Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 839 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 No Sound or Music epmusa 1 2002-06-07 22:11:19
Bug report TE25 Tmpgenc won't FrameServ VirtualDub southk 2 2002-06-07 18:27:37
Question TE25 subs Tranceman 0 2002-06-07 16:53:22
Question TE25 File D:...mpa_39.mpa can not be opened LustyLovers 2 2002-07-11 09:28:25
Free talk TE25 Interesting templates allow 2hrs on 1x 80min CD ASHY 5 2002-06-15 00:10:33
Question TE25 command line leo 1 2002-06-07 11:38:49
Question TE25 Creating Interlaced video ABS 4 2002-06-07 18:00:21
Question TE25 MPEG Tools Error: buffer underflow Hero 4 2002-06-07 22:05:33
Question TE25 Force Picture Type Setting roman_modin 5 2002-06-09 19:43:47
Question TE25 jerry jerry 2 2002-06-07 14:44:39
Question TE25 TMPGEnc has generated errors ... Jack Spratt 1 2002-06-09 01:42:21
Question TE25 Manual VBR Andrew B 1 2002-06-07 08:28:58

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 839 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - No Sound or Music No.22908
epmusa  2002-06-07 17:48:11 ( ID:wl.4rzb6hch )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a mpeg2 720x480, 29.97 fs file produced by VideoWave 4.0 encoded it with TMPGENC, video worked but no sound coming out. Please help.

Minion  2002-06-07 22:11:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There a few reasons that your audio would not work ,the most common is that your audio track is of a format that is not supported by "tmpgenc",try extracting the audio to a "wav" file with "virtual dub" and use that as you audio source......

Bug report - TE25 - Tmpgenc won't FrameServ VirtualDub No.22905
southk  2002-06-07 17:23:02 ( ID:sfvncijuflh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cant get Tmpgenc to Frameserv with VirtualDUB. Ive gone up and down www.vcdhelp.com and still no results. Tmpgenc freezes everytime I try to frameserv to it, then I have to "ctrl+alt+del" to get out.

I've done everything installed the VFAPI pluggin so tmpgenc can accept *.vdr files, Set the enviromental settings, even tired differnt version of Tmpgenc v2.51- 2.54a and VirtualDub 1.4.7 -1.4.10 (installed frameserv handlers) all with no success. I believe Tmpgenc doesnt frameserv.

Correct me if Im wrong.

ASHY  2002-06-07 18:20:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG frameserves fine here, looks like you've tried everything it seems, so don't really know what the problem is.

Give this a go. Go to Options>enviromental setting>VFAPI plugin and uncheck everything except the 'AVI VFW compatibility reader' and raise it's priority to 2.

If that doesn't work maybe it's the movie itself that you are framserving. Have you tried to frameseve a different movie, maybe try just a small sample and see what happens, because I remember having a similar problem with a movie a long time ago and it was the movie not TMPG.

If not, what is it you are using Virtualdub to frameserve for? As I may have an alternative for you.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-06-07 18:27:37 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another good way of testing whether the frameserver is working or not, is to start the frameserver and instead of trying to open the framserver file with TMPG, start up another instance of Virtualdub and try and open the framesever file with that.
If it works ok you know it's TMPG related. If it doesn't it means the frameserver isn't set up correctly.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - subs No.22904
Tranceman  2002-06-07 16:53:22 ( ID:fvjijmttp1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have a question about getting subtitles into my vcd movie.
I us virtual dub and tmpgenc tot add the subs. I use frameserver in v.dub and than create the movie with tmpgenc. Only if i do that i get some strange pink blur in the movie, and when i dont put subtitles in the movie the movie is normal. I know about the enviromental settings in Tmpgenc and how tot get the blur out of a movie, but i dont know how to get it out with subtitles.

Sorry fot the bad englisch.

greetings JW

Question - TE25 - File D:...mpa_39.mpa can not be opened No.22901
LustyLovers  2002-06-07 16:21:36 ( ID:zu9huexikrh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This has been happening quite a bit lately. We use VirtualDub to separate the .wav file from the .avi. We then use TMPGENC and use the .avi as the video source, and the .wav as the audio source. We first see "creating temporal wave file" and it works through to 100%. TooLame then begins in a DOS window and we see the following: "Parsing wave file header, 44.1Hz sampling frequency selected, input file D:/...mpa_38.wav, ouptput file d:/...mpa_39.mpa. After a bit of processing we get "TooLame has generated errors; File d/...mpa_30.mpa can not be opened" and tmpgenc closes. Are we doing something wrong or is there just a problem with the film so we cannot convert it. We are trying to convert .avi to .mpg so we can create VCD's. Any ideas or suggestions?? Thanks in advance.....

