Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 70 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW5 BBS Question about chapters and also XDVD BlizzardUK 0 2013-04-21 09:53:29
Request TVMW5 BBS Add capture stop timer in live DV/HDV capture mode benoitm 1 2013-05-17 13:42:38
Request TVMW5 BBS Add video preview when live capturing from (H)DV device benoitm 0 2013-04-15 19:35:18
Question TVMW5 BBS Order of filters? Smart Sharpness and Picture Crop Bob 0 2013-04-12 04:19:12
Question TAW5 BBS fastest workflow to enter subtitles from scratch benoitm 2 2013-06-02 02:46:40
Question TAW5 BBS Audio for a Slideshow (multiple clips) erikftc 1 2013-04-06 06:10:28
Question TAW4 HELP ME about the chapters in the track menu kilez 1 2013-04-06 05:59:54
Question TAW5 BBS first play & main menu ovo 5 2013-04-07 00:19:44
Question TAW5 BBS re-author BD to add subtitles benoitm 1 2013-04-06 03:32:18
Question TVMW5 BBS Audio not cut/synched when i cut beginning or middle of file Henry546 1 2013-04-03 08:42:29
Question TAW5 BBS TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 Eric Lautzenheiser 2 2013-05-30 00:42:02
Question TAW5 BBS Error during Darth Angelus 0 2013-03-30 00:38:25

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 70 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW5 BBS - Question about chapters and also XDVD No.67515
BlizzardUK  2013-04-21 09:53:29 ( ID:8l//1xjzpnf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have bought both Mastering Works 5 and Authoring Works 5.

My question first is regarding chapters in Authoring Works, I deal in authoring DVDs and blu-rays with lots of shows on each disc. I am a bit fed up with having to select each show and add chapters on each one individually. Sometimes I have 40+ shows per disc and when making a lot of them it soon adds up to a lot of time. In Ulead Movie Factory that allows you to add chapters on everything automatically at one click, you just select the duration gap between each chapter. Can you do this in Authoring Works ? I can make it automatic when I have clicked the chapter button, but I still have to do this on every video file, instead of all of them at once. Am I just missing the batch option somewhere for this ?

Secondly, I can't seem to encode xDVDs in AW and nor can I crop or use any filters/cropping. So to author a proper DVD I have to first encode and filter it in Mastering Works and then import in AW which is a 2 step process. Given Pegasys own both software, surely they could integrate this in Authoring Works too at an extra cost ? Or perhaps give extra features for those of us who have purchased both, like a plug-in or add on. Will this come on a future edition ?

Thanks everyone.

Request - TVMW5 BBS - Add capture stop timer in live DV/HDV capture mode No.67512
benoitm  2013-04-15 19:37:53 ( ID:yvwgfnhvwrl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would be nice to have a simple timer when Live capturing from DV/HDV device, in order to avoid filling the hard disk unnecessarily when capturing long programs in unattended mode....

smartfinder77  2013-05-17 13:42:38 ( ID:qdm08jb1tfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DV/HDV:

1Hour is 12.5GB in HDD (Video 25Mbps + Audio 1536kbps)

DVD_Parameter:
Best Video MPEG2 9.6Mbps + AC3 256Kbps
Best Audio MPEG2 8Mbps + PCM 1536Kbps

(Mode Software MPEG2 Encoder Pegasys 10bit)

Best Capture DV: WinDV (separate files .avi)

Request - TVMW5 BBS - Add video preview when live capturing from (H)DV device No.67511
benoitm  2013-04-15 19:35:18 ( ID:yvwgfnhvwrl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I understand this becomes a low-priority request as IEEE1394 capture quickly becomes obsolete.....but:
It would be nice to have a preview window when (live) capturing from a DV/HDV device. This is a.o. useful to position the pleadhead of a screenless DV/HDV device at the correct (start) position, and to monitor the picture/sound during capture.
In my case, I have a DVB-C decoder/recorder connected to my computer via an analog to DV transcoding device. Whenever I want to transfer video from the DVB-C unit, I have to connect it to an external monitor in order to seek the start point of my capture and see the DVB-C device on-screen controls.
It would be nice to be able to do all this right on the computer, from the TVMW5 capture session.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Order of filters? Smart Sharpness and Picture Crop No.67503
Bob  2013-04-12 04:19:12 ( ID:5naf9/4evxn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to apply 2 filters to my video clip -- Smart Sharpness and Picture Crop. Which filter should I apply first to insure the best quality?

