Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 487 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Why doesn't the audio track match up? JamesX 1 2003-04-30 18:48:31
Question TE25 Problems after installing 2.511.51.160 Tomas 1 2003-04-30 21:00:13
Question TE25 after cut and merge 2 clips there is not AUDIO ink 0 2003-04-30 12:47:28
Question TE25 Mr. Experimentator 1 2003-04-30 20:54:09
Question TE25 Why it encoded video but no Audio??? JamesX 4 2003-05-02 02:20:10
Question TE25 Mr. JamesX 1 2003-04-30 20:50:39
Question TE25 Problem with new TMPGEnc version 2.511.51.160 spmiz12 1 2003-04-30 08:36:36
Question TE25 Audio-Encode wav with video or mux wav after video encode ? Pupster 1 2003-04-30 08:33:58
Question TE25 ASHY & Minion.. Fess 4 2003-05-02 02:34:51
Question TE25 Avi with Mp3 Audio Dominic 3 2003-04-30 20:45:40
Question TE25 No mono bpn 3 2003-04-29 21:41:24
Question TE25 Bitrate Adjustment ? Pupster 1 2003-04-29 08:08:20

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 487 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Why doesn't the audio track match up? No.36644
JamesX  2003-04-30 18:02:34 ( ID:7p8z2putkxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I started the encoding for the AVI to Mpeg file last night and it is done. The AVI file was split into 2 parts. Since there is no Audio track I extracted the audio into wav format using virtualdub.

The first half of the AVI encoded perfectly. From beginning to end the audio matches up perfectly.

The second part the audio is skewed. I overlapped the 2 parts by 5 seconds-ish. It is strange that that 5 seconds in the first part is normal while the second part's 5 seconds is skewed.

Does anyone know why TMPGEnc does that? Is there a work-around besides manually setting the audio displacement (Which isn't very accurate)?

wcpaul  2003-04-30 18:48:31 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If TMPG is having a problem merging AVI and WAV, try using AviSynth.

vid1 = AVISource("file1.avi")
aud1 = WAVsource("file1.wav")
vid2 = AVISource("file2.avi")
aud2 = WAVsource("file2.wav")

AudioDub(vid1,aud1) ++ AudioDub(vid2,aud2) # Aligned splice

This will truncate or pad audio for the first file to keep the second one in sync.

It the AVI files contain audio the script is simply:

AVISource("file1.avi") ++ AVISource("file2.avi")

Question - TE25 - Problems after installing 2.511.51.160 No.36642
Tomas  2003-04-30 17:00:44 ( ID:w9nioantxtg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I dawnlodad and installed new version and ... @#$%!

This is what I think happened:
My previous registered version was installed to D: location. While installing the new version it got installed to C: location and I didn't realized that (it was really late at night). I looked at the old location (D:) for the .exe file and I could not find it so I thought something went wrong with the new installation. Then hoping to fix the problem I unzipped the old version into the old location (D:) and while try to run it I got the unregistered version and there is no way of registering it with my old key. Then I discovered (!!!) the new version on the C: drive and removed it. Then I repeated the installation process again trying to use the new or the old version however every time I get the unregistered version without a possibility to register it.

I got myself into this big mess. Can it be fixed? Please HEEELP.

Minion  2003-04-30 21:00:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Delete All versions of Tmpgenc on your System and Use a Registry cleaner to Clean out ALL Tmpgenc registry entries..Then Install Tmpgenc and Register it, But you still might not be able to Register the new version with your Old Reg Key..I have a Registered Version also But my Reg Number will not work on the New Version, I guess you can only update Tmpgenc so Many times...

Question - TE25 - after cut and merge 2 clips there is not AUDIO No.36641
ink  2003-04-30 12:47:28 ( ID:oym/mr6d9fj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cut a clip mpeg(audio+video) to 3 parts with TMPGenc and after merge 2 of this parts to 1 clip but there is'nt audio in new clip.what is happen??

Question - TE25 - Mr. No.36639
Experimentator  2003-04-30 12:47:08 ( ID:5ygxifykfug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi folks,
I made a few MPEGs (VCD) and it works very fine...now I want to make AVI's with TMPGEnc. My first AVI's are OK ( I used "unlock" for size/aspect ratio).
But my question is : Does anybody know a good Tutorial (eng/ger) for AVI's using TMPGEnc ??? I only found (S)VCD-Tuts via Google...

