Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 177 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TME3 No audio playing mpegs in powerpoint Al 0 2009-09-01 21:56:31
Question TE40 AVCHD 50i mzagozda 3 2009-09-02 02:01:27
Question TDA3 delay hightlighted buttons on menu chrisrobbins 1 2009-10-27 17:31:32
Question TAW4 TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 didn't work win xp mark66 6 2009-08-31 23:00:35
Question TAW4 Audio adjustment- please advise... Smurfy boy 2 2009-08-31 17:17:42
Question TAW4 Will it import FLV directly? Smurfy boy 4 2014-11-28 12:59:30
Question TE40 Incorrect Aspect Ratio of DV clips danimal 1 2009-08-31 20:21:40
Question TAW4 Audio in loop not working maonstad 5 2009-08-31 20:27:11
Question TAW4 What do the transistions do? janlafata 4 2009-08-27 18:45:03
Question TE40 Instructions converting from mkv to dvd Louie 1 2009-08-26 04:42:28
Bug report TE40 invalid sample error MathewLisett 0 2009-08-25 01:50:54
Question TAW4 Changing thumbnails to text janlafata 5 2009-08-27 18:19:08

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 177 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TME3 - No audio playing mpegs in powerpoint No.61183
Al  2009-09-01 21:56:31 ( ID:dtpdqshe2v. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone help ? The resulting mpegs from TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 play fine in powerpoint visually - but theres no sound. Its driving me nuts ! Any suggestions ? Thanks !

Question - TE40 - AVCHD 50i No.59031
mzagozda  Home )  2009-08-31 23:46:22 ( ID:atdufqnp78o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using Sony handycam, in AVCHD 50i mode. I'm getting a bit desperate with setting the correct input/output settings.

Curently the best combination is:

INPUT:
Clip properties:
Display Mode: Interlace,
Field Order: Bottom field firts,
Aspect Ratio: Pixel 1:1 (square)
Framerate: 50 fps

Filter properties:
Deinterlace always (double framerate)
Deinterlace method: Inverse pulldown

OUTPUT:

MPEG-4 AVC (1280 x 720) 25 fps
Level: 3.1
1 Pass Constant Bitrate 17500kb/s
Motion Search Range: 256
Detect Scene Change: On
GOP Length: 33 frames
Entropy Coding Mode: CABAC
Motion Estimation: Quarter

PROBLEM:

Motion looks "ghosty", ie. subjects moving in front of re-coded video are not as clear as on Sony AVCHD player (or Splash Player) playing .MTS files directly. Instead they leave appear with trails.

I've noticed that changing the level makes some difference (slightly better with level 3.1 than 4.1).

tkrave  2009-09-01 18:57:00 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What other settings have you tried?

My guess is that the ghosting has to do with your framerate or deinterlace settings.

Currently, you're doubling the framerate to 100fps and then outputting as 25fps. I think you should only double framerate if you're actually going to output at the higher framerate (i.e. doubling 30fps to 60fps and outputting in 60fps).

Have you tried "Deinterlace always" (without double framerate) with an interpolation method?

You might also try changing the field order.

mzagozda  Home )  2009-09-01 23:00:51 ( ID:atdufqnp78o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for that.

I've tried changing the field order as my first guess. I have tried the default deinterlace always with one method of interpolation. That didn't seem to work either. Slightly concerned about the fact that interpolation will degrade the quality of picture.

I think that it seems like I was getting the framerate wrong. Indeed, I'm doubling the framerate. What the recommended clip input settings would be for 50i mode (I assume that means my videos are 50 frames/second interlaced)?

africamarty  2009-09-02 02:01:27 ( ID:dfditwmikpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try these:

INPUT:
Clip properties:
Display Mode: Interlace.
Field Order: "upper" field first ( HD is upper fields 'NOT' lower )
Aspect Ratio: Pixel 1:1 (square)
Framerate: 25 fps ( it is 50 fields per second - but the frame rate is 25 )

Filter properties:
Deinterlace when neccessary

OUTPUT:

MPEG-4 AVC (1280 x 720) 25 fps
Level: 4.1 ( 3.1 is for SD resolutions )
1 Pass Constant Bitrate 17500kb/s
Motion Search Range: 256
Detect Scene Change: On
GOP Length: 33 frames
Entropy Coding Mode: CABAC
Motion Estimation: Quarter

Question - TDA3 - delay hightlighted buttons on menu No.60908
chrisrobbins  2009-08-30 21:32:57 ( ID:rz9rb4bzlt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using TMPEG DVD Authoring 3 and is there a way to delay the activate button for a few seconds after the title page has loaded??

