Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 148 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW4 DVD burned on BDR Ross 2 2010-07-14 02:03:03
Question TAW4 Chapter End return to Track Menu TMPG AW4 earthsea 2 2010-05-15 08:52:38
Question TAW4 dvd playback Arfer Daley 0 2010-04-20 02:44:54
Question TE40 Green Block Noise Shaan 7 2010-04-27 04:56:52
Question TE40 Best format for Web use RobertH 2 2010-04-17 22:38:59
Question TAW4 Importing question firit 1 2010-04-16 18:28:30
Question TE40 Can't Open .MKV File In TMPG Express 4 PJStyles 1 2010-04-20 16:56:44
Question TAW4 problem with the disc writing tool kkingccrimson 2 2010-04-28 02:41:48
Question TE40 Tmpg express 4.0 and AAC audio issues bert 0 2010-04-12 00:30:08
Question TAW4 Best Format To Import Into Author 4 Arfer Daley 7 2010-04-20 23:19:28
Request TE40 ATi Stream finally, or still living in the dark ages? AEsir 3 2010-05-05 22:41:07
Bug report TAW4 Missing Clips HKUSA 2 2010-04-12 18:30:18

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 148 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW4 - DVD burned on BDR No.62743
Ross  2010-04-20 09:40:12 ( ID:jcauhpkj.br )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Question that may seem strange to some, but will a bluray player (Standalone) play a BD-r disc with a DVD format file burned on it?

The video files I have are long in length but low in quality so making a high quality blu ray format disc would not be of benefit. What would be of benefit would be (to save space on my shelves) to put 24 DVD'Rs onto a 50gb bdr disc. (In other words create a 45gb dvd file).

Would this work?

Has anyone tried using BDR for space saving / archiving purposes rather than quality.

tkrave  2010-04-20 18:14:13 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is possible since DVD-Video is BD-compliant. That also means smart rendering will be switched on so it won't re-encode the video and output should be pretty fast. I haven't actually made a disc with a ton of DVD-Video on it, but I've imported DVDs into a BD project so I know it's possible.

cliffrawn  2010-07-14 02:03:03 ( ID:v5fu9o0.f3l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For space considerations, now that 25Gb blue ray disks are about $1.50, I take standard def video and put this in a blue ray project, set the video to not re-encode and no problem. It is a blue ray disk (complete with pop up menus) that simply plays back at standard definition on a blue ray player.

Question - TAW4 - Chapter End return to Track Menu TMPG AW4 No.62742
earthsea  2010-04-20 08:52:26 ( ID:2eipbljzaao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I'm trying to make an instructional video with 40 tracks and 3 short individual video clips per track. My top menu has two pages with 20 track icons each. My track menus have 3 chapter icons (1 icon per clip)each. Each clip within the tracks are intended to be played independently of the others. Is there a way to return to the track menu at the end of each clip(chapter)? At the moment, when I click on the first icon, the whole track (3 clips) is played sequentially after which I return to the track menu. Thanks in advance for the advice.

jorge a.

BeThere  2010-05-15 06:58:09 ( ID:rcpanvsg6um )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same issue.

tkrave  2010-05-15 08:52:38 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Currently not possible as far as I know. Only tracks can return to the top menu after a track is played. Clips in a track are treated as chapters and will play as if the track is one whole movie.

I too would like to see the option to go back to the track menu after a chapter ends.

Question - TAW4 - dvd playback No.62741
Arfer Daley  2010-04-20 02:44:54 ( ID:ewvoryvw0cf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi
seem to going thru a bad patch
last couple of dvd i have burned with auth 4 the playback has been slightly jerky played on a standalone dvd player onto tv
the original files were wtv which i converted to dvr-ms for quickness
this jerkyness does not alway happen but seems to be geting more frequent should i leave them as wtv or an i missing something stupid i dont mind being called a fool its all a learning curve have a good day all :)

Question - TE40 - Green Block Noise No.59397
Shaan  2010-04-19 15:41:44 ( ID:nmzh8b8tzq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hiya,

Got the latest Express loaded on a new Sony i3 laptop. Does not matter which mpeg2 video I load, I get atleast 50-80% of the preview screen filled with green block noise. I tried a lot of different clips. The results are still the same. Video drivers are the latest from MS updates. No additional codecs loaded.