Thanks

Minion  2003-04-30 20:54:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well No, Most poeple do not use Tmpgenc for creating AVI Files because there are Better Programs for this, like Virtual Dub....

Question - TE25 - Why it encoded video but no Audio??? No.36634
JamesX  2003-04-30 08:51:40 ( ID:kj8mq8mrgmm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to encode a DivX file into Mpeg1 for VCD. The video came out great, but there is no Audio. I played the Divx avi file file in Media Player 9.0. Does anyone know why this is so? or how to fix it?

JamesX  2003-04-30 09:08:33 ( ID:kj8mq8mrgmm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Following the advices on this board I extracted the audio as wave using virtualdub. When I opened the avi file it gave me this message

"VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility."

Is this why TMPGEnc can't encode the audio from just the AVI file?

Minion  2003-04-30 20:52:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, this is Exactly why Tmpgenc doesn"t like the Audio, for this Format it is Best to use "Virtual Dub-Mod" to extract the audio...

JamesX  2003-05-01 01:15:00 ( ID:7p8z2putkxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I extracted the wav file. And used the TMPGEnc to encode it into mpeg file. Since the avi file is too big to fit on 1 disk, I had to split it into 2 mpeg files.

The first mpeg file worked fine. The 2nd one has a audio track that seems delayed for a second or so. I noticed that in VirtualDub if I select the wave file as the audio track and play it, it will only work properly when I start from the very beginning. If I start at any frame beyond that I get the same audio track delay. I even re-encoded the avi file as a new AVI but with the wav file as the sound source. It still has the same error as before.

Is there a program out there that can fix this? so that if I cut the AVI into 2 MPG files, the second file will work properly?

Minion  2003-05-02 02:20:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well don"t Split the AVI into 2 Parts before encodeing it, split the Mpeg in Parts after you have encoded it, Cuz it seems that the Sync Problem is being introduced in Virtual Dub...

Question - TE25 - Mr. No.36632
JamesX  2003-04-30 08:48:56 ( ID:kj8mq8mrgmm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to encode a DivX file into Mpeg1 for VCD. The video came out great, but there is no Audio. I played the Divx avi file file in Media Player 9.0. Does anyone know why this is so? or how to fix it?

Minion  2003-04-30 20:50:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should have at least looked for your Answer before posting Because this Question is asked and answered Many Times a Day, you need to extract the audio to Wav Format with Something like "Virtual dub_Mpeg2_AC3" then use the Wav file as the audio source..The audio in DivX files is Usually AC3 or VBR MP3 and Tmpgenc does not support these Formats as an audio source...

Question - TE25 - Problem with new TMPGEnc version 2.511.51.160 No.36630
spmiz12  2003-04-30 04:47:03 ( ID:gpluo5oym7l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just loaded new 30 day trial version and attempted to encode a mpeg2 file but when I got to encode step I received notice that "MPEG-2 trial period has expired". Now what am I to do, I haven't even got the opportunity to evaluate the product to see if I like??????

Please help........

Minion  2003-04-30 08:36:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will Only get this message if you have used Tmpgenc at some point in the Past, even if you just downloaded it and Ran the program once then deleted it you will get the Message..You only get one Chance and this is it....

Question - TE25 - Audio-Encode wav with video or mux wav after video encode ? No.36628
Pupster  2003-04-29 23:32:11 ( ID:4fzyjf0xypa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, it is me again...

I extract the audio of my avi with VirtualDub Mpeg.
But, is it best to encode only the avi video to MPEG and then mux it with the audio, or use the wav as the audio source during the encoding process.

I have tried to research this on previous BBS responses, but I am still not clear.

I keep downloading and trying other encoding software but keep coming back to TMPGEnc, this software is GREAT !

Thanks

Minion  2003-04-30 08:33:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I usually Use a Seperate Encoder to encode the audio then Mux the audio with the Mpeg video But that Is just me it"s Probably more convienient and easier to Encode the wav file with the AVI video in Tmpgenc to mpeg..There other Good encoders like Procoder ,CCE and MainConcept But tmpgenc is definately one of the easiest to use and Least expensive....

