Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 505 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 I would like to contribute to the project Salvador 2 2003-04-02 14:40:37
Question TE25 odd drifting problem a roman 5 2003-04-02 12:26:00
Question TE25 Adding subtitles to avi movie micmir 1 2003-04-01 22:48:29
Question TE25 Best DVD settings sjhc1177 6 2003-04-02 21:48:18
Question TE25 mpeg4 rrollins 1 2003-04-01 22:41:43
Question TE25 black preview erskin 1 2003-04-01 22:38:24
Question TE25 TMPEGEnc - White lines around movement Sandy 1 2003-04-01 02:33:15
Question TE25 Encoding DIV3 Dave 1 2003-03-31 23:15:27
Question TE25 Specific time ripping Jribbe1 4 2003-04-02 21:39:31
Question TE25 Studio 7 or 8 (MJPEG) files could not be converted Bus Kees 9 2003-04-02 15:06:47
Question TE25 Specific time ripping Jribbe1 1 2003-03-31 22:28:18
Free talk TE25 "Write error occurred at address 77F536F7 of module..." Tan 0 2003-03-31 05:23:14

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 505 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - I would like to contribute to the project No.35969
Salvador  2003-04-01 17:51:04 ( ID:co9r8bkkabf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How may I contact the author? I was trying to find an email on the page but wasn't able to.

Minion  2003-04-01 23:07:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is supposed to be Hori"s home page "http://www.tmpgenc.net/hori/" but good luck getting in touch with him or him even takeing you seriously cuz I"m sure he has all the help he needs.....

Ashy  2003-04-02 14:40:37 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only chance you have of contacting Mr. Hori is through Pegasys. All other links are defunct.
What is it you wish to contribute?

ASHY

Question - TE25 - odd drifting problem No.35963
a roman  2003-04-01 17:28:00 ( ID:oeken0sigtm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i would be most appreciative if anyone can help me out with this problem i'm having.
thank you in advance!
here's my situation. . .
i am "ripping" from a DVD.
i am using flaskmpeg to covert the dvd files to avi files so i can edit them in adobe premiere and then re-encode them for burning on a new DVD.
i am using uncompressed avi files to preserve quality.
the results have been sensational for my purposes except for one thing. . .
after re-encoding with TMPGE, the audio and video seem to drift out of synch.
i've checked the original avi before encoding and the synch is perfect.
the problem exists only after encoding back mpeg-2.
in fact, i'm finding that even if i use the original avi in TMPGE, there's still a drifting issue.
i've even imported a separate wav file as the audio source, created in virtual dub from the original avi with the same result.
the show is only ten minutes long (out of print music performances from a raw source that I wanted to "polish" up).

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

andy

Ashy  2003-04-01 18:17:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly why are you doing it this way? Your method is a long way round and Flask is now an outdated program which most people have moved on from.

There is no need to create this intermediate AVI.
Just use DVD2AVI to create a d2v project file from the VOBS then use the VFAPI converter to create a dummy AVI and load into Premier then use the Video server plugin to export to TMPG.

Details can be found here on the plugin:
http://www.videotools.net/index.php?rub=guides&htm=premiere_tmpgenc.htm

ASHY

a roman  2003-04-01 18:59:18 ( ID:oeken0sigtm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I sincerely appreciate your help. . .
i downloaded DVD2AVI.
i'm having difficulties creating this dummy avi.
would you be so kind as to enumerate the procedure?
once again, many many thanks!!

andy

a roman  2003-04-01 19:09:54 ( ID:oeken0sigtm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I sincerely appreciate your help. . .
i downloaded DVD2AVI.
i'm having difficulties creating this dummy avi.
would you be so kind as to enumerate the procedure?
once again, many many thanks!!

andy

Minion  2003-04-01 23:12:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To make a Dummy AVI out of a D2V file you will need to Download the "Vfapi Converter" then install the Vfapi Codec, then you can load in the D2V file into the Vfapi Converter and click "convert" and it will make a AVI file with No audio, then you can load the AVI into Premier and use the Audio extracted with DVD2AVI as the Audio track, then do your editing and arrange everything on the Timeline the way you want then you can either use the Video Server plugin to evport the File to Tmpgenc or Use one of the Many Mpeg encoder Plugins for Premier like CCE or Procoder or MainConcept....

