Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 149 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE40 Best format for Web use RobertH 2 2010-04-17 22:38:59
Question TAW4 Importing question firit 1 2010-04-16 18:28:30
Question TE40 Can't Open .MKV File In TMPG Express 4 PJStyles 1 2010-04-20 16:56:44
Question TAW4 problem with the disc writing tool kkingccrimson 2 2010-04-28 02:41:48
Question TE40 Tmpg express 4.0 and AAC audio issues bert 0 2010-04-12 00:30:08
Question TAW4 Best Format To Import Into Author 4 Arfer Daley 7 2010-04-20 23:19:28
Request TE40 ATi Stream finally, or still living in the dark ages? AEsir 3 2010-05-05 22:41:07
Bug report TAW4 Missing Clips HKUSA 2 2010-04-12 18:30:18
Request TE40 Shadow and Highlight Lighting Correction George 2 2010-04-09 20:19:52
Question TAW4 Trying to save a project in TMPGenc Authoring Works 4 moveandstore 1 2010-04-12 12:20:04
Question TME3 Copy the input format VK 3 2010-04-21 00:43:18
Request TE40 Subtitle-formatting RV 3 2010-04-15 18:20:27

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 149 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE40 - Best format for Web use No.59394
RobertH  2010-04-16 18:40:42 ( ID:nmxcfnhhktj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm experimenting with converting AVCHD format to something usable on Facebook etc. Ive tried a few of the options in TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress. Are there any rules to consider? Or, any known best options based on experience? I want to stick with the 16:9 ratio. Im using a Panasonic TM300.
thanks
Robert

tkrave  2010-04-17 01:28:57 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

MPEG-4 AVC is probably the best choice right now. YouTube recommends this format and it has a great quality/compression ratio so you'll get a good-looking video at a smaller file size.

RobertH  2010-04-17 22:38:59 ( ID:gathecibw7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks tkrave, everything else i have found leads that was as well.
Robert

>MPEG-4 AVC is probably the best choice right now. YouTube recommends this format and it has a great quality/compression ratio so you'll get a good-looking video at a smaller file size.

Question - TAW4 - Importing question No.62739
firit  2010-04-16 17:01:23 ( ID:zpivai/krer )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to use a video on my BD menu (not as background, in its own small window) but it shows picture with no sound. How can i add video and play it properly after encode?

tkrave  2010-04-16 18:28:30 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think you "turn-on" the sound of a user-added menu item. However, you can enable the background audio and select your video as the audio source. Granted, if you have multiple videos on your menu, you'd only be able to choose the audio from one of them.

Question - TE40 - Can't Open .MKV File In TMPG Express 4 No.59392
PJStyles  2010-04-16 01:08:23 ( ID:pmzijxuvywc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the following installed:

- Haali Media Splitter
- CoreCodec CoreAVC
- AC3 Filter
- FFDshow
- TMPGEnc Express 4

Whenever I try to open a .MKV file, it says it cannot open it. What am I missing here? I've been stumped on this for a while and have done a tremendous amount of google searching with no answers found.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PJStyles

Cid_X  2010-04-20 16:56:44 ( ID:j7hmj5zdnfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This worked for me.

"Jimcgr 2010/03/20 (Sat) 02:43 ( ID:jw/ckx7w5tk ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just want to add my experience as I think it will help people looking to open MKV (both vc-1 and h.264) files in TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress. I'm using windows 7.

After reading a thread on videohelp.com I uninstalled ffdshow and haali that I had previously installed then I installed Shark007. I launched Shark's application settings using "right-click" and "run as admin". Under the h.264 tab, on the right part, I changed "use Ms Codec" to "Use FFDshow's codec". Click exit button to apply. Make sure to restart TMPGenc if it was already running.

With this I can finally open those MKV files ( mainly the h.264 were the problem ) with tmpgenc!!"

Full thread here: http://bbs.tmpg-inc.com/bbs.php?key=mkv&search=+Search+&board=en_te40#topic1988

Question - TAW4 - problem with the disc writing tool No.62738
kkingccrimson  2010-04-13 20:31:54 ( ID:x6dj2voi7ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having problems using the disc writing tool.
It writes to the disc,and I can play it on a stand alone DVD player connected to my TV,but when I try playing it on my PC,it shows that it is blank?!!(I can watch DVDs on my PC with no problem)
This is really ticking me off since I have now wasted at least 5 discs.

plivac  2010-04-24 23:02:23 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

me too .. there is definitely something wrong with the disc writing tool and pos output process.... c'mon tech support answer us!

tkrave  2010-04-28 02:41:48 ( ID:6mmtuqjbdfo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would contact product support http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

Question - TE40 - Tmpg express 4.0 and AAC audio issues No.59391
bert  2010-04-12 00:30:08 ( ID:50rdv6o5fx6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having no audio issues when I export to mpeg-4 avc, the sound either pop's or there is no sound at all but the video plays fine. Is there something wrong with my AAC codec? I have k-lite and ffdshow tryouts installed yet I cannot get my AAC audio to work when I encoding to mpeg-4 avc. I am frameserving from PPro cs3 to express if that might be causing the problem? I made an hdv mpeg just fine but no luck with h.264.

