Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 168 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE40 Batch Error DaveH 1 2009-11-26 03:28:29
Request TE40 A few Feature suggestions Zach Bartels 2 2009-11-23 21:43:16
Question TAW4 Output both DVD and bluray (BD)? markGuy 1 2009-11-23 18:08:10
Question TAW4 Tmpgenc authoring work v 4.0.7.32 in win7 wowo 0 2009-11-21 10:38:37
Question TAW4 Slow Audio results on created DVD Wilfredo 0 2009-11-21 03:20:03
Question TAW4 Request: Re-Sizing AVI files Wilfredo 0 2009-11-20 22:56:37
Question TAW4 Transiction effect menu - fading maurich76 2 2009-11-21 07:12:52
Question TAW4 PAL / NTSC Janet 3 2009-11-30 19:39:57
Question TDA3 MovieDivxCodecLib.dll Olivier 0 2009-11-19 17:15:25
Question TAW4 Error message upon start of burn! janlafata 0 2009-11-19 00:19:42
Question TAW4 Program asking for QTCF.dll janlafata 1 2009-11-18 20:49:18
Question TAW4 DVD format on a BL DISC ross 1 2009-11-18 17:57:10

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 168 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE40 - Batch Error No.59151
DaveH  2009-11-24 00:06:34 ( ID:xfkcdxsjion )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having trouble with batch encode, using TMPGEnc 4.7.3.292. When I attempt to add project to batch encode using, I get error message "Incompatible file format," then " batch encode has encountered a time out." This just started happening. I have tried reinstalling program, removing all the DVD Imports, etc. Nothing helps. Can anyone help? I can't figure this one out.
Dave

Jack  2009-11-26 03:28:29 ( ID:.vy/jwkf4tn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Let me guest! You used win vista, you can go to properties on right clikc at Tmpgenc menu, click compability and choose "Windows XP SP2". I hope this trick will help you

Request - TE40 - A few Feature suggestions No.59148
Zach Bartels  2009-11-23 21:39:11 ( ID:bws3ijldqrj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some general suggestions for features I'd like to see implemented. TMPGenc is one of the best pieces of software for the consumer (and probably even Professional) out there and I'd love to see it improved to support even more cool stuff.

It's sold as an Editor right? The one thing an editor should excel at is editing and using filters to enhance/correct video files.. It does a great job already of course, but I see lots of room for improvement / expanded options.

Container Types:
H264 - Why only MP4 output in AVC mode?

AAC - Again why only MP4 output? A dedicated AAC output profile would be great for many video formats.

MKV - MKV is becoming more and more popular with the mainstream. Now even products are being sold with MKV support advertised or at least unofficially given proper attention. I'd like to see support for outputting an MKV project file. Including one or more Video, Audio, external subtitle tracks, chapter entries, etc. All that stuff is very useful.

In addition, Variable Framerate is essential for some projects to be done properly. Add support for VFR decimation which will output the video file along with an MKV timecodes file, whether you make an MKV project file or just output an AVI/H264 and it will give you an additional timecodes file as well, so you can mux it in later.

More Filter Support:

A lot of good filters are available in the open source community that there are no real commercial alternatives for, at least not easy to find ones, or affordable ones.. But within TMPGenc Xpress in particular I'd like to see stuff like...

Image Stabilization (shakey/jittery scenes)
Color Correction PROFILES that we can load into the Color Correction filter. They should be presets for industry standard color profiles used in video broadcast/production.

More Denoising options. I'm sure you can always improve the algorithms for the current Noise Reduction filter, but additionally specific filtering modes targetted at removing Dust/Dirt/Scratches and Film Drain. A mode that concentrates on denoising a lot of the perceptually indetectible background noise in the clip, this would help improve compression efficiency.

Better Crop / Resize design. Currently Crop and Resize are two different filters, and whats more when you do crop the program still treats the image as if it has X amount of pixels. Even IF you go to resize filter and select Custom and input a different resolution, if the H or V resolution is smaller than the original file resolution, you still have to MANUALLY change the encode settings to the new resolution you want...

What is the point of the resize filter if it does NOT do this for you? Its redundant. Also more resize algorithms, mainly Spline36 (neutral) and Spline64 (less chance of artifacts like Lanczos 3 can cause)

Zach Bartels  2009-11-23 21:39:37 ( ID:bws3ijldqrj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

(part 2, Forum made me split it)
Better Deinterlace / Inverse Telecine modes. While we already have a pretty big list of options, sometimes none of those options are suitable (I have just such a source where none of them work satisfactory). We need better Deinterlace/IVTC support especially for Anime sources, which are often mixes of 24p/30p material (again MKV w/VFR decimation mode) and in additional to that, old Anime's can have some really SCREWED UP telecine patterns and all kinds of messed up stuff like that.