Ashy  2003-04-02 12:26:00 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is a gude how to use DVD2AVI with the VFAPI converter.
http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/DVD2AVI.htm

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Adding subtitles to avi movie No.35961
micmir  2003-04-01 16:12:29 ( ID:evcjzc5fbsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to add subtitles to an avi movie using VirtualDub and TMPGenc.I followed the tutorial on dvdrhelp.com but have the following problem.After creating a vdr file with VirtualDub I should open it with TMPGenc.But it can't be opened with this program.I have tried several other movie and subtitle files.I do have the right system and memory and processing time,so that shouldn't be the problem.Anyone out there who wants to help?I'd really appreciate it.

Minion  2003-04-01 22:48:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First Make sure you installed the V-Dub Handler, without the Handler installed the Frame serveing will not work, it is easy if you haven"t allready done so, just run the "AuxSetup.exe" file in the V-Dub folder, then click "Install Handler" and Press OK, then if it doesn"t work try dis-ableing the "Direct Show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" in Tmpgenc, this should work, and to make sure that everything is set up Properly open another instance of V-Dub and load in the "VDR" file and see if it is displayed in the V-Dub window, if it shows up then every thing is set up correctly...

Question - TE25 - Best DVD settings No.35954
sjhc1177  2003-04-01 13:59:19 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone tell me the best setting for making a DivX downloaded movie back into a DVD-r.

Thanks, Steven

Ashy  2003-04-01 17:53:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do people ask this?
There is no such thing as a 'best setting'. It all depends on your needs and what you perceive as being best. What one psrson thinks is best is not necessarily what the next person thinks.
Also just asking this sort of question without giving any info on the source is almost impossible to answer. Give us more info. I.E. It's frame rate, it's resolution, the audio format and so on and we may be able to give you some guidelines, but in the end it's gonna be up to you how you continue.

ASHY

sjhc1177  2003-04-02 02:40:35 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok I'll try this again.

I have downloaded Divx DVD movies that I want to burn to DVD-r. I currently use the SVCD standard of :

Mpg2
480x480
cq 65%
2500-4000

What should I change to make copies to burn to DVD's? Or should I use the Standard DVD settings that came with the program?

As these setting will only make 2 files 700mb. Should I increase the cq to 100% and 4000-4000.....

Steven

Ashy  2003-04-02 12:31:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Before re-encoding anything try this method which works in most players.
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/svcddvdr.htm

ASHY

Ashy  2003-04-02 12:45:54 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok forget that, I just re-read your reply.
As for using TMPG the standard template settings should be more than enough, but do not re-encode the audio if it is Ac3. Just de-multiplex it from the AVI and import it into your DVD authoring program with your movie.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-04-02 12:55:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>As these setting will only make 2 files 700mb. Should I increase the cq to 100% and 4000-4000.....

What?
That setting is totally pointless as it's practically a CBR encoding at 4000. DVD Allows VBR encoding and is the best way to go. Having the miniumum at 4000 is just wasting valuable bitrate which should be used for more complicated scenes which require higher bitrates.

Commercial DVD's are encoded using a bitrate of 2000 kb/s min to 9800 kb's max. The TMPG template uses 2000 kb/s to 8000 kb/s so should suit your needs, but you still didn't give me any more info than you gave in the first post.
It's no good telling me what format you used to encode to. It is the format of the source AVI which is important.

Read my first post again and this time be clear about the AVI's format.

ASHY

Minion  2003-04-02 21:48:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another thing you got to realize is that Not all files are Suited for makeing Standard DVD"s out of..If the AVI file you have has a Really Low resolution like "352+240" then this File would not make a Good Standard DVD because you would have to resize the image up to "720+480/576-Pal" which would make you loose a Lot of Detail and definition, But there are other DVD Standards that you can use Like "352+240/288" and "352+480/576", these standards are more suited to files that have a Low resolution..You should go to "http://www.dvdrhelp.com/" and read up a Bunch on DVD standarts and Makeing DVD"s, you will find the Info very usefull...

Question - TE25 - mpeg4 No.35952
rrollins  2003-04-01 13:43:12 ( ID:fah6klt7utn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"3" the new mobile network operator has recently launched the 3G network in the UK including new data services such as video messaging and video calling. These services use video compressed as mpeg4.