What I have done is:
created a dvd title page that fades in and then the play movie and scene selection fonts fade in..I want to, AFTER the play movie and scene secletion, font has faded in to have the active frame around either of them to then press the play button

tkrave  2009-10-27 17:31:32 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is not possible and I don't believe it ever will be. So why do some commercial DVDs appear to be able to do this? Simple. Their transitions into and out of menus are video files. Usually, you can see when the video ends and the actual menu begins by a slight pause or the text will become sharper, but some DVDs hide it rather well such as the Lord of the Rings menus.

Unfortunately, DVD Author 3 (and Authoring Works 4) doesn't let you use video files to transition between menus. However, it is possible to use the first-play track as a way to transition into your menu when you first insert the DVD.

Question - TAW4 - TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 didn't work win xp No.62198
mark66  2009-08-30 18:33:08 ( ID:ilykws/fot. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 didn't work on my xp windows computer? Other computer which is vista version works well. Program don't start all in xp windows computer.

Chris  2009-08-31 12:38:31 ( ID:zjd2v5k8ejo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mine stopped work as well..Been using this for a year and now it stopped working on my XP..Went back to Version 3.

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-08-31 17:16:51 ( ID:cwi0fjykkbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

very simple, do a reinstall of your os its seems to eb the main reason this happens.

i bet you when you do a fresh install of your os the software will work again.

mark66  2009-08-31 17:52:36 ( ID:ilykws/fot. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I doubt that because same problem performer three different xp computer. Let me know if os reinstall however aid.

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-08-31 19:34:06 ( ID:cwi0fjykkbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well ive had the issue when software starts to mess up or not work, so after doing a chkdsk function and unistall and reinstall of the said software if it still doesn't work right, i normally format and do a fresh os install

works a treat and also allows you to sort your system out to how you wish it to be.

mark66  2009-08-31 21:19:58 ( ID:ilykws/fot. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are probably right. Os reinstall lead to large number software install. Therefore i evade thus alternative. I wonder...how is possibly that three different computer was similar out of order?! Thank you good advice!

Markku

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-08-31 23:00:35 ( ID:cwi0fjykkbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i bet you that the other system havent had a fresh install in quite a while.

and how many progs on your system do you actually use?

Question - TAW4 - Audio adjustment- please advise... No.62195
Smurfy boy  2009-08-29 21:23:44 ( ID:stkfyy.g/ym )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When some of my clips are too loud, how do I adjust the volume of them? I found the audio filter and lowered the percentage but there is no different in volume when I play it back. If the difference will only be there after I burn the disk, then I can't really check to see if the volume is acceptable. Same with Normalization. How can I make and hear a difference before I output the project?
Thanks in advance,

Mário  2009-08-30 16:31:45 ( ID:mct8vinu/in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Reduce the % a LOT...I never used it to lower the sound, only to increase, and I have to put 250% or 300% UP to have a good normal sound level (using 5.1 to render of course) for a normal downloaded AVI movie...so I think you must try to reduce 50% or even less to get to the point you want.By the way...you will be abble to ear the sound level change on the preview window...go back and change the % if it´s not good enough for you.

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-08-31 17:17:42 ( ID:cwi0fjykkbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when you adjust the audio look for the tab "preview" because if you go back to the normal window it wont show you the changes, but the preview will.

