Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 868 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Merge and cut Marcello 1 2002-05-22 02:45:56
Question TE25 No picture, but i get sound GazMottley@hotmail.com 6 2002-05-28 17:09:05
Bug report TE25 long delays when loading mpeg2. m2v files MikeC 0 2002-05-21 21:49:38
Question TE25 Studio DC10+ codec problem? almost40_3girls 6 2002-05-24 23:19:18
Request TE25 Fade to black at start/end of videos John 0 2002-05-21 19:52:43
Question TE25 SVCD is jerking a little marogo 3 2002-05-24 17:04:43
Request TE25 Custom Pattern automater for IVTC Rajesh 0 2002-05-21 18:30:59
Question TE25 SVCD plays a little Jerky marogo 2 2002-05-21 21:13:14
Question TE25 No sound when previewing Barry 1 2002-05-22 03:16:42
Question TE25 Sound /video resync. IT works for only the 1st try Shalamar 0 2002-05-21 16:14:01
Request TE25 Add Error recovery please!! NewtronX 1 2002-05-21 12:48:05
Question TE25 How to translate divx with ac3 sound to vcd ? K 2 2002-05-21 21:17:07

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 868 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Merge and cut No.21725
Marcello  2002-05-21 23:05:04 ( ID:2g7q46orhyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey there!!!
help please!!!
I'm using tmpgen plus 2.5
I got two Avi files from my camcorder and I want put them together,
I did it with tmpgenc plus but in the intersection a hear a bip sound
my question is how can eliminate that sound
also I did it whit Ulead media studio pro, but vcd easy don't let my make chapters
sombody help me
I got a sony vaio desktop pentium 4......

none101  2002-05-22 02:45:56 ( ID:wy.h0u1fvi. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to file, mpeg tools, then merge and cut tab. you should be able to figure it out from there just load file and drag timebar to the blip sound and cut it out it shouldn'y be but one second you wont loose any video

Question - TE25 - No picture, but i get sound No.21718
GazMottley@hotmail.com  2002-05-21 22:30:46 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using the latest version of TMPGEnc, but when i encode an .avi file, and try to create an MPEG-1 file, when i play it in media player, there is sound but no picture, any help on clearing this up would be appreciated

mauigreen  2002-05-21 23:11:44 ( ID:gkdw.xqsmwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Me too, i only get sound with no video when i convert from AVI to mpeg1

Minion  2002-05-22 03:06:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you have the right codecs installed on your system like all the divx codecs cuz i don"t think that divx5 works on divx4 or divx3,and don"t play your mpeg files on media player because it"s mpeg codec sucks and it has a habbit of playing the audio out of sync and with bad quality, use dvd playing software cuz it is designed for mpeg..and while you are encodeing make sure that your direct show filter has high enough priority.......

john  2002-05-22 12:17:55 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi i get the same promble but mine will not wokk on my dvd ether.my dvd will read cdr and play vcds i have made cdr.i do get sound.
any help will be great.
john

arelbee  2002-05-23 13:55:20 ( ID:hvrhufqjkmc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Make sure you have the right codecs installed on your system like all the divx codecs cuz i don"t think that divx5 works on divx4 or divx3,and don"t play your mpeg files on media player because it"s mpeg codec sucks and it has a habbit of playing the audio out of sync and with bad quality, use dvd playing software cuz it is designed for mpeg..and while you are encodeing make sure that your direct show filter has high enough priority.......

I had this same problem. When rendering the clip and during playback, I would get a black screen but could hear the audio. I had to change the "Direct Show Filter" to priority 1. As soon as I did this, the video immediately popped into view. In order to change the Direct Show filter using the latest version of TMPGEnc, you will need to click on "Option" at the top of the main screen, then "Environmental Setting". Click on the "VFAPI" tab. The default plug-ins will be listed. Find the "DirectShow Multimedia File Reader" listing. Right-click on this and select "Higher Priority". I did this two or three times until it was listed as the #1 priority. After that, I could see the video. Hope this additional info helps!

rick42667  2002-05-23 16:03:45 ( ID:hnk01mjcy8m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I am using the latest version of TMPGEnc, but when i encode an .avi file, and try to create an MPEG-1 file, when i play it in media player, there is sound but no picture, any help on clearing this up would be appreciated

to get a picture in windows media player, you need to get a good codec bundle, to place these codecs in the program. I reccomend the codec bundle NIMO. I have not had any problems with my files playing in windows media, or my favorite (DivX Playa) which you can get at DivX.com, other good edit free programs also. Hope this helps!!!!

john  2002-05-28 17:09:05 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi
i had your promble with sound no picture.i found a plug in from tmpgs site called tmpgenc-2.5437.135-vfp.i down loaded it unzipped it and bingo sound with pictures.i can also make a vcd with a cd disk and play it on my dvd.
hope this woks for you.

john.

