Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 156 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW4 Can you ouput AVHD to Other Disc Formats Bedides BD? KevMull 2 2010-02-28 18:17:09
Question TAW4 H.264 blu-ray (and/or VC-1) native authoring Arturrol 0 2010-02-18 09:00:35
Question TDA3 Simple Menu with Background and Play button smithb 1 2010-04-19 19:19:50
Request TE25 Testing our software Eric 1 2010-10-31 05:17:29
Question TAW4 How can I use triple audio with TMPGenc Authoring Works? Gucciba 2 2010-02-18 12:37:48
Question TAW4 Importing MKV file dphan 2 2010-02-21 17:24:09
Question TE25 converting mp4 video to mpeg2/mpeg1 video to play on dvd migaluchi 2 2010-10-31 05:18:49
Request TAW4 How to make a menu!!! Val 4 2010-02-17 18:35:33
Question TAW4 Video is all blocks between clips... bryceone 3 2010-02-20 02:36:55
Question TME2 VBR from log file jholiday 0 2010-02-13 15:10:11
Question TAW4 Black Sreen on cut-edit Karl 3 2010-02-12 23:29:47
Question TE40 Can't import mkv to xpress 4.0 ibndfan 25 2010-04-20 16:49:03

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 156 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW4 - Can you ouput AVHD to Other Disc Formats Bedides BD? No.62582
KevMull  2010-02-18 20:52:03 ( ID:ypzjgj6j4vj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using AVCHD with other software and they allow you to output AVCHD to standard DVD-R as well as Blu ray.
Can Authoring Works 4 do this or at least let you output o a hard disk or usb pen drive. The spec only mentions Blu Ray which seems a bit strange as I would think most people with HD camcorders like wouldn't author to BD which is still quite expensive for blank media.

Many Thanks

tkrave  2010-02-20 01:55:56 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The specs don't mention any such limitation.
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw4_spec.html

You can import AVCHD and output to DVD-Video, Blu-ray (MPEG-2), and DivX Ultra. You do not need to burn to disc if don't want to; you can just keep the outputted files on your hard drive or create a disc image from them.

KevMull  2010-02-28 18:17:09 ( ID:ypzjgj6j4vj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Many Thanks

That sounds fine to me.

Question - TAW4 - H.264 blu-ray (and/or VC-1) native authoring No.62581
Arturrol  2010-02-18 09:00:35 ( ID:kx6cvy6ojbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When do you plan to implement H.264(VC-1)authoring and smart rendering of edited H.264 streams. 2010, 2011 ??? Any news???

Regards

Question - TDA3 - Simple Menu with Background and Play button No.60913
smithb  2010-02-17 02:35:49 ( ID:qubw686hpcg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to create the simplest of menus for a one video output.

All I want is a background image and a play button. Is this possible?

tkrave  2010-04-19 19:19:50 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes this is possible. Create a custom menu and select a layout with one thumbnail. If you don't want a thumbnail, choose a text-only layout for your track menu. For the menu structure choose "Track Menu only". In the menu editor, you can change you background to whatever image you want by double-clicking on it. This will open a new window where you can choose a new image.

You'll have a link called "Chapter 1" or something like that. If you want to hide it, click on the "Global DVD Menu Settings" button and go to the "Chapter display" tab. Unchecking the box next to Chapter 1 will hide it. You can do the same for the Menu Title as well.

Request - TE25 - Testing our software No.43762
Eric  2010-02-17 01:34:50 ( ID:vxuwsehmwmo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Obviously I'm a newby. Downloaded the freeware to investigate trying to clean up some old home movie vcr tapes. Capturing tape (avi) thru dazzle Pinnacle and then encoding (NTSC, interlace). I tried six experiments with the noise reduction:

1. Still picture 0, Range 1, Time Axis 0, High Quality=No
2. Still picture 20, Range 1, Time Axis 20, High Quality=No (default)
2. Still picture 40, Range 1, Time Axis 40, High Quality=No
2. Still picture 0, Range 1, Time Axis 0, High Quality=Yes
2. Still picture 20, Range 1, Time Axis 20, High Quality=Yes
2. Still picture 40, Range 1, Time Axis 40, High Quality=Yes

I can't see any noticeable difference when playing back the TMPG mpeg file. Is there any difference? I can't find any documentation on the website.