Question - TAW4 - Will it import FLV directly? No.62191
Smurfy boy  2009-08-29 16:44:28 ( ID:stkfyy.g/ym )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't import my FLV clips. What do I need to do?

jussi  2009-08-30 19:23:55 ( ID:ilykws/fot. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use firefox browser and install supplement Youtube Video Downloader from that link:
https://addons.mozilla.org/fi/firefox/addon/10137

Through that supplement you can save Yotube flv files with mp4 format.

jussi  2009-08-30 20:12:40 ( ID:ilykws/fot. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If flv videos are ready on your computer you can use replay converter program. Replay converter can convert video form one to other.

http://www.applian.com/replay-converter/index.php

tkrave  2009-08-31 20:24:02 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What type of FLV file is it? 4.0 XPress can only import FLV1 and FLV4.

dudelsac  2013-03-25 12:28:47 ( ID:wqzsu/9179g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If ever you are stuck for a program to view things on on your computer, then VLC Media Player plays every type of file you can every imagine, as for a converter I use AppGeeker, can't go wrong there.
http://www.ilikemall.com/how-to/convert-flv-to-mov-mac.html

Question - TE40 - Incorrect Aspect Ratio of DV clips No.59029
danimal  2009-08-29 15:26:35 ( ID:enusq4tnr5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a Canon DV camcoder which records in a 720X480 widescreen format. The native ratio after capture is (1.5). When I Add the clips to the express 4, it automatically sets the aspect ratio of each clip to 4:3, and to get the correct aspect I have to manually set it to pixel 40:33. Everything from there encodes great, but since I like to capture with scene detect and have a tape split into multiple clips, when I convert for projects, I may have to manually adjust the aspect ratio for a hundred clips as each one to the project. Is there a way to automate setting the aspect ratio for all the clips at once?

tkrave  2009-08-31 20:21:40 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you're gonna have to change the aspect ratio one by one.

I was thinking you might be able to do it through your output format settings, but that will only add black bars to the sides if the clip properties are still set to 4:3.

Question - TAW4 - Audio in loop not working No.62185
maonstad  2009-08-27 20:18:39 ( ID:cyygwqasi6k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm in the creating menu's and I want the screen to loop the video and audio. (Motion Menu). So far the video loops with no problems but when I select the video + audio, there is no audio. It defaults to 15 secs look in the menu setting (which is set to use local settings instead of global settings) and i set the Motion Menu with video + audio to 45 secs.

Am I missing something here, since the beginning of the movie has audio? (there is audio since you can play the movie and then audio is present.)

Maybe someone can help me here.... I maybe overlooking something....

Thanks for whatever help you can give me...

tkrave  2009-08-27 23:48:03 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to set your BGM to play the audio from the video you are using for the motion menu. By default, it expects you to use some other audio file.

To do this, go the Menu Item Editor for your background and select the "BGM audio selection" tab.
Then just check the box for "Use audio from the background source".

Screenshot:
http://i31.tinypic.com/5jxm6u.png

maonstad  2009-08-28 01:09:17 ( ID:cyygwqasi6k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I've tried using that but comes back with an error. Something about not finding a source or something..

Quote: 'Cannot use the same Source for the Audio and the Video Background because there is no audio data in the source'.

Not sure what to do here...?.?.?

what do you do for this error???

tkrave  2009-08-28 18:21:58 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What kind of source file is it? If it's an MPEG, you can demux the audio and then just load the audio as a separate file by using the Demultiplexer in the Start Stage-->Advanced Tools-->MPEG Tools.

I haven't run into that error so I'm not sure what the cause could be.

maonstad  2009-08-29 02:35:33 ( ID:cyygwqasi6k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is actually a dvd recording off of Directv. I record them onto DVD-RW's and then put it on my computer to strip out the commercials. (I like SCY-FY, so I record a lot of the movies.) I also have other uses (like from my Movie Camera)and make DVD's out of pictures "slideshow", but this is the main use. I would think if you can loop the video, the audio should be no different. The files on the DVD-RW are standard VOB files and TAW4 works great for it.

Does this make sense?

Now are you saying that I would have to strip out the audio out of the first 45 seconds of the movie and incorporate it into a file for use???

