Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 182 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE40 TMPGENC 4 Retail cannot open a .mpg, but Free Trial can ? bubblebig 2 2009-07-25 02:36:05
Question TE40 questión for bitrate javipe 0 2009-07-20 07:40:41
Question TE25 Invalid Install Davio 1 2009-07-25 02:28:05
Question TME3 URGENT: PAL Progressive to NTSC Interlace brainiac 1 2009-07-23 18:31:24
Question TE40 Spursengine - Capabilities/Limitations VolkerOth 3 2009-07-25 08:55:24
Question TAW4 Mr Eric 1 2009-07-16 18:51:32
Question TAW4 AVCHD to Blu-ray mboufleur 1 2009-07-16 18:31:27
Question TME2 Wrong Speed Audio Eski 0 2009-07-15 16:38:32
Question TE40 H.264 HD encoding: best encoder settings ? benoitm 5 2009-08-23 08:38:15
Question TE40 Preference: CUDA or Toshiba the hardware decoder? Ottudali 3 2009-07-15 15:33:27
Request TAW4 Need support more 2 languages Ottudali 0 2009-07-13 19:00:07
Question TE40 tmpgenc4 spurs engine (functions that should be implemented in an update) Martin Wichtmann 1 2009-07-14 10:20:01

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 182 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE40 - TMPGENC 4 Retail cannot open a .mpg, but Free Trial can ? No.58958
bubblebig  2009-07-21 16:04:20 ( ID:b72/xdlwc3a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a .mpg file I want to convert to WMV using TMPGEnc 4 Express.
I downloaded the trial version and it works well.
I purchase the Retail version and it doesn't anymore, it tells me the file cannot be opened.

Any idea ?

bubblebig  2009-07-21 16:17:29 ( ID:b72/xdlwc3a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way, versions are:
TE4XP_Trial_4.7.1.284_setup_en.exe (works in opening a .mpg)
and
TE4XP_Retail_4.7.1.284_setup_en.exe (don't work in opening a .mpg)

also the Trial version gives me 2 warnings (GEForce CUDA something as well as SPursEngine not available)
the Retail only gives me one (the SpursEngine wasn't shown).

Thanks again...

tkrave  2009-07-25 02:36:05 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Contact their email support, hopefully they'll be able to help you:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

The trial includes the trial for the SpursEngine Plug-in, but for the retail version, it is not included; you have to buy the SpursEngine Plug-in separately. That's why you don't get the warning in the retail version.

Question - TE40 - questión for bitrate No.58957
javipe  2009-07-20 07:40:41 ( ID:11y4ube/uuf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all, help please
How can I calculate the bitrate when you compress to divx?

For example, I have an mkv, the video bitrate is 9000 kbs, nominal bitrate 9500, how can I know that when the bitrate should compress to divx?
thank you very much

----------------------------------------------------------------------

HOLA a todos, ayuda por favor,
¿como puedo calcular el bitrate cuando comprimo a divx ?

por ejemplo, tengo un mkv, el video tiene bitrate 9.000 kbs, bitrate nominal 9.500, ¿como puedo saber que bitrate debe tener cuando la comprimo a divx?
muchas gracias

Question - TE25 - Invalid Install No.43740
Davio  2009-07-19 18:10:53 ( ID:881udasmkyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I accidently downloaed TMPFEnc 2.5 Plus, installed, and then the unit expired. I uninstalled and tried to install the free version. However, I keep getting and invalid install, please install again. Any advise on uninstalling the original version? TIA

tkrave  2009-07-25 02:28:05 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try re-downloading the free version installer; maybe it was corrupted somehow.

Question - TME3 - URGENT: PAL Progressive to NTSC Interlace No.61176
brainiac  2009-07-18 06:56:00 ( ID:nmxn7xtbeq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bought TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 earlier today. I captured a TV show using a PC capture card. MPEG2 video is PAL Progressive, I would like the output file as MPEG2 NTSC Interlace before I burn this to a DVD-R. I can't find the setting to change this video setting. I'm really disappointed. Can't TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 do this? Is this a software bug? If not, I want my refund. All I'd like to do is simply remove the commercials, and output as MPEG2 NTSC Interlace before burning. Which program can make this output? Please help, thank you.

tkrave  2009-07-23 18:31:24 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can change it to NTSC in the Format Stage under Video Settings-->Aspect ratio.