Minion  2002-06-07 21:59:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems that there is either an error in your "wav" file or there is something wrong with "toolame", try useing a different audio encoder like "scmpx" ,or the default encoder that is built in "tmpgenc", When i have problems like this I sometimes use "db power amp" to encode the wav to "mp2" then multiplex the audio with the video..This is a long shot but try raising the priority of the "wav file reader" in the "vfapi plugins"

Martin Kokes  2002-07-11 09:28:25 ( ID:iabs1ad70a2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>This has been happening quite a bit lately. We use VirtualDub to separate the .wav file from the .avi. We then use TMPGENC and use the .avi as the video source, and the .wav as the audio source. We first see "creating temporal wave file" and it works through to 100%. TooLame then begins in a DOS window and we see the following: "Parsing wave file header, 44.1Hz sampling frequency selected, input file D:/...mpa_38.wav, ouptput file d:/...mpa_39.mpa. After a bit of processing we get "TooLame has generated errors; File d/...mpa_30.mpa can not be opened" and tmpgenc closes. Are we doing something wrong or is there just a problem with the film so we cannot convert it. We are trying to convert .avi to .mpg so we can create VCD's. Any ideas or suggestions?? Thanks in advance.....

Try another toolame compile:
http://www.macdvd.org/trnsz/Compiles/TooLAME-0.2i-Win32.zip - this should be a most stable.

Free talk - TE25 - Interesting templates allow 2hrs on 1x 80min CD No.22895
ASHY  2002-06-07 14:42:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thought everybody may like to take a look at these very interesting templates which claim to able to fit 120 mins of high quality video on to an 80min cd.

I must say I have done a small test with these templates and the rsults are suprisingly good.

Check 'em out here: http://www.kvcd.net

ASHY

M.Bastian  2002-06-07 20:11:56 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmmm,

at the first impression the quality seems not that appealing. I tried around with the first minute of Starship Troopers which is rather bitrate intensive.
The best I can get with the templates is 11 MB/min for kvcd and 13MB/min for the kvcdx2 template. Since CQ is used in the Templates I also tried the kvcd template on an calm 1 minute scene which came out 9 MB/min. So even on an 90 Min CD-R this is 'only' 100 Minutes at max
Quality was subjectively worse than my encoding of the movie with 2Pass VBR 800/1350/1750 VCD and a test with CQ 800/1750 Quality 85 VCD

Btw.: I didnt change the templates to 2 Pass VBR since this only makes sense on long scenes or better full movies cause 2Pass will check the whole movie and then allocates the bitrate on that result. 2Pass VBR WILL force the average bitrate so if you use the source range to encode an short scene with lots of action the quality of that scene can be worse than encoding the whole movie.
Well, I have to do more tests when I get time but I recon the VBV buffer size needs a change with the new GOP structure, definitely for the kvcdx2 templates.

M.Bastian  2002-06-07 20:35:22 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Update:

I forgot something to say. Since the movie was squashed I did my tests with Full Screen. While reading the Forum at kvcd.net I realized why I got so high MB/mins
Quote from kwag:
----
Full screen videos have more visible pixels than a wide screen 16:9 ( with black bars ).
That's why the file size is larger.
The templates work best with 16:9 videos.
With full screen, you might get 90 minutes or so in a 80 minute CD-R.
----

Silly me.

ASHY  2002-06-07 21:55:15 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The test I did came out fine. Got around 6.5mb/min and the quality was fine. Not much evidence of blockiness. I preferred the kvcdx2 templates these seem to have the best quality regarding file size.

I think these templates are pretty good. I mean 2 hrs on one CD, thats quite an achievment and the quality is better than you would expect.
I gonna do some further tests with these templates and raise the bitrate to see what would happen with a shorter movie of say 90mins.