Bug report - TE25 - long delays when loading mpeg2. m2v files No.21717
MikeC  2002-05-21 21:49:38 ( ID:cgx3nbhwwxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Fairly recently I'v been experiencing long loading times when selecting certain m2v/mpg2 files either in the main windows or the wizard. The files don't appear to be corrupt as they load in all other encoder software and DVD burning software.
I cant seem to find any similarities in the files. It just some do and some don't.
It has worked before and no other software has been installed. I have even done a full clean reinstall or the OS and TmpgEnc only. Still the same

Any ideas?

System:
P3 866 Dual CPU
512MB Ram
60GB HD (NTFS) 1 partition 45GB Free
Windows XP Pro

Question - TE25 - Studio DC10+ codec problem? No.21710
almost40_3girls  2002-05-21 21:36:24 ( ID:vli8s0ohxto )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Currently I have a DC10+ board with Studio version 1.06. After I capture a avi file and try to even preview it in tmpgenc, I get large diaginal lines and no audio. Is this because the avi is encoded using Pinnicle's own codec? I am thinking of upgrading to Studio 7, but won't if I would still have the same problem. Any recommendations??

Jeremy  2002-05-21 22:04:07 ( ID:mrhiosejanw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same board but not the same problems. My problem is I have to open and close ( any capture program ) 20 , 30 , 40 + to get the cap card to lock on to the video stream. Pinnacle hase no help support. Iv been trying to get them to email me something for the last year. They ignore all my emails.

So, Id say we both screwed with a crumy product. Dont waste your money on Studio 7. I have it and its not much better then the DC10 studio. Try to find something else. Iv been playing with Adobe premier. But it also hase the above problem so havnt been able to capture anything with it yet.

almost40_3girls  2002-05-22 13:31:26 ( ID:gzwarswlxdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In looking at all the various editting software out there I like both Vegas Video 3.0 and Ulead's Media Studio. Thanks for the comments. I also was thinking about going with Studio Express, since I want to get into making DVD's but now I will rethink it all....

almost40_3girls  2002-05-22 13:54:22 ( ID:gzwarswlxdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In looking at all the various editting software out there I like both Vegas Video 3.0 and Ulead's Media Studio. Thanks for the comments. I also was thinking about going with Studio Express, since I want to get into making DVD's but now I will rethink it all....

willyiam  2002-05-22 14:24:35 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't waste your time with Pinnacle Studio 7 or Express...Go the Ulead way with MediaStudio, VideoStudio 6 or DVD Movie Factory. However, a good capture card along with NTFS and a fast machine is essential.

almost40_3girls  2002-05-22 16:32:21 ( ID:vli8s0ohxto )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since what I have now is the DC10+ card, what card is decent but not real expensive, I need composite video in, DV would be a nice addition, but my camcorder is only composite out. I eventually would like to get into the Matrox RT2500.

bbb  2002-05-24 23:19:18 ( ID:jmlplrnbuek )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use VirtualDub to open your AVI and frameserve it to Tmpgenc. Sound should be intact.

Also, you should install the PicVideo MJPEG codec before you frameserve because DC10+ has a decompressor bug. The bug shows itself as a tiny vertical frame jumpy motion (like from a jittery film projector) that happens occasionally every 15 to 30 seconds, barely noticeable until you look for it. This bug won't be fixed by changing field order.

You must install the PicVideo MJPEG codec (maybe the Morgan MJPEG would work too). Afterwards, the jumpiness will be gone.

One more thing, the PicVideo MJPEG produces better color dithering and better resulting MPEG quality after using Tmpgenc.

