Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 376 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TDA1 Authoring VOB trailers with DTS only johnells 1 2004-01-23 15:05:38
Question TDA1 Trial Version Upgrade/Expiration LMatIU 1 2004-01-22 09:23:02
Question TE25 how to get best quality converting digital video to DVD jjspierx 6 2004-01-30 21:23:10
Question TDA1 edit main menue in TMPGenc DVD Author Rodman 1 2004-01-22 09:22:20
Question TE25 Problem converting Video Clip to MPEG aaron russell 1 2004-01-21 23:44:04
Question TE25 problems with cut and merge jlrdalorenzo 1 2004-01-21 23:38:16
Question TE25 encode directly from Premiere to Tmpgenc without saving avi jilesh 1 2004-01-21 14:01:12
Question TE25 DVD not clear on TV playback Buggyjohn 2 2004-01-21 23:30:04
Question TDA1 How Do you set lengths of thumbmail chapters Kevo 4 2004-04-10 14:23:21
Question TDA1 Re-Arranging 13 Thumbnail Chapters Over two Track Menus Kevo 0 2004-01-20 23:41:28
Question TDA1 How create a Menu with Title-Selction by number keys Randy_andro 2 2004-01-22 14:46:15
Question TDA1 Menu re-use Ron 0 2004-01-20 17:17:07

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 376 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TDA1 - Authoring VOB trailers with DTS only No.48987
johnells  2004-01-21 20:48:16 ( ID:c/vuerl5g4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 30 second DTS demo VOB that I am puting on a demo DVD. The VOB in question contains one audio track in DTS5.1 format. Since this is non-compliant with the DVD specs, how can I make it work? I tried ignoring the warning but the VOB in question did not play any audio once authored. The other DD5.1 titles worked perfectly on the same DVD.

John

johnells  2004-01-23 15:05:38 ( ID:c/vuerl5g4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I sort of figured this out. It is due to the fact that the DTS audio stream is not designated the primary audio (0x80). Instead it is 0x88. Now I just have to figure out how to change those bits in the VOB or IFO and I am good to go. I think I will give IFOEDIT a try. Later folks.

John

Question - TDA1 - Trial Version Upgrade/Expiration No.48985
LMatIU  2004-01-21 18:06:33 ( ID:eorgi8wmc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The first trial version I installed had a bug which prevented me from using TMPGENC DVD. I downloaded the latest version (posted Jan. 16th), which fixes my problem. The only problem is that the 30 day clock wasn't reset and I only have a few days left to evaluate it. Is there a way to get a full 30 day evaluation?

B_Racer  2004-01-22 09:23:02 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No legal way...

Question - TE25 - how to get best quality converting digital video to DVD No.40685
jjspierx  Home )  2004-01-21 18:00:16 ( ID:st0vkign45g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I have a 15 minute avi thats about 3.5gb's of data. The quality of it is excellent. I am trying to convert it to DVD, so I setup TMPGenc to encode mpeg2, 8000bps, 29.97fps, and basically everything set to max. When I encode the video and play it back on my computer, the picture quality is excellent like I would expect but it doesn't play quite as smoothly as the AVI. Now I'm not talking about a BIG difference, and maybe I'm just being picky, but the video is racing footage and the person who was holding the camera wasn't very smooth, so everything is very fast moving. I would like to make the playback of the mpeg2 look every bit as smooth as the AVI if possible. If the video were just a movie or something that wasn't fast moving, I probably wouldn't even notice the difference in smoothness during playback. So am I screwed, or is there someway with TMPGenc or another program that I can get the mpeg2 too play as smoothly as the original AVI? Thanks.

ashy  2004-01-21 21:51:04 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you change the frame rate?
What are the specs of your PC?
Can you describe the effect you are seeing that is affecting the smoothness of playback.

jjspierx  Home )  2004-01-21 23:29:12 ( ID:st0vkign45g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, the framerate is the same, 29.97 to 29.97...my PC is a 2.4ghz P4, 512mb ram, geforce 4 Ti4200.

