Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 175 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE40 A/V Sync Problem with standard def DVD/MPEG2 format cym 6 2009-10-17 21:01:55
Question TE40 Audio drops out after processing a "bad" frame in the source sdegonge 3 2009-11-06 17:15:19
Question TE40 Green Bar on Side Siani_8 1 2009-09-24 00:57:42
Question TAW4 Help with AW dvdcrazy12 8 2009-10-09 23:06:35
Question TMVS MovieStyle cuzzoni 1 2023-06-07 15:48:18
Question TAW4 Bitrate Too Large? David40 5 2009-09-24 16:25:03
Question TAW4 TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 Slideshow - blurred results tc 1 2009-09-22 02:38:05
Question TAW4 Prob with file size in Tmpg Author 4 brianMacD 3 2009-09-24 18:17:50
Question TE40 Will TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress make a AVCHD DVD? GARoss 3 2009-09-20 04:41:12
Request TE40 Use source video framerate/dimensions + audio freq/bitrate coen99 0 2009-09-15 11:17:38
Question TE40 tmpge dont resize. dont work in 800x600 tunganga 1 2009-09-22 02:53:23
Question TE40 Enabling Output YUV data as basic YCbCr, not CCIR601 in TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress ScorpioProd 1 2009-09-13 05:58:49

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 175 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE40 - A/V Sync Problem with standard def DVD/MPEG2 format No.59060
cym  2009-09-26 06:02:19 ( ID:iwxykabgcsk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I encode MPEG2 for SD DVD, the audio is slightly ahead of the video. It is this way from the very beginning. This occurs if I use the software codec from TMPGEnc 4 Express, or if I use the FirecoderBlue SpursEngine card.

Has anyone seen this, and found a solution? Is there a known good set of setting for encoding?

tkrave  2009-09-28 18:15:31 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe a workaround is to demux the audio and video then load them as separate files. You can find the demultiplexing tool in the Start Stage-->MPEG Tools.

cym  2009-10-01 03:20:16 ( ID:iwxykabgcsk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> I believe a workaround is to demux the audio and
> video then load them as separate files. You can
> find the demultiplexing tool in the Start
> Stage-->MPEG Tools.

My input is an AVI file. It is perfectly synced. The tools demuxer doesn't support AVI files.

tkrave  2009-10-01 20:08:52 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should have mentioned that from the beginning.

Here's an older post that might help you.
http://bbs.tmpg-inc.com/bbs.php?key=audio+sync&search=+Search+&board=en_te40#topic86

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-10-01 21:16:53 ( ID:medjp4.yoma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok use nandub to take away the audio and also so re add to the video if needed after your encoding, but also you can add the audio file to the mpegvia the mpeg tools tmpgenc xpress has.

also make sure that you select the correct fps format that yu encode your video , because if its different than the original source, thats where the syns issues will be.

cym  2009-10-17 03:27:12 ( ID:iwxykabgcsk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think seperating audio/video to resolve this is a reasonable solution. This is a 2 hour video, and I have quite a lot of them. This AVI file can be encoded perfectly with other apps. The audio is ahead of the video, even from the very beginning. It is a constant delay. Although the audio gap feature could be used to fix it, it is trial and error to get the correct delay.

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-10-17 21:01:55 ( ID:k35eburmzjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the audio your using is it vbr mp3?

Question - TE40 - Audio drops out after processing a "bad" frame in the source No.59056
sdegonge  2009-09-25 21:04:48 ( ID:wwsucy80m6k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress (version 4.7.1.284)

Source is a DVD.

Audio drops out after processing a "bad" frame in the source. My source file has what appears to be a bad frame. When using the Cut-Edit tool the bad frame is visible in the "film strip" below the main image. There's one section that has no image, almost like a gap in the source. Kinda hard to explain but I hope you understand what I'm talking about. Well, when playing the video from the Cut-Edit screen the audio drops out after passing this bad frame and the audio remains off for the remainder of playback. This loss of audio also ends up in the final file (in my case it's an .mp4 but I think that's irrelevant since the problem occurrs before the file is even converted). If I move the cursor to point after then bad frame and play, the audio works fine so it's the processing of that one frame that kills audio from that point on.