Does anyome know of a way I can produce mpeg4 from standard avi?

Cheers,

-- Richard

Minion  2003-04-01 22:41:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mpeg-4 is AVI, there are Many different Mpeg-4 codecs, DivX is Mpeg-4 and so is XviD, Most files downloaded off the Net from P2P Sites are Mpeg-4, if your AVI file isn"t allready Mpeg-4 you just need to compress it to Mpeg-4 with one of the Many Mpeg-4 Codecs....

Question - TE25 - black preview No.35950
erskin  2003-04-01 10:01:51 ( ID:atveot1kk0f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am trying to use the free version on a P4 2.53/512 ddr/ win2k pro system. the preview screen is black and i can not use the software.

is this a known problem and is there a way to get the preview.

tks

Minion  2003-04-01 22:38:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried Raiseing the Priority of the Direct show file reader in the Vfapi Plugins??? this will usually get the Preview to show an image...Go to "Options" to "Enviromental settings" to "vfapi Plugins" and raise the "direct show" to "2"....

Question - TE25 - TMPEGEnc - White lines around movement No.35948
Sandy  2003-04-01 02:13:27 ( ID:cqkf6rh9npj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recently tried TMPEGEnc to encode a 20GB AVI File as I would like to convert many of my old BW movies to DVD. I captured the AVI file (video and audio) through my Digital Sony HandyCam (connected to my video recorder) via Premier 6.5. The 20GB movie plays perfectly on the pc.

I used a Bitrate of 6000bps for the TMPEGEnc conversion so the movie would fit on a 4.7GB DVD-R. When I previewed the MPEG conversion, much of the movie had noticeable white lines around the moving areas. eg a person walking swinging their arms.

Can someone help me fix this?

Much appreciated,
sd

Minion  2003-04-01 02:33:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

These are Interlace lines ,they are a Part of the Video ,Without them there wouldn"t be a Picture, Generally they should not show up on your TV when watching the Movie Cuz TV sets are made to display Interlaced Content were a Computer Monitor is not made to display Interlaced content But Progressive content, But if they really Bother you then you can use a Deinterlace filter then they should not show up when viewing on a Computer monitor But they can slightly blur the immage depending on what type of De-interlace filter you use...

Question - TE25 - Encoding DIV3 No.35946
Dave  2003-03-31 22:58:13 ( ID:il3vjyqwtsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi! Is there any way to encode from a *DIV3* divx file to MPG? TMPGEnc doesn't seem to support them. Is there a plug-in to encode those files ?

Ashy  2003-03-31 23:15:27 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yo need to install FFDSHOW.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Specific time ripping No.35941
Jribbe1  2003-03-31 20:04:40 ( ID:hs7soc1kygo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I dont know if this has been asked before but i am going to ask it. Is it possible to rip just a specific time set out of a dvd using your software for exaple i only want to rip 00:02:44 - 00:04:43 minutes out of a dvd. If not will that feature ever be available. Thx for your time

Ashy  2003-03-31 22:21:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the source range filter under the advanced tab.

ASHY

jribbe1  2003-04-02 02:46:37 ( ID:hs7soc1kygo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did not see any advanced tab, and furthermore can this software even rip straight off a dvd.

Ashy  2003-04-02 16:53:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To locate the advanced tab press the setting button.
You will not be able to rip a specific time with a ripper. You see you can only rip DVD at certain points. TMPG will never support ripping as this is supposedly illegal.

What are you doing with this file? Re-encoding it? If so just rip the whole movie then use the source range filter as I have said.

If you do not wish to encode then use this program to visually select the part you want to cut: http://www.digital-miner.com/chopperxp.html

or use this program which comes with the new M2v plugin for TMPG which is more accurate and can cut at any I frame:
http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box?systran_lp=ja_en&systran_id=SystranSoft-en&systran_url=http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/&systran_f=1048901668

ASHY

Minion  2003-04-02 21:39:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You allready Asked this same Question and Nothing has changed since then, Tmpgenc doesn"t Rip DVD"s...But yes you can rip Certain area"s off of a DVD, but it doesn"t use a Time code so you can"t put in the Exact time you want to rip but you can rip Chapters off of a DVD..You would be better off Ripping the Whole DVD With SmartRipper then use DVD2AVI to set up the areas of the DVD you want to encode, then encode those areas with Tmpgenc..But Tmpgenc does NOT RIP DVD"s, it Just encode"s to Mpeg and can convert to AVI formats...You can use the "Source Range" as Ashy say"s to choose the specific area of the Vob file that you want to encode, but only after you have ripped the DVD to your Hard drive and Use DVD2AVI to make a Project file...

