Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 122 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Request TE25 Subtitles (DirVobSub) "disappear" with MP4 & matching file (2.5 Plus) beeman 0 2011-03-04 16:54:23
Question TVMW5 BBS MKV and PS3 Server gordoncanada 1 2011-03-05 23:07:21
Question TE40 Prefetch-Cache Mr. Cutter 0 2011-03-03 18:46:47
Question TAW4 ERROR OPENING PROGRAM claudio 0 2011-03-01 17:57:41
Question TVMW5 BBS clip viewer error tbnich 3 2011-03-02 02:22:21
Question TVMW5 BBS Encoding video and audio (CUDA encode active) ... (CPU=100%, CUDA=0%)? ViperGeek 5 2011-04-12 21:45:10
Question TVMW5 BBS Multiple audio streams chili 1 2011-03-03 17:36:23
Question TVMW5 BBS Win 32 Hanbdles growing to > 70K bga123 1 2011-02-27 20:34:24
Question TAW4 wmv made into dvd is poor. BOBC 2 2011-02-26 20:01:04
Question TAW4 How to select widescreen 16:9 ? BOBC 2 2011-02-26 11:02:17
Question TDA3 Just where is widescreen 16:9 choice made ? BOBC 1 2014-12-03 12:54:48
Question TAW4 What setting for a custom video size ? BOBC 0 2011-02-26 07:56:50

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 122 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Request - TE25 - Subtitles (DirVobSub) "disappear" with MP4 & matching file (2.5 Plus) No.64403
beeman  2011-03-04 16:54:23 ( ID:5xzfjvwte5n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a fix for this?
I've used DirVobSub for years, but can't find a solution.
Running XP SP2.

Q:
Is there any way to get TMPGE 2.5 Plus to "turn on" (and keep on) DirVobSub when loading an MP4/h264 file with matching SRT file the way it will when it's an AVI file with matching SRT file? It keeps loading DirVobSub -- but within half a second, DirVobSub keeps disappearing with TMPGE (works fine with Windows Media Player). Here's more detail:

If I load an AVI file & matching SRT or ASS subtitle file into my TMPGE 2.5 Plus (paid verison, I purchased it a long time ago) the green arrow icon appears and dirvobsub works fine (ie: episode1.avi & episode1.srt).

The problem is now that a lot of video files are starting to be MP4 format and x264, instead of AVI (episode1.mp4 & episode1.srt).

TMPGE2.5Plus has no problems loading the MP4 format (though you have to select "ALL FILE TYPES" to even have it show). But it would ignore and not even load a matching subtitle file. Of course Windows Media Player (which couldn't play an MP4 file by itself -- this is XP I'm using) couldn't even play it at all.

So I found a codec -- x264vfw (h264/MPEG4 AVC Video For Windows codec) -- and installed it. Now the subtitles work great with the MP4 files with Windows Medial Player -- but STILL "DISAPPEAR" WITH TMPGE!

Now if I have episode1.mp4 and episode1.srt and use Windows Media Player to play the file, it will load up the Green Arrow icon for DirVobSub and show the subtitles fine.

But if I try to load the file and use TMPGE2.5Plus to turn it into an MPEG2 file, what happens is this: when I first load the file, I see the green arrow appear for about HALF A SECOND -- then instantly DISAPPEAR, and it's gone. Then if I go into, for instance, CLIP FRAME option in TMPGE, the same thing happens -- it loads the green arrow icon for a split second, then it disappears immediately -- and there are no subtitles.

The only "fix" I found to this is that I also have FFDSHOW installed, and I can use the "FORCE SUBTITLE" option on FFDSHOW (outside of DirVobSub), which does work -- but the subtitle options on FFDSHOW are limited, and for instance, you CAN'T set LEFT/RIGHT margins with the FFDSHOW Subtitle options (for long subtitle lines that go to the very edges of the screen that will inevitably be cut off on any stadard TV...) DirVobSub has easy options to make sure you can leave "space" between the first or last letter of a subtitle line and the edge so words aren't cut off. So there's a reason I want to use DirVobSub instead of FFDSHOW.

But it's the weirdest thing. Why -- when I have the codec installed now to bring it up even with an MP4 h264 file -- does DirVobSub work just fine when I used Windows Media Player -- but when using TMPGE 2.5 Plus, it brings it up only for a split second before shutting it down? No matter what I do, I can't get the green arrow icon/DirVobSub to stay on when using MP4 & matching subtitle file even though it'll stay on just playing the file with Windows Media Player, or if it's an AVI file with matching subtitle file, TMPGE works just fine.