So...
Has anybody experienced this and is there a work-around? or...

I can cut out the bad frame...
Is there a way to find a bad frame like this without having to manually scan all 300000 frames of my movie.

gazoo  2009-10-26 15:58:00 ( ID:ta7hqxbwamj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem. I have yet to find a solution. :-/

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-10-27 09:08:14 ( ID:k35eburmzjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if the file is mpeg-2 format , use dgindex to create a d2v file this will also locate the bad frames and fix them...well it should do.

then all you do is load the d2v file into the software and load the audio file

sarge_in  2009-11-06 17:15:19 ( ID:ucmo3982gff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same error. I ended up figuring out the bad frame and deleting a few frames before and after. It worked fine after that. But yes, it would be good to have this fixed properly in the s/w.

Question - TE40 - Green Bar on Side No.59054
Siani_8  2009-09-23 16:32:49 ( ID:gmmfcyshzdj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I am new to using this software. I have reencoded some of my movies to WMV with great sucuess using TMPGenc 4.0. However, I got to one last night that wanted to encode my movie with a green bar on the left side of the video. This was .m2ts files with H264 video and AC3 6 channel audio.

I would really appreciate any advice or assistance with encoding this movie without the green bar.

Thanks

siani_8  2009-09-24 00:57:42 ( ID:ardzzpklxkl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nevermind. The green bar only shows when viewing through WMP 11 and not my actual TV. I can live with that.

Question - TAW4 - Help with AW No.62241
dvdcrazy12  2009-09-23 01:40:53 ( ID:xvf.jn/dpxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi...I have been playing around with my settings in TPMG AW 4 for a few weeks, ran into some problems. I have found out through trial and error basicly now that the picture gets kinds of blurry/pixaly when someone moves/ camera moves after I use AW to put it on dvd. I am importing files through my dvd recorder as well as converting AVI files with the AW software to DVD. The files themselves are all good and great quality until I put them through AW. I am thinking it has something to do with the encoder settings. I did change the "Motion Search" settings to higest with error correction, that seemed to help some, but not a ton. I wonder if when u go into settings and MPEG settings it has a "Intercom MPEG encoder" thing there, do I need to change it to a different encoder? I LOVE AW and I just need to get my settings right LOL! Please help! :D

tkrave  2009-09-23 23:28:26 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are your other track settings? I'm guessing your source video isn't in a DVD-compliant format, otherwise it wouldn't re-encode the video and there'd be no quality difference.

In Source stage-->Track settings-->Video tab, change the encoding mode to "Re-encode all videos as below".
Then for Rate control mode, select "VBR (Full rendering 2 pass VBR)".
Pump up the bitrate and max bitrate to 9200 kb/s if it isn't up there already.
Change motion search settings to it's best setting as you have already done.

You'll have to change these settings for each track.
Other than this, I'm not sure what else you can do within TAW4.
Outside of TAW4, you can use some other video encoder (such as 4.0 XPress) to re-encode your source video into DVD-compliant MPEG.

dvdcrazy12  2009-09-24 22:09:10 ( ID:npudncuycx2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am importing mostly from dvd files from my dvd recorder...the only thing that is re-encoding is the cut out parts (smart rendering) BUT I am using the target size 4.7 gb otherwise it wouldn't fit onto a single layer dvd. I will still try what u said though! Thanks! BTW- is there anything else u would suggest from reading this post? :D

tkrave  2009-09-24 22:41:04 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ah I see, you're using the transcoding settings in the Output stage. I'm pretty sure that is what is causing the quality drop. How big is your project before transcoding? If your project is huge, like 9GB or so, then you're going to get a quality drop no matter what as long you're trying to fit it on a single layer DVD and keep it in the DVD-Video format.

