Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 450 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 newbie: Sound is too "slow" Joerg Kuehnel 1 2003-07-17 18:27:13
Question TE25 size of files binniew 2 2003-07-19 12:32:55
Question TE25 Entering Regestration code Quinny 1 2003-07-17 13:31:13
Question TE25 SVCDs volume Alex 2 2003-07-17 18:17:39
Question TDA1 Does someone moderate this forum? debennett2 4 2005-01-10 16:39:42
Question TE25 size of avi files binniew 1 2003-07-17 05:43:55
Question TE25 Program Closes when using Wizard pjhorton21 0 2003-07-16 21:27:00
Question TE25 converted avi contains purple shadows Det Schneider 6 2003-07-18 00:44:12
Question TE25 Encoding Doesn't Stop PieOPah 2 2003-07-18 08:17:00
Question TE25 FRAME COMPARATOR software Amanda 1 2003-07-16 09:28:07
Question TE25 DVD can't read data fast enough smash 1 2003-07-16 09:21:35
Question TE25 How to get started? Apaiidah 1 2003-07-16 09:13:31

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 450 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - newbie: Sound is too "slow" No.38061
Joerg Kuehnel  2003-07-17 11:13:00 ( ID:q7eesjkxjvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!
I have a AVI-file (5,5 GB) on my hard disk.
I start TMPGENC, choose what I like to do
(I like to have a VCD later in PAL)
Encoding starts and finishes half an hour or so later.
When I view this MP2-file the pictures are fine, just the sound
plays back too slow.
I tried this and that but the results are the same..
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance,

Joerg

ashy  2003-07-17 18:27:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where does it play slow? PC or DVD player?

Question - TE25 - size of files No.38058
binniew  2003-07-17 06:51:30 ( ID:gbeiryw518o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry that i didnt clarify my question. Sometimes after you have changed a avi file to mpeg it is too big to fit on l cd-r. How do you adjust it so it will fit. Also when you download a whole movie(example divx) how do you divide it in two so you can put half on 1 cd-r and the other half on another cd-r. Thanx for replying, hope this makes my question more understood

B_Racer  2003-07-17 10:27:48 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. I do choose a Bitrate that's correct to Fit the Space i need. I use Fit2Disc as Bitratecalculator.

2. That's what Source-Range is made for. Half the Movie on Disc 1, the other half on Disc 2. To fit the Parts to the CD... back to step 1.

ashy  2003-07-19 12:32:55 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just use the Merge&Cut feature in the MPEgtools to split the MPEG.

Question - TE25 - Entering Regestration code No.38056
Quinny  2003-07-17 06:40:29 ( ID:yw/v1dcswmg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you enter a new regestration code into TMPGEnc in order to upgrade it to a full version?

B_Racer  2003-07-17 13:31:13 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need TMPGEnc Plus to do that. The free version can't be registered.

Question - TE25 - SVCDs volume No.38053
Alex  2003-07-17 02:10:48 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm shopping for a home theater and I was testing out some of the ones they had in the store... The sound volume of the SVCDs I've tested (I tried three different cds) is really low - even on Max it's hard to hear. I only have a DVD player at home right now (with just TV sound) and when I play SVCDs on it sound is fine at mid-volumes. I tried three different systems in the store...

Minion  2003-07-17 05:45:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So what is your Question????

ashy  2003-07-17 18:17:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeh, what's the problem?
The sound level on SVCD's is no different to any other source such as VHS video, DVD's or even CD's for that matter unless they have been created wrongly which sounds like what your problems is.

Don't worry a correctly encoded SVCD will sound just as good (if not better) as having NICAM stereo through your HI FI.

Question - TDA1 - Does someone moderate this forum? No.48669
debennett2  2003-07-17 00:56:06 ( ID:ayfnck8ohwc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've noticed that there are only a handful of questions and comments being amde in this forum but there are also a handful that just aren;t even being acknowledged, including mine. Being as we, the potential customer, have taken the time to let our thoughts be heard, I think it is only fair that we get some type of response back. Thank you.

giba  2003-07-17 07:29:10 ( ID:294hlirfjqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

May be it has to do with holiday time !
I would have expected more coaching by the software makers. For myself, I really like this TDA. It has a great potential.

willyiam  2003-07-17 10:20:37 ( ID:n2mkjczjyx6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have a greater chance of winning the national Lotto three times in succession than you do of receiving any form of reply from Pegasys on this forum - the objective being that users with experience help others who are having problems.