There really isnt much of an effect to describe. As I mentioned before, it were simply a moving or tv show or something like that, on which I was ripping, I probably wouldn't even notice. The picture quality is great, but the playback, just isn't quite as smooth. Like it looks like maybe its dropping a couple of frames per second. The audio and video are still synches, its just the kart doesn't move with same fluidity that it does in the original AVI. Most of the camera shots are closeups so the kart is often zooming by the camera at 40-80mph so the background is moving very fast for the camera to keep up with the kart, and this is the only reason that I can even notice that there is a difference in the smoothness of the playback. The video doesn't stutter or anything, or have problems keeping up and then jumping to catch up or anything like that. Maybe when I get home I will just a couple of seconds of each video to show you what I mean. I hope I'm just not being too picky, but there is a difference.

jjspierx  Home )  2004-01-21 23:58:22 ( ID:st0vkign45g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

wow, that was a terrible post...lots of typos. I hope you got what I meant though. At the end, I meant to say, maybe I will UPLOAD a couple of seconds of each video to show you what I mean. Unfortunately I'm at work now.

ashy  2004-01-22 20:42:40 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

May I ask which player you are using to play this MPEG?
If it's Windows mediaplayer then forget it. It's crap for MPEG2.
Get yourself a proper MPEg2 player such as WinDVD and enable the 'software bob deinterlace' mode.

You may find that if you have encoded the MPEG as interlaced then the effect may not manifest itself on a regular TV.

Monitors are progressive displays and not designed for an interlaced output such as your TV.

jjspierx  Home )  2004-01-22 21:04:23 ( ID:st0vkign45g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using PowerDVD player to view the mpeg2. It looks like crap in BSPlayer or media player because they show the interlacing lines. yuckkk!!! However it doesn't matter which program I use, the smoothness is the same on all of them. Maybe since the AVI is uncompressed, and doesn't require decoding it plays smoother than the mpeg which is decoding as is plays. If thats the case, maybe my standalone player will view it better than my PC does? I don't know, I'm probably just being picky here, but I just want the mpg to play as smoothly as the original AVI.

The video was encoded interlaced, are you saying I should encode it non-interlaced if I am going to be transferring it to DVD for my TV? Thats something I did not know if its true. I just got my DVD burner, and so far all I have done is burn non-interlaced Anime episodes, this was my first time encoding an interlaced AVI to an interlaced mpg.

Daps  2004-01-30 21:23:10 ( ID:odhgiplfcsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having the same problem. When converting AVI to DVD quality MPEG using TMPGENC and writing to DVD; the movie plays ok for a second or two, then seems to drop every other frame for half a second, then play ok, and then they drop again and so on. This gives a jittering motion. It makes the movie hard to watch and it just isn't smooth. Does anyone know how to convert divx avi to make smooth on DVD?

Question - TDA1 - edit main menue in TMPGenc DVD Author No.48983
Rodman  2004-01-21 17:21:08 ( ID:obxnif.ioyj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry about my english. My Prob.:

When i select the menue "Double Track 1" or "Double Track 2" i cant edit this. But i like to have 2 buttons ( Play all - Chapter Menue) in my Startup Menue. Also i like to edit this Buttons with my own Photoshop alpha-PSD Buttons. Looks great in the Track Menue, but i cant change, resize and replace the 2 buttons in this Main Menue. There is no chance to make my own button in a Main Menue?? PLZ help!

B_Racer  2004-01-22 09:22:20 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't edit this Template, but you can edit this Style. Chose the Template, click on Edit, then on Yes...

Question - TE25 - Problem converting Video Clip to MPEG No.40683
aaron russell  2004-01-21 16:23:02 ( ID:i10vvt6gurk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to convert 'video clip' to MPEG, TMPGEnc gives an error saying that it is an unsupported format. What do I do to fix this?

Thanks
aaron

Minion  2004-01-21 23:44:04 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A "Video Clip" is not a Video format....If the File is an AVI file ,Like a DiVX or Mpeg-4 format then you can usually fix this by going to "options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the Priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2"...Cheers

Question - TE25 - problems with cut and merge No.40681
jlrdalorenzo  2004-01-21 16:08:44 ( ID:uci.mh4sogh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a mpg file to cut, It cuts the first part using the range I asign, but the second part, it cuts only a 12 minute piece and there is still an hour of movie. I have tried many times with different sizes and it always results on the same 12 minute piece.
Help please.

Minion  2004-01-21 23:38:16 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use something else to cut your Files...Like this:
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.47.lzh
The File Named mme.exe is the Editor and Make sure every Cut is Made on an I Frame......

