Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 912 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 tmpgenc floating error , ying0yang 2 2002-04-26 18:48:46
Question TE25 Error Report Unset 1 2002-04-26 08:54:56
Question TE25 Burned vcd, but no sound on DVD player, but sound on computer? Kona 5 2002-04-26 13:17:12
Question TE25 Convert DivX multilanguage to VCD Erik 5 2002-04-25 23:29:08
Question TE25 avi to mpeg problems Captain Future 3 2002-04-26 18:39:28
Question TE25 Read Error on Splitting Mpeg file Bemm 1 2002-04-25 20:12:27
Question TE25 Help! jeremyf0 1 2002-04-25 22:30:44
Bug report TE25 DIVX 5 - No video output ritchie b 3 2002-04-29 00:46:30
Question TE25 Floating point error ! Ruben Velez 2 2002-04-25 22:34:37
Bug report TE25 TMPGEnc locks up on WinXP during encoding Liam Gretton 3 2002-04-29 14:39:36
Question TE25 Pixelation in TMPGEnc preview Im4tunate2 3 2002-04-26 18:19:58
Question TE25 CD-R not playing in DVD?? Kona 4 2002-04-26 13:37:12

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 912 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - tmpgenc floating error , No.19932
ying0yang  2002-04-26 00:49:19 ( ID:kxutcubn5w. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

got an avi file that i want to encode in vcd . start tmpgenc floating error appear.

well , try virtual dub frame server with tmpgenc ; error disappear the encoding continue all the movie , but when i try to watch the mpg file , it still freezing at the same place that the floating error ???????????

do i mist somethings? help me please

maybe have not make the correct setting.

Minion  2002-04-26 08:16:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your avi file is corrupted,what you can do is try to make a copy with virtua dub and use that but you said that it still kept freezing at the same spot in virtua dub, this happens a lot if you download movies from the net,so you only have one option to try,un-check all the boxes in the "cpu" tab and the "quantize matrix" tab under "settings", then try to encode and if it freezes at the same spot again I think you are out of luck..

ASHY  2002-04-26 18:48:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download this program and run your avi through it http://free.top.bg/tenadownload2/avidefreezer.zip
then load your avi into TMPG.
If it gives you the floating point error try frameserving again with Virtualdub.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Error Report No.19930
Unset  2002-04-26 00:19:29 ( ID:jhpy0epvjw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh and this happens when I load the movie. I can't even start encoding.

Minion  2002-04-26 08:54:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What Happens??????????

Question - TE25 - Burned vcd, but no sound on DVD player, but sound on computer? No.19924
Kona  2002-04-25 22:33:12 ( ID:p/glgp6sq4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I burned a vcd, finally got it to work on dvd player, but no sound. If I run the vcd on computer it works fine. Any thoughts on this subject?

Minion  2002-04-25 22:38:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think your problem is your audio has to be at 41000khz and 224kbs or under,audio at 48000khz won"t play on yer dvd player,but you don"t have to re-encode the file just de-multiplex the mpeg file and load in yer audio to tmpgenc and convert the audio the multiplex them back together....

Kona  2002-04-25 22:52:08 ( ID:p/glgp6sq4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No offense, but I am not afraid to admit I am a newbie, lol. Now what the hell do you mean by "de-multiplex the mpeg file and load in yer audio to tmpgenc and convert the audio the multiplex them back together...." Sorry to be such a pain.

Kona  2002-04-25 22:57:44 ( ID:p/glgp6sq4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No offense, but I am not afraid to admit I am a newbie, lol. Now what the hell do you mean by "de-multiplex the mpeg file and load in yer audio to tmpgenc and convert the audio the multiplex them back together...." Sorry to be such a pain.

Kisoo Lim  2002-04-26 05:51:20 ( ID:ahu8pm.mhlm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Multiplexing means combining of sound and video.
De-multiplexing means seperating of sound and video.
Once your audio format is wrong, then you have to de-multiplex the sound and convert it to proper format for vcd. Finally you multiplex the new sound with previous video to mpeg-1 file for VCD.