You can try selecting "None" as the target size and then output the file without burning to disc. You can then check the output file to see if the quality is as it should be. If it looks good, then we can confirm that it is the transcoding settings that are causing the quality drop.

dvdcrazy12  2009-09-24 23:12:33 ( ID:npudncuycx2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, it isn't really bad quality...it is just after I put it through aw it has a kind of blurryness/pixal thing when it is done rendering...so it is probably the transcoder, so I will play around with the settings and what u suggested! TY! :D

dvdcrazy12  2009-09-24 23:13:35 ( ID:npudncuycx2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, is there any way to have smart rendering with the 2-pass encoder for the re-encoded parts?

tkrave  2009-09-24 23:23:10 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Unfortunately, no. However, you can change the picture quality to 100 (by default, it is 90 I think).

dvdcrazy12  2009-09-24 23:32:40 ( ID:npudncuycx2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL...I have it that way already LOL...well anyways I will see what happens and thanks again! :D

dvdcrazy12  2009-10-09 23:06:35 ( ID:8ryaptdijel )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey again...LOL! I have FINALLY figured out that it is the transcoder making the blurry/pixaly thing...not too bad except for after a big move in the picture, when it settles the pixals show a lot and then go away...is there anyway to reduce or get rid of this? Also if there is a bright picture and then after it a darker one, the pixals are even worse...can anyone help? There is something in the preferences about the transcoder engine and it looks like you COULD change it, but it is greyed out...I am not sure if changing that would even help...but I am just asking if anyone know what to do to improve this! Thanks! :D

Question - TMVS - MovieStyle No.61256
cuzzoni  2009-09-21 23:23:39 ( ID:gnzyx6ayhho )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can I make thumbnails for the video files I create with MovieStyle?
MovieStyle always seems to use the first frame of the video.
If there is a trick to do it with another program I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks,
cb

tkrave  2009-09-25 23:54:09 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Which thumbnails are you talking about? The ones that show up in Windows or in a certain device such as the PSP?

In any case, I don't think it's possible; at least, I haven't found a way to do it with MovieStyle.

Question - TAW4 - Bitrate Too Large? No.62235
David40  2009-09-21 16:00:15 ( ID:rc2rimbg/yn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to re-author a double layer DVD as a single layer DVD. When I get to the end of the project I get an error massage that says "Total Bitrate is too Large for Standard DVD ....."
I'm not sure what that means or how to fix it.
Would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

tkrave  2009-09-22 02:50:17 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The video is probably too long or the quality is too high for a single layer DVD. Thus, lowering the bitrate will make the filesize smaller, allowing it to fit on a single layer DVD. The less space on the disc you have, the more you're going to have to sacrifice on quality (assuming it's a full-length movie).

If you don't know much about bitrates, try the Transcoding option in the Output stage and make sure you select single layer DVD as your target media size. This should automatically adjust the quality so your video can fit on the single layer DVD.

David40  2009-09-22 04:58:59 ( ID:rc2rimbg/yn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, I will try that, but just for an experiment I ignored the warning and hit the "Continue Anyway" button. It created the DVD and I tried playing it in my new DVD player. It was perfect, but of course it's a new player and that may make a difference. I'm going to find an old DVD player and see if it will play on that. If it works in an old player then maybe the error message is a useless glitch. What I really can't understand is where the message says "total bitrate" I thought a bit rate was just an adjustable number. How is it related to a "Total" as though something is being added up. It's not saying the bit rate is too high, it's says the bitrate TOTAL is too high. I don't understand that at all.

donp  2009-09-22 15:52:52 ( ID:ndk.udhccwf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The maximum bit rate you have selected may be above the nominal DVD standard maximum rate, even if the total file size fits on a single layer. Many, but not all, DVD players can cope with the higher bit rate. Thus there is some risk it will not play on some, especially older, DVD players.