Question - TE25 - ASHY & Minion.. No.36623
Fess  2003-04-29 17:17:44 ( ID:1kl8t4ktd1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY & Minion..

How's it going? I've recently received through snail mail a invitation to attend a 2003 'AVID' presentation in New York. Have you guys ever heard of AVID. They are purporting a new solution called AVID DNA.

The price of their products made my palms sweat. I'm interested in hearing what you guys have to say about AVID if you have any experience with them and their products.

The website is:
http://www.avid.com/index_fl.asp
http://www.avid.com/dnatour/

Regards
Fess

Minion  2003-04-29 21:55:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I have "AVID Express DV 3.5" and it is a Good DV editor with a Lot of Features, and AVID is Used Quite a Lot in Profecinal Editing Studios, But there is no Major advantage useing AVID as opposed to something Like "Adobe Premier 6.5" or "Pinnacle Editing DV 4.5" or even "Vegas Video 4" accept for a Few Bells and Whistles,and they are Quite Pricey to say the least but isn"t all software these Days?? anyways I"m sure that the presentation will Be Quite interesting ,and you never know you might meet some studio Big wigs there..I actually Got invited to a Ulead Video editing Workshop in L.A in a Couple Months But it is much too Far away to go for me...Anyways I"m sure it will be interesting..Have Fun....

Fess  2003-04-30 00:32:45 ( ID:lpkgk9shi0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minon..

Thanks for the input. I was wondering if it was something spectacular. Maybe I'll attend if nothing else comes up. Its only 15mins away for my pad and the 'free' executive lunch is always a welcome perk.

Regards
Fess

wcpaul  2003-04-30 19:13:47 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, as someone who spent just $48 for my MPEG encoder and $179 for my editor (Ulead MSP Director's Cut), I can't help putting in 2 cents here.

AVID products are skewed toward volume production environments. They charge a premium for speed, high reliability, expert user interface, and effects that are only needed for shows like "Bluetorch TV" on ESPN2. If you are not under deadline to crank out a daily production like that, you might get away a lot cheaper.

And their DV tag screams 4:1:1 to me. It would be very limiting if their $1000 (!) "AVID Express DV 3.5" product is hardwired to a 4:1:1 DV codec. That rules out working with high resolution analog source and makes croma keying difficult.

Minion  2003-05-02 02:34:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I actually have No Problem Useing AVID DV 3.5 for Editing Captured Files, Usually Raw YUY2,or HuffyUV...I also ame the Proud owner of Ulead Media Studio Pro 7, and Find it a Really Good Program with a Lot of Improvements over the 6.5 version, I think this is why I got invited to that Workshop in L.A Cuz I have Registered Allmost Every Product that Ulead has ever Put out and Only Special repeat Coustomers get invited...

Question - TE25 - Avi with Mp3 Audio No.36619
Dominic  2003-04-29 12:55:12 ( ID:01e9/vhba52 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a large avi file that uses mp3 encoding for its audio layer. I have tried to convert this to mpeg for burning to VCD by way of Tmpg Enc, but the output file has no audio, and while selecting the source range for file splitting, I have found that the audio does not display.
From what I understand reading the FAQ, this program does not properly support mp3 audio, but it does suggest using an external program. As a new user, I'm in the dark here.
What do I need to do to have the audio layer added to the mpeg file so it can be burned to VCD (using VCDEasy)??

Thanks...

Minion  2003-04-29 21:44:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably just need to Extract the audio from the AVI to WAV format useing something like "Virtual Dub", then use the Wav file as your Audio source...

Dominic  2003-04-30 19:54:17 ( ID:01e9/vhba52 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not having attempted an operation like that before, I have to ask: how high is the risk of getting the audio out of sync with the video? Is there a way to force sync?

Thanks.

Minion  2003-04-30 20:45:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Generally speaking there should be No risk..it will only go out of sync if the Extracted audio somehow Gets longer or Shorter than the Original audio..I personally Have never had a Sync Problem caused by Extracting audio, then again I do not use the Program that most poeple use to Extract audio, I usually use a Profecinal audio/Video editor like "Vegas Video 4" or "Sound Forge 6" to extract the audio, if you have access to a Program like this then use it as it is Probably more reliable than Virtual Dub....