ASHY  2002-04-26 13:17:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Before de-multiplexing and loading anything anywhere you need to find out what the audio details are.
Download this program called Virtualdub http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1_4_10.zip
Then run the program and load your MPEG1 file.
When loaded click file in the options at the top then choose 'file information' from the menu.
Look at where it says 'audio track' in the box that pops up it should say 44khz stereo, 224kbps layer II.
If it doesn't your gonna have to re-encode your audio.

If you have the original AVI then load that into TMPG as the audio if not load your Mpeg instead as the audio then on the right where it says 'stream setting' click 'audio only'

Click setting then click the audio tab and set parameters as follows:
MPEG1 audio layer II
sampling frequency - 44100
Channel mode - stereo
Bitrate 224

Now encode. this will give you a new audio file with the extension .mp2
Note: if you have any problem changing settings click the load button and navigate to your TMPG folder. Inside the templates folder is a folder called 'Extra' which contains a file call 'unlock.mcf'
Double click it and the settings will unlock.

Now you will have to mutiplex your new audio with the video.
open the MPEG tools. Goto File>MPEG tools and load your Mpeg into the 'Video' box and re-encoded audio into the 'Audio' box under the 'Simple multiplex' tab
Choose your output (make sure it's not called the same as the input if it's in the same folder) and then click the button in the 'TYPE' box and choose 'MPEG-1 Video CD' from the drop down menu.
Now click run and your movie will combined, next just load your movie into your burning software making sure you choose the VCD option.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Convert DivX multilanguage to VCD No.19918
Erik  2002-04-25 22:18:01 ( ID:9m.zafzydpm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hy,
I want to convert a DivX multilanguage movie to 1 language VCD (if possible 2 languages). When I convert I have no sound.

Any suggestions what to do?

Gideon  2002-04-25 22:23:45 ( ID:gk/qdyj6oo6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can't you extract the audio with VirtualDub (www.vcdhelp.com) first and that way select the wanted stream of audio?

if so, you can save it as a *.WAV file and put it as an audio source in TMPGenc.

Cheers,

Gideon

Erik  2002-04-25 22:30:24 ( ID:9m.zafzydpm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I will try it, THX

ASHY  2002-04-25 23:22:00 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download this program http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avimux.html
It's probably the one they used to create the two streams, it will also let you remove a stream.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-04-25 23:23:38 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way Gideon I have replied to your post regarding aspect ratios.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-04-25 23:29:08 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry Erik I forgot to tell you one small point.
To make sure you select the right stream when you open the AVI with the program, just highlight it and right click on it, this will give you a box with some options. One of them will be play. This will then play the audio track so you know which one to choose.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - avi to mpeg problems No.19914
Captain Future  2002-04-25 21:25:00 ( ID:hrbmue5ik0f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Some of my .avi's can not be loaded for conversion, while others do not have a problem at all. What is going wrong or what might be the difference ? How can I still encode them into MPEGs

Minion  2002-04-26 08:41:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is what is happening you are getting a "can not open or unsupported" error..if this is true,go to yer "vpapi plugins" and raise your "direct show" to "2" and lowere every thing else to "0" this should get your file loaded in "tmpgenc"...

Captain Future  2002-04-26 17:11:03 ( ID:hrbmue5ik0f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the answer, put how can I change the figures. I tried it but it doe not work.

ASHY  2002-04-26 18:39:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Right click on the plugin and a menu will pop up.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Read Error on Splitting Mpeg file No.19912
Bemm  2002-04-25 18:48:08 ( ID:flppsedny.o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to split my mpeg-file (SVCD) for matching CD-R size i get the following message: "At address 73EF1D04, Read Error occured against address7rEF1Do4"
I´m using TMPGENC 2.53. My system is a Athlon 1400.
Any idea what the problem can be?

dvstahl  2002-04-25 20:12:27 ( ID:gvscwfqundw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem. Just ignore it-click ok or whatever it says (don't remember) and then proceed with splitting. Works fine except for me except for the message.

Question - TE25 - Help! No.19910
jeremyf0  2002-04-25 17:48:52 ( ID:x6f7zkozhzw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I change the buffer size or whatever I need to change to get rid of buffer underflows? I search the BBS and couldn't find out how to change it.

