Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 897 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 TMPGEnc 2.54 Freezes when Merge & Cut Used RCA 4 2002-05-06 18:03:32
Question TE25 Batch File for stripping audio from MPEG2 Guru 1 2002-05-04 01:18:26
Question TE25 Avi Question... Please Read missinu 1 2002-05-04 00:55:40
Question TE25 Need Suggestions... LaLa 6 2002-05-05 07:50:47
Question TE25 Vcd in XP gbagman37 6 2002-05-05 22:56:27
Question TE25 Can't set audio bitrate for SCVD encode Slarti Bartfast 1 2002-05-03 22:12:45
Question TE25 sync problem willie 3 2002-05-04 19:13:08
Free talk TE25 splitting recommendation here VeloBorg 9 2002-05-10 20:30:10
Free talk TE25 TMPGenc, DVD, VCD NewtronX 0 2002-05-03 14:52:44
Question TE25 TMPGEnc was working, now locks entire computer dshawnw 2 2002-05-04 16:33:11
Question TE25 "metallic" echo in sound after converting to mpeg lebbink 2 2002-05-04 15:47:41
Question TE25 Cannot convert any DivX File - Why? Santonian 2 2002-05-04 14:23:12

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 897 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc 2.54 Freezes when Merge & Cut Used No.20547
RCA  2002-05-04 03:53:35 ( ID:rsixdtje5am )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried using the older 2.0 version and now the most current 2.54a version. When attempting to use the Merge & Cut function under the MPEG Tools, my PC freezes as soon as I try to drag the slide bar. I am running Win 2000 on a PIII 600 machine. Does anybody have any ideas why and what to do?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
RCA.

Sweettalkin _woman@hotmail.com  2002-05-04 12:30:02 ( ID:r.qszuxkgdk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi i would just like to say that i use the 2.53 version and when i use the cut and merge feature if i drag the bar along my computer freezes too, im using Xp. Could do with some help here please.

RCA  2002-05-05 15:30:37 ( ID:rsixdtje5am )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey All, I just happened to come across another post that mentions that TMPGEnc Merge & Cut function typically will only support files encoded by TMPGEnc itself and may not work with files created by other apps. I think it may be worth trying to encode a smaller video with TMPGEnc and then try the Merge & Cut functionality with that.

cluv099  2002-05-05 16:48:20 ( ID:fxtsmqhpebr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have the same problem . i just got the new 2.54 version last night it only took 3and a half hours to encode but every time i try to merge and cut it freezes.

Sweettalkin _woman@hotmail.com  2002-05-06 18:03:32 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would just like to say that the reason i think my TMP froze while cutting and mergeing was i need some new dvx codecs since installing them it has been fine :)))

Question - TE25 - Batch File for stripping audio from MPEG2 No.20545
Guru  2002-05-04 01:08:18 ( ID:egj/a53zpbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have captured video from DVD in MPEG2 format.
In order to extract the audio from MPEG2 and save the audio in .WAV format, I use TMPGEnc and it works fine BUT I have to open MPEG2 files one at a time and then extract the audio. Is there any Batch file that can extract the audio automatically from the MPEG2 files.

Minion  2002-05-04 01:18:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to strip audio from mpegs a better program for this is "dvd2avi" it will strip about an hour of audio from an mpeg in 5 minutes and convert it to wav.and it will encode your mpeg to avi if you want ,it is mostly for vob files but it works good for mpeg"s...

Question - TE25 - Avi Question... Please Read No.20543
missinu  2002-05-03 23:04:00 ( ID:ynm/nz9tz1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm getting kind of mad. This doesn't have anything to do with tmpgenc, but how come my avi files don't have sound after I burn them. They have sound on the computer and it plays extremely well on dvd, the music, sound or whatever is just gone. All you avi burners out there... please tell me something.

Minion  2002-05-04 00:55:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only thing I can think of is that your audio could be at 48000hz,to have it play on your dvd player with sound the audio has to be 41000hz, and if the bitrate of the audio is to low some players wont play it ,I keep it between 128kbs & 224kbs..but if you are burning with 'nero" it should tell you if your audio is the wrong frequency.....

Question - TE25 - Need Suggestions... No.20536
LaLa  2002-05-03 22:41:35 ( ID:ynm/nz9tz1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi everybody I'm new here, but I need help and someone pointed fingers this way for me to come and get help. Anyway this is my situation. I used asftools 2.30 to convert my asf file into avi so that I can burn it on nero. Well sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Anyway my friend introduce me to tmpgenc so I can change my avi files to mpeg so I can burn it better. Luckily I succeed, well most of the time. The thing is some videos (not all) after changing it to mpeg has this skipping kind of sound to it kind of like a scratched cd, it's usually in the middle of the video. The video plays good in itself, it's just the sound. Can anybody help me???? Please!!!!!!!

