Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 72 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Free talk TMSR4 New version and hdpvr and commercials rconn2 1 2013-06-15 20:39:27
Bug report TVMW5 BBS Problem with more than 7 mask layers phil 0 2013-03-07 02:47:18
Question TAW5 BBS Loading error UtilsDirectX macnab 1 2013-03-10 04:36:28
Question TAW5 BBS Background Video pepegot1@yahoo.com 2 2013-03-06 17:30:54
Question TAW5 BBS DVD full of VCD files macnab 1 2013-03-01 22:03:56
Question TVMW5 BBS TVMW 5 wants to dissable AV software during install Dasto 1 2013-03-15 01:27:07
Question TMSR4 Cannot edit a single .mkv file BrunoM 1 2013-03-05 05:28:07
Question TAW4 Clip ending D.Mino 2 2013-03-15 05:40:00
Question TVMW5 BBS Encoded Video stops while playing Svaartberg 0 2013-03-06 17:29:33
Request TME1 How to Diagnose DVD Burner Problems jasen 0 2014-11-28 13:00:00
Question TE40 it cuts movies in two Valerio 2 2014-12-02 18:57:50
Question TVMW5 BBS Crash Loading MP4 C++ Runtime Error bwhite 0 2013-02-23 15:45:28

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 72 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Free talk - TMSR4 - New version and hdpvr and commercials No.67417
rconn2  2013-03-09 21:05:39 ( ID:/bkhnhbht7w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The latest Feb. 2013 version now smart renders hauppauge hdpvr 1212 videos! This fixes the only serious, for me, shortcoming. I've experimented wirh clips from lots of different sources -- canon, gopro, ios mp4, hdpvr 1212, and others -- and tney all smart render.

I also tried the new Commercial Candidates feature, but it didn't detect any commercials that were present on a video. But, having this feature added is a plus which will hopefully be developed further.

Rick0725  2013-06-15 20:39:27 ( ID:zpzhxmp7eja )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The hauppauge hdpvr 1212 videos do not meet the Blu ray standards in regards to GOP structure. 720P videos will smart render 1080i videos will not.

This statement only applies to Blu ray standard videos. It will smart render MP4 mkv standard video files from the hauppauge hdpvr 1212. I tested all driver versions capturing 30 second 720p and 1080i. The hdpvr2 is worse in some regards if you are thinking of upgrading. the vbv flag is set to no, the bit rate does not meet the standand for some settings, along with the GOP issue.

Another area of concern is the MBAFF flag. It is coded non MBAFF/MBAFF for 1080i. It should be coded just MBAFF for interlaced.

Bug report - TVMW5 BBS - Problem with more than 7 mask layers No.67411
phil  2013-03-07 02:47:18 ( ID:wvza0ankmin )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

When I set up more than seven mask layers TMW doesn't let me select end edit the ones below 7 seven.
When I select 8 or 9 the selection always jumps back to 7.
7 is the number that is still visible without scrolling down.

Win7 64 bit
TVMW 5.3.1.85
1280x1024 screen resolution

Regards
Philipp

Question - TAW5 BBS - Loading error UtilsDirectX No.67402
macnab  2013-03-06 11:54:56 ( ID:s802wx4typc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried doing a Repair Install but doesn't help. When I add clips I keep getting this error - Loading error UtilsDirectX. Tried different clips, not specific clip related.

Using trial version. So can't save. Adding 16 clips. Extremely frustrating.

Persen  2013-03-10 04:36:28 ( ID:as4qxzcqqln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DirectX error, not TAW5's fault. Download and install the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft's homepage.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Question - TAW5 BBS - Background Video No.67384
pepegot1@yahoo.com  Home )  2013-03-04 09:30:39 ( ID:rayyo/bgtoc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I load a video as a background but, when I go to simulate, the video does not play No problem with stills but, video should play? Video formats, m2ts, avi mpg. None work. I am asking for something the software cannot do?
Motion should be possible

gspanos  2013-03-04 20:45:18 ( ID:bsa4l56wzbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Isn't there a 'motion' button? I see one on AW-5 when I'm in simulation mode. You click on it, and it takes a while to start, which is a pain. I asked help about it, and they said that they'd work on improving it so the motion would start at the same time as sound and not make you click motion every time.

tkrave  2013-03-05 05:22:02 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Be sure to also activate motion menus in the Global DVD/Blu-ray settings in the Menu Stage.