Question - TAW4 - Best Format To Import Into Author 4 No.62730
Arfer Daley  2010-04-11 17:23:53 ( ID:ewvoryvw0cf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi guys
recorded tv is recorded in meadia center as wtv you can then convert to DVR-MS
so my question is what is the best format to inport into author for editing
WTV or DVR-MS

i really cant make my mind up thought i would throw it out to the wealth of knoledge here
thanks for any input forth coming

tkrave  2010-04-12 18:19:09 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think it matters, so you should just import whatever format your version of Media Center saves recorded tv as. Either way, they're going to be turned into regular MPEG-2 videos when you import them.

My wtv files are encoded as MPEG-2, but I believe the format also supports H.264 encoding. I think that would be the only reason to convert a wtv file to dvr-ms since TAW4 only imports wtv/dvr-ms files that are MPEG-2 encoded at this time. Not sure if Windows 7 can do that though; it may only be able to convert an MPEG-2 WTV file to dvr-ms.

Fred  2010-04-13 15:59:48 ( ID:kluhdccn91k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This may or may not answer your question, but I've had problems importing some AVI files (TMPGEnc pauses for 20 seconds and then closes/disappears, without any error messages) that worked fine after being converted to MP4 format and imported. But I presume you're question relates more to the image quality of various formats, which is something that I've been wondering about as well.

tkrave  2010-04-13 22:50:34 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

He's specifically talking about dvr-ms vs. wtv and which is the better format to import, not about all formats known to man.

But anyhoo, this advice can be applied to all formats: basically if you can import the file without converting it, that's the best option. You don't want to add additional encoding generations needlessly.

Arfer Daley  2010-04-17 13:58:31 ( ID:ewvoryvw0cf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for input i just didnt want to waste time as i see no differance when palyed back only the time wasted encoding you answerd my question

Hephaestus  2010-04-20 16:40:50 ( ID:qvbq8pwsq06 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was just wondering if there are different types of AVI formats or encoding. I already converted 2 videos that were in AVI format and burned them to a DVD. They both work great, but now for some odd reason TMPGEnc version 4.9.0.37 will not import any other AVI video file. The error message states " Could not open the video part of the file (gives directory) Only the audio part can be opened."
Does any one have any idea why it not working?

tkrave  2010-04-20 18:01:33 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it's an avi file, then it's most likely a codec problem. Either you don't have the right codec or there's a codec conflict or some other codec error. There are lots of different codecs for avi video and if you don't have the right one installed, you won't be able to play the video.

You can use a program like Gspot:
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

or MediaInfo:
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

These programs can tell you what kind of codec the video uses.

Hephaestus  2010-04-20 23:19:28 ( ID:zrn3m0u9qyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you tkrave, you are right i didnt have the codec installed. So if any one else has the same problem as me then here is a link:
http://www.codecguide.com/download_mega.htm

just download the mega package and it gives you a lot of codec, this way i will not get this problem ever again.

Request - TE40 - ATi Stream finally, or still living in the dark ages? No.59389
AEsir  2010-04-11 09:29:05 ( ID:wq9iq4h7djh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone from the development team let us finally know if there will be support for ATi Stream in a future release? Cyberlink Media Espresso has implemented it long time ago, works great and there is more software out there using ATi Stream. Never mind that sooner or later you have to support OpenCL so that the program will be GPU-brand agnostic. Any cares to let us know???

psychok9  2010-04-20 17:31:56 ( ID:2vxdbdkbtrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm very interested as well. Last ATi gpu are very powerful.

Acti  2010-04-24 20:27:15 ( ID:b022i3mrgcr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am surprised that the software publisher still favors CUDA (nvidia card required), so that now there thanks to directcompute directx11 (OpenCL nétant not a must since the software mentioned here are software windows)

well I think that using Direct2D rather than GDI (just there for compatibility Windows XP in my opinion) would be more

acrespo  2010-05-05 22:41:07 ( ID:mnmoiof.klh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, I would like to see a GPU encoding support, not only GPU filter processing.

Bug report - TAW4 - Missing Clips No.62727
HKUSA  2010-04-10 12:45:13 ( ID:rknowaycafm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Adding clips to the "Source" and if you edit the clip(set start frame), it will not show up in the menu and also simulation will not play the file.

HKUSA  2010-04-10 12:48:51 ( ID:rknowaycafm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you don't edit the clip the file it will show up in the menu and it will play the clip in the simulation. Please fix the problem.

tkrave  2010-04-12 18:30:18 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What version are you using?