Question - TE25 - No mono No.36615
bpn  2003-04-29 02:46:17 ( ID:9uorgwy4h3o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I click on "Settings" and then "Audio" I can't select Mono.
Shouldnt I be able to do that ?

I can select, stereo, joint-stereo, and dual channel.

Thanks,
Bpn

Minion  2003-04-29 08:10:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It might help if you said WHY you can"t choose "Mono", It is the Choice on the Bottom.....But why would you want to use Mono????

bpn  2003-04-29 13:20:33 ( ID:9uorgwy4h3o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't select it because the option to select it isn't in the dropdown box called "Channel Mode".
I don't see the word Mono anywhere, only the 3 other options.

The reason I know it should be there, is because I saw a tutorial yesterday
with screenshots, and on those I saw he could select Mono

Thanks,
Bpn

Minion  2003-04-29 21:41:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well On my Version there are 4 options and Mono is the One on the Bottom, I don"t know why you would not have the Option, it is a Mystery to Me, if for some wierd reason you want Mono audio you can allways use a seperate audio encoder with a Mono Option...

Question - TE25 - Bitrate Adjustment ? No.36613
Pupster  2003-04-29 02:11:34 ( ID:4fzyjf0xypa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am new to this so bear with me.

I am trying to burn VCD's. Most of the movies I have are split into two AVI's under 700MB. When I encode them with TMPGEnc I end up with files sizes above 900MB which will not fit on a standard cd. I use Virtual Dub to strip the audio off into a wav and mux it with the encoded file.

As I understand it the resulting encoded file size is dependant upon the bitrate of the AVI being encoded. I am willing to lose a little quality for smaller file size.

Is there a way to modify the bitrate of my AVI's so I can end up with useable MPEGS file sizes ?

Can this be done during the encoding with TMPGEnc or is there another software I can use to accomplish this ?

Thank you so much for your help !!!

Minion  2003-04-29 08:08:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

<As I understand it the resulting encoded file size is dependant upon the bitrate of the AVI being encoded. I am willing to lose a little quality for smaller file size.>

NO.. You got this Totally Wrong, the Size of the Mpeg file has Absolutly NOTHING to do with the Bitrate of the Source AVI file..I has to do with the Bitrate of the Mpeg File..It doesn"t matter if the AVI file is 1MB or a 1,000,000GB, it All has to do with the Length of the AVI file and the Bitrate used to encode the AVI file to Mpeg, Not the Bitrate used to encode the AVI file in the First Place...As a General Rule VCD"s will Be 10MB per Minute, so you Can fit Close to 80 Minutes of VCD on a 80min 700MB CD-R (You can get 800mb of mpeg on a 700mb CD-R)..You will allmost allways Have to put every Whole movie on 2 CD-R"s, if you Lower the Bitrate of the Mpeg file you can make the File smaller but on your TV it will Look Terrorable, it might look OK on your Monitor in a Small Window but on your TV it will Look Much worse,I think it is Best to Raise the Bitrate to about 1600kbs and Put 60 minutes of VCD on each CD-R with Much better Quality Cut you will have to Put most movies on 2 CD-R"s anyways..Say you have a 120 minute Movie(2-Hours) and you encode it at the Standard VCD Bitrate, then you will end up with a File about 1.2gb which you will have to split and Put on 2 CD-R"s at 600mb per CD, But then you are wasteing 200MB on Each CD-R, so wouldn"t it be better to encode at 1600kbs and end up with a 1.6gb File that you split into 2 800mb Parts which would fill 2 CD-R"s with Much better Quality..Or you can Lower the Bitrate to about 775kbs and the audio to 128kbs and Put it all on One CD-R and Have it Look absolutly Horrible..But if that is what you want to do then you Have to load the "Unlock.mfc" Template from the "Extra" Folder and it will Unlock all of the Settings so you can adjust the Bitrate and other settings, But if you lower the Bitrate you will Have to set the "System" setting to "Video-CD Non-Standard" or your File will not get smaller But it will still Look Bad...And it might be a Good Idea to Encode your Files as One then edit them after encodeing ,Or you can use the "Source Range" to choose the Part of the File you want to encode....Well Good Luck....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.