Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ]
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Mr Mark 3 2004-01-12 00:33:02

Question - TE25 - Mr No.40523
Mark  2004-01-11 08:16:26 ( ID:umxici6kwkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert AVI files from my digital still camera (CANON Powershot A70) to MPEG 1 files but I get the following error: "Cannot open or unsupported". The AVI files are 15 fps and resolution is 640 x 480 with mono sound. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

wilkinp4  2004-01-11 08:43:10 ( ID:2khcmwu9qrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try moving the VFAPI setting for images to the top of the list, and of course, make sure it has a tick in the box!

ashy  2004-01-11 13:20:56 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Images?
It's an AVI.
You either need the codec your camera is using to decode the AVI and/or you need to raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2.
If your AVI is DV then try raising the AVI2(openDML) reader to 2 instead.

Jon  2004-01-12 00:33:02 ( ID:d9hdnlxqfxg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just wanted to mention that my digital camera creates MJPEG (motion jpeg) encoded avi files, so youll need to get a codec for that if you dont already have it .. if you can play the avi file in media player then you shoule always be able to use tmpgenc to encode by moving the direcshow media file reader to a higer priority than the other file readers.
Jon

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.