However, I don't think you can change it from progressive to interlace since that would require re-encoding the whole video...and MPEG Editor 3 is not an encoder; it's only an editor.

Question - TE40 - Spursengine - Capabilities/Limitations No.58953
VolkerOth  2009-07-16 11:49:57 ( ID:q/1a8bvaqsr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since my aged Athlon X2 needs > 13 hours to transcode a Full HD h.264/VC1 stream to PAL MPG2 with VBR/2passes, I considered buying a Spursengine card (Leadtek) and the TmpgEnc Plugin. However some reports here and there indicate that the encoder settings are somewhat limited when using the Spursengine plugin and also the resulting quality is worse. It also looks suspicious that the CPUs used for comparison are low end to mid range and that the test settings always include additional filters. Besides only numbers for CBR encoding are given and there's no word about limitations or quality issues.
So in a nutshell:

1) How many frames per second will the Spursegine plugin approximately reach for transcoding Full HD h.264/VC1 streams to PAL MPG2 with VBR (1 pass and 2 passes) and high quality settings?
2) Is the quality comparable to that reached by the CPU encoder with the same (or if not possible: high) settings?
3) Is 2 pass VBR encoding possible at all with the Spursengine plugin?
4) Can the motion prediction settings be influenced with the plugin and if not: which is a comparable (quality wise) setting for the CPU encoder?
5) Is scaling done by the Spursengine or the CPU? If it's done by the Spursengine: are all scaling filters (e.g. Lanczos) available?

tkrave  2009-07-21 18:18:59 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry can't answer all your questions because but I know that SpursEngine is only capable of 1 pass encoding. If you prefer quality over speed, then you will need to use CPU encoding.
Scaling is done by SpursEngine when you are upscaling SD to HD using the Super Resolution function. I believe it's a proprietary scaling filter that you can't change.

Keep in mind that these are not limitations of the plug-in, but of the SpursEngine hardware itself. Any computer or software that uses SpursEngine will have the same limitations.

tkrave  2009-07-22 01:48:09 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't know why I didn't think of this before...just go to the specs page for the SpursEngine Plug-In:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/te4xp_spurs_spec.html

It lists all the available output settings for SpursEngine encoding.

VolkerOth  2009-07-25 08:55:24 ( ID:q/1a8bvaqsr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply. Anyway, I decided to update my system to a Core i7-920 (@3.15GHz) in the meantime and now the conversion flies. It's a speedup of at least factor 5-6 compared to my X2 4200+ with the same quality settings.
I didn't do a fair comparison with exactly the same stream, but my last conversion of an h.264 Full-HD movie to MPGEG2 PAL needed only 1h30min with 2-pass VBR and "high" motion prediction setting.

Admittedly, the update was about 600€ while the Spursengine + Plugin would have been around 230€ I think, but I figure the value for the money is still much higher even if the general system speedup (+increased RAM size) due to the upgrade and the lesser quality settings of the Spursengine are ignored.

Indeed I can barely remember a performance boost of this dimension in any of my last harware upgrades. I guess the only one to come close was that from a 486-33 to a P90 back in the old days.

Question - TAW4 - Mr No.62134
Eric  2009-07-15 21:02:16 ( ID:b72/xdlwc3a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I’m looking for a way to create a very simple DVD project with bilingual audio.
There are no subtitles or chapters.
I have MPEG2 file and two audio tracks in two different languages.
On the menu I just want to have two options “French” and “English”
So how do I trigger different audio options with the same video file.
Is there some templates available for this task?
Thank you
Eric

tkrave  2009-07-16 18:51:32 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can add or change the audio for your video on the clip properties screen (shown when you first import a video or by going to the clip editor).

http://i29.tinypic.com/w9za1l.png

Just select "Multi-audio" and you'll be able to select your two audio tracks.

