Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 147 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW4 Subtitle link in Top menu piccolo135 1 2010-05-12 02:34:36
Question TE40 Converting for Blackberry Jimmy Alenius 1 2010-05-11 06:27:12
Question TE40 XPress startup fails with Read error in module 'UtilsCUDA.vme' Scott 2 2010-05-07 02:44:34
Question TE25 Convert 4:3 letterboxed file to anamorphic picture jakewoodblues 1 2010-05-05 10:31:14
Question TAW4 change source location of files Frank 2 2010-06-03 05:31:47
Question TE40 TMPGEnc Xpress hawk123 4 2010-05-11 08:09:58
Question TAW4 Blu ray output - re-encoding source file mobie29 6 2010-05-01 05:44:44
Question TAW4 What is the different between TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 & TMPGEnc 4.0 XPres c1steady 1 2010-04-29 16:50:20
Question TAW4 Simple Menu with 4 tracks - how to properly link mobie29 7 2010-04-30 02:50:07
Question TE40 Audio problems with AVCHD .ts file conversions Frank Davis 6 2010-05-15 10:24:34
Question TE40 .mkv output format Nadini 0 2010-04-28 08:43:53
Question TE40 TMPGXpress 4 cannot find VOB mikemcc 0 2010-04-26 22:38:37

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 147 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW4 - Subtitle link in Top menu No.62957
piccolo135  2010-05-11 20:38:19 ( ID:syktnfge1qh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Anyone know if it's possible to have a tracks subtitle menu link in the top menu as well as/instead of being in the track menu?

tkrave  2010-05-12 02:34:36 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think it's possible. If you have multiple tracks, it wouldn't know which track's subtitles to show, and there's no way to set it manually. I think the closest you can get is to go track menu only with title page.

Question - TE40 - Converting for Blackberry No.62929
Jimmy Alenius  2010-05-07 20:52:34 ( ID:8fnsy17ugkk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi! Seems that the best format is some sort of avi. I can't figure out what type of format. Anyone had any luck with TMPGEnc 4 XPress?

Regards / Jimmy

tkrave  2010-05-11 06:27:12 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Probably depends on which model you have, but it looks like common formats are MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.263, and WMV.

Question - TE40 - XPress startup fails with Read error in module 'UtilsCUDA.vme' No.62921
Scott  2010-05-06 03:04:00 ( ID:4qjikvg91u2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just installed the latest trial version of XPress 4.7.6.304. I enabled CUDA 2.3 and restarted (no problem). I then enabled the CUDA decoding option, which prompted for another restart.... when I restarted, I received the following error (after the trail popup):

"Read error occurred at address 0A64E978 of module 'UtilsCUDA.vme' with 00000000"

after which the program quits.

I'm not sure how I can reset the preferences. Is there a 'safe mode' I can start the application in?

Thanks,
Scott

Scott  2010-05-07 02:12:52 ( ID:4qjikvg91u2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, out of frustration, I found how to reset the CUDA preferences myself....

To help any others with the same problem, open regedit to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pegasys Inc.\TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress Trial with Movie Plug-in\General\CPUSettings

and set all the CUDA* entries to 0.

If do hope that support is more responsive once I've purchased the program...

Thanks,
Scott

tkrave  2010-05-07 02:44:34 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you actually contact support, or are you just referring to this forum?

This forum is pretty much just users helping users; there's no official support here.

For official support, or presales questions, you have to visit their contact pages:
Product support (once you own the program): http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

For questions before you purchase: http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/contact.html

Question - TE25 - Convert 4:3 letterboxed file to anamorphic picture No.62914
jakewoodblues  2010-05-05 06:32:20 ( ID:frkxv7hcxak )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to convert a 4:3 letterboxed movie to anamorphic?

Thanks!
jakewoodblues

tkrave  2010-05-05 10:31:14 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You'll have to "cut off" the black bars.

When you use the project wizard, select 16:9 (NTSC or PAL). This makes sure your output file will be tagged as a 16:9 video.

In the 3rd stage of the Project Wizard in Plus 2.5, check the box for Clip frame and click on the "Settings" button.

A clip frame window appears. From here, you can cut off the top and bottom bars by increasing the values for top and bottom.

Output as normal and it should be good to go.

Question - TAW4 - change source location of files No.62912
Frank  2010-05-04 10:36:39 ( ID:gua7vk0wjlw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I built a project using files on my external drive. Now do to extraordinary circumstances I can't explain, the drive letter of the external drive has changed.

Is there a way to change the drive letter of the source files in TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4?

I'm afraid there isn't even though there should be.

Thank You!

Frank

tkrave  2010-05-05 03:21:22 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, there is a way.

First (this is optional), you can check for which source files can't be found in their usual place by using the Project File Check Tool. Find this in the Start Stage-->Advanced Tools-->Project File Check Tool.

