Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 159 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TE40 TMPG4 not as many options for QT and worse quality? 3dtpi 2 2010-04-12 18:52:30
Question TE40 New nVidia Drivers Stan 1 2010-02-05 08:35:15
Question TAW4 Unsupported File (error code 0x80048003) Fagin 2 2010-01-27 16:59:32
Question TE40 best mpeg-2 encoding settings at 15 Mbps benoitm 0 2010-01-25 11:05:54
Question TDA3 Error in TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 bigboy 0 2010-01-25 02:49:15
Question TAW4 Ms maxy007 1 2010-01-26 17:54:18
Question TAW4 this file is not a project generated by TMPG...4 corwyn77 1 2010-02-22 07:44:34
Question TE40 License Validation jday 1 2010-01-22 18:07:37
Request TAW4 Delete Subs from Avi/Mkv files Wilfredo 0 2010-01-20 15:41:07
Question TE40 tmpge izzy 1 2010-01-20 10:02:31
Question TAW4 Authering Works Wont install on WIndows 7 x64 JSchmelzer 1 2010-01-19 23:03:01
Free talk TME1 How to convert your videos to Zune video format for free? zisel 0 2010-01-19 03:43:56

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 159 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TE40 - TMPG4 not as many options for QT and worse quality? No.59261
3dtpi  2010-01-27 01:45:29 ( ID:tdu9asbpytm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I noticesd this about TMPG 4 (4.7.4.299 jan11th2010 build -latest so far)
The quicktime options(settings) are really disapointing.. We own a Quicktime Pro license on this computer and TMPG4 does not even pickup that I have QTpro. .so the QT render functions are super limited to what I can do-- I was hoping TMPG4 would let me batch out qt movies better than doing every movie individually thru QTpro..but TMPG4 definatly is not worth using for QT (ex: H264 QT output render only lets me select "quality"- I did a test TMPG4 vs QTpro render and both set to best the QTpro(H264 all options set to auto and quality to best) movie rendered smaller file size and better video quality-TMPG4 movie was more washed out- also the same frame on both videos TMPG had somehow lost a frame it was off by 1 frame in the rendered movie 1280x720 59.94fps(and even in cut-edit room the same frame was not same frame as viewed thru qt player-acctually off by 2 frames in cut-edit room). The TMPG4 qt movie: 71mb the QTpro rendered movie: 52mb thats a BIG difference if the settings were set IDENTICALY!
It acctualy will pay off to take extra time and render each movie seperatly thru QTpro than to batch them at once in TMPG4.. a shame since i like tmpg and for other formats seems to be worth using..

RENDERED from a original file that is 17mb 1280x720 59.94fps .MP4(extention)

PLEASE FIX QT bugginess in TMPG4.. so that:
1)the tmpg4 BEST options render what QTpro Best options render to
2)if one owns qtpro it will detect it and there will be more options for rendering
3)set so that frame # in source qt file is the same in cut-edit room in TMPG4 (currently off by 2 frames ex: fram420 is 418 in cut-edit room)

averan  2010-04-10 19:14:20 ( ID:aezvk9n2pl6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i second the motion.
QT formats like h.264 are the de-facto standard delivery format nowadays, i used to use TMPGEnc for all my video conversions but haven't touched it in a year because of its super lame use of QT. i simply cannot deliver the quality i need with the limited options available.

tkrave  2010-04-12 18:52:30 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why not use the MPEG-4 AVC output profile for H.264 encoding? Unless you absolutely have to have the .mov extension...

Question - TE40 - New nVidia Drivers No.59259
Stan  2010-01-27 00:33:56 ( ID:k4tnkxecrgw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've noticed that nVidia has released a new version of their drivers (i.e. 196.21) and was wandering if anyone knows if the compatibility problems the latest update from TMPG Xpress have been fixed. I'm referring here to the problem with using CUDA capability, which causes the Xpress to crash if not disabled or use an older (pre-CUDA 3.0) nVidia drivers.

Stan  2010-02-05 08:35:15 ( ID:n.st5sh/bnl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tested the new nVidia drivers and can confirm that they work TMPGEnc Xpress now. Thanks to Pegasys for advising us (NOT!). What a lousy customer service they have. I know it wasn't (probably ) their fault, but at least they should have an audacity to tell us it's been fixed.

Question - TAW4 - Unsupported File (error code 0x80048003) No.62525
Fagin  2010-01-25 19:31:52 ( ID:ttaavyj7uof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get this error when I try to open an AVI file but when I open a DVD everything is OK.

Can anyone help?

tkrave  2010-01-26 17:53:23 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have the right codec installed? Use GSpot to find the right codec and make sure you have it.