I know this is a weird question, but it's really bugging me (especially because TMPGE *IS* starting DirVobSub for a split second -- but then as soon as the green arrow appears it immediately disappears, as does DirVobSub).

Is there any way to get TMPGE 2.5 Plus to "turn on" (and keep on) DirVobSub when loading an MP4 file with matching SRT file the way it will when it's an AVI file with matching SRT file?

Question - TVMW5 BBS - MKV and PS3 Server No.64400
gordoncanada  2011-03-04 09:46:42 ( ID:.g5g8jv545o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anybody been able to play MKV files converted to that format by TMPGenc Video Mastering Works? What settings did you use? I can play the converted files on my computer, but when I try to stream them to my PS3 it comes up as "corrupted data." Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks!!

plivac  2011-03-05 23:07:21 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just convert any MKV in MPEG and PS3 Server will not have trouble playing it - also make sure you have avisynth installed..
http://www.davieslim.com/ps3/guide-to-streaming-videos-with-subtitle-on-ps3-with-java-ps3-media-server/

Problem is that if your MKV has multiple subs TMPG will play the default ones and it will stutter - so just convert to MPEG and you should have no problems (except for subtitles)

Question - TE40 - Prefetch-Cache No.64398
Mr. Cutter  2011-03-03 18:46:47 ( ID:zfrpnc/xxz2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I`m working with the recent release of Xpress. I have a HP Workstation Z800 with 12GB RAM and a Quadro 4000. I am using the Prefetch-Function (Multithread-Options), but the max. Video-Prefetch is 512MB. It is not possible to raise it higher, although my workstation has 12GB RAM. Is it a bug?

Question - TAW4 - ERROR OPENING PROGRAM No.64389
claudio  2011-03-01 17:57:41 ( ID:msanltc6rhm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After double click on program (trial version) i see a windows whith this message:
"EACCESS VIOLATION OCCURRED - module TMPGEncAutoringWorks4Trial.exe / 0B1DAB89
AT ADDRESS 0B1DBB89, READ ERROR OCCURRED AGAINST ADDRESS 0B1DBB89" and the program stopped.
Can you help me?

Thanks.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - clip viewer error No.64381
tbnich  2011-02-28 14:54:29 ( ID:khs./ffbkyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get "error occurred....0xC00D36B2" every time I change position in
the timeline when editing or using a filter.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

I have the latest release. Do not have this problem in TMPGEnc 4.0.
I am using windows 7, media player 12
I am using Avid Media Composer 5.

tkrave  2011-03-01 03:17:33 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What kind of filters are you using? I'll see if I can replicate the error.

tbich  2011-03-01 05:03:56 ( ID:khs./ffbkyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was using the color correction filter. However I get the
same error when doing simple editing. Anytime I reposition
the playline with the mouse, I get this error.

Thinking it has something to do with windows media preview, just a guess.

tbnich  2011-03-02 02:22:21 ( ID:khs./ffbkyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was having a problem with Avid DVD where my video was upside down, so
I did some internet research and someone had suggested that DivX and ffdshow were causeing the problem because of an option selected on install. I removed
DivX and ffdshow and it seems that my issue in Mastering Works 5 has gone away.

Thanks for taking time to investigate.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Encoding video and audio (CUDA encode active) ... (CPU=100%, CUDA=0%)? No.64377
ViperGeek  2011-02-28 07:45:09 ( ID:qokmobblmxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe I have two nVIDIA CUDA-enabled video cards (GeForce 9800 GX2) and VMW5 agrees. I've got "Enable NVIDIA CUDA" and "Use CUDA for filtering" enabled. When selecting CUDA as the video encoder on the Video tab of an MPEG-4 AVC stream format, the encode goes very fast.

The only bugivation for me is the fact that the encoding status never shows CUDA processor utilization. Instead, I see:

Encoding video and audio (CUDA encode active)... Pre-processing (CPU=100%, CUDA=0%)

Should the CUDA= change if VMW5 is taking advantage of my GeForce 9800 GX2 video card? Is there another setting or video output I can use to see CUDA processing time?

I'm also not sure why it says "Pre-processing", but that's a question for another post.

Thanks!