Request - TE25 - Fade to black at start/end of videos No.21709
John  2002-05-21 19:52:43 ( ID:ld4aaq7ibaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would be great if there was a fade-up-from black and fade-down-to-black
option in TMPGEnc, much like the fade-in and fade-out audio options. I have
many AVIs that end abruptly on a still frame and it would be nicer to be able
to fade that image down to black, say over a half-second period... :)

Question - TE25 - SVCD is jerking a little No.21705
marogo  2002-05-21 19:30:15 ( ID:j/ia5tdl3v6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In addition of previous submit.

Its a Pal SVCD.

I burnt it with 2 times speed ran 8 diffrent encoding tests.
only one has significant reduction of stutters. that's the one discribed erlier.

The strange thing is when I encode A VCD it plays flawless.
even when burnt on higher speeds than 2x

But because of the better and sharper image quality I prefer SVCD.
but I keep getting the stutters. who can help me overcome this issue.

ps a use Nero 5.6 with creative cd-rw.

trekchess  2002-05-21 19:43:26 ( ID:tkn5khvwjnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are using XP, depending on your capture device, not using openDL setting in VFAPI, will make every 4 frame repeat it self into every 5th frame, and thus give the stuttering.

willyiam  2002-05-22 14:31:11 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Because of the better and sharper image quality I prefer SVCD.
>but I keep getting the stutters.

Raise the Minium Bitrate to 650

marogo  2002-05-24 17:04:43 ( ID:j/ia5tdl3v6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried raising the bitrate.

min is set at 1800 almost double off 650.

Request - TE25 - Custom Pattern automater for IVTC No.21704
Rajesh  2002-05-21 18:30:59 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The inverse telecine feature is great. I get to manually set the pattern for the entire movie. The problem is that I have to execute it myself. If there was someway that I could create my own pattern and have the program carry it through the entire movie, that would be great. It would also be nice to save these custom patterns under a preset.

Question - TE25 - SVCD plays a little Jerky No.21701
marogo  2002-05-21 17:46:54 ( ID:j/ia5tdl3v6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a small but an anoying problem.
I can create an MPEGII file with outstanding image quality en fine audio.
But when a play it back on my pc or on my stand alone DVD. It doesn't play
fluently it is a bit Jerky Not much but every 10 to 20 sec it holdsback
a little On some players only the image holds back On my player the image jerks
and my audio stops until the video continues This accentuate the the hold back of video. I've encoded first i thought it might have been the VBR audio source in my divx. (I've eleminated that by extracting the audio decode it en reencoded it witch a CBR encoder). Next I thought it could be a peak in the bitrate. I've encoded in a 2 pass VBR with a max bitrate 2520 a min 1900 an average of 2100 And the motion search precision at highest quality.
The GOP structure 2-I 3-P 2-B 1 header and detect scene change
Qauntize matrix al checked
The result is a perfect image quality but i cant get rid of the jerkiness
I've checked the bitrate it does not exceed 2600.

Can someone give me an idea to fix this or tell me what could infuens the smooth
playback of a stream.

I think it could be the negative overflow witch is shown in the log but i do not
know where I can influens that.

If can make it playback smooth without the little hops in the stream We are as close to DVD as i can get.

PLEASE HELP

trekchess  2002-05-21 19:46:59 ( ID:tkn5khvwjnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I see this problem more and more, I believe that there is an error in the Direct Show engine, and the VFW engine.

Try the following:

When having set TMPGENc for encoding, choose File, Preview, and go a little into the clip. Then go forward 1 frame at a time, you will maybe see that every 4 frame is the same as every 5 frame, this cause the stuttering.

OpenDL does not have that problem, but divx, is as far as I know not supported by OpenDL

Minion  2002-05-21 21:13:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This problem most likely has to do with your dvd player, and the fact that when you shrink a image like when you put a "720 by 480" picture in a "480 by 480 or 352 by 240 space you notice the natural shakeing from the film a lot more...unless the shakeing is really bad then i wouldn"t atribute this to shrinking of the frames.....