Question - TAW5 BBS - fastest workflow to enter subtitles from scratch No.67491
benoitm  2013-04-11 23:27:01 ( ID:rjxf9pv5fww )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did I understand correctly that TAW5 only imports .srt .subtitle and .xsubtitle files ?
I am on a project where a large volume of subtitles needs to be added from scratch (i.e. a translator is going to write the text, no existing OCR or .srt files). I need to give recommendations to the writer in order to minimize his work (and mine).
Is there a better method to input these subtitles into TAW5 than copy & paste line-by-line, from a simple text file ? Writing directly in .srt format is not easy for the person in charge of the translation ?

Kuno  2013-05-02 23:48:24 ( ID:jr7aqprafbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sadly, no. There is nothing you can do. Have them write into .srt with substation alpha if must, but this program SUCKS for it's subtitle support. You be better off trying multiavchd. Freeware program with a heck of a lot better subtitle support. Pegasys has left us out to dry here with their complete lack of understanding in regards to how important subtitle support is. Or it could be the MPAA breathing down their neck as proper subtitle support would make bootleg blurays extremely easy to make.

George  2013-06-02 02:46:40 ( ID:lbmrula6qim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are correct about TAW5 lacking in subtitle support. However, it shouldn't be hard to convert most formats to .srt using the excellent, free Subtitle Edit and then import it over to ΤΑW5.

Question - TAW5 BBS - Audio for a Slideshow (multiple clips) No.67477
erikftc  2013-04-05 03:39:47 ( ID:dufsquqxtt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to create a slideshow with well over 200 photos (the limit for a slideshow). The problem isn't that it is over 200 photos the problem is that every 200 photos it the program creates a new "clip" within the track. Now I ended up with about 25 clips (some were very short) and I would like to add seamless music to the slideshow that consists of all 25 clips.

Are there ways to do this? Can I add an Audio Stream to a Track as I would for a clip? Is there a way to combine all 25 clips into one singular clip so I can add the Audio Stream to that?

Any help is appreciated

tkrave  2013-04-06 06:10:28 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Unfortunately, there's no way to apply audio to span multiple clips. You'd have to output the file to get a single video track and then import that track back into the project, then you'd be able to add your audio. So it is possible with a bit of work.

Question - TAW4 - HELP ME about the chapters in the track menu No.67476
kilez  2013-04-04 05:50:31 ( ID:ycikllcjgwn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I hope that here I solve this headache. I created a DVD with a first track and two track play menu. In the first track menu, I have only one episode of 30 minutes which when returned directly to the track just menu. The problem as I have in the second track menu, which termed as "extras" I have three videos (chapters) with a duration independent each other. My question is this:

After completing each chapter, you can return to the menu of the track both?, Because in my case if I press the first chapter, begins immediately after finishing second, and that's not what I want. What I want is that after finishing the chapter returns to the main menu which contains the 3 chapters.

tkrave  2013-04-06 05:59:54 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Unfortunately, you can't return to the menu after a chapter ends with TAW4.
However, they added a setting in TAW5 that allows you to return to the menu after a certain chapter.

Question - TAW5 BBS - first play & main menu No.67474
ovo  2013-04-03 18:38:35 ( ID:qp4wq5bs/sc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to connect the first play and the main menu,but in the final dvd big difference,switch from first play to main menu get bad,video is stretched to main menu and it turns out the big difference between the first play in main menu.both the video is made from a single shared file. why?? if you can tell me how can i solve this problem?

tkrave  2013-04-06 05:56:41 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What's the aspect ratio of the video and what's the aspect ratio of the menu?

ovo  2013-04-06 09:36:16 ( ID:qp4wq5bs/sc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

aspect ratio - 16:9 video and menu

tkrave  2013-04-06 10:22:25 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How is the video getting stretched on the menu? Is it cutting off the sides? I'm still not sure what's happening.