- Dave

ViperGeek  2011-02-28 08:09:12 ( ID:qokmobblmxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>
>Encoding video and audio (CUDA encode active)... Pre-processing (CPU=100%, CUDA=0%)
>

I figured it out via the awesome built-in Help. Apparently you need to enabled it under Preferences... Input/output format list -> MPEG -> MPEG video decoder. Set the various MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and/or MPEG-4 AVC video decoders to "CUDA hardware" to take advantage of the extra processing power in your nVIDIA video card.

- Dave

dazombie46  2011-03-12 07:28:19 ( ID:j5.fsixzadc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thx for the tip,

this option should be fixed to prevent such mistakes!!

but now i get ---> cpu60% - cuda40% thats nice but still not good.

should be both 100 % that would be awesome:) please fix this

tkrave  2011-03-15 02:06:53 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>thx for the tip,
>
>this option should be fixed to prevent such mistakes!!
>
> but now i get ---> cpu60% - cuda40% thats nice but still not good.
>
>
>should be both 100 % that would be awesome:) please fix this

I don't think it means that only 60% of the CPU is being used. It means that 60% of the output process is using the CPU and 40% is using CUDA. So theoretically, 100% of the CPU could be used to process 60% of the output. Change the task priority to make sure TVMW5 is getting the most of your CPU's resources.

diceman2037  2011-03-26 04:20:12 ( ID:n.st5sh/bnl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

from what i've seen, the cuda % only reacts to VPU usage during decoding, the encoding seems to be done on the gpu.

djuss  2011-04-12 21:45:10 ( ID:rr.tl75zkfl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did this and still cpu 100% cuda 0% ??

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Multiple audio streams No.64372
chili  2011-02-28 00:28:50 ( ID:.b3fkmeqyzj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I got real excited when I saw that TPGEnc VMW 5 now supports x264. I am now learning how to use it, but I cannot figure out how to add multiple audio streams (not even 2) to an MKV. Is it possible that TMPGEnc now supports only one audio track? Thank you.

Suchy  2011-03-03 17:36:23 ( ID:illqdmv3vuf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It looks like this. But you can encode into two files (http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw5_new.html#mkv):
1. MKV file with video and first audio track
2. AAC/MP4 file with second audio track only

And later mux them together with free software MKVToolnix.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Win 32 Hanbdles growing to > 70K No.64363
bga123  2011-02-26 11:54:06 ( ID:jibxywan2v6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When running an encode of multiple files that takes multiple hours I am getting alerts from monitoring software that I have installed warning me that process TMPGEncVMW5.exe is consuming increasing number of handles that it is not releasing. The growth continues even after the encode is completed if you don't exit the program. is this a bug? I'm running windows 7 64-bit and 5.02.22 version of TMPGEnc.

Marty56  2011-02-27 20:34:24 ( ID:l9wwgstcjdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try v 32. I had that same issue and I think the problem is gone now.

Question - TAW4 - wmv made into dvd is poor. No.64359
BOBC  2011-02-26 08:58:58 ( ID:cysi6gv.8ih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

.wmv file of a 1436px wide x 856px tall 7fps recording looks good if played on pc using windows media player. I used TMPGenc Authoring Works 4 on this file and 16:9 max quality setting, having found the settings button now, and can see all of the recording in simulation. Play the resulting dvd on tv, it is soft and misses off base of recording, despite tring out all the screen ratios on my sony WEGA. Play it on PC and its also soft and smaller on screen when played with Windows media player than using that same prog to play the original wmv.

So why has TMPGenc made a poorer job of it ? Pic ratio 16:9 and pic qlty max was the settings. Bitrate 6000kbs (though I dont understand what that does, I left it at that). rate control mode VBR (smart rendering 1 pass VBR) MPEG-2 video 720x576 25fps.

BOBC

tkrave  2011-02-26 11:15:15 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can increase the video bitrate to 9000kbs or so and that should improve things a bit. The bitrate is how much data is supplied to the video/audio stream. The higher the bitrate, the more detail can be encoded into the outputted file. The tradeoff is that higher bitrate videos take up more disc space, which may translate into less content on one DVD.

A reason it may not look as good is because DVD-Video has a lower resolution than your source video, so it's impossible for it to look just as good. The difference will be very apparent on a large screen. Your source video is more in the range of Blu-ray quality.

As for it being off base, what is the aspect ratio of the source video in the "Clip Properties" tab of the edit window?