You may also have to adjust the audio encoding mode and stream format. To do this, go to the track menu settings(1), click on the audio tab (2), and change the Encoder mode and Audio stream format (3).

http://i30.tinypic.com/a3if5e.png

For your menu, you'll have to have at least a track menu page to access the audio selection page. Just make sure to choose "Track menu only" when creating your menu via the menu wizard.

Question - TAW4 - AVCHD to Blu-ray No.62132
mboufleur  2009-07-15 21:01:55 ( ID:zh3bqdcm8jo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I currently own TMPGenc XPress and TMPGEnc MPEG Editor, and for a specific project, I downloaded TMPGEnc Authoring Works.

The purpose of this project is to grab a couple of AVCHD files that were recorded using Sony Handycam cameras (HDR-X100 and HDR-X500), and create Blu-ray discs (BD-R media) without messing with the video itself.
Unfortunately, I don't have the cameras right now, and I forgot to copy the entire folder structure, so I only have the MTS files, and that's what I'm using so far.

In TAU, I'm able to import these files and create a working project and burn it to BD-R media, but the resulting files are always transcoded to MPEG-2.

Is this a limitation of TAU? Does the Blu-ray authoring process only finalizes with MPEG-2 content, or maybe I can change something to be able to use my files without transcoding (re-multiplexing, maybe)?

tkrave  2009-07-16 18:31:27 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Unfortunately, as of now Authoring Works 4 can only encode BD's in MPEG-2. I think we are all hoping they add h.264 BD output soon.

Question - TME2 - Wrong Speed Audio No.56107
Eski  2009-07-15 16:38:32 ( ID:nmgpoybtifm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I saved a movie to DV after using Windows Movie Maker (WMM) to add titles. The resulting avi, whether I use WMM or Pixella to download it from the camcorder has audio at a significantly slower speed than the video when played by TMPGenc 4.0 XPress (4.2.3.193) on the clip screens, on the encode preview, and on the final encode ac3.

When I play said downloaded movie in WMM, it plays fine, and WMP plays it fine. Using TMPGenc, the movie played fine, prior to adding the WMM titles.

What do I have to do to adjust TMPGenc or do I have to fix the file?

Thanx,
Eski

Question - TE40 - H.264 HD encoding: best encoder settings ? No.58947
benoitm  2009-07-15 08:13:51 ( ID:k.t6u.5hlbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The video I need to convert is either 1920 * 1080 interlaced (from a AVCHD camcorder) or 1440 * 1080 interlaced (from HDV camcorder).

I want to achieve very high quality at about 12 Mbps.

I would expect H.264 to be the best format (best quality, future-proof standard); however I am a bit frustrated of my results so far compared with WMV9 Advanced Profile (VC1) at the same bitrate ! My perception is that while VC1 gives a somewhat softer image compared to H.264, it does a better job at keeping the details of blurred backgrounds or areas with low contrast ! Yes: for me with full HD at 12 Mbps, H.264 looks somewhat crisper/sharper on foregrounds and contrasted objects, but shows more artefacts (blocky patterns, loss of detail) in the shades and soft backgrounds, and this makes the image globally a bit less appealing to me.
I use H.264 with default settings, except 2 B-frames and CABAC.

I guess I can improve that by fine-tuning some encoder settings, but I find the TMPGEnc Xpress 4 help files lacking good info.

Any suggestions to achieve the best results with interlaced HD video with H.264 (and prove me that it is equivalent or better than VC1) ?

Martin Wichtmann  2009-07-15 13:49:28 ( ID:dfditwmikpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

are you using spurs engine h.264 or the normal h.264 in tmpgenc4 ?? But for HD either 1920 or 1440 by 1080. i use 16Mb/s H.264 and the results are fantastic, i think you should just up your bitrate a little try 16MB/s and you'll be fine. for 720p i use 8MB to 11. But then again i like a very clean/crisp image.

benoitm  2009-07-16 11:38:34 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There must be something fundamentally wrong with the settings I use, or the setup, because at 12 Mbps, the same clip looks very good with VC-1 and "awful" with MP4 AVC (using the built-in TMPGEnc Xpress 4 encoder i.e. Mainconcept); when I say awful, I mean the kind of result I would expect from a 6 Mbps bitrate, not 12 !
And there seems to be a consensus on the Internet to say that H.264 (AVC) should be equal or better than VC-1 at any bitrate.