Question - TE25 - Studio 7 or 8 (MJPEG) files could not be converted No.35931
Bus Kees  2003-03-31 19:53:22 ( ID:q6srlg5vl/g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In addition to threads already existing about this issue, the following:

I have made several MJPEG-Avi's in Studio 7. Since the MPEG encoder from Pinnacle is a bit "crappy" I'd like to try to make a DVD compliant MPEG-2 with TMPGenc. Doing so I get the anouncement: "cannot open or unsupported". The problem seems to be the Pinnacle MJPEG-codec. This has been installed with the captureboard "DC-10+". Not only TMPGenc gives this problem but, for example, Virtual Dub too. In my opinion, the codec cannot be found by the programs.

When I search for the codecs in Win XP,(Control panel-sounds & audio devices-hardware-videocodecs)I see several Pinnacle codecs, but not the MJPEG one. The MJPEG-capture board is mentioned one level up (hardware). Probably the codec is "hardware" MJPEG but WMPlayer can play the file flawlessly. I tried to convert the files in other formats first, but in my opinion with too much loss of quality for converting again to MPEG-2 (The source is analog too, you see??...)

I guess there must be a solution for this problem, but for a year or so, I read about this problem, but no one seems to know the solution.....

Who can provide THE solution without suggestions like: "convert first to....", the only good way is through the Pinnacle codec. Pinnacle doesn't give support on third party prg's.....

Minion  2003-03-31 22:40:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the Problem seems that you need a Codec that will decode the Pinnacle Mjpeg format, I know your Capture Card does Hardware Mjpeg encodeing but the Must be a Way to use the card to capture to a Different Format...

Minion  2003-03-31 22:43:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PS: I know some Pinnacle Codecs are Propietary Formats which means that only Pinnacle Software can decode the format, They do this so you can"t use any third Party Software to decode/encode the Format to any other Format so you are forced to use Pinnacle Software to convert the format to any other format..

Ashy  2003-03-31 23:31:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Morgan M-JPEG codec is apparantly able to decode most proprietary MJPEG formats including pinnacle. http://www.morgan-multimedia.com/technicalsV3.htm

ASHY

Bus Kees  2003-04-01 20:23:46 ( ID:q6srlg5vl/g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion and Ashy,

Both thanks for replying. Yes I captured with the DC10+ board in hardware MJPEG. What bothers me, is that for example WMPlayer plays the AVI file without any added codec. So there must be a way to let TMPGenc communicate with the MJPEG codec. With my previous capture/videocard (Matrox Marvel) AVI's were also made with a hardware MJPEG codec. TMPGenc has no problem with that one. Probably it is the path to the codec which is not correct. Other programs are also struggling with this matter, but some players don't have any problem with it (Windows Media Player, Power DVD etc).

I already downloaded the trial version of the Morgan codec Ashy, but no matter the settings, it gives a terrible quality (It did better with Matrox MJPEG-files) Since I want to make DVD compliant files with the AVI's this is not an option for me, but thanks anyway.

I hope some "video-crack" is reading this also and can provide me with a solution. There MUST be a way, I'm a believer....... I wish I could contact Hori-san to tell about the problem, I'm sure he can solve it.

Once solved I want to buy the "plus" version.. In any case, thanks for your "mindmelts".....

Another question: What kind of file do I create for burning to DVD?? "System" or "ES-Video & audio" ?? I tried "System, but Nero won't accept it....

Oh, and sorry about my poor English, I'm from Holland.....