ASHY

M.Bastian  2002-06-07 22:11:47 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry,

seems I got fooled by my Mpeg Player(xine) which maybe didnt like the GOP Structure.
I played it with another player on my Windows Box and burned it on CD-RW. The picture quality is very good. Unfortunately my Yamakawa 715 wont play mpeg1 streams with to high bitrates. The kvcdx2 sample was a mess on my player :(
With the kvcd I get some audio and video glitches here and there too *sigh*

kwag  Home )  2002-06-15 00:10:33 ( ID:j/nkgn2ynzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Thought everybody may like to take a look at these very interesting templates which claim to able to fit 120 mins of high quality video on to an 80min cd.
>
>I must say I have done a small test with these templates and the rsults are suprisingly good.
>
>Check 'em out here: http://www.kvcd.net
>
>ASHY

Thanks for trying it out Ashy.
I'm Glad you liked them! :)

kwag
http://www.kvcd.net

Question - TE25 - command line No.22893
leo  Home )  2002-06-07 11:18:43 ( ID:nsjoiqfbkaa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to command tmpgenc in windows whith dos command lines such scmpx for example(ex, to encode: c: mpgenc mpgenc -e 1000)
excuse me for my pitiful english, but I'm french

ffast  2002-06-07 11:38:49 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Only "TMPGEnc Server" may provide such feature..., but I do not know when
it will be released.

Question - TE25 - Creating Interlaced video No.22888
ABS  Home )  2002-06-07 10:18:13 ( ID:kzvseesqza2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I have a video in PAL (720x576) which I saved in order to clean in a graphic program, at 720x288 with 50fps (Using the 'Even-Odd field' deinterlace option).

It was great in making the progressive mpeg, but the problem is that I can't get the progressive 50fps back into interlaced 25fps. Anyone has any idea how one can do that?

Thanks

Minion  2002-06-07 11:09:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe your problem is that 25fps is pal and is progressive and you cant make 50fps interlaced into 25fps interlaced because 25fps is progressive or maybe you can but it don"t think it is consistant with pal specs,but you can turn a 25fps progressive into a 29.97 interlaced,but i could be totally wrong ,"Ashy" is the pro when it comes to "Pal" and changeing frame rates,all the stuff I do is interlaced.....

ASHY  2002-06-07 11:46:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Was it really necessary to de-interlace before loading into your graphic program? It's not usually necessary to de-interlace PAL sources as you don't normally get the interlacing artifacts you see with NTSC sources.

How do you mean you can't return it to an interlaced 25 fps source? Simply encode to MPEG2 then change the framerate to 25 fps. If what you are saying is that you can't alter the settings then just click the 'unlock.mcf' template inside your templates folder and the settings will unlock.

ASHY

ABS  Home )  2002-06-07 16:52:12 ( ID:kzvseesqza2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I needed it in order to use a special dirt removal from an old film. The thing is that they transfered it to PAL in 24fps, so every 12 freams or so, you have one frame repeating on 3 fields. So you have 12 frames that are normal, and then 13 freams that have interlace artifacts. Tried keeping it at 25fps and doing deinterlace of both fields, but then I'd have 12frames of good quality and 13 that are fuzzy.

Thing is, when I set it to 25fps, it simply takes every second frame off the 50fps, and doesn't combine the two progressive frames into one interlaced...

I have high demands, don't I? ;-)

ABS

ASHY  2002-06-07 18:00:21 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I see. I have had the misfortune of converting one of those movies too and they are a bitch to convert, even worse than NTSC movies. You just end up with a jerky movie no matter what you do to it. Either that or you put up with the interlacing artifacts, you just can win.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - MPEG Tools Error: buffer underflow No.22883
Hero  2002-06-07 09:42:34 ( ID:ql4r2wpi/m2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Test

Hero  2002-06-07 09:48:01 ( ID:ql4r2wpi/m2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry for "Test"

My problem: I want to convert SVCD in VCD. By my friend go this fine in this way:

Open MPEG Tools select Type: Video-CD and select Input-File (SVCD) and select output-file. It works by my friend.
Then I want to do the same on my computer. It runs to 50 or 60% then came the following requester: 246845 s packets cause buffer underflow. The MPEG file might cause error when it played. The size of the outputfile is also 50 oder 60% from the original-SVCD-file.
What is wrong?

Sorry for my bad english

Minion  2002-06-07 10:56:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you useing the "multiplex"?if you are try the "merge & cut" ,load your file in the "Merge & Cut"and choose the "mpeg1-video-cd"and your output file then click run.I will do the same thing as the multiplex(attach vcd headers)but shouldn"t give you "buffer under flow" errors...

