Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 79 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TMSR4 DirectX 9 (Direct3d 9) Graphics device dave_socal 3 2012-11-25 04:49:32
Bug report TMSR4 Input String Invalid Format greglip 1 2012-10-27 08:35:55
Free talk TMSR4 TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 is Available NOW! Development team 1 2012-10-27 00:36:12
Question TAW5 BBS Dolby Input Problems bulletwar 0 2012-10-24 04:57:14
Question TVMW5 BBS Display size rap2 0 2012-10-21 03:08:47
Question TAW5 BBS Error Code during output vvfilms 0 2012-10-20 13:31:59
Question TAW4 The struggles of building a standard DVD menu St. Elmo's Oxygen 0 2012-10-19 13:32:39
Question TAW5 BBS Audio files in the Trial version simulator Susan the Newbie 2 2012-10-19 02:03:19
Question TVMW5 BBS Can I convert just Audio (pass through vid) from MKV to MP4 Gene Lati 1 2012-10-16 02:16:52
Question TVMW5 BBS License validation problems cwong 0 2012-10-12 04:52:09
Free talk TE25 try it koi 0 2012-10-09 17:31:51
Question TVMW5 BBS can selective subtitles be Bold or different color etc kimberley 1 2012-12-16 04:21:24

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 79 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TMSR4 - DirectX 9 (Direct3d 9) Graphics device No.66939
dave_socal  2012-10-28 15:01:12 ( ID:pk8ltt7jtmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tried installing the TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 trial but get
this error message:

Cannot use the 3D transition function. . .
please install DirectX 9 (Direct3d 9) Graphics device with DirectX End-user runtimes (June 2010 or later).

My video card is an NVIDIA GT240 (CUDA 3.1) and it already has DirectX 10.1.
I can't believe that I need to downgrade DirectX in order to use this software.

TMPGE tech support please advise.

Thx

tkrave  2012-11-03 08:13:35 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have the DirectX End-user runtimes?

Moonshadow  2012-11-14 06:07:30 ( ID:jfqp5at1x16 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I ran into this until I removed the entry from Virtu MVP (Z77 motherboard feature), uninstalled and then reinstalled the Smart Renderer 4 software with reboots between every step. It was working at first then stopped and I had to do the above.

dave_socal  2012-11-25 04:49:32 ( ID:pk8ltt7jtmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Do you have the DirectX End-user runtimes?
>

I installed the End-User runtimes and was able to get Smart Renderer to install.
But now my TMPGEnc Video Master Works 5 app is crashing.

Don't know if it is End-User runtines or TMPGEnc Smart Renderer 4
that ias causing TVMW5 to crash.

Bug report - TMSR4 - Input String Invalid Format No.66936
greglip  2012-10-27 05:54:33 ( ID:kx6cvy6ojbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When trying to open installed TMPGEncMPEGSR4 in Polish version Windows XP and W7 program displays message:
"Nieprawidlowy format ciagu wejsciowego" ("Input String Invalid Format")
and turns off.

I had to change the regional settings from Polish to US and then everything went fine.

Please correct this in the final version - I want to buy this software.

Thanks a lot

tkrave  2012-10-27 08:35:55 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is an updated installer that should fix the issue:

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tmsr4.html#downloadTrial

Free talk - TMSR4 - TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 is Available NOW! No.66930
Development team  Home )  2012-10-25 12:08:32 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The successor to the popular TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 is here, which is completely Rebuilt With H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Smart Rendering Plus Other New Features!

TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 allows users to import a wide variety of MPEG file formats and container types, then losslessly edit the files at the frame-level for fast, precise and high-quality output. Besides standard MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video, container formats such as TS, MKV, FLV and MOV are also supported. DVD-Video, Blu-ray and AVCHD video files can also be easily imported with the help of an import wizard. Audio-wise, MP2, MP3, AC3 (Dolby Digital), EC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), WAV, AAC, HE-AAC, and FLAC formats can be imported.

