Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 69 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW5 BBS Shows up as SR but still encodes anyway ? BlizzardUK 2 2013-05-10 02:00:47
Request TAW4 clip addition box ed1955 1 2013-05-10 02:32:15
Question TVMW5 BBS Only 25 to 30% CPU usage Blizzarduk 2 2013-06-15 20:45:37
Question TVMW5 BBS Trial installation crashes renlute 1 2013-06-02 12:07:41
Question TMSR4 DVD conversion into any file without re-encoding Petr_J 1 2013-05-22 09:50:37
Question TAW5 BBS Making subtitles on by default Tomas Eklund 2 2013-05-07 13:50:36
Question TAW5 BBS Display Subtitles page item on top menu Tomas Eklund 2 2013-05-07 13:39:05
Question TVMW5 BBS Where to buy SPURS engine supported Cards today (2013) ? Michael 3 2013-05-16 13:58:19
Question TVMW5 BBS converting data dvd's to regular dvd's Extemporized1 1 2013-04-30 05:12:32
Question TAW4 End track going back to menu - highlighting first track? GDizzle 1 2013-04-24 08:01:05
Question TAW5 BBS Menu Video Clip loop Rapeterson 7 2013-05-11 13:52:41
Question TVMW5 BBS How to check & change video/audio levels amituofo1818 0 2013-04-22 02:54:16

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 69 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW5 BBS - Shows up as SR but still encodes anyway ? No.67566
BlizzardUK  2013-05-08 04:27:31 ( ID:8l//1xjzpnf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using the latest version of Authoring Works 5 and I am importing blu-ray ready titles, copied from the Stream folder of blu-ray discs I have previously made myself (no copy protection or regions). The files show up as blue SR for smart render, but when I go to author it still re-encodes them anyway, and I have the setting to "use smart render" in the options of each track.

So what is the reason for this ? Very frustrating as I have 12 discs to author all in HD content and was hoping it would SR the lot, but now it will take 4 hours per disc rather than minutes.

Anything I can do to find out why this is happening ?

Thanks.

BlizzardUK  2013-05-08 04:54:41 ( ID:8l//1xjzpnf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just an update, seems the clock and % was wrong, it said it will take 4 hours but took 50 minutes. What seems to be happening is it is re-encoding selected videos, not all of them, but I am unsure why. Each disc has 4 shows, so on both discs I have done so far it has re-encoded 1 show per disc. Very odd.

tkrave  2013-05-10 02:00:47 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are there any differences between the clips that are being re-encoded vs. the smart rendered ones? Are all your shows in the same track or separate tracks? If they are all in the same track, put them in separate tracks.

Request - TAW4 - clip addition box No.67562
ed1955  2013-05-07 08:33:13 ( ID:qp9iwkbkslr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>does anybody know how to shrink this box. when get to this stage the buttons >to ok the clip addition is below the task bar and can not be reached. have >tried pulling in the edges but the whole box moves. I hope somebody can help.

tkrave  2013-05-10 02:32:15 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Increase your screen resolution. Minimum screen resolution is 1024x768 as stated in the system requirements.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Only 25 to 30% CPU usage No.67555
Blizzarduk  2013-05-05 12:37:54 ( ID:8l//1xjzpnf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using the latest version of Mastering Works 5 and trying to encode in to DVD MPG2 format. For some reason it is not going above 30% for CPU usage, staying mainly around 25%. I reset my PC thinking it was at fault so I got a fresh start with nothing else loaded, but same happens. I can't encode 2 files at once in the batch encode list because it says I am using the AC3 Digital Encoder already.

Why is it going so slow ? I have a i7 PC so was hoping for lightning quick speeds on the encode, this is no faster than my old PC, it is wasting 70% of my CPU.

rafale  2013-05-12 14:34:31 ( ID:z4qfz5mi4m2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

good morning did you use intel quicksync or Nvidia cuda ?