What is your OS?

Are you using a pre-built template or a custom menu?

What type of video files are you importing? (avi, mpeg-2, etc.)

You may want to report this to their User Support page, 'cause you won't get an official response here.
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

Request - TE40 - Shadow and Highlight Lighting Correction No.59386
George  2010-04-09 18:03:12 ( ID:fjeutq9yqik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would like a filter in TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress to correct shadow and highlight lighting simular to the one in Adobe Premiere Elements.

I am a new user of TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress. I am using it to enhance and convert/compress my old camcorder videos. These are on my HD in DV/AVI format. These videos suffer from poor lighting, noise and ghosting. TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress has good filters to handle the noise and ghosting but it can't correct the poor lighting. Thus I must proccess it first my copy of Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0 using its shadow and highlight filter. This gives me a DV/AVI video with corrected lighting. I then process that with TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress. It would be great if TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress could do it all.

BTW, does anyone know of a better way to do this.

tkrave  2010-04-09 18:30:04 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not sure what it's like in Premiere, but XPress has the color correction filter where you can adjust the gamma, contrast, luminance, and chroma among other things.

George  2010-04-09 20:19:52 ( ID:fjeutq9yqik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried the color filter but didn't have good results. It has lots of options and maybe I am missing something. I tried the simple adjustments (gamma, contrast & luminance) but the results I got were inferior to the Adobe Premiere Elements shadow and highlight filter.

What I believe the main difference is between the two filters is that the TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress color filter affects the entire video frame. The Adobe filter affects the areas of a video frame where the luminosity falls below a certain selectable threshold (shadows) or above another threshold (highlight). The midrange lighting areas are unaffected. This is what I’d like to see a filter in TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress do.

Question - TAW4 - Trying to save a project in TMPGenc Authoring Works 4 No.62725
moveandstore  2010-04-09 03:49:40 ( ID:atki5whm85. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bought the new version of TMPGenc Authoring Works 4 v.4.09.37 and installed it just fine. When I try to save a project that I created, nothing happens when I press "Save". The only thing that works is the "Cancel" and the "Exit" buttons. I had no problem saving projects in the previous version v.4.0.6.24. The new version still reads and opens my previous project, but I can't save new projects. What am I'm doing wrong?

piccolo135  2010-04-12 12:20:04 ( ID:syktnfge1qh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you do Save As instead and just save it under a new project file?

Question - TME3 - Copy the input format No.61194
VK  2010-04-08 21:14:25 ( ID:.ytbxyhoy9j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to copy the input format of the clip without reencoding it ?

I just want to to some cutting and save the clips without do any encoding.

tkrave  2010-04-13 03:08:27 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes. Download the trial and test your files.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tme3.html

VK  2010-04-20 10:22:28 ( ID:.ytbxyhoy9j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have already downloaded the software, but I cannot see if the feature I'm asking for exist.
If it does, how do i do then ?

tkrave  2010-04-21 00:43:18 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What kind of file is it?

This program only works with MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 video. You have to remember that this software is not a video converter, so by default, your input format is going to be the same as the output format. It may change the file structure/container to fit the output format, but the actual video data will remain the same in general.

Your output options depend on the video's dimensions, framerate, bitrate, etc.
If it is DVD-Video compliant, you can use the DVD-Video output option and burn to DVD if you wish.
If it is Blu-ray compliant, you can do the same with the Blu-ray ouptut option.
If your video is not compliant with anything, you can choose the MPEG output option and choose "Common MPEG file" as the output target.

Click on the Smart rendering analyzer button to see how much of your video will be re-encoded and how much will be left untouched. Edited video will re-encode the sections at the beginning and end of the cut area.

Request - TE40 - Subtitle-formatting No.59382
RV  2010-04-08 21:03:39 ( ID:xtdklofpph2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Would it be possible to change the font and fontsize in future version of XPress?

tkrave  2010-04-09 18:12:22 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can already change the font and font size. In the Subtitle filter window, click on the "Edit menu" button and select "Layout editor". From there, you can change the font, font size, alignment, font style, color, add a border, etc.

You can also save a certain style as a layout and then use the "Layout change" option to change layout styles easily. However, I think this only pertains to the project you're working on, so if you start a new project, you have to recreate your layout settings.

RV  2010-04-15 11:43:37 ( ID:xtdklofpph2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@tkrave:

Thanks, I know you can format subtitles that you type in yourself..
But how about formatting subs which you import at "Source Wizard-stage", impossible..

I would like to be able to format original subtitles from a retail-DVD, for example..

tkrave  2010-04-15 18:20:27 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't format/edit those types of subtitles because they're actually images, not text data. However, there are ways to convert such subtitles with other programs. If it's a major motion picture, chances are someone has already ripped the subtitles into a .srt file. Just do a search on Google, download the .srt file and then import it into 4.0 XPress.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.