Minion  2002-05-04 01:07:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

maybe you should try a external audio encoder like "toolame" or "SCMPX", the audio encoder that "tmpgenc" has built in isn"t that good,You can find these encoders on any search engine by typeing in there names,and you install them in "tmpgenc" by going to the "external tool" tab in the "enviromental settings".......is the sound skipping on your dvd player or on your computer?

LaLa  2002-05-04 01:17:33 ( ID:ynm/nz9tz1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it's on both... the way i hear it on my pc is the way i get it on vcd onto my dvd.

Minion  2002-05-04 01:29:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well then try the external encoders they work pretty good, they might solve your problem....

LaLa  2002-05-04 02:26:41 ( ID:ynm/nz9tz1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Um... another question I have no clue on how to download these external encoders... so how do you do it?? I tried, but it kept on saying i need winzip32 or something like that to extract it I think. I tried that too and I'm lost. I tried to open it up with tmpgenc's environmental section external, but then I'm lost there too. I'm sooo soo sorry for nagging, but I need help again.

Minion  2002-05-04 05:31:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If they are in zip files you will need winzip or winrar, you can get these at www.downloads.com but you should have at least one of them cuz to get "tmpgenc" you need winzip to extract it ,but if you have problems extracting it leave your e-mail and I"ll send you one,I use "scmpx"....

LaLa  2002-05-05 07:50:47 ( ID:ynm/nz9tz1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

okay it's missylala113@hotmail.com... by the way thank you for helping me.

Question - TE25 - Vcd in XP No.20529
gbagman37  2002-05-03 22:24:01 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have not been able to find a solution to this problem, (it is not TMPEGEnc related,well sort of) Ever since I upgraded to XP. I cannot play my burned VCD's on puter. They work fine on my stand alone DVD player. The Mpeg file plays fine. I have tried several software programs from Windows Media Player to Power DVD. Power DVD will even play vob file but not a dat file on a VCD.
Any ideas? I have searhed the web, and all I found was alot of people with the same problem with XP. If any one has any ideas could you please email me as I don't have time to check this site to often.
Thanks in Advance

sarasara  2002-05-04 00:50:44 ( ID:ukutrhuhk8j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

use vcdgear to convert your vob to mpg

gbagman37  2002-05-04 14:08:50 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to read the entire post before responding. I have no problems converting my files to MPEG. I watch my 200 or so VCD's on my standalone DVD player, its just since I upgraded to XP. I cannot get a finished VCD(burnt) to play on my computer(and I used to play them on the time with Windows ME)

Ashy  2002-05-04 15:25:51 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the actual error you are receiving when you try to open the file?

ASHY

gbagman37  2002-05-04 22:17:04 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It says Windows Media Error "Incorrect Function"
If I try to open with Power DVD or numerous other programs I have tried they just sit there and do nothing

MannaZen1  Home )  2002-05-05 22:50:56 ( ID:bretwi1a3.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Look in your c:WindowsSystemIosubsys and check for scsi1help.vxd-this is required for many media CPU programs to read vcd's. Find it by seraching www.google.com "scs1help.vxd" and "download" in the same directory. This should help

MannaZen1  Home )  2002-05-05 22:56:27 ( ID:bretwi1a3.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

..i meant "scsi1hlp.vxd" not "scs1hlp.vxd", once you do this place it in your C:WINDOWSSYSTEMIOSUBSYS directory and everything should be golden

Question - TE25 - Can't set audio bitrate for SCVD encode No.20527
Slarti Bartfast  2002-05-03 21:21:20 ( ID:/3aghxa4f6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to drop the audio bitrate for an SVCD encode to 192K instead of 224K to allow a higher video bitrate, but TMPGEnc won't let me change this setting. Any ideas why not?

Slarti.

Billy  2002-05-03 22:12:45 ( ID:lmt2mxkabm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load -> Extra(Template) -> unlock.mcf

Question - TE25 - sync problem No.20523
willie  2002-05-03 19:31:25 ( ID:xrzcutrpc2o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just tried to fix a sync problem with goldwave like vcdhelp says. It is hard......real hard to get the timing just right. I still have the original avi and i was wondering if there was anyway to fix this prior to recording. Help needed.

Minion  2002-05-04 01:12:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the "source range " tab you can set the audio gap before encodeing,I have used this quite a few times but it is a little tricky but it works, you just have to encode 10 seconds of mpeg and see if it is in or out of sync and adjust it from there till you get it right....