Question - TE25 - No sound when previewing No.21699
Barry  2002-05-21 16:32:46 ( ID:kqtsqgwdn4a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have made a movie using Pinnacle Studio 7 and have rendered it to a MPEG2 file format with [Audio set at 44100 hz]. The next lower audio setting is 32000 hz. I have also rendered the movie into two separate files [video stream and audio stream]. What I want to do is to tweak the Pinnacle made MPEG2 I have and author it onto a DVD. I have been successful with the video portion but no sound. Tmpeg gives a better picture quality then what Pinnacle alone can produce. I have taken the Pinnacle Mpeg2 file and loaded it into the main window of TMPEG. Tmpeg recognizes that there is video and audio in the same file as it is automatically loaded. When I preview I get no sound. I have demultiplexed this file and still no sound. I have taken the Audio File of the movie rendered by Pinnacle and converted it to a Wav file format and entered the Pinnacle Video only file and the Wav audio file into the main window of Tmpeg. Still no sound when I preview. I have taken the Tmpge demultiplexed audio file and converted to a wav file and loaded into TMPEG along with the Tmpeg demultiplexed video file. I still get no sound when previewing. Good picture No sound!!

Minion  2002-05-22 03:16:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Tmpgenc" will not make your "pinnacle" mpeg look any better.if you want a mpeg that looks better than your pinnacle mpeg you should encode the original avi file.you only get out what you put in so if the mpeg you put in don"t look good then the mpeg you get out won"t look good..But have you tried to encode the vidio and then encode the audio then listen to the audio to make sure it is there then "multiplex" them together..Another thing you can try is try an external audio encoder like "toolame" or "scmpx" and a frequency converter might help, these tools work with "tmpgenc" as external tools in the "enviromental settings"....

Question - TE25 - Sound /video resync. IT works for only the 1st try No.21698
Shalamar  2002-05-21 16:14:01 ( ID:vpwmvpmiiaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

everytime I go to edit a avi, and adjust the sound to sync correctly, it works the first time, but subsequent times it fails. Ideas? it is almost like it is cached, or it isn't clearing a buffer. thanks

Request - TE25 - Add Error recovery please!! No.21696
NewtronX  2002-05-21 12:16:39 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As Minion stated on 05/21 (Tu.) 01:28 "It seems that your file has some errors in it and "tmpgenc" is chokeing on it, what you can try to do is instead of moveing the slider to the part of the movie that you want to encode to ,just type in the frame number ..this has worked for me,"
This is a real world problem I my self have ran into several times when TMPGenc runs into a bad section or error in the Video file your trying to encode it chocks and either stops or errors out closing TMPGenc.
I suggest TMPGenc should have the ability to recover from file errors and or have an option under Tools to repair a bad Video file possibly by cutting the bad frame out. By the way TMPGenc Rules !! So keep up the good job Hori ~NewtronX

ffast  2002-05-21 12:48:05 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is quite difficult to support because of same reason why pause/resume feature can not be supported so easily.

However, I am not asking you to stop requesting, but just wanted to let you know.

Question - TE25 - How to translate divx with ac3 sound to vcd ? No.21693
K  2002-05-21 10:10:24 ( ID:.hy7wfji3wk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ! I have a problem with a divx with AC3 sound.
I first tried to convert it with tmpeg but tmpeg didn t want to open the avi in sound source so I have extracted the audio with virtuadub to video.wav.
Then I have convert the avi video and the wav audio source to a mpeg vcd compatible but (I have the video without problems) there are errors in my final mpeg sound (like if some parts of the sound repeat a bit)
sorry for my bad english language
Thank you in advance !

K  2002-05-21 12:53:17 ( ID:.hy7wfji3wk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

oK I have find a way to convert AC3 Divx to vcd:
1- Extract the AC3 audio from AVI with "Virtuadub" (-> audio.wav)
2- rename your audio.wav to audio.ac3
3- Extract your audio.ac3 with "PX3sAC3->WAV" to audio_ok.wav
(http://www.dvd-digest.net/downloads/files/encode/px3conv_004.zip or http://www.dvd-digest.tv/downloads/files/encode/px3conv_004.zip)
4- Run TMPEnc with your AC3 Divx as video source and your audio_ok.wav as audio source
Now you have your mpeg video with a perfect sound !

Minion  2002-05-21 21:17:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is much easier get a program called "ac3 decode" you just load your file in and it makes a wav file out of your ac3 audio,"virtua dub" does not decode ac3 very well..

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.