Question - TE25 - encode directly from Premiere to Tmpgenc without saving avi No.40679
jilesh  2004-01-21 11:26:01 ( ID:6gxdr8imqil )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How to encode Video directly from Premiere or Aftereffects to Tmpgenc Encoder without saving the AVI first!

ashy  2004-01-21 14:01:12 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need the Premiere Video Server plug-in.
http://www.videotools.net/

Question - TE25 - DVD not clear on TV playback No.40676
Buggyjohn  2004-01-21 07:06:53 ( ID:sdaasic/zjg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have Pinnacle Studio 8 and I captured video from my Sony digital Hi 8 camcorder. When I burned a DVD with Studio 8, the playback on the DVD home player was not as clear as the tape source or as the computer capture.

Why is this? How can I capture from Hi 8 tape and preserve the same quality to DVD and have the same clarity on TV playback?

Do I need a better capture program ?

Thanks

John
NY.

B_Racer  2004-01-21 10:44:47 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need a better Encoder - like TMPGEnc!

Minion  2004-01-21 23:30:04 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Studio 8 Uses an awefull Encoder,You need to use a Real Encoder to encode your Captured files to Mpeg2 for DVD if you want any sort of Quality...What Confuses me is why when you Get Bad Quality useing Stdio 8 you come here to ask Why???

Question - TDA1 - How Do you set lengths of thumbmail chapters No.48978
Kevo  2004-01-21 01:57:42 ( ID:5z3z1qeev/. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the menu editor I have set everything to motion menu.
I can set the seconds of the main menu animation here but can't find anywhere to set the length of each animated thumbnail.

In the help file it says...

"The chapter thumbnail will be animated for the specified number of seconds within the area of the thumbnail."

Where do i enter these seconds?

I've looked everywhere or does it use the main menu seconds?

Many Thanks

hustbaer  2004-01-21 02:37:01 ( ID:gbemr.lp.t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

since the whole "background" INCLUDING the thumbnails is only ONE mpeg sequence, the loop-time for both is identical.
hence, you can only specify one time for the whole thing.

if you want - say - your thumbnails to loop every 2 seconds, and your background to loop every 4 seconds, you can make small mpeg-files for your thumbnails, that contain 2 runs of your 2 second loop.
that's just an example, but i hope you get the idea.

bye,
--hustbaer

Kevo  2004-01-21 19:29:38 ( ID:5z3z1qeev/. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your reply.

The track menu itself is not aminated, just the thumbnails although the main menu background is animated and has no thumbnails.

Does this make a difference?

hustbaer  2004-02-03 01:22:35 ( ID:gbemr.lp.t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

uh.
i see.
i misinterpreted your question.
sorry.

of course it would be technically possible to have different loop-lengths on every distinct page (just not within a page), but i dont think tmpgenc dvd author supports this.
adjust me if im wrong :)

so you should just set the loop-time to the duration of the main-menu-background-movie - that way your chapter-preview thunbs will loop the same length - but at least the background-loop will be the length you want it to be...

if you only have one animated thingy per page, everything will be fine, just that all loops will use the same duration.

bye,
--hustbaer

Nix  2004-04-10 14:23:21 ( ID:918rb/n8vy2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

isn't that stupid: all menus must be the same length.... I'm leaving Tmpgenc.

Question - TDA1 - Re-Arranging 13 Thumbnail Chapters Over two Track Menus No.48977
Kevo  2004-01-20 23:41:28 ( ID:5z3z1qeev/. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have 13 thumbnail chapters and want to create two Track Menus consisting of 7 and 6 but the menu editor only seems to give me 6 or 13 chapters to a page thus creating 3 or 1 track menu.

Is there a way round this so I can create two track menus without hiding any chapters?

Many Thanks

Question - TDA1 - How create a Menu with Title-Selction by number keys No.48974
Randy_andro  2004-01-20 17:23:09 ( ID:o4ym5xqt9bm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

that means 1, 2, 3 etc. on the remote.

No idea.

Thanks

B_Racer  2004-01-22 09:23:42 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc DVD Author can't do that. Try DVDLab.

Kevo  2004-01-22 14:46:15 ( ID:rau5tums6gn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's a bit of a throwback to VCD.

Are you sure you want a menu like this?

Number keys are for chapters rather than titles.

Question - TDA1 - Menu re-use No.48973
Ron  2004-01-20 17:17:07 ( ID:bnb6ilxteqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to save a previously created menu ? The menus I will be using are similar, with only a few text changes between them. The "history" button does show the previous text but you still have to "cut and paste" each entry in the menu. I am trying to remove the error prone user(me) as much as possible from the creation process.

Thanks for your help

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.