Thanks

seven eleven  Home )  2010-10-31 05:17:29 ( ID:l89/m.du2um )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

4Videosoft iPhone 4 Mate is a four-in-one iphone 4 shareware that designed for iPhone 4 and iPhone 4 fans must own one, including “4Videosoft DVD to iPhone 4 Converter”, “4Videosoft iPhone 4 Video Converter”, “4Videosoft iPhone 4 Transfer”, and “4Videosoft iPhone 4 Ringtone Maker”. With 4Videosoft iPhone 4 Mate,you can convert files to iPhone 4, rip DVDs to iPhone 4, transfer media files to the handset and create ringtones for the iPhone 4.

Now you can Try Before You Buy 4Videosoft iPhone 4 Mate only 22.45 USD(Original price is 44.90 USD) in mustsoftware.com,it means you can enjoy 50% off!

Learn more in: www.mustsoftware.com/4Videosoft-iPhone-4-Mate-guide.html

Question - TAW4 - How can I use triple audio with TMPGenc Authoring Works? No.62578
Gucciba  2010-02-16 21:54:56 ( ID:zpivai/krer )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to add three or four audio languages to my project but it only permits dual...
Any suggestions?

tkrave  2010-02-16 23:46:04 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's not possible. You can only have two audio tracks with Authoring Works.

etcetra  2010-02-18 12:37:48 ( ID:zpivai/krer )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

isn't this annoying?
i'm the creator for my own project and i still i cant add what's mine to what i wanted to create?

Question - TAW4 - Importing MKV file No.62575
dphan  2010-02-16 00:04:52 ( ID:ljki6xqoqlf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Win7 x64 and Using TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4.0.7.32, I am trying to import an MKV file and I get a message:
Could not open the video part of the file abc.mkv Only the audio part can be opened.

I know I was able to import MKV file in the past with Win Vista x64 and I also read the thread #728 that says just to set ffdshow to be used with MKV then it will solve the problem but I could not find anything in ffdshow to let me set it. Unfortunately, the person who has the solution did not leave any additional info on how he did it.

Please advise.

dphan  2010-02-16 22:25:04 ( ID:ljki6xqoqlf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

*** OK, I found the solution and to help those who have the same problem, here is the steps I took. Everything works with TAW4, Windows Media Player will play most popular formats: avi, mkv, flv, mov, asf etc....

1 - Go to http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm & download the latest full version of K-lite codec Pack, current vertsion is 5.70f
2 - Uninstall any previous codec pack.
3 - Install the K-lite codec pack
a - On the first screen, uncheck "Players" if you prefer to use regular Windows Media Player.
b - scroll down and select DirectVobsub 2.33 (I use Subtitle workshop, version 2.39 will crash the program)
c - Leave the rest as is and click Next

4 - Uncheck "Reset all settings to their defaults".
- If you don't want to see ffdshow icon in the taskbar then check "Hide systray icon"
- If you don't want to see Haali icon in the taskbar, then check "Hide systray icon"
- click next
5 - skip DXVA hardware acceleration if you are not using Media Player Classic.
6 - Check on "Windows Media Player" then Next
7 - Check on Video File Extension to allow all file extensions using WMP. Click Next
8 - Select your own speaker configuration then click Next->Install
9 - Check "configure DirectVobSub" if you want to change Font style, size, color for subtitle
10 - Check on "Run Win7DSFilter Tweater tool", you need to change one option in this in order to import MKV file
with TAW. Click Finish
11 - Change Font, size , color to the way you wanted.
12 - On Preferred DirectShow decoding filters in Windows 7 screen, select 32-bit decoders->H.264->DivX H264 then click Apply
then Exit

plivac  2010-02-21 17:24:09 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

dphan,

do you use the encoder express in the process at all?

I am trying to convert anime mkv and batch process them for blu-ray viewing...

thanks

Question - TE25 - converting mp4 video to mpeg2/mpeg1 video to play on dvd No.43760
migaluchi  2010-02-15 18:29:20 ( ID:trcnrlmujja )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi folks...obviously i dont have a clue here...so pls be patient.

for an example...i want to go to archive.org and download the 'Captain America' cliffhanger serial.