David40  Home )  2009-09-23 01:40:14 ( ID:rc2rimbg/yn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Something is screwy. If I set the Source Encoder to Automatic it comes up with a non-adjustable maximum bit rate of 9641 which is well below the maximum of 9848, and that's when I get the error message about it being too high at 9866.
But if I set it to "Re-Encode All" I can set it all the way to 9840 and it does not present me with the error message. Do you think it's a bug in the software?

donp  2009-09-24 16:25:03 ( ID:ndk.udhccwf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Might the difference be whether or not audio is included in the bit rate setting/calculation?

Question - TAW4 - TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 Slideshow - blurred results No.62233
tc  2009-09-20 22:03:25 ( ID:kkj65jjjpng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I have been trying to produce a slideshow from high quality photos (15 megapixel) but am very disappointed with the resulting DVD (viewed on the computer only so far). The source pictures are crystal clear, yet the images in the resulting video are degraded so much that the video is 'unwatchable'. I have tried installing various video codecs (thinking I might not have some necessary bit to achieve the quality I expect), and have tried resizing the image files to smaller 720 x 540 size in case TMPGEnc AW4 is struggling with the size of the source files. Both methods fail to correct the problem.

I have also tried to produce a slideshow using MemoriesOnTV and get the same kind of poor quality results. I have used both these packages previously (over a year ago) and was pleased with the results. That was on a different computer no longer available to me.

I am using a Dell Dimension 9200 with Vista.

I hope someone can help, and will thank any responders now in advance.

tkrave  2009-09-22 02:38:05 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's possible that you just have a bigger, better monitor now and can thus see how DVD-quality just doesn't look as good on a larger, high-resolution display.

Can you take a screencap of a frame from the slideshow DVD (via PowerDVD or something like that)?

Question - TAW4 - Prob with file size in Tmpg Author 4 No.62229
brianMacD  2009-09-20 16:35:48 ( ID:cu/lo15umem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used Tmpg Express successfully to (edit out the ads) then recode TV recordings (English FreeView), giving an output file of a tiny bit less than 4.4GB, which i can then burn to DVD.
Trying to do this with Tmpg Authoring 4, however, gives
a) several complaints about non-compliant data rates etc and
b) a file size less than the original TV recording eg a 1.58 .mpg file gives a file of 1.32 GB - which then burns to my DVD making it look like an idiot has recorded it. What is going wrong? I just can't figure it out . . brianMacD

tkrave  2009-09-22 02:43:09 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are the specs of the source video? is it HD? What output format did you use in TMPGEnc XPress? Specs? Dimensions, bitrate, framerate?

brianMacD  2009-09-24 17:25:07 ( ID:ntgm7oaeuah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

-thnx for your questions tkrave - sorry to be tardy in response. This is the first time that I have had to be involved with any of this, in many years of recording TV broadcasts via my computer to disc!!! And also copying from DVD to DVD has been trouble free.
I put film A into TMPGExpress 4 and it gives :
Highest bitrate 15000 Kb/s; average b/r is 2769 Kb/s.
The film is PAL, 25 fps , 720 x 576, duration is 1h 47 min

The O/P format used is DVD standard MPEG which works fine and here gave
an average video bitrate of 5168 Kb/s and audio 224 |Kb/s which gives
a file size to burn later of approx 4.38 GB.

Now in TAW4 I get identical figures for the input film but when I move to the output stage I select "single layer DVD" and get an o/p size of 2.291 GB at the bottom. If I look at the output size it is grayed out and says 4.359 GB.
When clicking on "Start O/P"; now there occurs 2 complaints about both the video bitrate and the total bitrate being too high for the DVD standard and the recode goes ahead as less than half the required figure.

HAVE YOU ANY SUGGESTION PLEASE? I certainly seem to have been spoilt because this TMPG author 4 prog is obviously meant for use by real professionals. I do know that these terms exist but have never been asked to use them myself.
Using Nero, or FLICK or SHRINK or ISOBURN or Decrypter or DVDFab has insulated me from all that.

This is important to me as I just hate to be bested!! Many thanks for your help. Brian

tkrave  2009-09-24 18:17:50 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It might be that the maximum video bitrate is too high, but I don't think it should be since you output it as DVD-compliant MPEG in 4.0 XPress. Your average bitrate and audio bitrate look fine.