I tested same clips with trial versions of 4Videosoft and another proggy too. They load and edit fine. But no-go on your program.

Any advice appreciated.

Thankz.

Frank Corona  2010-04-19 18:44:07 ( ID:8hqeawkg2br )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First, dont trust Microsoft Update to have the latest, or best working, drivers for any hardware. Get them here:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER&PRODTYPE=1,70,72,66,24,9,26,5

Green macroblocks is usually a sign of a bad codec or a video driver with faulty hardware video acceleration code.

tkrave  2010-04-19 19:04:06 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have this error with the previous version(s) of 4.0 XPress?

Any way you can provide a sample of the video?

Shaan  2010-04-21 14:45:41 ( ID:nmzh8b8tzq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thankz Guys for the responses.

1. Tried the driver update directly from the NVidia site itself. No go. No change in outcome. I even loaded Express on my laptop. A HP dual-core with the 945 chipset. Upgraded to latest driver from the Intel website. Same issues.

So...I agree with you and think this is definitely a bad codec issue. Both laptops have Win7. The Sony i3 with Home Premium and mine with Ultimate.

2. I had used Express some time ago on this very same HP. An older version of Express about a year ago I guess. That time there were no issues.

Am sure I can provide a sample of the video itself. Will do something about it. It is mpg2 format. Recorded on external hard disk from free-to-air satellite. A Q&A session that Wifey wants to break down to individual clips.

...And Windows Media Player does not play the file. But VLC Player plays it without any issues.

Any further advice would be appreciated.

Thankz.

Shaan  2010-04-21 14:56:35 ( ID:nmzh8b8tzq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

....And one more issue please.

When I load the file. I get the "No Audio" message. In the Edit/Trim menu, there is no audio.

How do I sort it out???

Thankz

Shaan  2010-04-24 22:37:49 ( ID:nmzh8b8tzq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did not come across any option to upload a clip. So here is an analysis of the video.

Format : MPEG-PS
File size : 716 MiB
Duration : 39mn 59s
Overall bit rate : 2 503 Kbps

Video
ID : 224 (0xE0)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, Matrix : Default
Format_Settings_GOP : M=2, N=12
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 2 244 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 15.0 Mbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Standard : PAL
Resolution : 8 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.216
Stream size : 642 MiB (90%)

Audio
ID : 192 (0xC0)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 160 Kbps
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Video delay : -350ms
Stream size : 45.8 MiB (6%)

Hope this helps someone to give me some direction/advice in sorting out this issue. Else gonna dump this program forever and use 4Videosoft which works fine except it does not have the multi-trim facility.

Thankz

Shaan

Frank Corona  2010-04-25 01:20:21 ( ID:8hqeawkg2br )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Create an account and upload the clip to Megaupload (or similar service).

http://www.megaupload.com/?c=signup

Then post a link to the file when it's there. I've been very impressed with TMPGEnc so far because it hasnt had any problems with any files I've thrown at it. If you can upload it somewhere I can download it and try to manipulate it on my machine.

tkrave  2010-04-27 04:56:52 ( ID:6mmtuqjbdfo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You may also want to contact official support before you give up on the program. They probably have a better insight into the problem than we do.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

Question - TE40 - Best format for Web use No.59394
RobertH  2010-04-16 18:40:42 ( ID:nmxcfnhhktj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm experimenting with converting AVCHD format to something usable on Facebook etc. Ive tried a few of the options in TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress. Are there any rules to consider? Or, any known best options based on experience? I want to stick with the 16:9 ratio. Im using a Panasonic TM300.
thanks
Robert

tkrave  2010-04-17 01:28:57 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

MPEG-4 AVC is probably the best choice right now. YouTube recommends this format and it has a great quality/compression ratio so you'll get a good-looking video at a smaller file size.

