Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 351 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 TMPGenc can produce bad VBR files bobdore 3 2004-04-25 23:37:13
Question TE25 Mov to Mpg romeo 1 2004-05-15 11:24:17
Question TE25 VCD created with TMPGEnc wont play in window m.player Joejoe 4 2004-04-26 18:50:57
Question TE25 PROGRESSIVE 25p TO INTERLACED 50i gio 5 2004-05-18 20:51:44
Question TE25 AVI question IanD 1 2004-04-30 23:17:47
Question TDA1 Demux file with 2 WAVE Files and one Vidiostream Elmar Lammerich 3 2004-04-26 14:37:17
Question TE25 Update: Motion estimate vs. Normal vs. High drew 1 2004-04-21 08:46:51
Question TE25 3:2 Pulldown Sakuya 1 2004-04-21 06:54:47
Question TE25 Did i lost my files :-( ? [unify DVD to standart DVD] goldram 5 2004-04-20 21:32:33
Question TE25 Strange message tobben 1 2004-04-19 20:15:15
Question TE25 ASF files freeze and crash TMPGEnc Plus WinXPro mani 0 2004-04-19 03:35:08
Question TE25 Multiple AVI to DVD helpp Jonny 11 2004-04-20 17:28:31

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 351 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - TMPGenc can produce bad VBR files No.41525
bobdore  2004-04-23 10:39:10 ( ID:.srhuepxtwr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's very difficult to pinpoint this problem, but I wanted to post this in case anyone else finds it so they know they're not alone.

I am making MPEG-2 files for DVD-PAL with mp2 audio.

I've never had any problem with a file encoded as a CBR but about 1 in 3 that I have tried to encode as VBRs produce a file which plays perfectly on the PC using any media player I choose and I can author a DVD and burn it without a problem. The resultant DVD will play in PowerDVD or WinDVD without a problem. But playing the DVD in a DVD player (I tried several) and the video will freeze occasionally, always at the same points, while the audio continues. The video then jumps to the correct frame after a second or 2.

This is no longer a problem for me because I've given up encoding as VBRs now.

I wondered if anyone else had experienced this?

Bob.

B_Racer  2004-04-23 22:29:49 ( ID:f0tdjnbzg.2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What did you use for Authoring?
What was your Min.-Bitrate? (0 causes problems sometimes)

rs  2004-04-25 20:52:09 ( ID:ejxoh.ha4cc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc does not honour it's maximum bitrate setting in VBR and will often produce peak bitrates of 1000 bps more than you specify. So if you are encoding streams with a maximum around 9000, there may be sections that are 10000+ and this will cause standalone player to choke.

ashy  2004-04-25 23:37:13 ( ID:34bycds9tdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should set the min to 2000 and the max to 8000, under or over that and you are risking choking your player.
I have seen this problem fixed also by dropping the VBV buffer down.

Question - TE25 - Mov to Mpg No.41523
romeo  2004-04-23 08:52:57 ( ID:3w1h8qh28rh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi....

How can i convert mov to mpg....i tried with QTreader but dont know how to work it......or it doesnt work for me....

please help

tmarkthomas  2004-05-15 11:24:17 ( ID:0fvhok9m1ma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

kinda late but maybe you didn't get a reply;;; http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/qtreader_for_tmpgenc.cfm tt

Question - TE25 - VCD created with TMPGEnc wont play in window m.player No.41518
Joejoe  2004-04-23 03:15:40 ( ID:mztxizgsg.a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used DivX 2.2 and TMPENGenc to assist me encoding a DVD film into VCD using Nero. Nero (version 5.5) shows the disc was burnt sucessfully. When play in Window Media Player version 8 it wont play. A message saying file currently on the CD is CDI , EXT, MPEGAV, SEGMENT, VCD. I opened the VCD folder which revealed non exe files. Oddly enough it will play in Win DVD but not on its own in my DVD rom drive or in WMPLayer.

Have I not done something wrong, do I need some file association to get it work? any advice is mosst welcome

Joejoe

bobdore  2004-04-26 10:55:44 ( ID:zgu39gncjol )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What O/S are you using?