I have a i7 and he doesn't work more than 30% the rest of the work was made by my GPU You can this that in encoding , line status (CPU= xx%, CUDA= xx%)

Alkermes  2013-06-15 20:45:37 ( ID:l8l.we3au/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also very important are the HD... Is your HD is not faster, your CPU and graphic card wait to him. You can to use RAID 0 HD or SSD.

I use 2 SSD. Decoding from first SSD and Encoding to second SSD. By this way I can recode until 4 video files at time without problems.

For example, encode 4 video files (DVD quality and about 60 min. each video) to 4 video files MPEG4 AVC (720x480 Progresive and bitrate 4000) in 11 min 40 seg ;-)

Regards, Alkermes.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Trial installation crashes No.67554
renlute  2013-05-05 09:19:00 ( ID:lg4dhefyd56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to install TMPGEnc VMW 5, trial version. But twice it crashed. This is an ominous portent. OS= Windows 7. Is there a special trick to this?

andythebeagle  2013-06-02 12:07:41 ( ID:hhugbaateiw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just did the install of the trial on a Win7x64 with out a hitch. Now it's see how it does the job.

Question - TMSR4 - DVD conversion into any file without re-encoding No.67553
Petr_J  Home )  2013-05-05 07:53:10 ( ID:fpoq7dcy4mh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to copy DVD files on Hard Disc without any re-encoding (loosing quality), but keeping all sount-tracks. When I read DVDs in the menu (DVD/Blue Ray input) with temporary storage on HDD, then it offers me MPEG-Transport stream or MPEG-Program stream (Format menu) and the video is re-encoded (change of orginal qality - red bar in Analyses). I also tried to read the temporary files from HDD *.dvddata - then no re-encoding apeears (no red bars in analyses) - then the file is shorter than in the first scenario.

I am confuced - what is correct way to copy HDD without re-encoding to HDD? In any format (*.MPG, *.TS, *.PS, ...).

Thnaks ...

smartfinder77  2013-05-22 09:50:37 ( ID:qdm08jb1tfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

-DVDShrink for full streams (uncheck vob 1GB), choice chapter in-out
-TSmuxer for render VOB to M2TS all streams
-Edit with TMSR4 (Audio DTS No compatible)

Question - TAW5 BBS - Making subtitles on by default No.67549
Tomas Eklund  2013-05-04 04:56:50 ( ID:5ebxypb29h6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there any way to create a DVD in TAW5 which will display the subtitles by default?

I still want users to be able to disable the subtitles, but I'm worried that a lot of non-technical people will just put the DVD into the player and press Play, without going to the subtitles menu to activate the subtitles. (Most people watching this particular DVD will want to have subtitles enabled.)

tkrave  2013-05-04 09:26:55 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can set the default subtitle stream in the track settings.

From the Source stage, click on the "Settings" button for a track.
Click on the "Subtitle" tab.
Choose the subtitle stream you want to show by default or set to none.

You can still turn them off via the menu or subtitle button on your DVD remote.

Tomas Eklund  2013-05-07 13:50:36 ( ID:3qd96les73. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks again tkrave.

Question - TAW5 BBS - Display Subtitles page item on top menu No.67548
Tomas Eklund  2013-05-04 04:40:17 ( ID:5ebxypb29h6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have now spent several hours trying to get the "subtitles page item" (the link to the page where you select subtitle) to display on the top menu, but with no luck.

I have created a project with 6 tracks, and various number of chapters on each track. I have only been able to display the "subtitles page item" on the track menus, but that means you can't select subtitles if you want to just pop the DVD in and watch the entire film from start to end.

Am I missing something obvious? (Or have Pegasys?)

tkrave  2013-05-04 09:22:09 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a limitation of the software. In TAW5, there isn't a "global" subtitle page. Since each track can have their own set of subtitles, I think they felt that each track should have their own subtitles menu page instead of a single one that sets the subtitle language for all tracks (like on commercial dvds).