This tool lets you select a saved project file and see which source files can't be found where they're supposed to be. You can't change the path from here, but you can at least make a note of which files need to be relinked.

Next, go back to the Start Stage and select to open a saved project and open the project file in question.
An error message will appear for each source file it can't find. Each error message has a "Browse.." button that you can click to select the new path for the source file. Do that for each source file and you'll be good to go!

Frank  2010-06-03 05:31:47 ( ID:gua7vk0wjlw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank You TKRave!

I followed your directions and it worked fine.

Thanks again,
Frank

Question - TE40 - TMPGEnc Xpress No.62910
hawk123  2010-05-03 11:56:34 ( ID:ch/uh7if5nl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, everyone

I'm using the latest version of TMPGEnc Xpress (4.7.6.403).
I got an error of "Not enough memory (0X8007000E) error code" when I encoded 10 different video clips into separate video clips in the batch tool.
I noticed that most of the time, the error happened during when the tool was encoding the 6th clip or 7th clip in the batch.
I have tried to increase my computer's virtual memory as suggested in the forum.

Do anyone of you have a resolution for this and would like to share with me?
TQ.

FYI, my computer configuration is as follow:
1) Processor : Intel Q9400@ 2.66Hz
2) Motherboard: Asus P5B Deluxe
3) Memory: 4G RAM
4) Display Card: GeForce 9400 GT
5) OS: WINXP SP3

hawk123  2010-05-10 11:24:15 ( ID:ch/uh7if5nl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have built a totally new machine (new processor i7, new harddisk, new RAM), the problem is still happened.

tkrave  2010-05-11 06:21:59 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try contacting user support, because I don't think anyone knows a solution.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

hawk123  2010-05-11 08:04:16 ( ID:ch/uh7if5nl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just emailed them yesterday.
They replied me on the same day.
Well, I was told that I'm not the only person experience this problem.
They suggested the following solutions to me and my reply to them.

Please try to re input your unsuccessful project into XPress 4 try to
encode it separately, not by the batch tool, and check how it goes.
Possibly one of the files from that projects is corrupted or has errors.
- No, the video files are not corrupted. Every time after the error happened, I could open the project, removed all those finished encoded video files and registered it on the batch tool. The video files would be encoded flawlessly. But, it would only encode 2 or 3 video files and the same problem popped up again. I hope that I won't be forced to encode all these video files separately since I always set up the task and leave it run overnight and I can use the files on the next morning. FYI, the error also happened when I ran the project in Xpress 4, not the batch tool.

Please try this:
Go to...
Options > Preferences > CPU > Multithread settings >
then disable all the options and try again with a new project.
- Did you mean that I can't use Multithread? Anyway, I'll try this in the future.

Also we have reports that this errors comes out when there are
corrupted files. please if your source files can be played correctly first.
- The video file can be played flawlessly, they're not corrupted.

Please at:
Options > Preferences... > CPU/GPU > NVIDIA CUDA 2.3 settings
disable only the "Use the hardware video decoder" option, restart and
try again.
- Yes, I didn't use this feature for my project. Didn't solve the problem.

Please first try by creating another Temporary folder for ex.
[C:\temp]:
At Options > Preferences > Work folders
change the temporary folder for ex. [C:\temp] and try again.
- Yes, I designated a partition that has more than 100 GB empty storage for the temporary file. Didn't solve the problem.

Wile using the batch tool try by disabling the preview screen.
- Disabled it, didn't solve the problem.

Also try to start the batch tool from this path:
:\Program files\Pegasys Inc\TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress\
on this folder must be "TMPGEnc4XPBatch.exe" file so launch it from
there.
- Will try this. Btw, will it be affected if I installed the program under other partition than C:? I have a particular partition for all my applications other than C:.
- Just tried it yesterday night. I woke up this morning and realize that the problem remains.

Also please clean all the projects into the Batch encode tool, and
re-import them then try, or import just one project and check if it can
be output correctly, possibly one of the projects file is broken or got
corrupted, if that is the case re-open each project file and re-save
them into XPress 4 and try again.
- I've tried 2 options.
Option 1: There was only one project at a time while the batch tool was running. But, this project contains a few of video files output separately. Each of them is about 45 mins. The problem happened.
Option 2; There were a few projects registered in the batch tool. Each of the projects has 3 or 4 video files. Most of the time, the error happened when the batch tool was encoding one of the video files in the second or third projects.
Either case, the video files are not corrupted. It could be encoded after I restarted the batch tool. I notice that Xpress 4 or its batch tool has about 1.6 or 1.7 GB of memory usage in task manager when the error is reported.