I have a similar problem using WinME (Win95 is fine) and I have yet to get to the bottom of it. What appears to be happening with Windows 98 and later is that Windows detects that the CD is a VCD and locks the files somehow so that they can only be read as a video stream. Media player tries to read the files and so fails, DVD players read the video stream.

It may, however, be something to do with the CD drivers; I gave up trying to solve this a while ago because there's nothing on the www or the Microsoft knowledge base.

Bob.

Joejoe  2004-04-26 11:39:51 ( ID:mztxizgsg.a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Bob for taking time out to reply, I have solved it! I knew it would play on a DVD software player like PowerDVD or WinDVD but I couldnot distribute these software ( they were big in size) to friends if they wanted to watch my movie. While browsing a magazine which had a cover VCD I read the instructions which basically said if WMP wont play the VCD do the following:

open the drive which has the VCD in it, double click on it, select MPEGAV folder. Left click on this folder, right click on MPEGAV and select open.

The file AVSEQo1.Dat appears, left click it, right click it choose OPEN WITH,
select WINDOWS MEDIA PROGRAM from the list of programs shown. Thats it, you will need to go through this each time you want to watch vcd on Wmp, the image is on the sentre of the screen measures about four inches by 3 inches but the resolution is very clear and there is no delay in speech or motion. I can tell you I was mighty please when it worked.

Of course I will use WinDVD which came with Nero but for all my friends who dont have DVDsoftware player I have written out the 'structions for them to follow. I hope this helps Bob

Joejoe

bobdore  2004-04-26 11:57:33 ( ID:zgu39gncjol )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Glad you've solved your problem. Mine is a little more complex in that if I try to access the AVSEQnn.DAT file with WMP windows refuses to open it.

I rather suspect it's my CD drivers that are trying to auto detect a VCD or DVD and stopping normal access from working.

Bob.

ashy  2004-04-26 18:50:57 ( ID:34bycds9tdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just distribute the 'Mediaplayer classic' .EXE with your VCD's or Videolan player.
They can be run directly from the .EXE and will play almost ALL file types.
To play VCD/SVCD in Mediaplayer classic simply select File>Open CDrom and then just select the drive that contains the disk you want to play.
To Open VCD with VIdeolan player click File>open disk then select VCD.

Both are free downloads.

Question - TE25 - PROGRESSIVE 25p TO INTERLACED 50i No.41512
gio  2004-04-22 14:43:53 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Now I have a new camera (Panasonic DGVX100A)that can shoot in real progressive 25p PAL MiniDV.
I convert in DVD PAL using the your wizard but the result is a little bit jerky video (on vertical lines like "strobo" effect) in the left-right pan of the camera shoots.

How I can avoid this?

Is there a sw that reproduce the 2:2 pulldown of telecine? (Each frame splitted in two field?)

Thank for your answers.

Giò

ashy  2004-04-22 17:30:35 ( ID:akqicmbeb0m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You say you are experiencing interlace lines even though your camera captures to true progressive?
It doesn't sound like your camera is capturing to true progressive at all otherwise you wouldn't be experiencing this effect.

What you are really saying is that the camera actually captures the fields in the same frame hence the 2:2 pulldown. This is not true progressive, however when encoding you should be able to treat it as progressive.

Don't encode to interlaced, encode to progressive frames. The output will be better anyway.
Your DVD player will take care of the interlacing. I always encode PAL streams to progressive frames.
Just ensure you have the field order correct, in fact you should be able to set the input as progressive also and not even bother about the field order.

gio  2004-04-22 19:18:05 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hallo ashy, how are you?

I hope fine.

The camera is the best now, in indipendent production. Some people shoot progressive, edit and mixdown in progressive and then digitally blow up in film 16mm or 35mm (a RGB+y 4 lasers print each frame), winning some Film Festivals.
It is a real bundle!!!!

The question is: how I recognize the exact field order? The wizard tell me "interlaced field order B", but the camera makes a complete frame 720x576 25 times each second without field A or field B.

I' don't know if the DVout file is interlaced or progressive. Probably video out is interlaced but the DV file is progressive. This the reason for the film blow up capabilities.

Do you know in wich way can I avoid the "strobo" effect (left and right pan) in the final mpeg2 file?
My dvd player ( a strong Sony 735d) does'not correct the defect. Only using plasma displays with "100hz or progressive function", the effect disappear.

