Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 362 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Unknown [0xc0] Stephenh 0 2004-03-09 03:21:15
Question TE25 Cutting a defective mpeg-file (vcd) problem jus 1 2004-03-08 22:08:25
Question TE25 AVI to MPG file size converting problem. Crazy Rabbit 1 2004-03-07 13:37:44
Question TE25 AVI to MPG file size converting problem. Crazy Rabbit 0 2004-03-07 11:18:56
Request TE25 Looking for problems Inu Yasha 1 2004-03-09 04:10:13
Question TDA1 unlock.mcf for DVD Author? PLEASE? Phr3d 0 2004-03-07 06:22:44
Question TE25 What Does One Do in TMPGEnc and VCDEasy to Make a VCD for a SECAM TV system? anonymous poster 2 2004-03-08 03:12:55
Bug report TE25 TMPGEnc keeps crashing! Dark_G 0 2004-03-06 15:13:07
Question TE25 AVI PAL TO DVD NTSC gio 10 2004-03-10 19:01:44
Question TE25 convert .AVI to .mpg dgbowen 0 2004-03-06 02:11:53
Question TE25 Mr. dgbowen 3 2004-03-08 21:59:54
Question TE25 Problem with VCD files cmarina 1 2004-03-06 01:11:00

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 362 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Unknown [0xc0] No.41152
Stephenh  2004-03-09 03:21:15 ( ID:1zpkm1t46aw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have recently converted a bunch of AVI's to MPEG2 using TMPGenc and when I view these in AVICodec the Audio column (a.1 codec name) says "Unknown [0xc0]". They play all right in Windows Media Player....!!

The Avi's I converted to MPG2 using other app's are listed in AVICodec as "MPEG-1 Audio Layer 2 [0xc0]".

What's up with that...? Is there a setting I should check in TMPGenc before I 'Output to File - MPEG'

Thanks in advance.

Question - TE25 - Cutting a defective mpeg-file (vcd) problem No.41150
jus  2004-03-07 17:23:57 ( ID:kia9qwzxxnk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

I have a defective VCD(mpeg1) and I want to cut the defective part out, but TMPG cannot go through the defective part.
Every cut before the defective part works fine, but I can't make any cut after the defective part.
Someone can help?

Thanx!

jus

ashy  2004-03-08 22:08:25 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a program called MME.EXE which is located inside a folder of an MPEG2 codec for TMPG.
You can download the codec below and the program is inside.
If that doesn't work then MPEG2VCR should work as it's quite tolerant to defective MPEGs.
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

Question - TE25 - AVI to MPG file size converting problem. No.41148
Crazy Rabbit  2004-03-07 11:31:38 ( ID:9invk6vkuyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

I'm having troubles converting an AVI file to an mpeg-1 file.

I want to convert an 357MB (512x354) AVI file to an +/- 450MB (352x288) MPEG-1 file.

When I'm using the wizard I select the VideoCD and then next until the page with the file size. The file always ends up 1GB or more. What am I doing wrong?

Can someone give me a tip on how to convert the file correctly to an 450MB MPEG-1 or VCD file.

Tnx in advance.

ashy  2004-03-07 13:37:44 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to set the stream type to 'MPEG1 VCD (non standard)'

Question - TE25 - AVI to MPG file size converting problem. No.41147
Crazy Rabbit  2004-03-07 11:18:56 ( ID:9invk6vkuyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

I'm having troubles converting an AVI file to an mpeg-1 file.

I want to convert an 357MB (512x354) AVI file to an +/- 450MB (352x288) MPEG-1 file.

When I'm using the wizard I select the VideoCD and then next until the page with the file size. The file always ends up 1GB or more. What am I doing wrong?

Can someone give me a tip on how to convert the file correctly to an 450MB MPEG-1 or VCD file.

Tnx in advance.

Request - TE25 - Looking for problems No.41145
Inu Yasha  2004-03-07 09:29:23 ( ID:xk1vtd2f6zo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi..
I think this strange rquest but it is important for me.
I'm looking for any problem in the [TMPGEnc] or some thing that needs to be improved.
It is only for my study I need to write a project Ideas that will help me in my Proposal and because I use the [TMPGEnc] for about 1 year it will be easy for me to talk about in the Proposal
so please help me give any problem, any problem, that can I write about in my Proposal.

mickyjuice  2004-03-09 04:10:13 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yea i have a problem with tmpge's.......bbs

people asking strange requests

hope this helps

;)

Question - TDA1 - unlock.mcf for DVD Author? PLEASE? No.49067
Phr3d  2004-03-07 06:22:44 ( ID:bslk3e/kkgc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there, Please point me to a place that has a file or a method that will stop all of DVD Author's endless/useless/incorrect "DVD Parameter" errors. There is nothing stopping my three set-top DVD's from playing SVCDs loaded onto DVD media EXCEPT for the fact that DVD Author refuses to do so. As it stands, I must dump them into Nero and play them like MP3s, rilley sad.