Mathew Lisett  Home )  2010-01-27 16:59:32 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i had this, and i had to unistall, clean the system and then install newer packs of codecs (re dowenload them) and then try.

i believe i also had to for soem reason encode in a different format.

but sayign this the recent verison do seem to act odd with some files for no reason.

i edited a project which i hadnt a single issue with and then suddenly it didnt wnat to know, and when i woudl go to edit the d2v file it came up with an error that according to google is an issue that arisen back in v3 days.

Question - TE40 - best mpeg-2 encoding settings at 15 Mbps No.59258
benoitm  2010-01-25 11:05:54 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to archive my PAL DV tapes to a near lossless format (I can't just keep DV as my mediaplayer device (WD TV HD) doesn't support AVI DV files).

After some testing, I quickly gave up with formats like MPEG4 or VC1, because of imperfect interlacing support (I want to keep interlacing as deinterlacing would dramatically change the perceived quality of the video)

Since I have no size limits, and my goal is to achieve "near lossless" encoding, I tried converting to Mpeg-2 using the following parameters:

VBR 100%
DC Component precision: 10 bit
Motion search precision: High
GOP: I, P pictures only
Low-pass filter on color channels: disabled

all other settings are left to their defaults.

(Source: PAL DV interlaced 4:3)

Problem: in some scenes with lots of "difficulties" (many small details, like small leaves, etc.) the resulting output is disappointing compared to the source: there is quite some mosquito noise around sharp edges, blocky color patches and other artifacts in the "busy scenes"; note that the camcorder used is a reputable DV SD one, producing very detailed images and known for very high sharpness for SD resolution (SONY TRV900). I was hoping that going from 25 Mbps DV to 15 Mbps mpeg-2 would be nearly lossless, the decrease in total bitrate being "absorbed" by the IP encoding scheme; obviously it is NOT the case.

Question: to achieve the goal (best visual quality & essentially no constraints, except bitrate limit for MP@ML = 15 Mbps) what should I change in the encoding settings ? Should I e.g. change the quantization matrix (what settings ?). Is it necessary to keep IPB GOP vs IP, despite the high bitrate ?

(Interestingly, while in other situations the TmpgEnc mpeg-2 encoder yields better results (at "DVD" bitrates: 4 to 8 Mbps) than my editing program (Avid Liquid 7.2), in this case, I get less artifacts with the latter outputting 15 Mbps mpeg-2 (IPB) than TmpgEnc using the above settings (IP).)

Thanks !

Question - TDA3 - Error in TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 No.60912
bigboy  2010-01-25 02:49:15 ( ID:vmqpcloomy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to remove some logo's using DeLogo filter in Virtualdub MPEG2. I have a DVD in "VOB format" and i use the frame server funktion in Virtualdub MPEG2. I open the server file in TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 and follow the wizard.....

Now to the problem.

When I press Start output button, it says:

Unsupported file. (error code 0x80048003)"

Output preview is okay, subtitles and audio is appears and its running well.

Please help me how to make it works, thanks

Question - TAW4 - Ms No.62523
maxy007  2010-01-22 21:02:38 ( ID:b35bj0f744n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted an AVI file (which has sound) and when I converted it to DVD there was no sound. The audio format is AC3. How do I get sound into my projects?

Thanks

tkrave  2010-01-26 17:54:18 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It might be a codec problem. What codecs does the avi file use?

Question - TAW4 - this file is not a project generated by TMPG...4 No.62521
corwyn77  2010-01-22 06:59:37 ( ID:j.htfjymdam )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has this error come up for anyone else?

I have 6 open projects currently and only one of them gives the above error when I try to open it. It worked yesterday, now it doesn't. I haven't updated anything since then - not with this program or windows or anything else.

I'm running Windows 7 and until now have had no issues.

PablitoCarajero  Home )  2010-02-22 07:44:34 ( ID:v4rwfjuo376 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Forget it, man. Happened twice to me with the largest project you could imagine: a lot of time on it, was really nice, almost finished. Like you, from one day to another, I couldn't open the file no more. No one has ever given an answer on this issue. Forget it, and start looking for another software, cos this will happen again to you, no matter which windows or TMPGEnc version you install...

Cheers

Question - TE40 - License Validation No.59256
jday  2010-01-21 18:49:46 ( ID:7rndjjtj4ta )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having problems validating my license, I just purchased a new license and now have two licenses on my account. I am trying to put the new license on my computer and it comes up with the old Serial and will not let me change it nor will it validate the old license. My other comp has the other license and it works so I need to get this one to the new license ? I uninstalled and reinstalled the old number is still there?

Please help.

tkrave  2010-01-22 18:07:37 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to remove the license file from the application data folder.

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\(whatever your user name is)\Application Data\Pegasys Inc\TMPGEnc4XP

and then delete the .lic file.

Request - TAW4 - Delete Subs from Avi/Mkv files No.62520
Wilfredo  Home )  2010-01-20 15:41:07 ( ID:6kgnkpdslu. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would really like to be able to delete or add a sub to a file that has already a sub embedded. ConvertXtoDVD is able to do that, but I don't like to work with that program, that's why I use TMPGEnc Authoring Works.