1. this should fit on (1) DVD the total of all the files is just under 1.2GB...

and i have a bunch of CD-Rs. i would like to burn some VCDs and DVDs with a little menu system (just PLAY ALL and CHAPTERS).

2. i picked up a sony dvd player and it does play VCDs.

3. i am looking at CH 1: this file (and most of the others like it) give this information:

MPEG4 (260MB) , Ogg video (121MB), and [512Kb MPEG4 (99MB)-- this is the one i chose]...size of files vary. i discovered by accident that this is the format each of these files is in: FORMAT : ISO Media, MPEG v4 system, version 1

4. these will play on my pc and this is a big, new system....windows 7, 1 terabyte disk, 2.6GZ and a DVD burner.

5. this cliffhanger has 15 chapters. it may probably fit on (1) or (2) DVDs or (2) or (3) CDs.
6. i just want to know:
a. will the PAYWARE version of TMPGENC convert into MPEG2 and MPEG1 formats?
b. another forum suggested: TMPGENC paid version to do the encoding...Ulead DVD Workshop 2 (PAYWARE) to do the menus...and burning is with (FREEWARE) ImgBurn

does this sound like a workable solution with WINDOWS 7?

can anyone PLEASE help a lost soul like me? i happen to love these old serials....but i cant afford to buy many. my pension doesnt go far these days.

thanks for your kindness and patience.....

Steve Thompson  2010-04-12 07:47:12 ( ID:bg81bjlsg/w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

migaluchi,

I have TMPGEnc 2.5 and it does all that you have mentioned. The price is too incredible for what it does, regarding quality compression, not to invest in.

Your system should be fine for all of this.

For a DVD, you will want to convert it into an MPEG2 format which will have a file extention of .m2v

If you have ULEAD WORKSHOP 2, which it sounds like you do, then I would use this program to set up your menus and chapters "AND" I would use Ulead Workshop 2 to burn your DVD as well.

That's what I do.

Good Luck,
Steve

seven eleven  Home )  2010-10-31 05:18:49 ( ID:l89/m.du2um )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

4Videosoft DVD Ripper Platinum is best DVD Ripper, DVD Rip software to rip DVD to AVI, rip DVD to MP4, rip DVD to MPEG, MOV, 3GP, MP3 etc with super fastest DVD ripping speed. Therefore, with this DVD Ripper software you are easy to put your DVD on iPod, iPhone, PSP, Apple TV, Zune, BlackBerry etc with excellent sound and image quality.

Now you can Try Before You Buy 4Videosoft iPhone 4 Mate only 19.97 USD(Original price is 39.95 USD) in mustsoftware.com,it means you can enjoy 50% off!

Free to use in: http://www.mustsoftware.com/4Videosoft-DVD-Ripper-Platinum-guide.html

Request - TAW4 - How to make a menu!!! No.62570
Val  2010-02-15 12:11:20 ( ID:ml//b7ovqy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can some one help me to make my menu please!

Menu needs to be the following structure.
I have 3 episodes/series which i would like to put on dvd.

so here is how i want them.
main menu:play all button;choose title button ,subtitle button
title menu:play button,main menu button,subtitles button,chapters button

Thanks

tkrave  2010-02-16 23:45:12 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Choose to create a custom menu in the menu wizard.
Check the box to create a title page for your Track menu.

Top menu = what you describe as the main menu.
Title page for Track menu = what you describe as the title menu.
Track menu = your chapter menu.

Val  2010-02-17 09:57:10 ( ID:ml//b7ovqy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks TKRAVE,
but i want to be able to add buttons and remove buttons ,because even in custom menu the buttons are set and i need to add button for chapter.

Val  2010-02-17 10:57:14 ( ID:ml//b7ovqy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello
The only thing i could not find is on top menu how to add button for subs!!!

tkrave  2010-02-17 18:35:33 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't really add buttons. Authoring Works will automatically add buttons based on your content.

The chapter button appears in the Track title page.