Ashy  2002-05-04 16:10:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Forget the re-encoding and that unecessary cumbersome example that VCDhelp gives for synching the file.

Download BBMPEG. This free software will allow you to introduce an audio or video delay when you multiplex the file.

Download here.
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avi2mpg2.html

Info how to multiplex with BBMPEG.( this refers to SVCD, but the principal is the same). If you look at number 5 in the instructions you will see a row of boxes at the bottom with the title 'Start up delay(ms)'. In these boxes you can add a delay to the Video or Audio in milliseconds to sync your movie.
http://www.spawns.dk/svcd/bbmpeg.htm

ASHY

willie  2002-05-04 19:13:08 ( ID:xrzcutrpc2o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you both but i figured out the problem myself. I found out that i was not extracting the audio prior to encoding. I also was encoding at a higher fps than the avi was set for. When i did both these things and encoded the audio was perfect. I know i prob.. seem like a dummy but this is my first experience at doing this. Help u provided greatly appreciated though.

Free talk - TE25 - splitting recommendation here No.20513
VeloBorg  2002-05-03 16:31:09 ( ID:oiqutcgiync )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You may have trouble splitting and then burning a large file,
so here is a usefule strategy.
If you encode a 1500+ file then use "mpeg tools" to split it in half,
VCDEasy will generate an image file TOO LARGE for an 80min CD. That shouldn't
happen given that the two halves are smaller than 800 meg, but it does!
you should split the file AS YOU ARE ENCODING IT. That is, use the
source range setting to encode just enough to fill a disk and no more.
TMPGEnc's batch processing comes in handy here. Encode the first half of
the movie as one file, the second half as another...then you won't have
to use the "merge/split" tools... which don't work in this case anyway.
-Don

gbagman37  2002-05-03 22:12:05 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

or dump VCD Easy, and get rid of problem all together

veloborg  2002-05-04 04:02:35 ( ID:k6ontxsv63o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what program can encode stills for the titles, do the chaptering, and master the disk and then burn it?
I'll switch if I can find something that does as much.

Minion  2002-05-04 05:41:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There isn"t really a program that does really good encodeing and lets you do chapters and and burns accept maybe "scenarist" but I think that goes for like $20.000,I have a copy but it only works for winXP, you could try something like "sonic dvdit" it encodes and does chapters but the encodeing isn"t as good as "tmpgenc" and it is designed strictly for dvd"s and it costs $600u.s.You are better off sticking with "tmpgenc" and maybe get"ulead dvd workshop" for chapters and burning.....
PS:"tmpgenc"does encode stills of "bmp,jpeg,ect"

veloborg  2002-05-04 16:09:17 ( ID:ilug02rkqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I stand by the original splitting recommendation...given that the
alternatives are not as good or prohibitively expensive.
Still, it would be interesting to find out why VCDEasy changes the
file size so dramatically...
thank you for that last reply...yours is the kind of information I could
get no where else.
-Don

Ashy  2002-05-04 16:23:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't understand your problem with splitting a file which is 1500+ when using Mpegtools.
I regularly use VCDeasy and burn TMPG mpegtools split files which are just under 800mb to an 80 mins cd no problem.
VCDeasy, and other programs such as NERO, just adds a few extra megabytes of overhead for the system files which are included on the cd.
If the file size result is just over, say about 810mb, just use the overburn option and it should burn fine.

ASHY

veloborg  2002-05-04 17:34:46 ( ID:ilug02rkqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy,
I confess... I'm unfamiliar with overburn...when to use it and how. I was just confused by splitting a 1500+ meg file into two...the result should be LESS than 800 megs per disk which should fit....but it didn't.
I suppose now the thing to do is to make a large file, split it, and then calculate exatly how much VCDEasy adds to the file size so that I can compensate exactly that much when burning the large file to start with.
I'm new to this and eager to learn.
-Don

Ashy  2002-05-04 19:10:00 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To be clear is the file size you are quoting 1500mb or is it actually 1.5gb.
If it is the latter then this is the reason for your seemingly file size difference as 1.5gb isn't strictly 1500mb.
1.5gb is actulally 1536mb.

The overburning option mentioned can be found under the CDRDAO tab in settings.

Try not to overburn anymore than 10mb or you may run into problems with read errors at the end of the disk.