Warnings are fine, but what in the world was the good of "fatal error that DVD Author cannot ignore". Is this of benefit to ANYONE? Why not like every other error, just ask the user are they sure they want to continue?

Please eliminate all instances of "fatal error" with regard to DVD parameters, so that I can use this program.

Thanx for allowing me to vent.

carpe` cervesi
knf

Question - TE25 - What Does One Do in TMPGEnc and VCDEasy to Make a VCD for a SECAM TV system? No.41142
anonymous poster  2004-03-06 23:29:21 ( ID:f2fa5bmoxuw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I didn't notice anything in TMPGEnc 2.521's free version concerning SECAM television systems; but I did see NTSC and PAL television systems listed within it. I know that PAL and SECAM are similar in some respects, but not the same. So what does one do in the process of encoding a .avi file in TMPGEnc to a .mpg file with the goal of preparing a video Compact Disc (CD)? In TMPGEnc should one just treat SECAM as PAL? Likewise VCDEasy 1.1.5.2, a program which can be use to author the .mpg file outputted by TMPGEnc to make a VCD, only has NTSC and PAL options, but no SECAM options that I found in it. Should the SECAM preparation be treated as a PAL preparation in VCDEasy 1.1.5.2? If SECAM is supposed to be treated as PAL in TMPGEnc and VCDEasy, is it the video player's task to generate output for a SECAM television system? If so, does the human being operating the video player have to push a button or something for the player to output video signals compatible with a SECAM television system? Or is the video player supposed to automatically sense the type of television system used in a television? If in the whole process of generating a VCD the SECAM specification is not introduced somehow until the playing of the video CD, I suppose this means that in order to play a video CD on a television using the SECAM system, one must have a video player that will generate SECAM video signals. If so, are such players common? (You are welcome to correct any mistaken assumptions of mine. Please do not be offended by this request. But since I am not likely to know you or your experience, expertise, and knowledge in these areas, please write something about your levels of expertise, experience, and/or knowledge so that I can make a decision on the reliability of the information you provide. Thanks.)

ashy  2004-03-07 14:19:25 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I know a SECAM VCD, SVCD or DVD is essentially the same as the PAL version.

SECAM shares the same resolution and frame rate as it's PAL counter part. The only difference being the way it handles the colour signal.
Seeing as a VCD only stores frames as digital data the color signal method is not a factor as this will be produced in the correct format by the DVD player.

However there are no commercial SECAM DVD's or VCD's all DVD's or VCD's are produced in either PAL or NTSC format only.
All newer SECAM format T.V.'s also support PAL as standard, so as to be compatible with todays external equipment such as DVD players. The only reason you would need a DVD player with SECAM output is if the TV was an older SECAM only TV.

This is why you will not find any encoding software that has SECAM support as it is not an issue as for as digital media is concerned.
SECAM is basically treated as PAL as far as digital production goes.

I'm not going to explain why you should accept my explanation either. If you need to know on what basis I have made this post and the extent of my knowledge as far as video production is concerned then do a search for 'ashy' on this board and you will see many of my other posts I have made over the long time I have used this board.

It is up to you to verify the information I have given you above. It is all there on the net if you look.

anonymous poster  2004-03-08 03:12:55 ( ID:f2fa5bmoxuw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks very much, Ashy, for kindly taking the time to reply to my posting!

Bug report - TE25 - TMPGEnc keeps crashing! No.41141
Dark_G  2004-03-06 15:13:07 ( ID:ewvlkkscyf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

first time poster!

i'm using version 2.52 on a new pc (win xp p4 3.00ghz 512mb ram). basically, everytime i attempt to browse to a file that i want to convert, TMPGEnc crashes.

if the file i want to convert is immediately viewable in the browser window when i open it, i can click on it and there's no problem with the rest of the conversion process.

however, if i need to resize the browser window or have to use the scroll bar in order to locate it, TMPGEnc crashes every time!

is anyone else having this problem?

btw, apart from this i've nothing but praise for the authors of TMPGEnc.

keep up the good work! ;-)

Question - TE25 - AVI PAL TO DVD NTSC No.41130
gio  2004-03-06 12:35:14 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I' trying to make a DVD NTSC.

I've tryed TMPGENC DVD NTSC option but, with my Sony S735d dvd player with a monitor tristandard, the videos are jerkily.
I've tried the "3:2pulldown" option but works in worst way (more jerkily)

My video source is AVI PAL MJPEG made with a FAST AV MASTER board and sw.

Tmpgenc can interpolate fron 25fps to 29.97fps?
Or do you know any sw dedicated specially to do this?

Thank for your help. I'm very mislaid....

Giò

ashy  2004-03-06 13:35:37 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG cannot do proper frame rate conversion, you will have jerky playback as you have discovered.