We should have some kind of an adaptive interlacer, that can not only detect the typical modes, but also detect other odd patterns and anomalies and deal with them without causing weird issues in the video like messed up pans, severe stuttering, or out of sync fields (part of picture updates faster than other part, and looks like Vsync tearing + stuttering) Most importantly it should not produce any kind of messed up result, such as a video that while otherwise runs at the correct FPS and doesn't stuter horribly, does NOT have nasty blending.

A CUDA based solution would be great also because then you can afford to do really complex stuff without slowing things down too much, and get nice results.. Avisynth filters such as *mcBob, *YADIF,*NNEDI2. *SRestore and a general purpose multi-function script like *AnimeIVTC (which can give GREAT results) are all filters and scripts that should be studied by you guys, so you can come up with proprietary non-infringing solutions/algorithms to apply similar functionality. A lot of Avisynth filters would make for GREAT CUDA Accelerated Filters in TMPGenc.

In particular, there are scripts out there now that can use anti-aliasing techniques to really help with smoothing out lines and stuff in Anime and generally make the scene look better and have much less jaggy edges. Another great sharpening filter would be something like aWarpSharp.

I'm sorry to make such a long post and I'm not trying to rag on you guys because you do have a fine product, but it would just liberate my work so much more, and especially aid in backing up and preserving my film collections, if we had a lot more functional and versatile options in the program. It would only be more appealing to people once they see what they could do with even more new CUDA accelerated filtering.

Zach Bartels  2009-11-23 21:43:16 ( ID:bws3ijldqrj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One last addendum, I forgot to mention.

In addition to support for AAC file output from any project.. I would really love to see out projects with the following abilities.

Import MORE THAN ONE AUDIO TRACK. At least give us two tracks like in Authoring Works 4

Additionally, give us the ability to import those tracks and send them to the final output video, WITHOUT RE-ENCODING.

It makes no sense to recompress an already lossy audio file, into either the same, or another lossy audio format.

This would be a great boone to the product, as a lot of people I'm sure would love to work with 2 or more audio tracks in their projects, and not some cheesey "bi-lingual" audio filter.

Thanks for your time.

Question - TAW4 - Output both DVD and bluray (BD)? No.62377
markGuy  2009-11-22 21:03:40 ( ID:ty51vcr2uqw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm wondering how I output 2 discs, 1 bluray and 1 DVD, for my project so I only have to edit the files once? Looks like the only way to output DVD is to create a new project and apply all my cuts which is time consuming. Is there any way to create a project once, apply scene cuts and reorder my video clips, then output to both a DVD and BD? I'm not interested in the menus. The discs could have either no menu or differing menus on the different format discs.

tkrave  2009-11-23 18:08:10 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just save the outputted files by burning it to disc or saving it on your hard drive. When you start your new DVD or BD project, use the source wizard to import the contents of your DVD or BD folder/disc.

Question - TAW4 - Tmpgenc authoring work v 4.0.7.32 in win7 No.62376
wowo  2009-11-21 10:38:37 ( ID:lusvweyhcac )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how could the simulation of all the authoring work not turn out? i am using win 7 to do the work. Thanks.

Question - TAW4 - Slow Audio results on created DVD No.62375
Wilfredo  Home )  2009-11-21 03:20:03 ( ID:6kgnkpdslu. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted a 720HD movie to DVD and the result is a DVD with a SLOW motion audio over normal speed video.

The audio played fine when using the file (without conversion). I don't have the file with me right now (I deleted it thinking everything was fine).

Now I can't watch the movie, and have to get it again.

What could have happened?

Question - TAW4 - Request: Re-Sizing AVI files No.62374
Wilfredo  Home )  2009-11-20 22:56:37 ( ID:6kgnkpdslu. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to see this feature on the program.

Say I have an AVI that has a 16:9 movie on a 4:3 format. I would like to re-size it to fill the 16:9 space, eliminating the two black bars at the top and bottom, once it is imported in a track.

You can set various sizes in clip properties, but this would be a custom size.

This would be a very nice and welcome feature.

Wilfredo.