ASHY

veloborg  2002-05-04 22:51:29 ( ID:k6ontxsv63o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, again, thank you. That's the first time I've ever read how many megabytes I could go with overburn.
Originally, I took a movie (Rocky Horror) and encoded it so that it would
come in just under 1600 mb. I figured I could then split it and then burn two
80 min CDs. (800 megs per CD)... after splitting, both files were under 800 meg. Then the surprise...
VCDEasy gives me an error message telling me that the image file it generated from the UNDER 800 meg file is too big! I've never seen that happen with even 802 meg files.. the only difference here was that I had used the "mpg tools merge/cut" in TmpgEnc. It's changing the mpgs in some way that VCDEasy doesn't like. but no matter... I just have to compensate for that now that I know the behavior.
-Don (thanks for replying so many times, I learn this way!)

ASHY  2002-05-10 20:30:10 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Remember the file size will always be slightly greater after cutting due to the fact you are adding a header to the second part of the split file.

ASHY

Free talk - TE25 - TMPGenc, DVD, VCD No.20512
NewtronX  2002-05-03 14:52:44 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/svcdtools/VCDEasy_v1.0.9_Setup.exe
This is the easyest VCD burning program I have seen and the quality rocks Just one note make sure you select your CDR burner in the settings before you start and check the write to CD box so it will automatically burn the VCD or SVCD for you! TMPGenc rocks!! 2.54a best yet that I have seen to bad it cant read concurent VOB's If it could I wouldnt need DVD2AVI. These are the tools I recomend to any one posibilites with these are unlimited.. Decryter 3.11(or smart ripper), DVD2AVI, Tmpgenc 2.54a, VCDEasy and for those stubborn Audio extractions Total recorder. System requirement are 400Mhz or better(fastest you can afford my 1.33Ghz does nice), 256MB RAM, Good burner ie. Plextor,Yamaha etc. I perfer Windows XP Professional (The Corporate version..hehe) paid for Professional but I prefer to use the Corporate version since it doesnt make you get a REG KEY its stabile as a rock and works with every thing I throw at it Except for some Dos based games Dual boot with Windows 98SE. Every one has their opinions so I know alot of you might not agree but I have almost no problems ever compared to any other system I have ever used! ~NewtronX

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc was working, now locks entire computer No.20509
dshawnw  2002-05-03 14:34:52 ( ID:3/z0k74zo2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used TMPGEnc 2.54 (newest) to encode, and it worked perfectly. I then ran the authoring program: VCDEasy, with VCDEasy running I tried to restart TMPGEnc to encode another file to add to my project. This caused my whole computer to lockup! Now VCDEasy still works fine, but TMPGEnc locks everything up as soon as I launch it!! I have tried re-installing, including a complete uninstall/erasure of TMPGEnc files before re-installing, but the same problem occurs when I launch TMPGEnc.

Is this a corrupted system file? bad DLL?

Minion  2002-05-04 05:46:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you cant get rid of the problem , do a clean install of your os and every thing else, i know it sucks but sometimed it is the only solution that seems to work,I end up doing it every month or so cuz of some glitch or another....

Ashy  2002-05-04 16:33:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The simplest solution to this one if you have already completly removed TMPG and installed a fresh copy would be to use the system restore function of your operating system to a time before you got the error.
This should replace any corrupt files and allow you to open TMPG normally again.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - "metallic" echo in sound after converting to mpeg No.20506
lebbink  2002-05-03 14:30:07 ( ID:ryo/oxzkvfm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, lately I come across the following problem : after converting to mpeg (vcd) via TmpgEnc, the sound is bad... There is a metallic sort of echo at certain frequencies... The original avi's sound OK...
Does anyone have a clue?

Minion  2002-05-04 05:43:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try a external audio encoder like" toolame or scmpx" this should clean up your audio...

Ashy  2002-05-04 15:47:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is not TMPG's encoder but it's samplerate converter. Use SCMPX.
Toolame is an audio encoder not a samplerate convertor.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Cannot convert any DivX File - Why? No.20503
Santonian  2002-05-03 12:52:54 ( ID:902japwfsvl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

already tried to find the answer but was not succesfull.

Ok here is the problem:

when I try to convert a DivX file does not matter what version 3,4 or 5 all have the problem that the screen stays black but the sound is there after converting the movie. I don't know what to do! DivX movies are playing fine in the Media Player for example so the codecs are installed properly.
I am using Win2000 though.

Any suggestions?
Thanx
S.

La-Magra  2002-05-03 19:08:14 ( ID:rfqibsdowh2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to go to the Environmental Settings, then on VFAPI Plugin.
Change the priority of the Direct Video thing to 3 (that's what I did).

Then it works.
Good luck.

La-Magra

Santonian  2002-05-04 14:23:12 ( ID:f.8yzuhnjzm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanx

that really works!

S.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.