Question - TAW5 BBS - DVD full of VCD files No.67381
macnab  2013-03-01 22:00:52 ( ID:g9fm1hqa4xa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I do a lot of VHS to DVD. If needed after capture, I make sure the files are VCD compliant. Then put them on DVD, leaving them as VCD as I get so much more on the disk, and there is not much point in converting to MPEG2.

With TAW4 I had no problems. With TAW5 it wants to convert them to MPEG2 at 2000kbs.

I assume that Pegasys, in their wisdom, have decided that in TAW5, MPEG1 can't stay that way. Fixing something when it ain't broke.

In Preferences->Project default settings->DVD-video settings I can force it to use MP2 for the audio. But can't find a way to force video to MPEG1 CBR 1150.

Is there not possible to do this, or have I just not found it?

macnab  2013-03-01 22:03:56 ( ID:g9fm1hqa4xa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Suddenly it has decided to use smart-rendering for MPEG1 video. Don't know what changed.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - TVMW 5 wants to dissable AV software during install No.67380
Dasto  2013-03-01 02:56:28 ( ID:efeec7y3xbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Bought it yesterday and i it poped up a dialog that it wanted to dissable AV software during install or req a reboot after install, witch i found a bit odd sence this is the first software that ive installed asking this.
Any ideas why? compabillity problems?

tkrave  2013-03-15 01:27:07 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Probably because it wants to communicate with the validation server to validate your license. Some AV software think it's a virus or something.

Question - TMSR4 - Cannot edit a single .mkv file No.67377
BrunoM  2013-02-27 11:26:47 ( ID:swor7hze6s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have purchased MPEG Smart Renderer 4, based on the claims of reduced/minimized re-encoding of edited files, in order to be able to cut the start & end of some video files I have.

These files can have a few "dead" seconds at the start and/or the end of each. Removing this "dead time" should not result in re-encoding the whole file, since I'm not touching the rest of the videos.

So, after buying MPEG Smart Renderer 4, I import this one .mkv file, cut the "dead time" in the edit window... only to see that the clip is not of type "master" but "rescue". When I try to proceed from the "source" to the "format" tab, the programme keeps complaining I need to have a Master Clip before it can proceed to the next tab: problem is, I cannot set the one and only clip as Master Clip. Nor can I find an option to "import a master clip".

So I'm stuck. The help files are not that helpful and I cannot find any documentation about such a situation.

Help?

tkrave  2013-03-05 05:28:07 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the video stream format? In order for it to be smart renderable (or set as a master clip), it has to be MPEG-1/2, MPEG-4 AVC. MKV is just a container format, so the video stream can be anything. Check the file with a program like MediaInfo.

Question - TAW4 - Clip ending No.67376
D.Mino  2013-02-27 03:28:29 ( ID:p9klscaqlfr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I use TMPGencAuthoringWorks 4
I have built a menu with 4 button. Each button links a page which contains from 3 to 6 clips. When I push a button, correctly goes to the page. Than I click the clip thumbnail and the clips starts. This is OK. The trouble is that at the end of the clips starts the next clip of the page, instead of stopping and showing again the page with the clips and I don't know where I can set the "no transition".

Thanks in advance

Mino

tkrave  2013-03-05 05:24:00 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since your clips are all in the same track, they will play one after the other as if the entire track was one movie. You will need to put each clip in a separate track if you want to go back to the menu after playback ends.

In TAW5, there is an option to go back to the menu after a chapter ends, but this feature is not in TAW4.

D.Mino  2013-03-15 05:40:00 ( ID:vcoityoqzqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for you answer but I have another question.

As I have explained before I have a main menu with some button that
links to some submenus. ( Simply each button in the main menu
show an year and each submenu contains all clips of that year ).

Every submenus have 2, 3, 4, or 5 clips that can be started with a button.
I cannot understand where I can set a different number of button for each submenus.