RobertH  2010-04-17 22:38:59 ( ID:gathecibw7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks tkrave, everything else i have found leads that was as well.
Robert

>MPEG-4 AVC is probably the best choice right now. YouTube recommends this format and it has a great quality/compression ratio so you'll get a good-looking video at a smaller file size.

Question - TAW4 - Importing question No.62739
firit  2010-04-16 17:01:23 ( ID:zpivai/krer )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to use a video on my BD menu (not as background, in its own small window) but it shows picture with no sound. How can i add video and play it properly after encode?

tkrave  2010-04-16 18:28:30 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think you "turn-on" the sound of a user-added menu item. However, you can enable the background audio and select your video as the audio source. Granted, if you have multiple videos on your menu, you'd only be able to choose the audio from one of them.

Question - TE40 - Can't Open .MKV File In TMPG Express 4 No.59392
PJStyles  2010-04-16 01:08:23 ( ID:pmzijxuvywc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the following installed:

- Haali Media Splitter
- CoreCodec CoreAVC
- AC3 Filter
- FFDshow
- TMPGEnc Express 4

Whenever I try to open a .MKV file, it says it cannot open it. What am I missing here? I've been stumped on this for a while and have done a tremendous amount of google searching with no answers found.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PJStyles

Cid_X  2010-04-20 16:56:44 ( ID:j7hmj5zdnfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This worked for me.

"Jimcgr 2010/03/20 (Sat) 02:43 ( ID:jw/ckx7w5tk ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just want to add my experience as I think it will help people looking to open MKV (both vc-1 and h.264) files in TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress. I'm using windows 7.

After reading a thread on videohelp.com I uninstalled ffdshow and haali that I had previously installed then I installed Shark007. I launched Shark's application settings using "right-click" and "run as admin". Under the h.264 tab, on the right part, I changed "use Ms Codec" to "Use FFDshow's codec". Click exit button to apply. Make sure to restart TMPGenc if it was already running.

With this I can finally open those MKV files ( mainly the h.264 were the problem ) with tmpgenc!!"

Full thread here: http://bbs.tmpg-inc.com/bbs.php?key=mkv&search=+Search+&board=en_te40#topic1988

Question - TAW4 - problem with the disc writing tool No.62738
kkingccrimson  2010-04-13 20:31:54 ( ID:x6dj2voi7ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having problems using the disc writing tool.
It writes to the disc,and I can play it on a stand alone DVD player connected to my TV,but when I try playing it on my PC,it shows that it is blank?!!(I can watch DVDs on my PC with no problem)
This is really ticking me off since I have now wasted at least 5 discs.

plivac  2010-04-24 23:02:23 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

me too .. there is definitely something wrong with the disc writing tool and pos output process.... c'mon tech support answer us!

tkrave  2010-04-28 02:41:48 ( ID:6mmtuqjbdfo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would contact product support http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

Question - TE40 - Tmpg express 4.0 and AAC audio issues No.59391
bert  2010-04-12 00:30:08 ( ID:50rdv6o5fx6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having no audio issues when I export to mpeg-4 avc, the sound either pop's or there is no sound at all but the video plays fine. Is there something wrong with my AAC codec? I have k-lite and ffdshow tryouts installed yet I cannot get my AAC audio to work when I encoding to mpeg-4 avc. I am frameserving from PPro cs3 to express if that might be causing the problem? I made an hdv mpeg just fine but no luck with h.264.

Question - TAW4 - Best Format To Import Into Author 4 No.62730
Arfer Daley  2010-04-11 17:23:53 ( ID:ewvoryvw0cf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi guys
recorded tv is recorded in meadia center as wtv you can then convert to DVR-MS
so my question is what is the best format to inport into author for editing
WTV or DVR-MS

i really cant make my mind up thought i would throw it out to the wealth of knoledge here
thanks for any input forth coming

tkrave  2010-04-12 18:19:09 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think it matters, so you should just import whatever format your version of Media Center saves recorded tv as. Either way, they're going to be turned into regular MPEG-2 videos when you import them.