Please try to
register your projects manually, possibly your projects got broken
so you need to re-save them.
- How can I register my project manually? I always open my project in Xpress 4 and register the project into batch tool in the "Output" step.

Run the software as administrator.
- Yes, I did

Please also at this folder:
:\(PC user name)\Documents\TMPGEnc\TMPGEnc4.0 XPress
there is a file called "AutoSaveBatchList.txp4b", please delete it and
try again.
Possibly this file in someway got broken so every time the Bach Tool
try to read this file and if its broken it will shows errors.
- Will do and try again.
- Deleted the file as requested. No, the problem still remain.

hawk123  2010-05-11 08:09:58 ( ID:ch/uh7if5nl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems like the developer also has no idea what happened.
Else they won't suggest all these steps to me.

Anyway, thank you.

Question - TAW4 - Blu ray output - re-encoding source file No.62879
mobie29  2010-04-30 02:59:40 ( ID:ppqtqleqm6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 1080i NTSC source file that is around 15gb. I choose my output as Blu ray NTSC and choose smart rendering instead of re-encoding. When authoring, why does it re-encode my file? I am not sure why it is doing this since blu ray output is around 23gb and i have enough space for my file without having to "fit" to disc.

Also please explain the "motion" sequences options. My files have many fast motion sequences, so would i be better off selecting "high" or "highest" to remove the interlacing that is appearing in my output during these sequences?

Does choosing "high" or "highest" extend processing time for authoring?

thanks again!!

tkrave  2010-04-30 07:47:32 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Smart rendering will only be active if the source file is compliant with the output format. If it won't activate, then there's something non-compliant about the source file. What is the framerate of the source video?

See this page for blu-ray video specs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_disc#Technical_specifications

In regards to the motion options, setting it to higher levels will make the encoding more accurate but it will take longer to process.
Here's the help file description:
"Sets the precision of the motion detection stage of the encoder. The better the precision is, the better the data allocation and therefore the compression efficiency. However, higher precision will result in a longer encoding time."

mobie29  2010-04-30 09:42:07 ( ID:c2hn14hq7ea )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The framerate is 29.97 fps HD Mpeg 2

tkrave  2010-05-01 02:23:39 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What's the file extension on the source video?

tkrave  2010-05-01 02:30:43 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, where did you get the source file? Are you sure it's encoded as MPEG-2? It might be MPEG-4, which is why it won't utilize smart rendering. Authoring Works can only encode MPEG-2 Blu-rays, so any MPEG-4 sources will not be smart rendered (such as AVCHD).

Also, if you change any track settings like framerate, bitrate, aspect ratio, etc., the file will not be smart rendered. If you put two videos in the same track and they don't have the same traits, one of them will not be smart rendered.

mobie29  2010-05-01 05:44:43 ( ID:ppqtqleqm6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think i solved my problem with the authoring output time. My original source file was interlaced and i changed the video encoder settings to progressive. When left alone, the authoring time was reduced 5x.

but to answer your question, the extension was .ts and it is MPEG -2.

mobie29  2010-05-01 05:44:44 ( ID:ppqtqleqm6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think i solved my problem with the authoring output time. My original source file was interlaced and i changed the video encoder settings to progressive. When left alone, the authoring time was reduced 5x.

but to answer your question, the extension was .ts and it is MPEG -2.

Question - TAW4 - What is the different between TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 & TMPGEnc 4.0 XPres No.62856
c1steady  2010-04-29 12:46:42 ( ID:c.hg7g6rfcl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the different between TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 & TMPGEnc 4.0 XPres. I am using TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 to convert DVD-VR to DVD video. Then whatis the use of TMPGEnc 4.0 XPres if i can do converting with TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4.
Please advise and thanks for answering my queries

piccolo135  2010-04-29 16:50:20 ( ID:syktnfge1qh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Authoring works is primarily for doing just that, authoring. Building menu's for dvds etc.

If you have no interest in dvd authoring and only require converting sources, then go for express.

Question - TAW4 - Simple Menu with 4 tracks - how to properly link No.62842
mobie29  2010-04-29 01:38:56 ( ID:ppqtqleqm6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is the scenario / situation that i need help in linking the tracks:

1 Main Menu (text only)
4 Tracks (i want to show them only on the main menu)
Each track has 5-6 chapters

I would like the user (after inserting the disc) to be able to see the Main Menu with 4 track options to choose from. When they select a certain track, i want the user to be able to go straight to that track and view the clips. I do not want them to have to go to another sub menu or page and then have to select play, previous, etc. I want it very simple.