There are 2 ways you can do it successfully.
One is to simply slow down the framerate of MPEG to 23.976 with AVIfrate or Virtualdub and then add 2:3 pulldown to make it 29.97.
You will then have to stretch the audio to match the video and then multiplex together.
Most PAL DVD's use a 4% speed up from 24 fps anyway so all you are doing is reverting back to the original frame rate.

The second way is to use AVIsyth, much better than TMPG, but not as good as the slow down method.

AVIsynth is free. Just simply use the command CONVERT FPS(23.97) or CHANGEFPS(23.97) in a script.

I would recommend the slow down method for ultimate quality preservation, but if you choose to do it the AVIsynth way (this way the length of the movie doesn't change) then I would use CHANGEFPS as this seems to give better results when converting PAL to NTSC.

A simple script such as below would work:

AVISource("D:Movie.avi")
ConvertToYUY2()
Changefps(23.97)
BilinearResize(720,480)

gio  2004-03-06 14:17:46 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you very much for your answer, Ashy.

Can I copy and paste your computer instruction? Where?

To slow down, Do I have make it on the video MPEG NTSC with virtual dub?
And then 2:3 pulldown with TMPgenc?

Ciao

Giò

ashy  2004-03-06 22:17:55 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The script above is for AVIsynth.
To change the framerate of the AVI to 23.976 use AVIfrate. If that doesn't work then use Virtualdub.

gio  2004-03-07 11:20:48 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay I'll do it.

After convert to 23.976, may I use TMPGenc to make MPEG2 DVD NTSC with 2:3pulldown?

Or may I make another AVI 29.97 and then convert to MPEG DVD NTSC with TMPGenc?

Sorry but it's a labyrinth, and I don't succeed in find the exit.

Thank you

By and ciao from Venice, Italy

Giò

ashy  2004-03-07 13:35:55 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Once you have changed the frame of the AVI to 23.976 you can the use the 'Add 3:2 pulldown while playback' option in TMPG when encoding, make sure you set the frame rate to '23.976 fps(internally 29.97 fps)'

You will also have to match the length of the audio to new length of the AVI.

gio  2004-03-08 10:41:27 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DONE!

It work with proper vision (it is like to see a movie in 24fps....)

The problem is audio. It's short (about 24sec!)
I've tried with adobe premiere pro: the pitch is good but sound is metallic.

Do you know strechting audio sw?

Thank you very much. You are a very expierenced in video-conversion.

Giò

ashy  2004-03-08 21:54:20 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, what you need is Goldwave5.
First of all find out the EXACT length of the AVI that you changed the FPS with AVIfrate.
Just load the AVI into AVIfrate then write down the length of the movie.

Next start up goldwave and load your original AVI with audio.
If the AVI has AC3 you will need to install this Ac3 filter first: http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/

Click Effect>Timewarp then select 'Length' and put in the exact figure you got from AVIfrate. Leave all others at default. Now click OK. When it has finished save it as a wav.
You can then encode the new wav to whichever format you wish and multiplex it with the movie in TMPG.

gio  2004-03-09 17:31:51 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

It really works with a good quality sound.
I've used Goldwave 5.

Giò

P.S. If, one day you'll come to Italy, I'll show you the very best of Venice.
Do you have an email to send my address?

ashy  2004-03-09 22:33:55 ( ID:sfiqae5h.ja )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the offer, much obliged, but I don't think I have the means nor the funds to get there. While I think Italy is a nice place to visit maybe one day....

gio  2004-03-10 19:01:44 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do not misunderstand me.

I wanted only to strenght my thanks for your advises.
You have really helped me.

If you have any problems in video production, I'm a fan of shooting-editing videos.
Don't hesitate to post here. Once in a while I visit the BBS.

Thank you very much again.

Ciao

Gio

Question - TE25 - convert .AVI to .mpg No.41129
dgbowen  2004-03-06 02:11:53 ( ID:aa.vhcvqd1g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can TmpgEnc convert .AVI to .MPG?
if so, how?
-Don

Question - TE25 - Mr. No.41125
dgbowen  2004-03-06 02:10:43 ( ID:aa.vhcvqd1g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to convert
.AVI to .mpg

Can that be done with TMpgEnc? If so, how?
thank you.
-Don Bowen

ashy  2004-03-06 13:51:38 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Read the instructions or go to DVDRhelp.com

dgbowen  2004-03-07 06:09:26 ( ID:aa.vhcvqd1g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've been to vcdhelp.com (that's the old name).
I'd be happy to read instructions on how to do this...
do you know where I might find any?
-Don

ashy  2004-03-08 21:59:54 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you taking the Michael?
How much more instruction do you need than DVDrhelp.com?
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm

Question - TE25 - Problem with VCD files No.41123
cmarina  2004-03-05 20:31:19 ( ID:us0qaglporf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Converted avi file to vcd file. The vcd file plays OK on computer with Windows media player. But it will not play on my TV/DVD. The screen froze. Any help is welcome. Thanks.

ashy  2004-03-06 01:11:00 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tell us the process you used to create the VCD from encoding to burning and we may be able to sort you out and the programs you used.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.