Question - TAW4 - Transiction effect menu - fading No.62371
maurich76  2009-11-20 17:52:55 ( ID:1bvpqbtzo2r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, only a question: I need but i'm not able to put fade-IN effect IN SINGLE CLIPS, it's possible only between 2 clips...when I start transition menu, select fadein/out, it positioning itself a the end of the clip (impossible to rewind at the start of the clip) and make only fade-OUT. Anyone knows how make it? Thank's Maurich76

tkrave  2009-11-20 19:29:04 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As you've noticed, you can only put transitions between 2 clips. If you want a fade-in effect at the beginning of a single or first clip, you first have to create a solid-colored clip to go before your clip.

In the Source stage, select the track with your single clip.
Click on the Source Wizard button and select "From a color matte or pattern".
You can then select a color; this will be the color you are fading in from. If you want to fade-in from black, choose black; if you want to fade-in from white, choose white, etc.
Also set your clip duration appropriate to your desired transition time.
Click OK to create your clip.
Back in the Source stage, you will probably have to move your color clip up above your video clip.
You can then apply a crossfade transition effect to create a fade-in effect for your actual video clip.

maurich76  2009-11-21 07:12:52 ( ID:swf3bmjqm6l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks a lot tkrave for the fast and very good reply, I'll try soon. Bye

Question - TAW4 - PAL / NTSC No.62367
Janet  2009-11-20 06:32:58 ( ID:ygvgdppkkoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I set the DVD so it is just not PAL or NTSC. I want to sell my finished DVD around the world so I don't want to worry about if the individual person I sell to has one or the other. Is there a multi setting?

Janet
New Zealand

tkrave  2009-11-20 19:16:44 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It has to be one or the other, that's just how DVD's are. Most modern DVD players can switch between the two though.

don  2009-11-25 14:32:12 ( ID:rkjeolmmjha )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How about a 2-sided DVD, make one side NTSC, the other side PAL? But blank Media is not cheap.

Janet  2009-11-30 19:39:57 ( ID:ygvgdppkkoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Double sided is an option. I suppose in the long run it would be cheaper to have a single sided DVD. Burn in one setting per DVD and then send the right option when I see which country they will be sent to.

Question - TDA3 - MovieDivxCodecLib.dll No.60910
Olivier  2009-11-19 17:15:25 ( ID:klc5wnydjhm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

dear forum,

I ran into some troubles getting my first dvd done with author3.

The new one is :
read error occured at address whatever into module MovieDivxCodecLib.dll with blabla .

Does anyone have a solution ?
Cheers
Oli

Question - TAW4 - Error message upon start of burn! No.62366
janlafata  2009-11-19 00:19:42 ( ID:v80qxslrrtg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've posted on this before, but am still having a problem. I have isn't Basic x64 and TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4.0.6.28 It has worked flawless for me for the last few months, until now. All of a sudden after I set up my options in "Output" which included having the writer settings at maximum, when I click start, it runs for a few seconds then I get an error message that says "Access is denied (error code 0x80070005)"

Luckily I poked around and discovered that, by setting my writer settings from Maximum to 16, that it would work, but lately even doing that gets an error message, but I've found that by hitting start again everything works fine and my burn gets done. Still I get those initial error message every time.

I don't know why this is happening now after all of these months. I haven't changed anything in Windows that I think would affect DVD burning. I did Google this and may people say the error means that the files are in use by another program, but I don't see how that could be it.

I have had both Nero and Ashampoo burning software installed for awhile too along with TMPGEnc but they used to work fine together. By the way this also happened when I was using version 4.02.14.

Question - TAW4 - Program asking for QTCF.dll No.62364
janlafata  2009-11-18 20:42:35 ( ID:v80qxslrrtg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just upgraded to version 4.0.68 but when I start the application I get an error message that says "This application has failed to start because QTCF.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I'm assuming that this is referring to Quicktime, but that's odd because I do have Quicktime installed!

janlafata  2009-11-18 20:49:18 ( ID:v80qxslrrtg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Duh!! I fixed the problem. I don't know why I don't try to solve before I post! Anyway ran across an article that said to download the download the dll and put it in the System32 folder, which I did and everything works fine now.

Question - TAW4 - DVD format on a BL DISC No.62362
ross  2009-11-18 10:21:22 ( ID:b0dbz2orooj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

May be a silly question, but as you can set the output size of a DVD, would it be possible to create a 50gb DVD and burn it to a BD-DL? Has anyone tried this?

tkrave  2009-11-18 17:57:10 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Technically, it would still be a blu-ray disc since you have to start the project as a blu-ray project in order to use the 50gb output setting, but yes, since DVD compliant MPEG-2 falls within the blu-ray specs, you would be able to put 50gb worth of DVD quality footage on one BD-DL disc.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.