For example : year 1984 contain 1 clip, 1985 contain 5 clip, 1986 contains 5 clip.
When I choose the menu with 4 button the program inserts 4 + 4 + 3 button but
this is not what i like since I want to insert a button for each clip in different submenu.
Sorry, for my long question and for my poor english.
I hope I was clear enough

Mino

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Encoded Video stops while playing No.67375
Svaartberg  2013-02-26 17:39:06 ( ID:/jz3z7cwzwh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey Guys,

I´ve got a bad problem with my encoded videos from TMPEG.
When I play this video with VLC the video stops at a time of 40 seconds.
If i set an other time to play this video (maybe one an a half minute) it runs normally till end.

There is a time between this two times where I can´t play this video. If I switch between this time VLC will start the video again from 00:00.

That problem often occurs.
What causes that?
What can I do so that does not occurs again?

Your Svaartberg

Request - TME1 - How to Diagnose DVD Burner Problems No.67373
jasen  Home )  2013-02-25 12:06:53 ( ID:ct0b1ruo/yr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How to Diagnose DVD Burner Problems

DVD burning allows users to store data, create home movies and share discs like never before. They hold more then triple the amount of a CD disc and have only expanded in use since their introduction. The DVD may be useless to you, though, if you have DVD burning problems, and the whole stack of blank DVDs you own could become nothing but coasters if you do not troubleshoot the problem.

Instructions

Make sure you are using a DVD burner. Some computers are only equipped with CD-RW burner or a DVD-Rom drive, so DVD discs will not be able play in them at all. DVD-Rom drives only read DVDs--they do not write them.

Check to see if your drive is compatible with the blank DVD discs that you are using. DVD discs are either DVD- or DVD+ and this could be a huge problem when you are trying to load the DVD. The front of your drive has a DVD+RW, a DVD-RW or a DVD+-RW symbol on it that represents what discs are accepted.

Select the proper drive when burning the DVD. DVD-burning software should automatically select the right burner, but in some cases it might select another disc drive on the computer or the hard drive itself.

Check to see if the DVD disc you are burning is blank. Sometimes burned discs may become mixed up with blank discs and you may have inserted the wrong one into your drive. The best way to avoid this is by labeling all of your DVDs when you have completed the burning process.

Change the speed of the project. Some DVDs may mess up if you are burning them too fast; a slower burn rate will give you better results and run more compatibly with multiple DVD drives.

Update the firmware on your DVD burner. Outdated firmware could cause your burner to malfunction. Find the type of DVD drive by going to the "Devices" section in the "Control Panel," and then search for the newest firmware on the manufacturer's official website.

Try multiple discs. So many blank DVD discs are processed at factories that there is a chance that you may come across a dud or two. If the process fails the first time, try another disc, and if it does not work then try to eliminate other potential problems one by one.

Question - TE40 - it cuts movies in two No.67372
Valerio  2013-02-25 08:52:57 ( ID:wepbpjmzizc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi guys. Can anybody tell me why the TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress converter cuts the movies in two if they are long? Can this be avoided?

tkrave  2013-02-26 04:57:20 ( ID:/nw.rgkce7n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is your output format? AVI? AVI and older versions of DivX have a file size limit of 4 GB, so if it exceeds that, then it might be splitting it at the 4 GB mark.

mxxx_rooster  2013-08-04 07:49:29 ( ID:ijvwdyhmxs6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I haven't had the problem although a lot of these software proggys have a setting making each portion the size of a specific madia. In other words, if the setting is DVD (MPEG2) there may be a 4.7 gig limit. An mpeg1 (VCD) may have a typical CD limit of 640 meg... etc...

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Crash Loading MP4 C++ Runtime Error No.67361
bwhite  2013-02-23 15:45:28 ( ID:murm7ka1ouj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have recently started getting this error when I try loading newer MP4 files:

MS Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program:...
File: .\mkvparserstreamvideo.cpp
Line: 417

Expression: stop_ns > start_ns

I have tried reinstalling the runtime libraries and several codecs. The files load and play fine in bsplayer.

I am on version 5.3.1.85

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.