I would like to make the right shoot in order to give the best quality in progressive and in interlaced.
For sure the image quality of progressive is the best I've never seen. It is comparable to film.

I've tried to solve it creating an AVI (RGB uncompressed, very big file 20Gb) with Motion Blur in Virtualdub, but it makes "trails" (wakes) in the vertical objects.

Do you know any sw that recreate the 2:2 pulldown without artefacts?

Thank you for your help.

Giò

ashy  2004-04-22 21:05:47 ( ID:akqicmbeb0m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Upon doing some research it seems this effect is just a limitation of the camera and shooting in 25p mode.

I have been looking at some info and found this:
http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/pages/cvp_info_25fps.htm

However it seems to also indicate that as long as the intended output is progressive there should be no problem.
It seems you are not actually encoding to progressive, but are attempting to encode to interlaced from progressive material.

It seems TMPG is detecting the material as interlaced which in a sense is true as the camera splits the frame into 2 fields but both fields are in the same frame, so for all intents and purposes the file can be treated as progressive. Therefore ignore what TMPG detects and set the input manually to 'Non-interlace' you can then ignore the field order issue.

My advice is to make sure you are indeed encoding to progressive frames.
When using the wizard set the input to 'Non interlace' not 'Interlace' then ensure that the output is set to 'Non-Interlace' also.
You can do this by clicking the 'Expert' button in the final Wizard window.
Under the 'Advanced' tab ensure the 'Encode mode' is set to 'Non-interlace'

gio  2004-04-23 07:18:51 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thank you very much, ashy.

I'll do it.

ciao

Giò

satelanewsnetwork  Home )  2004-05-18 20:51:44 ( ID:.6lo2fjioto )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

25P convent to 50I too simple

but 50P from gamemachine 2 50I ..........

Question - TE25 - AVI question No.41510
IanD  2004-04-21 12:38:47 ( ID:xajcdyw7ork )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some AVI files and when trying to encode for VCD, comes up with not supported message and seems to be related to compressed audio
Can someone advise on how to proceed? Thanks

inferno  2004-04-30 23:17:47 ( ID:w1zkarp6xbm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What codecs are you using? Extract uncompressed audio (.wav) using virtual dub.

Question - TDA1 - Demux file with 2 WAVE Files and one Vidiostream No.49129
Elmar Lammerich  2004-04-21 09:02:19 ( ID:3clht98lmgw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wanted to know how to create a DVD with biligual Audio file. I demux my TS-Linux File in 1 MP2 file Vidio and 2 oder 3 WAV Files but I canA't import 2 oder 3 different audio files. Did you have an answer for me how to do that.

Thanks a lot

B_Racer  2004-04-22 08:40:59 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't use TDA to do that. TDA works with one Audio-Track only.
Try DVDLabProB2b

Elmar Lammerich  2004-04-26 08:40:07 ( ID:3clht98lmgw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where can I get it I didn´t found this Tool at Lycos or Google.

B_Racer  2004-04-26 14:37:17 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

www.mediachance.com

Question - TE25 - Update: Motion estimate vs. Normal vs. High No.41508
drew  2004-04-21 07:22:12 ( ID:/px45lc2eeg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've searched through the archive for people's comparisons between motion estimate search, normal and high quality motion search precisions.

I just accidentally encoded a vid using "motion estimate", normally using "high quality", but I noticed very good results and am comparing them with the same vid encoded with "high quality". The source is captured from VHS home movies, and I'm comparing scenese that actually have some nauseating camera motion.

My question is: does anyone have a definite opinion these days that one is better than the other? Is there a general consensus on what to use? I would love to use the faster precision if it got me the same or better, but am also kind of fanatical.

I don't need an explanation of what the various methods do, thanks.
I'll post my comparison results in, oh, a couple hours...

B_Racer  2004-04-21 08:46:51 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It depents on your Source, the used Bitrate and the Encode Mode (progressive or interlaced).

Here a couple of simple Rules:

Highest: Only for interlaced Source, interlaced encoding

High: Progressive and interlaced Source/Encoding at low/medium Bitrates

Normal: Progressive at low, interlaced at high Bitrates

Motion Estimate: Progressive only at high Bitrates

But like i said: It depents on your Source and Settings.