My wtv files are encoded as MPEG-2, but I believe the format also supports H.264 encoding. I think that would be the only reason to convert a wtv file to dvr-ms since TAW4 only imports wtv/dvr-ms files that are MPEG-2 encoded at this time. Not sure if Windows 7 can do that though; it may only be able to convert an MPEG-2 WTV file to dvr-ms.

Fred  2010-04-13 15:59:48 ( ID:kluhdccn91k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This may or may not answer your question, but I've had problems importing some AVI files (TMPGEnc pauses for 20 seconds and then closes/disappears, without any error messages) that worked fine after being converted to MP4 format and imported. But I presume you're question relates more to the image quality of various formats, which is something that I've been wondering about as well.

tkrave  2010-04-13 22:50:34 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

He's specifically talking about dvr-ms vs. wtv and which is the better format to import, not about all formats known to man.

But anyhoo, this advice can be applied to all formats: basically if you can import the file without converting it, that's the best option. You don't want to add additional encoding generations needlessly.

Arfer Daley  2010-04-17 13:58:31 ( ID:ewvoryvw0cf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for input i just didnt want to waste time as i see no differance when palyed back only the time wasted encoding you answerd my question

Hephaestus  2010-04-20 16:40:50 ( ID:qvbq8pwsq06 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was just wondering if there are different types of AVI formats or encoding. I already converted 2 videos that were in AVI format and burned them to a DVD. They both work great, but now for some odd reason TMPGEnc version 4.9.0.37 will not import any other AVI video file. The error message states " Could not open the video part of the file (gives directory) Only the audio part can be opened."
Does any one have any idea why it not working?

tkrave  2010-04-20 18:01:33 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it's an avi file, then it's most likely a codec problem. Either you don't have the right codec or there's a codec conflict or some other codec error. There are lots of different codecs for avi video and if you don't have the right one installed, you won't be able to play the video.

You can use a program like Gspot:
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

or MediaInfo:
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

These programs can tell you what kind of codec the video uses.

Hephaestus  2010-04-20 23:19:28 ( ID:zrn3m0u9qyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you tkrave, you are right i didnt have the codec installed. So if any one else has the same problem as me then here is a link:
http://www.codecguide.com/download_mega.htm

just download the mega package and it gives you a lot of codec, this way i will not get this problem ever again.

Request - TE40 - ATi Stream finally, or still living in the dark ages? No.59389
AEsir  2010-04-11 09:29:05 ( ID:wq9iq4h7djh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone from the development team let us finally know if there will be support for ATi Stream in a future release? Cyberlink Media Espresso has implemented it long time ago, works great and there is more software out there using ATi Stream. Never mind that sooner or later you have to support OpenCL so that the program will be GPU-brand agnostic. Any cares to let us know???

psychok9  2010-04-20 17:31:56 ( ID:2vxdbdkbtrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm very interested as well. Last ATi gpu are very powerful.

Acti  2010-04-24 20:27:15 ( ID:b022i3mrgcr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am surprised that the software publisher still favors CUDA (nvidia card required), so that now there thanks to directcompute directx11 (OpenCL nétant not a must since the software mentioned here are software windows)

well I think that using Direct2D rather than GDI (just there for compatibility Windows XP in my opinion) would be more

acrespo  2010-05-05 22:41:07 ( ID:mnmoiof.klh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, I would like to see a GPU encoding support, not only GPU filter processing.

Bug report - TAW4 - Missing Clips No.62727
HKUSA  2010-04-10 12:45:13 ( ID:rknowaycafm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Adding clips to the "Source" and if you edit the clip(set start frame), it will not show up in the menu and also simulation will not play the file.

HKUSA  2010-04-10 12:48:51 ( ID:rknowaycafm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you don't edit the clip the file it will show up in the menu and it will play the clip in the simulation. Please fix the problem.

tkrave  2010-04-12 18:30:18 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What version are you using?

What is your OS?

Are you using a pre-built template or a custom menu?

What type of video files are you importing? (avi, mpeg-2, etc.)

You may want to report this to their User Support page, 'cause you won't get an official response here.
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.