Minion  2003-04-01 22:36:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When Makeing a DVD With Nero you can not Just load the Mpeg files into Nero ,You have to use an authoring Program first to Format the Mpeg files into a Video-TS Folder, then use Nero to Burn the Video-TS folder to Disk, But Most authoring Programs Will also Burn the Video-TS Folder to disk so there isn"t that Much need For Nero..Nero is Good if you are makeing a DVD Backup or if you are useing something like DVD2One to backup a DVD, so if you are Going to make a DVD out of a Mpeg file you have to get yourself a DVD Authoring program, Even if Nero could Format the Mpeg file to be burned to a DVD you wouldn"t want it to anyways Cuz nero doesn"t let you add Chapters or menu"s or Titles and that is what a authoring Program will do..DVD Authoring Programs come in all sorts of Qualities and Price Ranges, you can get a Pretty Basic one for under $100 US(convert it to your Currency) and some of the High Quality ones can cost in the Thousands...

Bus Kees  2003-04-02 12:58:44 ( ID:q6srlg5vl/g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,

Thanks for your info, this was what I needed. Probably I could have got the info elswhere too, but I couldn't find it, and I'm a lot wiser now. I'll try to figure out where to get such an authoring program, so I can make my home-made DVD's.

You've (Minion & Ashy) been very helpfull and now I'm trying to figure out the hardware MJPEG stuff. Otherwise I have to convert my files first into Indeo 5.10-Avi for the time-beýÏg and testing purposes.

Greetzz, Kees

Ashy  2003-04-02 13:11:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Yes I captured with the DC10+ board in hardware MJPEG. What bothers me, is that for example WMPlayer plays the AVI file without any added codec. So there must be a way to let TMPGenc communicate with the MJPEG codec

Not necessarily it all depends on the codec. TMPG and many other applications will not work with certain codecs just because mediaplayer does. This may be because they are locked from use by any other software or simply just can't be used as external filters by Directshow.

>I already downloaded the trial version of the Morgan codec Ashy, but no matter the settings, it gives a terrible quality (It did better with Matrox MJPEG-files) Since I want to make DVD compliant files with the AVI's this is not an option for me, but thanks anyway.

What do you mean terrible quality. I have seen no quality reduction when importing MJPEG files of my own. Have you tried the PICVIDEO codec which is supposed to give better quality and may be better for you.
http://www.pegasusimaging.com/picvideomjpeg.htm

>Another question: What kind of file do I create for burning to DVD?? "System" or "ES-Video & audio" ?? I tried "System, but Nero won't accept it....

This all depends on your intended output format. "ES-Video & audio" will create a seperate video and wav file which can be imported into any DVD program. 'System video+audio' will create a combined Video and mp2 audio file.

Either way you have to use DVD authoring software. Nero doesn't deal directly with these files.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-04-02 14:48:12 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you still think the codec should be detected by any software try downloading Graphedit and see if it is listed in the Directshow filters. If not you can't use it.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-04-02 15:06:47 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One other thought. Are you sure that mediaplayer is using this hardware codec. Mediaplayer comes with inbuilt support for MJPEG (albeit a bit slow)if DirectX 8/9 is installed. Any other compatible software should also be able to use this codec again check with Graphedit.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Specific time ripping No.35929
Jribbe1  2003-03-31 15:49:13 ( ID:hs7soc1kygo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I dont know if this has been asked before but i am going to ask it. Is it possible to rip just a specific time set out of a dvd using your software for exaple i only want to rip 00:02:44 - 00:04:43 minutes out of a dvd. If not will that feature ever be available. Thx for your time

Minion  2003-03-31 22:28:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you can do this yourself..With SmartRipper you can rip individual chapters,Cells,Vob files, and if the Part you want isn"t a Chapter ect you can use DVD2AVI to make a D2V file for just the part you want to encode...But that particular feature will Never be available in Tmpgenc Cuz Tmpgenc does not Rip DVD"s...

Free talk - TE25 - "Write error occurred at address 77F536F7 of module..." No.35928
Tan  2003-03-31 05:23:14 ( ID:mnynxcojmyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay everyone, I guess I fixed my own problem. I had problems just encoding my avi's to mpg, with this write error popping everytime. Well to help those who may have this problem, all u need to do is install nimo. Now it allowed me to change Enough to mpg, meanwhile my 8 miles was green and very choppy. Now I have just uninstalled Nimo and it lets me change it to Mpg. If this doesnt help anybody, Im sorry it did for me and good luck to you.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.