Question - TE25 - 3:2 Pulldown No.41506
Sakuya  2004-04-21 04:21:20 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I read this tutorial on converting video files to MPEG-2 for DVD. They say that if the source AVI has 23.976 fps, then I should set the framerate as 23.976 fps (internally 29.97 fps) in TMPGEnc Plus and then set the Encode Mode to 3:2 Pulldown When Playback. Is there a reason for this? Because TMPGEnc's default DVD (NTSC) template has automatically set it at 29.97 fps. Just wondering the reason for this.

ashy  2004-04-21 06:54:47 ( ID:xaky0um6ad2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes there is, but the reason will take far too long to explain here. Try a search on google for 3:2 pulldown.

Basically pulldown makes a 23.976 fps MPEG into a 29.97 fps without changing the actual framerate by using flags within the MPEG to tell the DVD player to repeat certain frames or to be more exact certain fields.
Simply just altering the frame rate would cause all sorts of problems. Such as play back artifacts and even A/V desync.

Question - TE25 - Did i lost my files :-( ? [unify DVD to standart DVD] No.41500
goldram  2004-04-19 23:15:49 ( ID:s48g/ktt4x6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I Encoded some of my children videos using the wizard option:
DVD->PAL->CBR Mpeg-1 Layer II Audio (mp2)
This gave me a single mpeg file in DVD format (Audio & Video inside).
Unfortunately #1 : my DVD player can not directly read mpeg files.
Unfortunately #2 : I donÃÕ have the source movies files.
Can I (How?) make from those mpeg files a compatible DVD disc?

David  2004-04-20 00:43:51 ( ID:brbif5mcn.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to author the mpeg-2 files.

Download TMPGEnc DVD Author. (Banner on the bottom of this page). This program will also burn the files to dvd for you.

There is a trial, if you like it you can purchase it.

David  2004-04-20 00:47:51 ( ID:brbif5mcn.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Revision:

You said you used CBR Mpeg-1 Layer II Audio.
This is not DVD, it is VCD.

My suggestion above is for mpeg-2 files.

You can try to use a program like Nero 6 to create the VCD for you.

ashy  2004-04-20 17:24:31 ( ID:xaky0um6ad2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

MPEG1 layer2 or Mp2 as it is called is a valid audio format for DVD if your DVD is PAL. However most if not all NTSC DVD players will have no problem playing back Mp2 audio.

David  2004-04-20 21:05:34 ( ID:brbif5mcn.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I read the question too quickly. I thought it said mpeg-1 video. My first posting was correct that you need to author with a program like TMPGEnc DVD Author.

ashy  2004-04-20 21:32:33 ( ID:xaky0um6ad2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

David is correct you will need to author the MPEG with TMPG DVD author.

Question - TE25 - Strange message No.41498
tobben  2004-04-19 18:41:37 ( ID:suq4jjqxoi. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get the following message:
"Write error occured at adress 77F83AED of module 'ntdll.dll" at 00000000"
What can possibly be wrong here?

ashy  2004-04-19 20:15:15 ( ID:xaky0um6ad2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible your AVI is XVID?
This problem can usually be solved by uninstalling the XVID codec and then installing FFDSHOW.

Question - TE25 - ASF files freeze and crash TMPGEnc Plus WinXPro No.41497
mani  2004-04-19 03:35:08 ( ID:hingzy.6ux. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASF/wmv files keep crashing TMPGEnc plus. PLease Help!

Mani

Question - TE25 - Multiple AVI to DVD helpp No.41485
Jonny  2004-04-17 19:34:52 ( ID:1e53enfnvj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have dozens of AVI files i would like to burn onto a DVD.
I am very new with the whole process, and i'm unfamiliar with even the basics.
My avi's are 24 minutes long and 190 megs in size, 640x480 in dimensions.
When creating a VCD with a standard CD-R, i'm able to fit 3 episodes onto 1 cd.
How many episodes can i fit onto a DVD with near/better quality then that of a VCD?

