Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 84 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TVMW5 BBS single MP4 with multiple segments encoded with different H.264 settings benoitm 1 2012-08-01 02:34:28
Request TAW5 BBS Highlight Fade Pacem 0 2012-07-29 10:07:33
Question TE40 how to combine several videos marian 2 2013-03-04 12:20:10
Question TVMW5 BBS How to crop from 16:9 to 4:3 luuuc 1 2012-07-31 07:49:22
Question TVMW5 BBS New User - What's best way to learn? DaveW 2 2012-08-05 01:20:04
Question TAW5 BBS BATCH authoring is very good but............... vikrom ketsamma 2 2012-07-25 12:19:26
Question TAW4 Audio and/or subtitle options on the Top Menu? St. Elmo's Oxygen 1 2012-07-25 03:40:38
Question TAW5 BBS Activation and license nick 2 2012-07-25 04:23:46
Free talk TAW5 BBS Tips for creating large slideshows Brian Ward 0 2014-12-03 12:53:41
Request TAW5 BBS Feature requests - More than 200 slides and more than one audio file Brian Ward 0 2012-07-23 21:15:18
Question TVMW5 BBS Framerate kriper 1 2012-07-25 04:07:53
Question TAW5 BBS highlight fade in/out ovo 1 2012-07-29 06:35:06

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 84 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TVMW5 BBS - single MP4 with multiple segments encoded with different H.264 settings No.66454
benoitm  2012-08-01 00:45:21 ( ID:4uvytszflrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to concatenate in a single MP4 file several "segments" that have been encoded with different H.264 parameters ? I know how to do this with MPEG-2, but don't know which tool to use for H.264/MP4 files ?

(example: you may want part of a movie encoded in CBR, and another in VBR; or a different encoding "strategy" for parts of a movie like: smaller GOP, better control of banding in the shades of extremely dark scenes, etc.)

tkrave  2012-08-01 02:34:28 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's not possible with TVMW5, but it's possible with professional encoding software/hardware.

Request - TAW5 BBS - Highlight Fade No.66448
Pacem  2012-07-29 10:07:33 ( ID:f86mjwboqej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Now that TAW5 allows the duration of the highlight to be delayed, I am hoping that an update will enable highlights to be faded in, as well. This feature would add a more professional look to the finished menu.

Question - TE40 - how to combine several videos No.66446
marian  2012-07-28 18:13:05 ( ID:tv9glhfixrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how to combine several videos??

tkrave  2012-07-31 07:40:03 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Add all of your videos as clips in the Source stage, in the order you want them from top to bottom. In the Format stage, make sure to select to output all videos as one file (there should be a drop down menu for this option towards the top of the window.

dreambox dm800  Home )  2012-08-03 15:37:39 ( ID:hoyodxq08zn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thano you like them
it is good
ok

Question - TVMW5 BBS - How to crop from 16:9 to 4:3 No.66445
luuuc  2012-07-28 11:17:20 ( ID:iskacmj23hf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I have a DVD that was created from an old 4:3 source (video tape). When I import into VMW5 I can see that the black bars at the sides are actually a part of the video, so the software correctly identifies it as 16:9 (interlaced) video.

I would like to encode this as a 4:3 (progressive) video file, and minimize any loss of quality since being from video it is already not great.

What is the best way to remove the black bars? Do I use the "Crop" filter function?
Any tips for keeping the final video as true to the original as possible?

tkrave  2012-07-31 07:49:22 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, you'll need to use the crop function to crop out the black bars.

For maintaining quality, I like outputting as MPEG-4 AVC and using the VBR constant quality settings. You can set quality to 100 (the max). Since your source was DVD and you've cropped it, you can probably get away with a pretty low bitrate and still maintain the source's details.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - New User - What's best way to learn? No.66443
DaveW  2012-07-27 04:40:28 ( ID:dh7gzggehb. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just bought this sofware. I'm new to video editing. What is the best method (YouTube video's, doumentation, other) to learn how to use it?

tkrave  2012-07-28 05:23:07 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

They have some videos that might be helpful:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw5_media.html#videos

ds_BC  2012-08-05 01:20:04 ( ID:olt9jfyn2fm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I found to the Video Help site to be a good resource.
http://www.videohelp.com

Question - TAW5 BBS - BATCH authoring is very good but............... No.66428
vikrom ketsamma  2012-07-24 16:15:31 ( ID:cdvussajmc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

BATCH authoring is very good but After finish can not shutdown.
Please add t next update

tkrave  2012-07-25 03:43:05 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The option is there. In the Batch Authoring window, click on Options-->Finishing Task-->Shutdown.

vikrom ketsamma  2012-07-25 12:19:26 ( ID:cdvussajmc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THANK

I save in last file to batch finish to shutdown but not.

OK thank again for suggest.

Question - TAW4 - Audio and/or subtitle options on the Top Menu? No.66427
St. Elmo's Oxygen  2012-07-24 15:47:52 ( ID:r02exa2vt0h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have two tracks on a custom menu and I'd like to have the option of having links to audio tracks and subtitles on the top menu. I've tried doing it with no top menu, but then there is no way to get from one track to the other. I even tried creating some custom buttons (it wouldn't let me hit ok, no matter what I did), thinking I could tell a picture or text to link to a certain page.

Is there a way to add my own link within the menu structure, or am I limited to the material in the various tracks? In case my explanation isn't clear, here's an image of the top menu I'm working on, where I'd like to add a subtitle/audio link to the page that has both of them on it.

http://postimage.org/image/4hou7uowx/

I'm just trying to create a menu in the way that most retail DVD menus are designed, where the main page has a link to all of the options that the disc offers, like special features, audio and subtitles, and chapter selections, along with a play movie option. Authoring Works seems to offer all of these options, but not necessarily all at the same time on the same page. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

tkrave  2012-07-25 03:40:38 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TAW4 won't let you have audio/subtitle links on the top menu. I think it's because each track can have it's own set of audio and subtitle tracks, which is why they can only appear on track menus.