The lack of participation on this forum is an indication of the worldwide usage of TDA.

As a registered user you could send a request for support via Email but, don't hold your breath.

B_Racer  2003-07-17 10:30:28 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> The lack of participation on this forum is an indication of the worldwide usage of TDA.

On other Web-Boards there are much more Threads about this program.

No One  2005-01-10 16:39:42 ( ID:wgz3yjlhi5m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> On other Web-Boards there are much more Threads about this program.

What are the urls for the boards?

Question - TE25 - size of avi files No.38051
binniew  2003-07-16 23:27:14 ( ID:gbeiryw518o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just started used TMPGEnc for encoding my avi files to mpeg so i can burn to a vcd. When i used smaller files of approximately 150,00KB my vcd was distorted in regards to voice matching video. However if i encoded a larger file of approximately 325,000 KB it seemed to work better. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong. Also what do you do if your file is too big(approximately 700,000)like the whole movie. It says that you cant fit it on a cd-r. How do you make it smaller or can you split it in two so it will go on 2 cd-r thanx for your help Binnie

Minion  2003-07-17 05:43:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Size of the AVI file has absolutly nothing to do with the Size it will be if you encode it to Mpeg, What Matters is the Bitrate used to encode the AVI file and the Length of the AVI file..Your Problem is probably not to do with the size of the Files But of Something else, Knot knowing what type of AVI files they are I couldn"t really tell you what the Problem is..

Question - TE25 - Program Closes when using Wizard No.38050
pjhorton21  2003-07-16 21:27:00 ( ID:evkqquswknk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When using the wizard to batch AVI files to MPG, every so often when I check the Input Range box, the program just shuts down. Reloading the program doesn't fix the problem - as soon as I check the box, same thing. I will come back the following day and everything works fine.

Any suggestions?

P. Horton

Question - TE25 - converted avi contains purple shadows No.38043
Det Schneider  2003-07-16 14:07:36 ( ID:qmvu6y7fyta )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
converted an avi-file to svcd, everything seems right, but sometimes when things move in the movie they leave a pink to purple shadow in the screen. They are gone with the next scene change in the movie. Any parameter in TMPGEnc to correct this?
Thanks!

Det Schneider  2003-07-16 16:17:10 ( ID:qmvu6y7fyta )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok,ok, shoot first, ask later ;-) Anyone having problems with this should search for the word 'purple', plenty of info coming up (angelpotion or directshow issues).

Det Schneider  2003-07-17 08:55:05 ( ID:qmvu6y7fyta )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok, guys, no angelpotion on my machine, set the direct-parameter to 2 and still no luck. I am using Tmpg with DVD2SVCD, but have an .avi as input. Does DVD2SVCD probably chnage the parameter away from 2? Any other things to consider? Many thanks.

B_Racer  2003-07-17 09:09:06 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try the following with AVISynth 2.5x:

Directshowsource("myvideo.avi")
Converttorgb24()

Open the Script in TMPGEnc. How does it look now?

Minion  2003-07-17 21:32:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And the "Angel Potion" codec will not usually show up as "Angel Potion" it will show up in your Device Manager under "Video Codecs" as "apmpeg4v3.dll", and what might also help if you do Not have this Codec installed is If you Raise the "Direct Show" to "2" in the "Vfapi Plugins"...

B_Racer  2003-07-17 23:14:37 ( ID:dxp41zyyfu. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@Minion

I for personalty prefer the use of AVISynth to open such Videos. That's because i can use it to do some other things like Resizing and Filtering a really good and fast way.

Do you have a special Reason for using the VFAPI-Plugin?

Minion  2003-07-18 00:44:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess you Might have Misunderstood My Responce...I just meant to Raise the "Direct Show" to get rid of the Purple Discoloration..I personally use AVISynth also as I prefer To use there Filters as they are Much better, But most Poeple Don"t Understand How to use AVISynth as there is a Bit of a Learning Curve...Cheers

Question - TE25 - Encoding Doesn't Stop No.38040
PieOPah  2003-07-16 12:55:16 ( ID:.62rst0gexj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Having been playing around with the various settings and finally getting what I think I am after, I have tried to encode a couple of movies from xvid.