Thanks for responding....

tkrave  2009-08-31 20:27:11 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, basically you separate the audio from the video, creating an audio file. You should then be able to load the audio file as your background music in your motion menu.

Usually you don't have to do this if you using the audio from your background video, but since you're getting that error, this method might work.

Question - TAW4 - What do the transistions do? No.62180
janlafata  2009-08-27 02:24:47 ( ID:3vr5f9sweuo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I see how in TMPGEnc there is an option where you can use a transition effect. It seemed like there were a lot of them to pick from so I just picked something that I'm familiar with, a fade and set it for about 7 seconds, but I never saw the fade in action. What is it supposed to be fading, and/or what are any of the other transition effects supposed to do?

Also...dumb question but I have to ask...How do you pronounce TMPGEnc?

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-08-27 06:33:44 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/te4xp.html#tabs

is all it says.

to which means there bugga all to tell, which for an effect of the software im amazed that it doesn't say what it is or does.

tkrave  2009-08-27 18:18:16 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wrong link? That's for 4.0 XPress.

Transitions for Authoring Works is mentioned here:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw4_new.html

Transitions appear between clips in your track. So if you choose a fade out, it will fade out of the selected clip and into the next. You can preview the transition in the Transition Editor window or in the Simulation stage.

http://i26.tinypic.com/9fmtc8.png

I pronounce TMPGEnc as Tee-Em-Pee-Gee-Enk, or I just spell out the entire thing. It comes from Tsunami MPeG Encoder.

tkrave  2009-08-27 18:36:47 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way, transitions can only be applied to the end of clips, but there is a way to add a transition such as a fade-in to the beginning of the first clip.

First you'll need to create a clip composed of a solid color.
To do this, just go to the Source Wizard and select the last option, "From a color matte or pattern".
Set the color (or pattern or picture) and duration then click OK.

Drag the color clip to the beginning if necessary. You can then apply a transition to this clip to create a fade-in effect into your first real clip.

tkrave  2009-08-27 18:45:03 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One more tip:

If you want to add a transition between scenes within a clip, you'll first have to split that clip into two clips.

You can do so with the Split clip function in the Clip Editor. Once in the clip editor, just navigate to the point you want to split the clip and click the split clip button (looks like this: &larr;|&rarr; ).

Once you've made two clips from your clip, you can add a transition between them as usual.

Question - TE40 - Instructions converting from mkv to dvd No.59027
Louie  2009-08-26 02:29:26 ( ID:h/6rrupms6g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone point to instructions on doing mkv to dvd or mpeg 2 conversions? Thank you in advance.

Louie

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-08-26 04:42:28 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just add the file into the dvd authoring software of tmpgenc and itll do it

Bug report - TE40 - invalid sample error No.59026
MathewLisett  Home )  2009-08-25 01:50:54 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this always happens when you go past 106 cuts

no matter how long the file is , if its 107 it will fail to finish the project. and this seems to happen with all versions .

Question - TAW4 - Changing thumbnails to text No.62174
janlafata  2009-08-24 03:07:05 ( ID:3vr5f9sweuo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I click on the tracks button in the main menu, it opens up another window and there are the thumbnail's for whatever file(s) I have in there. How do I get rid of the thumbnails and just have text?

tkrave  2009-08-24 19:07:39 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you using the pre-installed templates?

If so, create a custom menu instead and then you can select text-only menus.

janlafata  2009-08-25 21:45:57 ( ID:3vr5f9sweuo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had been using the custom menu's but must have missed the step or option that allows me to select text-only menu's. Do you recall exactly at what point in the options that comes up?

tkrave  2009-08-25 23:49:54 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's the area in the Menu Wizard where you select the layout of the top and track menus, button sets, frames and background.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2nrnbbl.png

In this example, I selected a layout with two thumbnails for the top menu, and 4 text items for the track menu. For each thumbnail layout, there is a corresponding text-only layout.

janlafata  2009-08-26 01:48:16 ( ID:3vr5f9sweuo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That'll work! Thanks for going to all of that trouble to make a screenshot for me!

tkrave  2009-08-27 18:19:08 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No problem at all! Glad I could help!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.