Question - TAW5 BBS - Activation and license No.66426
nick  2012-07-24 06:26:01 ( ID:tmrkzelipul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I want to switch my license from one computer to another that I own, what are my limitations here? I don't want to use the software on more than one computer at a time, but from time to time I would probably need to switch between two machines. How is this handled?

Also, one of the computers has internet access very infrequently... I am a little worried about constant validation... What is the time period between verifications? If its like once every six months, it might be ok... but if not, that isn't really acceptable to me.

I was going to place my order today, but this validation stuff has me a little worried. I really like your product, but if I can't use it the way I want, it would be foolish for me to buy it.

tkrave  2012-07-25 03:28:38 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

They would tell you that you have to uninstall the software on the old computer before installing it on a new computer. As long as you don't use it on two computers at once or install it on multiple computers within a short timeframe, you should be okay.

Validation happens maybe once every two weeks. Haven't really kept track though, so it might be more or less.

nick  2012-07-25 04:23:46 ( ID:wbl0aezyxp. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply.

I really have to say the 1-2 weeks reactivation bothers me. This would mean I'd have to drudge one of my desktops up 2 flights of stairs (no wifi reception in the basement) to reactivate. It seems a little draconian considering I'm willing to spend $100 to legitimately buy the software.

Its a shame because this is the easiest to use software I've found. Its very well made...

Free talk - TAW5 BBS - Tips for creating large slideshows No.66424
Brian Ward  2012-07-23 21:38:47 ( ID:wvnsvtpxjxc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1) If you're creating VERY large slideshows, create each topic as a seperate sub-project. Complete each with music and subtitles (eg Holidays 2001, 2002, 2003 etc) and output as a DVD to your hard disk.

Once you have created all the sub-projects, create a new master project and import each sub-project, selecting the subtitles you want to import. Repeat for each slideshow sub-project. Once all are imported, build the menus then output the entire master project and burn to DVD.

Doing this TAW5 is a lot more responsive and stable than one very large project. If make a mistake, just edit and re-render the sub-project. You should delete the old sub-project from the master project, then re-import to problems - particularly if the new version of teh sub-project is of different length. This way it only takes minutes to correct a mistake and re-render to DVD - instead of hours if it was one large project.

2) Slideshows only need a low bitrate. Slideshows with animation work fine at 2500 kbps, or lower if no animation. This way you can get 6 or 7 hours of slideshow on one dual-layer DVD.

3) It's not everyone's taste, but I think transistions and animations are good. Don't overdo transitions - it can get irritating - usually best to stick to the same simple transistion for each photo - eg dissolve. If zooming in, select local setting for each picture, and select the subject by clicking on it (eg click on the face of a person) - that way TAW5 zooms into the subject (where the eye naturally focuses), rather than zooming off to some random point in the distance.

4) Subtitles are terrific for slideshows. I use three - picture description, the music currently playing and the picture filename. Decide on the duration of each picture before adding subtitles - otherwise you'll have to spend ages changing the subtitle timings (The default of 5s for each seems to work well). I set the picture description as the default (ie it always displays unless turned off or changed to a different subtitle). Each subtitle type (or individual subtitle) can be a different colour - I use a different colour for each of the three.

Request - TAW5 BBS - Feature requests - More than 200 slides and more than one audio file No.66423
Brian Ward  2012-07-23 21:15:18 ( ID:wvnsvtpxjxc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1) Currently only 200 pictures per slideshow are allowed - although multiple slideshows can be added to one track. I am unaware of any technical reason (ie DVD standards) why this is restricted to 200. This causes difficulties for soundtracks and subtitles. Can this be increased to at least 1000?

2) Currently only one audio file can be selected. This causes problems especially for background music for slideshows, where you have to edit multiple files into a single file before use. It would be great if more than one file could be selected that would then play sequentially.

3) The ability to change the duration of multiple subtitles. For example - in a slideshow if you want to change the display duration of all pictures from say 5s to 6s, all subtitles timings need to be manually adjusted.

4) The ability to import a subtitle file to the end of an existing subtitle file. For example if you combine all the pictures from two slideshows into one, there is no easy way to append the subtitles of the second slideshow at the end of the first.

5) I've noticed a new issue in TAW5 I didn't notice in TAW4. When you are in the pictures tab reviewing pictures, it is very easy to accidentally move the position of a picture (try clicking on each picture on the left in turn - you will find it impossible to do without changing the order of the pictures.

6) Zoom in to a rectangle doesn't zoom in to the selected area. This also didn't work on TAW4.

Other than that and that TAW5 is not quite as stable as TAW4, this is the best slideshow software on the market.

Regards Brian

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Framerate No.66421
kriper  2012-07-22 00:22:53 ( ID:azypjnzdmfn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I use the encding MPEG 4 and full HD 1920x1080 The option framerate 50fps is not aviable. Only 30fps as highest.
Why?

tkrave  2012-07-25 04:07:53 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can go up to 60fps and 50 fps is available.
What version of TVMW5 are you using?
What are your profile and level settings?

Question - TAW5 BBS - highlight fade in/out No.66420
ovo  2012-07-21 15:41:14 ( ID:agq7oyc0.hg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hallo. i have a question to you.In this version you've fixed the problem with highlight fade in,of course it is very good but, is it possible also make highlight fade out?????

Pacem  2012-07-29 06:35:06 ( ID:f86mjwboqej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually, the new feature is a highlight delay, not a fade in. A true highlight fade in (and fade out) option would be a great feature for an update, though.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.