It's as simple as that. Why do I need to use another program to delete subs from mkv and/or avis?

I just want to import my video, select the subtitle and delete it to add my own.

Please, can someone reply on this?

Question - TE40 - tmpge No.59254
izzy  2010-01-19 22:53:55 ( ID:zgn69/nxxvn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

tried to convert an avi file but it says audio part can't be opened anyone knows how to fix this problem thanks.

Mathew Lisett  Home )  2010-01-20 10:02:31 ( ID:saqvxdrmmwa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

use nandub to demux the audio to wav.

import the video with xpress and then in its audio section import the wav and done.

Question - TAW4 - Authering Works Wont install on WIndows 7 x64 No.62518
JSchmelzer  2010-01-19 06:16:57 ( ID:ng9qmudxezc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get the error below when trying to install the software. At my work we started doing web cast and I recommended this software and it kinda back-lashed we financed having this ordered so I can make DVD for people with out internet so they do not miss presentation of new upcoming policies and such. But the error is below any help would be great also I have tried compatibility mode. So you know we just switched to Windows 7 Enterprise x64. I did test on my machine at home to get the work done but it runs Windows 7 Home Starter and a net book is no way to do this as it takes forever.

"This version TAW4_Retail_4.0.7.32_setup_en.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Thanks for the help in advance,
James

tkrave  2010-01-19 23:03:01 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not really sure why it wouldn't work. I haven't tried it on Windows 7 x64 myself, but I think other forum users have been able to install it without issue.

So you've tried it with and without compatibility mode and no change?

I'm wondering if the fact that it's the Enterprise edition is part of the problem.
Are you running in administrator mode?

Maybe it's also a bad download of the installer. Try to redownload it.

You might also want to contact user support about this as they might now something we don't:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

Free talk - TME1 - How to convert your videos to Zune video format for free? No.54457
zisel  2010-01-19 03:43:56 ( ID:8opxq.dzs.l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recently treated myself to a HD camcorder. I got the camcorder a bit early so I could have a chance to play around with it and practice editing the clips, the camcorder records the clips in a .MTS format which is a High-definition MPEG Transport Stream video format, commonly called "AVCHD"; used by Sony, Panasonic, and other HD camcorders; based on the MPEG-2 transport stream and supports 720p and 1080i HD video formats.

I captured lots of fun home movie HD videos and would like to put these videos on my Zune player to watch. The problem is that the videos that I captured with HD camcorder are in .MTS format which the Zune player can not playback. I've googled a lot and found out that the Zune player could only support videos of H.264/WMV format with 1080i HD resolution, up to 14 Mbps bit rate, CBR or VBR for above supported video profiles or MPEG-4 Part 2 Simple Profile up to 4.0 Mbps bit rate.

I've tried lots of video converters to convert .MTS videos to Zune video formats but the best I can get are trial version converters that put inconvenient huge watermarks in the middle of them. A friend of mine recommend a Free Zune Video Converter to me. This one is really good for me. No watermark, and no time limitation. It just takes some clicks to convert videos to Zune video format using this free Zune video converter. I thought maybe some people got the same problems to find out a free yet easy-to-use Zune Video Converter to convert videos to Zune video format. Just let me show you to how to convert the videos to Zune video format step by step.

Step 1: Download & install Aneesoft Free Zune Video Converter
We'll be using the very nice video converter software called Aneesoft Free Zune Video Converter for converting videos to Zune video format, head over here and download the free trial version of Free Zune Video Converter. Next step is to install Free Zune Video Converter.

Step 2: Run Free Zune Video Converter and add videos
Now run Free Zune Video Converter and click the big button "Add..." to add videos from your hard disk, you may add as many videos as you want to convert to Zune video format. Only the titles you checked will be converted.

Step 3: Edit & merge videos: trim, crop, add effect, add watermark
This Free Zune Video Converter program has two versions. The free version is function-limited. If you'd like to edit and merge your videos, you need to upgrade to the pro version.

Step 4: Set the output Zune video format
Zune supports MP4(MPEG-4/H.264) & WMV video format. So we set the output format to "Zune MPEG-4 Video(*.mp4)" for Zune. You may also find other preset video setting options avaiable for you.

Step 5: Start converting videos to Zune video format for free
Now you may click the big button "Start" to begin converting videos to Zune compatible video files. An "Upgrade to Aneesoft Zune Video Converter" window will pop up. If you wouldn't like to upgrade, just click "No, thanks" to continue converting your videos to Zune video format.

Once the convert is complete, Aneesoft Free Zune Video Converter will place on your Desktop a new Zune format version of your video that will play on the Zune. Double-click the new file and play it to make sure it looks as you expect. I bet you'll be surprise at the video quality, just like me.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.