Tomas Eklund  2013-05-07 13:39:05 ( ID:3qd96les73. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks tkrave.

Not sure if anyone at Pegasys will ever read this, but if you do please consider this a feature request. It would have been quite nice to have this option.

For this particular project I could work around it by re-authoring the project into not using tracks at all, instead using only chapters.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Where to buy SPURS engine supported Cards today (2013) ? No.67545
Michael  2013-05-03 17:50:36 ( ID:walfbsocval )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hallo from germany !

i had buyed a few days before the spurs engine plug in for TAW5.

i have a cuda-based card in my pc.
but thats not the card, that is supported by your spurs engine, i had found out.

now i want to buy a spurs-engine supported card, but NOTHING to find !!
it seems, that this few cards are not any longer made.
it seems, that they exist around 2008-2010 and were then out of print.

so it seems, that i had payed a few bucks FOR NOTHING ???
why you offer a software, that is useful for nothing ?

Where i can BUY a spurs-engine supported card (in germany) ?
which actual cards support the spurs-engine ?
Does this (older) cards work under win 7 or 8 32/64 ?
do drivers exist ?

i hope, i get really good answers, that bring me forward...?!?

greets from germ sends
michael

tkrave  2013-05-04 02:30:50 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As you now know, CUDA and SpursEngine are not the same thing.

SpursEngine cards are not made anymore as far as I know, but I assume people still own spursengine devices, so I'm assuming that is why they still sell the plugin.

You might want to try ebay or something if you want to buy one.

I had a spursengine card a while ago and it worked fine on Windows 7.

Michael  2013-05-04 20:34:41 ( ID:rgrrirpq.ih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can i have all modell types, that support the spurs engine ?

can i encode blu-ray videos and avchd with same speed with cuda ?

smartfinder77  Home )  2013-05-16 13:58:19 ( ID:qdm08jb1tfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The best reviews for spursengine :3

http://www.cdrlabs.com/Reviews/leadtek-winfast-pxvc1100-mpeg-2h264-transcoding-card.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/leadtek-winfast-pxvc1100,2523.html

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1072372/spursengine-pcie-card

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/309030-Does-the-SpursEngine-devices-IE-Leadtek-s-WinFast-PxVC1100-work-good

http://kettya.com/review/dynabook_f50w/spursengine.htm

C2D E8400, DDR2 800 4GB, P5N7A-VM, mGPU GF9300 "nvidia~ION" WIN7+XP_SP3
TAW5+TVMW5+SPEP [ONLY SPURSENGINE ENCODER] -NO DECODER- MEME_JACKIE-CHAN

CUDA+SPE= SPEED, OK ~1:1
CPU+SPE=ITS NOT BAD 1,5:1
CPU+X264= BEST, BORED 4~6:1

REQUEST DECODER FOR SPURSENGINE IN PREVIEW (TAW5+TVMW5+TMS+TMSR4)
SPEP_DEC+SPEP_ENC = BEST SUPER RESOLUTION, BEST ENCODER HARDWARE,
NO MORE MATRIX YUV DECODER FROM "passthru" PEGASYS,
ONLY DECODER+ENCODER DIRECT PROCESS COLOR PROFILE
AND PLAYER SOFTWARE BLURAY DVD SPURSENGINE "SPEP2"
(EXAMPLE: TOSHIBA QOSMIO SPURSENGINE SOFTWARE PLAYER)

SPURSENGINE CARD NO COMPATIBLE PCI-E QPI,
ONLY FSB SOUTHBRIDGE COMPATIBLE AMD INTEL

XD

Question - TVMW5 BBS - converting data dvd's to regular dvd's No.67531
Extemporized1  2013-04-26 05:47:59 ( ID:k6tp.oqvp9o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to convert video shows that I recorded to my Tivo desktop software and burn as data dvd's which can be viewed on my pc's> I want to convert these data dvd's to a normal format I can watch on my home dvd player for viewing on my h-d tv?. My guess is I may need a plugin of some sort that will work with this software. If any of you out there in cyberspace know just what plugins I need please answer my question. All replies of a knowledgeable nature are welcome.

tkrave  2013-04-30 05:12:32 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you view these data dvd's on your pc? Do you have to use Tivo software to view it? It will all depend on what format the video is in. You can try using MediaInfo to seee what format the video stream is.