The subtitle button won't appear on the top menu. It's probably because each track can have it's own unique subtitle streams and having a subtitle button on the top menu would only be able to point to one track's subtitle options.

Question - TAW4 - Video is all blocks between clips... No.62566
bryceone  2010-02-14 18:42:05 ( ID:wdjnmma9b7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A friend of ours was on a TV show the other day, so we recorded it, and i'm trying to cut out the commercials and put it on a DVD. The video looks great on Authoring Works 4, however, ever part when I cut out a commercial, the screen goes all blocks, then clears up after a second.

Here's a screen shot: http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5421/clip2du.jpg

Is there something I can do to fix this?

tkrave  2010-02-16 18:13:50 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is that screenshot from the actual outputted file? What's your input source?

bryceone  2010-02-17 18:14:42 ( ID:wdjnmma9b7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, that is a screen shot of the output. The input souce was from our DVD recorder, which is MPEG2 720x480 29.97 fps 4:3 NTSC (Same as output, just wanted to add a menu, and cut commercials.)

tkrave  2010-02-20 02:36:55 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's highly likely that the actual bitrate is higher than the bitrate stated in the video header. You may need to turn off Smart Rendering on this one. Use a bitrate checker (something like this: http://www.winhoros.de/docs/bitrate-viewer/ ) to see what the actual bitrate is and match that setting in the Track settings.

Question - TME2 - VBR from log file No.56108
jholiday  2010-02-13 15:10:11 ( ID:wjo7./nzlom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every so often my TMPGNC crashes during VBR, at the half-way point, AFTER creating the "log" file. Is there a way to now complete the encoding with the existing log file, so it doesn't have to do it all over again?

Question - TAW4 - Black Sreen on cut-edit No.62562
Karl  2010-02-12 14:29:20 ( ID:mrxa6lctb46 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using the latest version of TmpgEnc Authoring Works, but I have problems with the video in realtime.
It shows only the small film, but doesn´t show the full video in the large video window.
The other question is:
Can I make a DivX video with chapters and menu like a DVD ?
thank you

tkrave  2010-02-12 18:39:09 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Right-click on the large preview area and enable/disable overlay mode.

You can make a DivX video complete with chapters and DVD-like menus, but you'll only be able to see the menus on DivX Ultra certified players or if you use DivX Player software on your computer.

Karl  2010-02-12 21:38:01 ( ID:mrxa6lctb46 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

tkrave

Thanks for the answer. Later I´ll try to do it.
But I have an other question.
About the slideshow when I´m using cut-edit.
The slideshow doesn´t show all the slides. Only some. What can I do, or how can I configure it to show all the slides of the video ?
thanks

tkrave  2010-02-12 23:29:47 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you talking about that thumbnail filmstrip in the cut-editor?
If so, you can set up to three settings in the preferences for the frame interval.
Go to Options-->Preferences-->Clip editing. In this window you should see settings called "User setting (1-3)". These settings allow you to create presets for which frames to display in the thumbnail filmstrip.
So, if you want all frames to be visible in the filmstrip, you'd input "1" and select "frame interval". I believe User Setting 1 is set to this by default.

To activate your user settings, go back to the clip-editor window and right click on the main preview area. In the contextual menu, go to "Display settings" and select your desired user setting.

Question - TE40 - Can't import mkv to xpress 4.0 No.59283
ibndfan  2010-02-12 01:43:53 ( ID:bkgqvb/cncj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recently have run into a problem where no .mkv file can be imported into TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress. For some reason, the file just won't import. I've tried with shark's codec pack, cccp, and most recently installed the K-Lite codec pack. I used to be able to import these files, but am at a complete loss as to why it's not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

plivac  2010-02-13 01:34:55 ( ID:ureq0gl40qr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, as an anime encoder it is REALLY frustrating that xpress 4.0 can't do mkv - I've had the product for 3 years now (before the 3.0)...

c'mon guys add this feature once and for all.....

ibndfan  2010-02-14 16:03:09 ( ID:bkgqvb/cncj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It can be done-- just not with built-in ability... I'm not sure why my copy decided to not like my codec packs now though... any help out there?

blåbærgrød  2010-02-18 13:10:31 ( ID:mmoqcxd.w9n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's only a matter of codecs.