ovo  2013-04-07 00:11:02 ( ID:qp4wq5bs/sc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

in the finished project in simulation it shows all normal, but in ready dvd video in main menu stretched wide

ovo  2013-04-07 00:19:44 ( ID:qp4wq5bs/sc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

its look as if the resolution is different but it done from one shared file

Question - TAW5 BBS - re-author BD to add subtitles No.67471
benoitm  2013-04-03 01:06:15 ( ID:0nhs8egxhml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have authored a BD-R disc with TAW5.
The client asks me now to produce a version with subtitles.
I no longer have the project files (TAW file, source video, etc...)
Is it possible (easy) to rip this BD, and re-author it in order to add subtitles (closed captioning), keeping the video & audio streams intact (no retranscoding) ?

tkrave  2013-04-06 03:32:18 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It should be possible to import your BD and the video/audio should smart render. You will have to redo the menus though since you can't import menus.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Audio not cut/synched when i cut beginning or middle of file No.67468
Henry546  2013-04-02 10:55:58 ( ID:sdwta9ssz2l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am recording a video game playthrough with Fraps and then converting the AVI files to DIVX with Video Master Works 5.

No problem there, but if i take one of the converted DIVX files and then try to cut the first 50 seconds out, the audio does not seem to be synched.

The audio plays as if it started from the original 50 seconds i cut out.

I am using Normal mode and have set the Audio gap to -5000 and -50000 and the audio sounds the same either way.

The same thing happens if i try to take a converted DIVX file and cut out a 20 second block in the middle of the file. The audio does not appear to be cut out of the 20 second block.

Henry546  2013-04-03 08:42:29 ( ID:sdwta9ssz2l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I still haven't figured out why I can't get the audio to synch after processing the file a second time, but if i make the edits on the original unconverted file, the audio synchs correctly.

I don't know if there is any way around it, so i re-recorded my original videos and will just do all the processing from the uncompressed file.

The reason i wanted to process it a second time was due to the time involved in originally processing each file. I could process an hour or 2 of uncompressed videos to a smaller size and then come back later to edit them to free up a lot of disk space, which unfortunately doesn't look like i can.

Question - TAW5 BBS - TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 No.67461
Eric Lautzenheiser  2013-03-30 13:00:27 ( ID:umrixaymbto )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I just bought and installed TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5.
And installing, validated my key, program would start.
It would get almost all the way loaded trhen crashes everytime with these errors.

EAccessViolation occurred - module TMPGEncAuthoringWorks5.exe/6FA1B11B
At address 6FA1C11B , Write error occurred against address 6FA1C11B.

FastMM has detected a GetMem call after FastMM was uninstalled.

What does all this mean and why won't this run right?
I mean $100 is alot of money to spend on something that won't work!

Anybody have any ideas or help please.
Eric

Eric Lautzenheiser  2013-03-30 13:15:32 ( ID:umrixaymbto )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Update:
All it needed was for Apple Quicktime to be installed doh!
>Hello,
>I just bought and installed TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5.
>And installing, validated my key, program would start.
>It would get almost all the way loaded trhen crashes everytime with these errors.
>
>EAccessViolation occurred - module TMPGEncAuthoringWorks5.exe/6FA1B11B
>At address 6FA1C11B , Write error occurred against address 6FA1C11B.
>
>FastMM has detected a GetMem call after FastMM was uninstalled.
>
>What does all this mean and why won't this run right?
>I mean $100 is alot of money to spend on something that won't work!
>
>Anybody have any ideas or help please.
>Eric

Ludwig.B  2013-05-30 00:42:02 ( ID:5czhrq7hkhj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Eric,

installing Quicktime helped me solving the problem, too!

Thx!

Question - TAW5 BBS - Error during No.67460
Darth Angelus  2013-03-30 00:38:25 ( ID:311pj4ayqtc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having trouble creating a DVD. There are three tracks, the first has only one video with two audio tracks. Track two and three both have five videos each.

The first and third tracks are fine.

On the second track, video two and five show the following error when attempting to access them, either with the simulation mode or by creating an output file.

"An error occured during a process. (Error code: 0x80044009)"

My first thought was the video files had a problem but I replaced them and it has the same error. I even changed the order of the video files and it is always the second and fifth video, no matter what the video actually is.

What was originally the second video works perfectly if I swap it with the first video, for example.

Finally, I installed Authoring Works on my laptop to see what would happen and it had the exact same problem, so I'm kinda stuck.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.