My advice is to ignore the warnings.
Also, select "None" as your target size in the Output stage. This should keep your file size the same.

Question - TE40 - Will TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress make a AVCHD DVD? No.59050
GARoss  2009-09-17 20:09:29 ( ID:uyonnstmbvl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As a video editor for my wedding video company, I've used TMPGEnc 2.5 for years & found it to be great. Now I'm looking at TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress & it says it supports AVCHD. If it will do the following I'll buy it.

I've made AVCHD DVDs before with Nero 8 & they looks great - far better standard DVD quality. And, my Panasonic Blu-Ray player will playback AVCHD DVDs in true HD. I state it like this because I'm not looking to down convert AVCHD to DVD mpeg standard def quality. I want to keep the video at 1920x1080.

Simply put, will TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress make AVCHD DVD?

africanmarty  2009-09-18 16:10:12 ( ID:dfditwmikpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no, i've tried. i can only do it with premier pro CS3, using mpeg pro HD plugin. if you find a way to do it with tmpgenc4 let me know.

GARoss  2009-09-18 20:18:06 ( ID:uyonnstmbvl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks.

MasterFreaK  Home )  2009-09-20 04:41:12 ( ID:zq6jfjphdtg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1440x1080 at max , but the blu-ray option will do 1920x1080.
best of luck for a proper file size.

Request - TE40 - Use source video framerate/dimensions + audio freq/bitrate No.59049
coen99  2009-09-15 11:17:38 ( ID:rrfxv86vvvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I import a batch of different video files I would like TMPGENC to take
1. the videoframerate (eg. 25 fps),
2. the videodimensions (eg. 800x600),
3. the audio frequency (eg. 48khz) and
4. the audiobitrate (eg. 128 Kbps)
from each individual source file and leave it as is (same way Mediacoder works). This way these are left unchanged.

Question - TE40 - tmpge dont resize. dont work in 800x600 No.59047
tunganga  2009-09-12 12:30:45 ( ID:vtleof6ygyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

please someone help me.
i changed my resolution 800x600 for up 1200 and now
turn back 800x600 and desaper, the buton encode.
tmpge window is so big, no resizable. no work. pluease help me
------------------------
eu mudei a resolução de 800x600 para acima de 1200 depois que voltei para 800x600, o botao de encode nao aparece na tela, a janela do tmpge ficou grande demais e não cabe toda na tela e nao tem como usar pois ele nao tem opção minimizar maximizar. Obrigado
------------------------------
yo cambie la opcion 800x600 e ahora volve a 800x600 y la opciona "encoder" no veo admas, la ventana es mas grande que imagene del pc. gracias a todos que podán ajurár-me.

preparesse1@bol.com.br rita

tkrave  2009-09-22 02:53:23 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

800x600 is too small. The software requirements states that it needs at least 1024x768 resolution.
You have to increase your monitor's resolution or get a better monitor.

Question - TE40 - Enabling Output YUV data as basic YCbCr, not CCIR601 in TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress No.59045
ScorpioProd  Home )  2009-09-12 10:51:24 ( ID:x26lcabfipo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used TMPGEnc 2.5 for years for my MPEG-2 encoding for DVD, and it works great. But I want to move up to TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress.

I have been testing the trial version of TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress, but there is an important setting I can't find that is in TMPGEnc 2.5.

The setting ''Output YUV data as basic YCbCr, not CCIR601''. This is on the Quantize matrix page in TMPGEnc 2.5.

How do I enable this in TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress? It is required for the frameserving I do from Vegas Pro 9 to TMPGEnc for the proper contrast range and colors to be used, based on Vegas' RGB Studio space (16-235) that it uses and that it sends to TMPGEnc.

This has worked for years with TMPGEnc 2.5, so I can't imagine it would have been removed in 4.0.

So where is it hiding?

Thanks.

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-09-13 05:58:49 ( ID:eo3aljutoxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic163667.html

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.