Hero  2002-06-07 11:18:13 ( ID:ql4r2wpi/m2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No Errors!!! great!!! But could it be: the SVCD file is 730MB and the VCD ist 330MB.
My film have 3 SVCDs. If the result from all SVCD ist 330MB can I put two files on one VCD. Must I put together the files for my DVD-player? How?

Minion  2002-06-07 22:05:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you can merge the files in "merge and cut" and you can load the 2 parts as seperate tracks on your cd-r without joining them, that is wierd that the file shrunk so much when you used the merge and cut to put on the headers,there must have been lots of padding in the svcd file....

Question - TE25 - Force Picture Type Setting No.22877
roman_modin  2002-06-07 06:35:29 ( ID:npkbay9e7ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to load the tmpgenctemplate.txt file provided by IfoEdit, TMPGEnc completely hangs up!

I am running XP, AMD XP 1900+, 512 SDRAM
Thank you.

Minion  2002-06-07 08:22:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are you trying to do with this "txt" file?I"m no expert but I"m pretty sure that "txt" files just have typed information on them.And I"m pretty sure that "tmpgenc" does not have any sort of compatibility with "ifoedit"..The template files have a "mfc" extention so it this file is supposed to be some sort of template maybe try re nameing it to a mfc file..but I have never heard of tmpgenc being used with ifoedit in that way...but maybe someone else know what you are talking about....

ASHY  2002-06-07 12:02:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to wait. It seems like it's freezing. It takes quite a while for it to be loaded, at least a good few minutes. Go and have a coffee and be patient.

ASHY

Paul  2002-06-08 15:05:44 ( ID:cosg728adko )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, first thank you for the help in adjusting the TMPG wizard so that the video would encode when I went from avi to mpeg. Now regarding these templates... (if we were standing face to face, mine would probably be red due to my ignorance, but here goes....)
At KVCD site I clicked on templates... I got a screenful of proramming code, starting with:
object TMPEGConfigFile
MPEG.Text = ''
MPEG.WizardCategoryName = ''
MPEG.WizardSubFormatName = ''
MPEG.WizardCaption = ''

and so on until it stops... Not what I expected!!!! I'm used to clicking on buttons and having small programs do their thing automatically. I am guessing that I am supposed to copy and paste this code somewhere... is that correct? and, if so, what do I open and how do I insert it?
Thanks for your time...

Paul  2002-06-08 18:42:27 ( ID:cosg728adko )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

STOP!!!
I figured it out... opened up the template, used edit and inserted the KVCD code. Worked ok.
Thanks for being here!

ASHY  2002-06-09 19:43:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just use 'save target as' and rename the file KVCD.mcf otherwiae it downloads as a text file.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - jerry No.22874
jerry  2002-06-07 06:25:24 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

using cut and merge tor yhe first time. cut the last five min. of a movie formatted to vcd,took the unformatted version cut the five min. and and multiplexed it to prepare for vcd rewrite, however there was no sound the video merged fine after reformating to vcd. Am I leaving out a step?

ASHY  2002-06-07 12:08:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is this happening on your PC or just your DVD player?

ASHY

jerry  2002-06-07 14:44:39 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this is happening on my pc. I sownloaded virtual dub , but havent figured out haow to merge the videoand audio

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc has generated errors ... No.22872
Jack Spratt  2002-06-07 01:40:27 ( ID:tpx9pxmegy2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"TMPGEnc has generated errors and will be closed by Windows"

I get this when I try to open a PAL video which I'd like to convert to NTSC VCD-compliant. Any ideas?

Jack Spratt  2002-06-09 01:42:21 ( ID:tpx9pxmegy2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Llama.

Question - TE25 - Manual VBR No.22870
Andrew B  2002-06-07 00:31:34 ( ID:blltgxxntq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am editing a video, and I am confused with the Manual VBR option. What do the I's B's and P's and everything else mean. I need to know a lot of stuff, so a link to a web site with this stuff would be nice.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Minion  2002-06-07 08:28:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"i,b,and p frames are the types of frames that make up your movie ,and these frames are orginized in "gop"s :group of pictures with something like 12 to 18 frames in each gop, or something like that ..There are detailed explanations of these terms and how mpeg"s and movies are made made up and other interesting stuff at "www.vcdhelp.com" .......

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.