You need to install the haali media splitter and possibly also the CCCP pack.

btw - when you open/load the file - remember to open ALL files *.*

Otherwise it will not show the .mkv files.

- - -

Other codecs I have installed:

The vanilla XVID codec http://www.koepi.info/xvid.html

VirtualDubMod

AviSynth

- - -

It works for me - and remember to reboot after you've installed codecs...

plivac  2010-02-21 17:09:50 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just got a new win 7 64 pc with a blu-ray burner.

ideally, I would like to batch process mkv files in HD in TMPG so that I can put entire anime series on a blu-ray.

any simple guide out there for setting up codecs to do this since everything out there reads like its meant for programmers?

thanks

Rosco64209  2010-02-26 02:32:22 ( ID:ptw2koe57hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want mkv in tmpgenc, ive came up with my own ways of getting it in there.

1.Download shark007windows7 codecs and 64bit codcecs.
2.Install codecs, then click shark007 peferred codecs at the bottom(same on both x86 and x64)
3.Downlod the windows 7 perferred filter Tweak from http://www.codecguide.com/windows7_preferred_filter_tweaker.htm
4.Install the tweak and just accept and click next on everything. All of the settigns are already ok.
Now then add file in tmpg and make sure you are looking at "all files" when searching.

Sometimes that doesnt work, like 10% of the time. The other times i just mux the mkv into another format using another program...

1 WAY-Download and Install mkv2vob. Go to settings or confiugration and make sure everything is on auto, and on the right side make sure the DTS to AC3 is check marked. This way if you have mkvs with dts, the program will just make it an mpg wih ac3 audio. You dont lose any video quality, just a little on the audio. That program will take like 5-15 min to make a 25gb mkv into a seperate 25gbmpg. You dont lose the origanl mkv,unless you have checked in mkv2vob. If it has to convert your dts to ac3 your final file will be a little smaller.

2nd WAY- Download and Install Tsmuxer This program will take an assortment of files and will mux your mkv into an m2ts. Once installed load you mkv, click m2ts muxing, and click mux. This will take 5-15 min to make a 25gb mkv into a 25gb m2ts, no loss of video quality and no loss of audio. This program wont downconvert your dts to ac3 just for you information.

Rosco64209  2010-02-26 02:44:44 ( ID:ptw2koe57hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All of the programs i use and trust are downloaded from videohelp.com. Im running this setup on both win7 x64 home and pro. I just checked a vid that i got in the batch encode using the tweak, and the video and audio sounds and looks great, and most important its in sync.

Rosco64209  2010-02-26 05:31:44 ( ID:ptw2koe57hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In my last comment i mentioned all my programs are installed from videohelp.com, well not totally true. You have to get shark007 codecs from shark007.net. But other than that all else is true lol. Good luck, and i hope this helps people. TMPGenc express rocks, its would be Outstanding if it had support for dtshd,dts, truehd, mkv, and a few other file formats in its arsenal.

plivac  2010-02-27 19:06:19 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Rosco,

thanks for the follow-ups...

so I installed all the shark codes and ran the tweak, but Xpress still doesn't recognize the MKV file - it says only audio can be opened.

on the shark codecs (7 and x64) selected recommended and on the tewak just went with "apply" to recommended settings.

Any hints.... the mkv file plays fine in window media player?

plivac  2010-02-27 19:36:32 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i will try to use handbrake as a last resort...... still it would be nice to be able to do it in one go... why aren't the people at pegasys listening!!!!!!!!

I am sure there are tons of people that would want this feature and move to tmpgenc as a result....no business sense....