How can i properly link this?? I tested this out on the simulation and was able to do what i wanted it to do when i used my mouse pointer, but i could not use the directional arrows to properly navigate which means it needs to be linked.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

tkrave  2010-04-29 04:55:30 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the link editor to alter what happens when you press the direction button on your remote/keyboard. Check out this tutorial:

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw4_tutorial/taw4_tu_menu09.html

mobie29  2010-04-29 05:21:52 ( ID:ppqtqleqm6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do the "play" and "return" buttons, etc. have to be visable in order for the linking to work? In other words, can i hide these buttons and still be able to link, or can i use the track texts that i created to allow the user to play the clips in place of the "play" buttons??

tkrave  2010-04-29 09:14:11 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can hide the play and return buttons provided your track list are buttons themselves (ie, when you click on the track name, it plays the track).

This is what I'd do:

In the menu wizard, create a custom menu.

Select a top menu layout that has 4 text links.

Select "Top Menu only" when the option comes up.

Once you're out of the Menu Wizard, go to Global menu options and hide the Play button from view.

Go to the link editor and make sure the 4 text links can be properly navigated to one another.

This should do what you want, though you won't have a chapter page.

mobie29  2010-04-29 10:00:01 ( ID:c2hn14hq7ea )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks so much. I will revise my steps and try again.

Let me ask you, why is it important for the 4 text links to be properly navigated to each other?

thanks.

tkrave  2010-04-29 10:11:57 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Let me ask you, why is it important for the 4 text links to be properly navigated to each other?

Isn't that what you wanted?

>How can i properly link this?? I tested this out on the simulation and was able to do what i wanted it to do when i used my mouse pointer, but i could not use the directional arrows to properly navigate which means it needs to be linked.

mobie29  2010-04-29 10:19:09 ( ID:c2hn14hq7ea )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, so sorry for the stupid questions. I will start testing and get back with you if needed.

thank you.

mobie29  2010-04-30 02:50:07 ( ID:ppqtqleqm6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This worked like a charm. Very happy with the linking.

thanks again.

Question - TE40 - Audio problems with AVCHD .ts file conversions No.62834
Frank Davis  2010-04-28 11:08:30 ( ID:hcjioqjgd0g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a bunch of HD content that I want to convert from AVCHD .ts to mpeg4.
The content is 1920 x 1080i with 2 channel audio.
The content plays perfectly using a bluray decoder like Total Media Extreme Player. I want to crunch down to fit smaller space and convert to 24 fps 1080P. I do similar conversions from dvrms files and it works flawlessly which is expected. When I try any conversion with the AVCHD .ts file the audio goes progressively out of sync as the playback of the converted content plays on. I have tried many permutations of conversion options including 29.97 fps interlace and progressive, assuming the sinc might be due to me changing the frame rate. Just downloaded the latest version 4.7.6.304 and still no improvement. Please advise.

tkrave  2010-04-29 04:35:45 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It sounds like a framerate problem. What is the framerate set to in the Clip properties window?

Frank Davis  2010-04-29 09:43:50 ( ID:hcjioqjgd0g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

29.97 fps

Frank Davis  2010-05-09 05:56:29 ( ID:hcjioqjgd0g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Was hoping someone out there had same issue and found a solution. I guess not.
I can still view the files using a bluray player and they are great. I just wanted to convert them and guess I can not with tmpgenc 4.

Frank Davis  2010-05-09 05:57:59 ( ID:hcjioqjgd0g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>It sounds like a framerate problem. What is the framerate set to in the Clip properties window?

tkrave  2010-05-11 06:32:57 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is not playing at the correct speed, the audio or the video?

Frank Davis  2010-05-15 10:24:34 ( ID:hcjioqjgd0g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think it is the audio.

Question - TE40 - .mkv output format No.62832
Nadini  2010-04-28 08:43:53 ( ID:zwcex1zpds2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, after searching through the forum for information about the apparently elusive multiuse container, i've noticed there actually isn't support for it, the best i can do is use the MPEG-4 mp4 container, which by itself isn't too bad, but AC-3 support and chapters are something I'm in need.

i've noticed TMPGEnc supports custom made output plugins, can i ask if someone made one for .mkv ?

if not, is there any chance of getting .mkv support? it's widely accepted and it's even open source, so it really can't be bad for business.

Thank you for your time.

Question - TE40 - TMPGXpress 4 cannot find VOB No.62823
mikemcc  2010-04-26 22:38:37 ( ID:m/mlvvqaps2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to tell TMPGXpress 4 where a DVD is when a previously-used project says that it can't find the VOB any more ? If not, can that please be put into the next version ??

If it can't find an ordinary video file, it prompts you to tell it where that file is now, but if it can't find a DVD, it just tells you that it can't find it and moves on to the next file - so the settings are lost. Very bad news !

Obviously I could in theory copy the DVD back to where it was when I last used the project, but:
- it doesn't even say where it expects the DVD to be and what it was called
- it's time-consuming to move so many GB.

Thanks for any useful ideas.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.