BOBC  2011-02-26 20:01:04 ( ID:cysi6gv.8ih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

aspect ratio says Pixel 1:1 (Square pixel).

I think as you say its the reducing down of the resolution. The monitor gives a quality picture with e.g. text occupying 1 pixel exact and when the resolution is reduced that text is smudged out across two. 16:9.537 is the ratio of my screen capture doing maths on the pixels. I made the program window fit the widescreen monitor then eyeing a ruler placed corner to corner on the diagonal I resized it to match its corner to the ruler, so I wasn't far off, assuming the monitor is 16:9 ratio ! I guess the .537 is the bit off screen at bottom !

BOBC

Question - TAW4 - How to select widescreen 16:9 ? No.64357
BOBC  2011-02-26 08:12:36 ( ID:cysi6gv.8ih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I have TMPGenc Authoring works 4
Starting a new project we just have pal dvd choice, no choice of 4:3 or widescreen. So if we want to put 4:3 footage into a widescreen format, or have widescreen recording and wish to make widescreen dvd, how is that done ? I have a custom video size and reckon widescreen may be better, as choosing PAL dvd sees it shrunk smaller than required and its unreadable.

BOBC

BOBC  2011-02-26 09:01:32 ( ID:cysi6gv.8ih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think folks I have sussed this, its the settings button on the actual clip in source. Not the obvious place, as one could have 4:3 for one source file and 16:9 for another, surely it should be top right of screen where the pal DVd choice is made ?

BOBC

tkrave  2011-02-26 11:02:17 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You've found the correct place to change the settings, but a DVD can easily have both 4:3 and 16:9 footage all on the same disc, which is why it isn't a top level setting. The program automatically sets a flag of 4:3 or 16:9 per track based on the characteristics of the clips in the track. If you mix and match 4:3 and 16:9 clips in the same track, the 4:3 clips will be re-encoded to 16:9 and black bars will be encoded into the video which is not optimal.

Thus, you should separate 4:3 and 16:9 footage into their own tracks to avoid the letter/pillar boxing being encoded into the video. Any decent DVD player will automatically add the pillarboxing to a 4:3 clip played on a 16:9 TV, so you should avoid encoding the pillarboxing into the video if possible. But since it sounds like you have an unusual aspect ratio, forcing 16:9 and encoding the black bars might be the way to go.

Question - TDA3 - Just where is widescreen 16:9 choice made ? No.64356
BOBC  2011-02-26 08:09:56 ( ID:cysi6gv.8ih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
Starting a new project we just have pal dvd choice, no choice of 4:3 or widescreen. So if we want to put 4:3 footage into a widescreen format, or have widescreen recording and wish to make widescreen dvd, how is that done ? I have a custom video size and reckon widescreen may be better, as choosing PAL dvd sees it shrunk smaller than required and its unreadable.

BOBC

am_dew  2011-03-01 01:45:02 ( ID:5naf9/4evxn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This may help:

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/lab/lab02_TDA3_aspectRatios.html

Specifically, the "Choose the Right Track Settings" section.

Question - TAW4 - What setting for a custom video size ? No.64355
BOBC  2011-02-26 07:56:50 ( ID:cysi6gv.8ih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have done a region capture using Techsmith Snagit screen video capture and the size is 1436 wide x 856 tall (pixels) and at 7fps. Looks good played back on screen. If I make this into a dvd, as it is too big a file to email, what settings do I use? Choosing PAL dvd, gives me no options of 4:3 or 16:9, just cant see any choices anywhere. Where are they ? Surely we must be able to choose what type. Preview sees only part of the video show. I was recording a demo of how to do something in a program. When making the program window a suitable size on screen to record using Snagit's region capture, there is no way of knowing what the pixel size will be, and on my 1920px wide resolution monitor, making a program window a width to suit pal 4:3 or 16:9 is not something thats easy, and it would be stupidly small and impractical. Mine of 1436 was small enough !
Would I choose HD Widescreen ? even thats 1080 so not wide enough. I can see a bluray option so have just tried Bluray PAL and the recording fits the height and width with margins of black at sides, however that needs a 25Mb bluray disk to burn and the recipient may not have a bluray player.
Absolutely stuck ! Is there not a setting to bring in an odd size and fit it to a standard dvd format, prpbably pal 16:9 may suffice if I could find how to choose it !

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.