Rosco64209  2010-02-28 07:35:08 ( ID:ptw2koe57hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok so the video isn't showing up... ok well i know that in the system tray at the bottom of screen, Hallai Media Splitter, vobsub, and ffdshow show up. Haali Media Splitter is what makes the video show up. (sorry for not mentioning this alternate info) When you add that source file, look at all of your stuff in the system tray(click the arrow in windows 7 to see all system tray icons), and see what is trying to start. ok ill try to give as much info as i can....
In shark007 under these tabs make sure what i type, is what you check.
h264-"Use FFDshow's codec"=FFDshow with multithreading
"Use MPC-HC DXVA codec"=Do not use MPC-HC codec (default)
"H264 codec in DirectShow Players"=Use FFDshows Codec
MKV-"Playback"=Use Haali's Splitter (default)
SWAP-"XVID DIVS MP4 in Directshow"=Use FFDshow's codec
"MGEG2 codec in Directshow Players"=Use Microsoft Codec
"AAC audio in Directshow Players"=Use Microsoft Codec
"Right Side"Use FFDshow for MP2/3 instead of Microsoft
StandAlone MP3 splitter
Use FFDshow for WVC1 instead of Microsoft
Disable Windows DMO video codecs
Those are the tabs you should be most worried about. The main goal is to have MKVS using Haali Media Splitter for Video Decoder and FFDshow for Audio. Now all i have to say is dont give up. Just last week i got this all down pat. I bought another quad core computer just because i was able to get mkvs into tmpgenc express. Its so awesome that i can just make projects and throw them into my batch encode tool and it just eats threw movies everyday. But on the second computer all i did was install windows 7(all updated) and installed shark007 and that tweak. I also threw on Media player classic Home Cinema. Its free and has alot of decoders built right in. So what im trying to say is, you are close, very close. MKVS WORK IN TMPGENC with this method. Im not going to lie, i put these programs on my computer so fast, i might of forgot a setting that i have not stated. If i think of anything ill add something. I check this everyday or so. so please be patient on replys.

Extra Tips: Shark 007 - Make sure you right click and run as administrator.
- Make sure you set the settings in both x64 and x86.
- Open up Shark007 settings(always run as administrator), go to config tab. In the middle click the drop down box(that says configuration items) and click FFDshowAudio. Once that is open go to the left side and scroll down to Mixer.(In mine mixer and volume is checked) Go down to Mixer and where it says out speakers configuration, go to drop down and click same as input. Click Apply and ok.

Rosco64209  2010-02-28 07:37:06 ( ID:ptw2koe57hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had everything nice and neat in the comment box, when i go to view it, its all put together. Ill try better next time.

Rosco64209  2010-02-28 07:41:42 ( ID:ptw2koe57hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

lol i keep thinking of things, make sure you reboot every once in a while. Sometimes some things wont take into effect until you restart. also I use mediainfo program to see all the technical info about my files, you should check it out. also if you have a different mkv from a different source, always try that. lol Im going to sleep. Ill be on tomorrow if you need more help. Good luck

Rosco64209  2010-02-28 07:47:07 ( ID:ptw2koe57hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LAST THING, i got to stop proof reading this thing,the first line i was talking about haali splitter vobsub and ffdshow being in my system tray. Those only pop up after i have selected the mkv as my source video in tmpgenc express. I hope that makes sense.

plivac  2010-02-28 18:32:45 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Rosco,

thanks for all the follow-ups!!!

that's the good news:) the bad news is it didn't work :(

I adjusted the settings in shark as you mentioned and in the "mixer", but TMPG is still not accepting the mkv files.

Stubborn little one - are there any settings in the TMPG that I need to make sure are set in the preferences? I know its a pain .... but if you could send me images of the settings then I would be sure we are on the same page?

Also, should i install the cccp pack or any other? download the media player classic?

I have megaupload and I just sent you the download link to a sample mkv that I am trying to add.

plivac  2010-02-28 18:41:53 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

one more thing.... now I can't play .avi files - I get a message that the file is unsupported - I tried resetting shark to recommended settings but nada......

mkv files I can play ......go figure

plivac  2010-02-28 18:45:59 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

so I just did a complete "reset all" of shark and avi plays fine... very confused here.... guess its to square root #1

on a separate note... I REALLY hope the people at PEGASYS are reading this....

Rosco64209  2010-02-28 20:58:44 ( ID:ptw2koe57hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah I hope they are reading this too. Well....... hmmmmm so... OK do this.. Download Tsmuxer from here http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR Its free. Add the mkv to input files. Now sometimes it'll say it cant open all tracks, just click ok and see what tracks show up. If you see your video and audio source in there, go down to output and click M2TS muxing. Then click Mux. There aren't any settings to configure before muxing. The only problem with this program is that it doesn't do negative audio delays(not many videos have video delays). ok now take that m2ts file and put it into tmpgenc.