In the first instance, I used 2-pass VBR(VBR)
The second movie, I used Constant Bitrate

Both times I used Motion Estimate Search (fast) becuase I didn't want it to take the estimate 20 hours to encode using the highest quality.

In both instances, I came back to my computer around the time I expected the encoding to have comlpeted. In both cases, the time remaining was 0.00 yet the elapsed time was still increasing. When checking the file, the size wasn't increasing. When I tried to stop the encodnig, the usual message asking if I am sure popped up yet when I clicked okay, nothing happened. After that the only way I could quit the program was through task manager.

Admittedly when I have used this in the past, I have done the encoding overnight, ao this might be part of the actual process. Is it a bug, am I just having problems or should I just leave it as it is incmomplete?

Thaks in advance,
Simon

Minion  2003-07-16 23:03:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well there is something wrong But Don"t know what it could be..I do know that Tmpgenc doesn"t like to decode XviD Files useing the XviD codec, It prefers if you use the "FFDShow Mpeg-4 Decoder"..You might also Try Frameserveing the File to Tmpgenc with Virtual-Dub or Avisynth...well good Luck

PieOPah  2003-07-18 08:17:00 ( ID:owskfrhg95h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your advise.

I am unsure what I have done, but the encoding seems to be working successfully now :-)

Despite not being able to use the DVD Authoring Software that I liked so much, I have found that TMPG DVD Author isn't too bad and has successfully written DVDs for me :-)

Question - TE25 - FRAME COMPARATOR software No.38038
Amanda  2003-07-16 07:50:18 ( ID:w1avxhiqx5r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need to know is this software exist!

Minion  2003-07-16 09:28:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have asked this Question a Bunch of times and If someone Knew about it they would have answered you..I do not think it exists as the web page you posted for the Software is over a Yesr old so Maybe the Company went out of Buisiness....

Question - TE25 - DVD can't read data fast enough No.38036
smash  2003-07-16 01:16:17 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I made a SVCD at 2500kbps [short movie] and it plays fine for the most part... Problem is it freezes for a second about every five minutes [not the file itself because if I rewind playback's fine at the same spot]. I think my dvd player is simply unable to read the cd fast enough... I'm sure it varries from player to player but what are the limits for SVCD bitrate in order for it not to skip?

Minion  2003-07-16 09:21:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you are Right ,that is Probably the Problem..You are Useing the Max bitrate for SVCD But the Problem is That Tmpgenc doesn"t really care what you set the Bitrate at if it feels like Useing More bitrate that it is supposed to then it will, It is Probably the Biggest Problem that Tmpgenc has and the Only things you can try is Maybe use a Lower Bitrate and Use "CBR" instead of a "VBR" encodeing Method, Or you can use a Different mpeg2 encoder that will Obey the bitrate that you set, or Get a DVD Player that can handle a Higher Bitrate.Usually the Cheaper No Name DVD Players are the Most compatible with the Most formats and highest Bitrates, Like the Apex Players are really god that way and they are Dirt cheap(I"ve seen them for as Low as $30 on EBay)...Well Good luck

Question - TE25 - How to get started? No.38034
Apaiidah  2003-07-16 00:35:09 ( ID:qdhhhqpi/ar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi... I'm new to this. So how to I get started? There's no help files whatsoever so I'm really lost. Anyone can help me to get started? Anyone can give me a detailed help on how to get started? I'm trying to convert Divx (AVI) format to VCD (MPEG). URGENT help required.

Thanks

Minion  2003-07-16 09:13:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Cone On it isn"t hard at all as it has a "Wizard" that is For poeple that don"t know what to do and it is so easy to figure it out...The First Screen Pops up in the "Wizard" and asks you to pick what you want to Make(EG: VCD or SVCD or DVD and Pal(Europe) or NTSC(North-America), then after chooseing you click Next and then load in your AVI File, and From here you can get away with Just clicking next till you get to the end and then choose your Output directory and Click "OK" and it will start encodeing your File and at the end if the File is to big for a CD-R(800mb for a 700mb CD-R) then go to "File" to "Mpeg tools" to "merge & Cut" and here you can cut your movie in Half..Now you just burn it to Disk as a (S)VCD/DVD with Software that is made for those formats...If you are Haveing a Specific problem then Post it...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.