Minion  2002-04-25 22:30:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

look for the "vbv"buffer,under the bitrate on the settings page,but don"t lower it too much cuz you will get buffer over flow....

Bug report - TE25 - DIVX 5 - No video output No.19906
ritchie b  2002-04-25 15:10:17 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to convert an divx avi down to mpeg there is no video source on the compiled mpeg. I beleive the problem is with the latest divx codec. Can anyone confirm this???, Cheers.

Minion  2002-04-25 22:40:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you are right ,divx5 isn"t supported in "tmpgenc" you might have to convert yer divx5 to divx4 to get it to work.........

ASHY  2002-04-26 15:18:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well to be honest DIVX 5 is supported by TMPG as it works on my system and many others.
I'ts more likely due a mix of codecs on your system causing the problem.
There are a few ways which may help you around this.

First, uninstall all codecs and just install divx 5 to see if the problem dissapears when you encode in TMPG. (use a small test file)

Second, remove the DIVX 5 codec and install 4.12. This will still decode divx 5 movies.

Third, if non of the above works then open your movie in Virtualdub and frameserve it to TMPG.

ASHY

RBornowski  2002-04-29 00:46:30 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It`s Ok - I have found out that DIVX is not completly supported yet so i stipted the avi (divx) 5 down to 4.11 then encoded it to mpg with tnp. Cheers

Question - TE25 - Floating point error ! No.19903
Ruben Velez  2002-04-25 14:13:31 ( ID:uryozzqylvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm converting files from AVI to MPG and after a while of processing I get a "Floating Point Error". I tried different files and sooner of later during the conversion I get this error. Any suggestions? Is this a bug?

Ruben
velezr@hotmail.com

Encoding Lamer  2002-04-25 17:03:22 ( ID:ancrm7la4xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Got the same error message sometimes. To avoid it use a frame server like the "Video Server Plugin v0.93 " from www.videotools.net in combination with some editing softlike like premiere.

Hope this helps.

Minion  2002-04-25 22:34:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

to stop this error firt of all don"t do anything with your computer while encodeing,I mean anything ,no screen saver no nothing,and if this isn"t yer problem go to your "cpu" tab and un-check all the boxes on this page(sse,mmx ect) then un-check the "use floating point" box on the "quantize matrix" page and this will stop the error but it will take longer to encode......

Bug report - TE25 - TMPGEnc locks up on WinXP during encoding No.19899
Liam Gretton  2002-04-25 13:35:06 ( ID:ptfpjnycef6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using TMPGEnc 2.53.35.130 on a new WinXP system (Athlon XP 1900+, 512MB). I'm trying to transfer an 80 min movie from VHS to DVD. I now have a 18GB AVI which plays perfectly, but TMPGEnc always locks the machine solid at some point during the conversion (this is full-frame PAL, 6kbps). Not always the same point - it might be a few secs into the conversion, or even 40 minutes or so, but it always locks up. What I do get of the MPEG seems perfect, however.

I've got the latest XP updates, drivers are up to date and so on. I've tried running TMPGEnc in Win98 compatibility mode, but it makes no difference.

This is driving me nuts, because I can't find any other MPEG2 encoder out there that I could use instead. I'd be willing to pay for one if I knew it would work ok.

Any suggestions would be really gratefully received.

If I can get TMPGEnc to work, I'll be registering it straightaway!

Thanks,

Liam

SwtSassie  2002-04-25 22:28:13 ( ID:foya8eslxmr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I too just got XP .. Intel 1.2ghZ .. and I also lock up when trying to convert with TMPGEnc most the time .. but that is not my biggest prob with xp .. I keep getting "lagged" off my dsl connection every 45 to 50 mins and it lasts approx. 15 mins unless I reboot modem then it is only a min or 2. Dont know if it is the same thing causing it or not .. I wonder if anyone else is having this prob or if it is just my bad luck .. If anyone has any idea on either of my probs I will be forever greatful! :) Sassie

Minion  2002-04-25 22:43:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think a 13gb file is to big for tmpgenc, try cutting it to a smaller file or converting your avi to divx to get smaller file size.....

Liam Gretton  2002-04-29 14:39:36 ( ID:ptfpjnycef6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess the 18GB file was the main problem. I've got it all now as 17x2GB chunks.