If the m2ts goes into TMPGenc fine, there is probably a setting problem with codecs for the mkvs. If it goes in and video is still not showing it might be the source file.
Also try taking that mkv and putting into the mkv2vob program i was talking about. This will put the mkv into a format tmpgenc will notice(like .mpg).Theres no quality loss. As before i want you to try this way also to see if its the source file or just settings.

That Mkv2vob program has a queue list. So you can just keep adding files and it will eat threw mkvs, making them into mpgs. Just try the tsmuxer and mkv2vob. They wont take anytime at all. Each program take no more that 15 min, and that was for a 25gb file.

Questions(just need to clarify)
Have you tried another mkv source file, from a completely different source?
Have you ever had a mkv go into TMPGenc successfully?
Is everything updated, like video drivers and audio drivers?

Rosco64209  2010-02-28 21:07:30 ( ID:ptw2koe57hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

got your email. give me a lil bit and ill get back to you. This will make it alot easier.

Rosco64209  2010-02-28 21:09:42 ( ID:ptw2koe57hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

dont worry about trying that example until i get back to you. It will save you alot of time.

Rosco64209  2010-02-28 21:43:18 ( ID:ptw2koe57hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK I got it too work. What i had to do was, put into MKV2Vob. It convered the Mp3 audio to ac3 and then muxed into mpg. It took less than 30 seconds to do. You wont need any codecs for doing it this way. This is one of those times you have to do a work around. The settings again for mkv2vob are to keep everything defauly except in the configuration tab, click always transcode dts, even though that didnt have dts. Like the source file you were working with was dvd oriented. The MKVS i usually put into tmpgenc are 15 to 25gb bluray files. The DVD's are little different. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Rosco

Rosco64209  2010-03-02 21:13:48 ( ID:ptw2koe57hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok so the conclusion of everything... The mkv couldn't be put in because of some video error, mainly this will happen when you take a dvd and make into a mkv, for some reason it just wont take it. If you take a bluray and make it into a mkv, tmpgenc will take it with the tweak. We had to convert the mkv to mpg using mkv2vob. This took less than 30 seconds for a dvd source mp3 audio mkv file to convert to mpg. In mkv2vob, you can drag and drop files into the queue, to make faster conversion of multiple files. Hopefully this makes sense for all.

Rosco

plivac  2010-03-03 16:37:50 ( ID:1qmif0qdywc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Rosco,

thanks for the all the help - I recently got a response from their tech support saying that they are hearing a lot of .mkv conversion requests so ultimately it would be nice to have and "add-in" for that.

In the meantime I will use handbrake or MKV2Vob tool - I tested both and it appears that while handbrake takes longer the results are somewhat better - not 100% sure though.

cheers.

Jimcgr  2010-03-20 02:43:22 ( ID:jw/ckx7w5tk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just want to add my experience as I think it will help people looking to open MKV (both vc-1 and h.264) files in TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress. I'm using windows 7.

After reading a thread on videohelp.com I uninstalled ffdshow and haali that I had previously installed then I installed Shark007. I launched Shark's application settings using "right-click" and "run as admin". Under the h.264 tab, on the right part, I changed "use Ms Codec" to "Use FFDshow's codec". Click exit button to apply. Make sure to restart TMPGenc if it was already running.

With this I can finally open those MKV files ( mainly the h.264 were the problem ) with tmpgenc!!

PJStyles  2010-04-16 01:23:05 ( ID:pmzijxuvywc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just want to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to JIMCGR! As he mentioned in his post, I uninstalled all the individual installs ie: Haali Splitter etc and then installed Shark007's Codecs For Windows 7, made the setting change he suggested, and all is working perfectly.

Thanks!!!!

PJStyles

Cid_X  2010-04-20 16:49:03 ( ID:j7hmj5zdnfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks to Jimcgr. Simply adjusting that 1 setting in Shark007's win7 codecs, and on the x64 components, allowed me to properly import mkv files and transcode them. Thanks again.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.