Will try a test with X264 and see what I get from that.

benoitm  2009-07-16 11:43:03 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As a side note, I have the same difference (in favour of VC-1) with SD material at lower bitrates (1 - 2 Mbps): MP4 AVC looks somewhat sharper for contrasted foregound objects, but really awfully blocky for textured/blurry backgrounds and degrades. Strange b/c the general feedback is that H.264 is less prone to blocking artefacts than VC-1 in the same circumstances....

benoitm  2009-08-21 16:30:47 ( ID:ahjqbbysfec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Anymore ideas ?

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-08-23 08:38:15 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would encode to hd mpeg2 with high hl i think it is, vbr adjust to 800000 on both high and medium, encode to that and then use meguis features.

which allows you to use the mkv settings, which i would go avc auto 3 pass 5.1 level and you can select the siz of file to use.

Question - TE40 - Preference: CUDA or Toshiba the hardware decoder? No.58943
Ottudali  2009-07-14 20:13:00 ( ID:dndf7bei6s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The preference have options - CUDA
- Use the hardware video decoder?

If I have plugin SPURS ENGINE? - On or off CUDA decoder option?

Thanks

macchia  2009-07-15 12:28:01 ( ID:7uhndttshmr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I now you have Firecoder blu (based on spurs engine). For normal dvd pal (sd) bit rate 3000 kb/s is good? The quality of image in normal tv color, not plasma not lcd, is good like a commercial dvd?

Thank you

Martin Wichtmann  2009-07-15 13:46:27 ( ID:dfditwmikpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i would only have the cuda option on if you are actually using it ( and you only use cuda for filter options, like sharpening,resizing, ect ) if you are simply encoding i would turn it off as it can make your encode slower. i turn it off and use the spurs plugin by its self.

Ottudali  2009-07-15 15:33:27 ( ID:lrlgfw2zfkg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

macchia,

I don't work with bitrate < 8000.

Martin Wichtmann

Thanks

BEST Regards

Request - TAW4 - Need support more 2 languages No.62131
Ottudali  2009-07-13 19:00:07 ( ID:5ahacixove. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Need support more 2 languages

THANKS

Question - TE40 - tmpgenc4 spurs engine (functions that should be implemented in an update) No.58941
Martin Wichtmann  2009-07-13 14:31:59 ( ID:dfditwmikpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using tmpgenc4 w/ spurs engine but there are some settings i would love to have that include :

*2 pass variable bit rate ( with spurs hardware mpeg2/avc H.264 encoding)

*2 pass constant bit rate ( with spurs hardware mpeg2/avc H.264 encoding)

*The ability to set any resolution, and not just choose from the avaliable resolutions

*Better quality when using lower bitrates. Encoding SD video using avc H.264 hardware encoding is unacceptable under 5Mb/s [using avc at low bitrates is why h.264 is a chosen codec]. (Although this may be greatly imporoved if the 2pass constant/variable bitrate was implemented using 2-3 Mb/s).

*the abiliy to output avc H.264 hardware encoding with different audio formats not just AAC eg: dolby digital(AC3),uncompress audio(PCM), MP3... ect

*when exporting as Mpeg2 hardware encoding NTSC dvd the ability to export as 3:2 pulldown playback. So 23.976p is played back as 29.97i

*Motion search precision fucntion to be implemented into with spurs hardware mpeg2/avc H.264 encoding

If any of these are in an update, i'm sure more people with buy this product and those who have it like me will get ALOT more out of it.

Regards Martin Wichtmann (africanmarty@hotmail.com).

Martin Wichtmann  2009-07-14 10:20:01 ( ID:dfditwmikpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i recieved a reply ( i sent this same message to the tmpgecn people ) and it reads :

"Unfortunately this is not possible with the current hardware implementation of the SpursEngine. All the settings currently available are what the SpursEngine processor is capable of and since it is a wiredsystem it is not possible to disgress. Maybe a future implementation will provide a more flexible approach into encoding but for now this is all we have."

So its not looking good for any updates soon.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.