Question - TAW4 - End track going back to menu - highlighting first track? No.67520
GDizzle  2013-04-23 02:10:03 ( ID:lqf6e4nqbln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey guys

Hope you guys can help. I have two projects saved, they seem to act differently. When playing a track, and the track ends, it goes back to the menu... but the track it just played is highlighted. Great, this is how I want it...

However, another project I am working on seemingly has the same settings, but when a track finishes playing, it goes back to the menu and the first track is highlighted.

Any ideas?!

tkrave  2013-04-24 08:01:05 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't have TAW4 currently installed, but I think there is a setting in the Global Menu Settings for what is highlighted when you return to the menu, so check there.

Question - TAW5 BBS - Menu Video Clip loop No.67519
Rapeterson  2013-04-22 09:26:29 ( ID:ymwunosy5s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to have a short video clip loop when the menu is displayed - before a chapter is selected. What should I do (I now know what NOT to do!)

Thanks for any help

tkrave  2013-04-24 08:02:58 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you mean you want the menu background to be a video and it loops? Or do you mean the chapter thumbnails are videos and they loop? Or do you mean there's just a video on the menu screen separate from the chapters that loops?

rap2@email.com  2013-04-25 11:39:21 ( ID:ymwunosy5s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When the disk loads the menu page I would like a short video that I have that has a roll in effect for the title. I have made the video already, and am trying to understand how to display it as the background for the menu.. I would remove the "Title" label and the "Return" label that Authoring Works 5 normally inserts, only having the "Play" text available on top of the background.

tkrave  2013-04-26 02:12:28 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to the Global Menu settings in the Menu stage and activate motion backgrounds in the Motion Menu tab. You should also set the duration of the motion menu as the same duration of your video and make sure the loop setting is checked.

Back in the main Menu stage window, select the menu you want to edit and double-click the background. This opens the background editor and you can now set a video as the background image.

Rapeterson  2013-04-27 06:29:55 ( ID:ymwunosy5s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I’ve done as you stated and in the Menu Item Edit the preview playback works perfectly; however, when I return to the main menu and use the Simulation tab I only receive the audio portion of the clip – no video. What am I missing?

Rapeterson  2013-04-27 06:38:03 ( ID:ymwunosy5s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Forgot to mention..the background displays the opening frame of the video, but the video does not play.

Rapeterson  2013-04-27 14:12:07 ( ID:ymwunosy5s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PROBLEM SOLVED!! Actually I had done it right all along. What I didn't see in the Help section was that for the Simulation to show the actual background video playing is that you have to click on the "Motion" tab in the control panel. Sorry for the bother.. Now I have a back ground that "unrolls" across the screen revealing the label as it unrolls, complete with the audio accentuating the effect. Looks great (of course I'm biased)..

TmpgEncUser  2013-05-11 13:52:41 ( ID:f01b.mr5052 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The video play if in the BGM audioselection TAB is cecked "use audio from the background source"

Question - TVMW5 BBS - How to check & change video/audio levels No.67516
amituofo1818  2013-04-22 02:54:16 ( ID:ptczeb58sqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

The TV station I am submitting my content to said my video & audio levels are out of their acceptable range. I need to make my video level under 100 IRE and my audio level between -12 db & -24 db.

1. How do I check the video & audio level on my file?
2. How do I modify the video/audio level if it is out of range?

I am doing this as volunteer work for a small non-profit that doesn't have the budget to buy any additional software, so I need to use other software can you please suggest any freeware available online that I can use to view/modify the levels if Video Mastering Works 5 can't do it?

Thank you!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.