then u have a problem? What codec are u using?

Well see if this works and if not answer my questions.

Matta ne.

Gant

Meh  2002-05-12 11:33:14 ( ID:2m0mkow2fc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i now installed a newer divx codec on me comp...all works fine thanx..

weird thing is i COULD watch the movies in .avi allthough the divx version was wrong...!?

Question - TE25 - Help with avi 23.976fps, covert to avi 25fps? No.20798
orthadox  2002-05-07 12:41:08 ( ID:d5icnb42hn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi hopefully someone can help me out.
Ok i have an avi film which is 23.976fps but i need to convert it to 25fps, so i can encode it to either vcd(pal) or svcd(pal).The main reason i want it convert it to 25fps is so i can output the finish mpg through a hardware mpeg card to a Video recorder, and for that i need it to be 25fps so the stream ends up smooth and does not jump when being watched.Ive already tryed it with 5 avi films that where originally 25fps and it works just fine.

I know i need to use virtualdub, but im not quite sure how to do the conversion so the sound stays in sync. Please if any1 can help me out with a how to do it right, or some weblinks it would be great.

Thanks in Avdance.

Gant  2002-05-08 01:02:20 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

he he he m8... only using virtualdub wont do the job m8... does it really have to be pal? Well it your choice... and i hope u know that most dvd players can play pal and ntsc... my advice would be to make a 2:3 pulldown on that... but hey you want Pal... i actually know how to do this... cause i do it very often but my personal advice and since the tut would take me wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooo long to right... and i'm not the typer guy ;)

Go here: www.digital-digest.com or www.doom9.org or www.vcdhelp.com.

Have fun exploring... i'm sure thau have some kind of tut for that... if not... just mail me... and i'll do my best to explain it to you in the smaller number of words possible... :)

Matta ne.

Gant

ASHY  2002-05-09 17:34:36 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't need to re-encode the file using Virtualdub. Use the method below to acheive what you want.

First we are going to need some software.

1. Virtualdub: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1_4_9.zip

2. Cooledit 2000: ftp://207.109.248.242/disks/cooledit/ce2kmain.exe

3. Aviframerate changer: http://inmatrix.hoyty.com/mirror/avifrate110.zip
or
4. http://www.divx-digest.com/software/fpsetter.html (if AVIframerate changer doesn't work)

Step 1.
The first step is to install all the above software then the next thing is to start with your original AVI.
Start up Virtualdub, click File and open your AVI. In Virtualdub click File then click 'Save wav' and choose where you want to save it then click save.

Next click Video and choose 'Frame Rate' and change the frame rate to the one you want to convert to i.e 25fps.
Now click 'Edit' and click 'end' from the menu.
Note what it says in the timescale box as the length of the movie exactly.
Now calculate what the total time is in seconds. For example 1:20:02.360 would be 4802.360 secs, write this down. Close virtualdub

Step 2.
The next step is to sync the Audio.
open Cool edit 2000.

When the program opens you will be presented with a box allowing you to choose 2 options. Choose options 1 and 3.

In the program click file>open and open the wav you created earlier.
Wait for it to finish then click 'Edit' and untick 'enable undo' then click 'select entire wave' next click 'Transform' and choose 'Time/pitch' from the drop down menu then click 'stretch'
In this box tick the following options:

Low precision
Time stretch (preserves pitch)

In the box that says 'Length' type in the exact figure you got in secs from Virtualdub for e.g. 4802.360 then click ok.
Wait for the program to do it's stuff then when its finished click 'file' then 'save as' and name and save your file as a wav.

This should give you a Wav file which will be the same length as the movie in the next step. Close Cool edit 2000.

Step 3. This is where we change the frame rate of the movie.

To change the frame rate of an AVI all you have do is use a little program called 'AVI frame rate changer' Just open up the AVI with the program and change the frame rate.

To check that the movie is in sync with the audio, open up virtualdub and open your movie you have changed the framerate of then click Audio and choose 'Wav audio' from the menu and find the wav you have just created.
Click the first play button and you should find the audio is in sync with the movie.

If you have problems changing the framerate with any of the above programs then you can frameserve the movie to TMPG instead using Virtualdub.
Just change the framerate to 25fps and follow the same instructions above for the audio.

Now use the AVI you have created from either the one you have changed the framerate of, using 'Framerate changer' or the one you just created with the Frame server, as your Video source for TMPG and the wav file as your audio source for TMPG.

Note: If you don't know how to frameserve checkout vcdhelp.com for info on how to.

Hope this helps.

ASHY

orthadox  2002-05-09 19:54:42 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thx Ashy. works a treat :)

Question - TE25 - Audio stream channel mode?? No.20793
Scorpion  2002-05-07 11:36:51 ( ID:fg4dwqkzvjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey guys,

Well I got everything to work but I still don't know 1 thing. I want my svcd files to run on my dvd player> it works fine. But I have my stereo running on the dvd player too and I'm ussing dolby pro logic and other dolby surround. What should I set the channel mode to, to get a nice dolby surround. (already got freq to 48 khz)

Greets Scorpion.

u too slow  2002-05-07 22:36:03 ( ID:rtzhprsj6ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

SVCD 1.0 standard is 44.1 khz

if your player can handle the 48 khz ,by all means use it,its better quality anyway

i suggest using dual channel,as SVCD cant have 5.1 sound

Minion  2002-05-07 23:50:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you can"t output dolby surround unless you input dolby surround and svcd can"t take dolby surround and it wont thake 48000hz cuz it isn"t in the svcd specifications,and you can only have 2 chanels of audio so you won"t get real surround sound but with joint sterio you might get the best result.....

Scorpion  2002-05-08 19:28:20 ( ID:e/mhum9icc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

48 khz runs!! love it; its no dolby but sound was cool!!

ASHY  2002-05-09 18:48:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>you can"t output dolby surround unless you input dolby surround and svcd can"t take dolby surround and it wont thake 48000hz cuz it isn"t in the svcd specifications,and you can only have 2 chanels of audio so you won"t get real surround sound but with joint sterio you might get the best result.....

Sorry Minion your way off target there.

There is no reason why dolby prologic can't be encoded to an MPEG file whether it is SVCD or VCD as the audio stream is independant of the video stream so it doesn't matter,just as long as you downmix your 5.1 ac3 to a prologic wav.

For Dolby prologic you should use a bitrate of no less than 192kb/s (as stated in the MPEG standards) and you should encode using 'Stereo' *NOT* 'Joint stereo) as joint stereo kills the the dolby prologic information contained in the file.
If your DVD player allows it there is no reason why you shouldn't use 48000hz in either VCD or SVCD as the quality is higher.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.