TMPGEnc is much more reliable now, though it still locks the machine up occasionally. Subsequent retires usually do the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Liam

Question - TE25 - Pixelation in TMPGEnc preview No.19895
Im4tunate2  2002-04-25 13:14:32 ( ID:1i9ii9pkcqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just made my first CD a few days ago of the video Joe Dirt. I had a problem with pixelation while previewing the video, and after tinkering with the settings, got rid of the pixelation. The video turned out great. I am now trying to encode a 2nd video entitled Dirty Work, but cannot seem to get rid of the pixelation in the preview. I have tried different templetes, and lots of different settings, but can't seem to find the right combination to get rid of the pixelation. When I preview the video in DVD2AVI, there isn't any pixelation. I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions. Thanks, Im4tunate

ASHY  2002-04-25 14:46:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Which template are you using to encode?
If you are using the VCD template, unlock it and up the bitrate.
Depending on the length of the movie you could up it quite a bit if you use 80min CD's.
For a two hour movie you could easily up it to 1600kbps.
Also tick the soften block noise option under the quantize matrix tab.

ASHY

Im4tunate2  2002-04-25 15:41:48 ( ID:1i9ii9pkcqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy - Thanks for the response. I have tried using a self-made template, as well as several different templates that come with TMPGEnc, such as VIDEO CD(NTSC).mcf for example. I'll try upping the Bitrate in the VCD template as you suggested, as well as softening block noise. Thanks alot for the info. I have done much work in the past with analog data, but I'm definately a newbie when it comes to digital. I'll let you know if your suggestion helps. Im4tunate

Im4tunate2  2002-04-26 18:19:58 ( ID:1i9ii9pkcqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy,
Just wanted to let you know that after re-booting my system, the pixelation is gone, regardless of which template I use. It may be because I didn't close dvd2avi before starting TMPGEnc. I'm still not for certain what the root cause of the problem was. At any rate, the problem is gone for the time being. Im4tunate

Question - TE25 - CD-R not playing in DVD?? No.19890
Kona  2002-04-25 12:04:21 ( ID:p/glgp6sq4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all, thnaks to everyone who answered my other question. Now, I burned cd's. 2 vcd and 2 svcd. None of them will play in my samsung dvd 611. I went to vcd help website and it says the player is compatable. It even says "video cd" player right on it as well as "DVD". I burned the dics with Nashua 80 min, 700 MB CD-R. Does anyone think a different type of cd-r will work?? Or any other suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks a bunch.

NewtronX  2002-04-25 13:31:21 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Kona:o)
Well looks like you have done your homework for your player. I believe your problem is probably due to the fact that even though you recorded the Video in VCD or SVCD compatible format when you burned them to disc you didnÃÕ burn them as a VCD type disc using Nero or another burning program capable of this. Just like when you stick an Audio CD disc in your DVD player and it recognizes it as an Audio CD because of the TOC (Table of Contents) so it does with a VCD or SVCD if the disc isnÃÕ recoded with that TOC then it doesnÃÕ see it as a VCD. Check out http://www.vcdhelp.com/nero.htm ~NewtronX

Kona  2002-04-25 20:04:17 ( ID:p/glgp6sq4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I finally got it right, it will play on my computer with VCD software but no go on my Samsung dvd-611. I called the company and they said it will only play commercial vcd or svcd. So I guess I am screwed. Thanks for the help. If anything else changes I will let you know. I am always open to suggestions.
Thanks

Minion  2002-04-26 08:47:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem might be with how you are burning your cd"s,I usually burn with "nero" in vcd mode at 8 times speed or less,I can burn up to 24 times but it seems to cause problems if you burn them to fast..........

ASHY  2002-04-26 13:37:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Kona before you reseign yourself to the fact that your DVD player can't play home made VCD's try burning your Movie on to a decent rewritable such as verbatim disks.
A lot of DVD players which cant read CDR's can read CDRW due to the fact that CDRW reflect a similar ligh wavelength to DVD's.
So give it a go and DONT burn above 4x.
In my experience it is better,not to burn above 4x or your VCD may be jerky and give other problems. You will also find this advice from many experts and encoder manufactures.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.