All i know is that i have to encode the AVI into DVD format? I'm using TMPGenc to do this; however my files end up turning out to over a gig. When i decrease the bit rate, the lowest it will go is 500 mb.

Other then what i've listed above... i don't know what other steps are involved in the task that i'm trying to accomplish.

Any suggestions? help would be really appreciated thanks!

p.s i've searched all over google, forums, and faq's and i can't find any information that could help with my situation, since i am trying to burn multiple avi files instead of 1 huge one,
thanks again

ashy  2004-04-17 20:21:36 ( ID:vfwbrlkshr2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are burning to DVD then you have almost 4.5 Gb to play with. A DVDR will take up to 4.37GB, so your 1GB file will fit quite comfortably.

The number of AVI's you will be able to fit will depend on the bitrate you choose, but if you use the wizard and just set the output for DVD you should be fine.

ashy  2004-04-17 20:27:31 ( ID:vfwbrlkshr2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In addition to above.
It may be better if you were to number the AVI's in the order you wish to burn them like so...file001.avi...file002.avi...file003.avi and so on and then in TMPG goto Option>Enviromental setting>General and then put a check in the 'Open sequence files as a movie' box.
Then just load your first AVI and the rest will follow in sequence.

If you would rather have each movie as a seperate track on the DVD then you will have to encode each one individually.

Jonny  2004-04-17 21:26:32 ( ID:1e53enfnvj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ohhh i figured my last question out too
sorry for the trouble

I'm not sure what i should do with the settings...
Rate Control Mode,
a good Bit rate that provides vcd quality, but isnt higher then it has to be..
DC component precision?
motion search precision?

thanks for the help :)

Jonny  2004-04-18 02:26:07 ( ID:1e53enfnvj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I encoded the video, and i have it the size i want etc.

The problem is that the outputted MPG file has no audio?
i checked the box Video (Audio + video)

What's wrong?

Thanks~

Sakuya  2004-04-18 20:59:37 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you checked in Virtualdub whether or not your source AVIs have AC3 audio? If it does, TMPGEnc mostly likely will not be able to read it.

Jonny  2004-04-18 21:01:31 ( ID:1e53enfnvj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, i haven't...
what should i do in order for TMPGENC to read it if that is the case?

ashy  2004-04-19 20:09:35 ( ID:xaky0um6ad2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are usually 2 reasons why there may n ot be any audio in the ouput.
One is because the audio is AC3 and the other is because it is VBR mp3.
If it's the first then you need to install the AC3 ACM decompressor.
If it's the second then raising the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2 usually solves it.

Jonny  2004-04-19 21:31:21 ( ID:1e53enfnvj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've used VirtualDub and i've found out that the video is a VBR MP3.
For that, Ashy, you've suggested that i change the directshow file reader to 2.
I was looking around on an FAQ for how to go about doing this and on the TMPGENC FAQ it says...
"The file is probably Type-1 DV format. The format is not supported by TMPGEnc. Type-1format has different structure from AVI format. TMPGEnc can not read the format since TMPGEnc does not support DirectShow."

does this mean that i have to find another encoding program?

-Thank you for your time

David  2004-04-19 22:05:08 ( ID:brbif5mcn.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Jonny.

Open your avi file in VirtualDub. Go to the menu under "File" then click on "Save wav...". This will convert the vbr mp3 into a regular wav file that TMPGEnc can handle.

Now open TMPGEnc and open your avi file. Instead of using the audio from the avi file, use the wav file that you just made using VirtualDub.

So the two boxes on the bottom left of TMPGEnc should look something like:

Video Source: C:myFile.avi
Audio Source: C:myFile.wav

This should solve your audio problems.

Let us know how it goes.

Jonny  2004-04-20 04:25:27 ( ID:1e53enfnvj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ohhh its working great, thanks a lot guys

No problems now ;p
at least until i get to the burning phase.... anways ;p

take care!

ashy  2004-04-20 17:28:31 ( ID:xaky0um6ad2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is usually not advisable to convert VBR mp3 to a wav with Virtualdub as it will usually add some skew to the output file and therefore cause A/V desync.

TMPG will handle VBR mp3 just fine if you raise the priority of the Directshow file reader.
You can find it at Options>Enviromental settings>VFAPI plugins

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.