The greatest innovation is the new Smart Rendering engine. Smart Rendering allows MPEG video to be edited, split, and joined with minimal re-encoding at output. This results in extremely fast output and little to no quality loss since unedited parts of the video are not changed in any way.

The included cut editor is built with editing HD videos in mind; users can easily customize the interface to allow better viewing of HD video. Editing controls and panels can be minimized or resized, and the video preview can be zoomed-in and scrollable so every detail can be seen, even on the smallest monitors.

Editing features include the ability to cut out unwanted portions of a video clip, split a clip into multiple clips, add keyframes, create transition effects and apply audio filters.

Other features include input and Smart Rendering support for the popular GoPro HD (HERO/HERO2) and Contour video cameras, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC encoding using the world-renowned x264 encoder, Blu-ray BDAV authoring, and much more.

Notable New Features:
Input-related

MP4, TS, MKV, FLV and MOV container support for H.264/MPEG-4 encoded video.
MKV container support for MPEG-2 and H.264 video.
Rescue function that allows importing a mix of different video formats and sizes. *Rescue files will be re-encoded.
Auto mode automatically determines how much of the video can be smart rendered depending on the input file.
Import Blu-ray or AVCHD video files by title (VC-1 format not supported).
MPEG-2 TS analysis function identifies multi-stream video such as mixed-resolution video streams.
Supports input of up to 8 audio streams.
Target Indicator allows you to check possible output formats in advance.
Instant Quick Preview allows you to check a video's contents without opening the clip editor.
Dolby Digital Plus audio support. *Dobly Digital Plus audio will be treated (or processed) as Dolby Digital audio by the program.

Editing related

Undo/Redo option in almost all editing windows.
Integrates our advanced Intuitive Draw Technology for fast preview rendering. CUDA decoder / Intel Media decoder compatible.
Improved preview screen allows full-screen preview, zoom, position and other settings perfect for viewing and examining HD material.
Minimize editing controls that you don't need.
Increased detail and editability for the Clip Information panel.
Add audio streams and select between various configurations. *Up to 8 audio streams can be added.
Batch cut feature for multiple selections.
Display scaling adjusts the button sizes to the display size of the edit screen.
Add and edit text overlays.
Add monochromatic clips.
Add transition effects, including 3D transitions.

Output related:

Supports H.264/MPEG-4 AVC smart rendering.
Supports smart rendering of AAC audio.
FLAC audio format output support
Output support for BDMV/BDAV MPEG files for Blu-ray
Supports MPEG file output for AVCHD.
Supports H.264/MPEG-4 AVC BDAV authoring.
Supports writing an Appendix for BDAV authoring.
Uses the x264 encoder for (part of) H.264/MPEG-4 AVC re-encoding.
GoPro HD (HERO/HERO2) smart rendering output support (non-standard resolutions not supported).

Other

Supports "regular output function", which allows outputting a file automatically by parameters set in advance.
Access the Start-up Launcher Tools from any stage in the main window.
Plus other new features!

See the technical specifications and system requirements at the following webpage:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tmsr4_spec.html
For more information, visit the TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 webpage:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tmsr4.html

wavelet  2012-10-27 00:36:12 ( ID:mqxoo6xdlgn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just tried out the trial version of Smart Renderer 4 on a sample MPEG2 transport stream containing high-definition DVB-S2 broadcast material (MPEG4 video plus 2 audio tracks plus 2 subtitle tracks), to see how it compares with the competing product "FameRing SmartCutter".

The program was easy to use and cut the video accurately. The only 2 issues I noticed were:

1. The program does not copy across subtitle streams. When editing MPEG transport streams, FameRing SmartCutter copies all PMTs, ESs and PCRs from source to destination. At the very least I would like to see Smart Renderer 4 copy across the subtitle streams.

2. The program renumbers the PIDs for the audio tracks and does not copy across the language identifier ("eng" or whatever). FameRing SmartCutter preserves all PID values and preserves language info in audio tracks. I don't really care about the renumbering of PIDs, but losing the language info is annoying. It can result in playback software choosing the wrong audio track.

Question - TAW5 BBS - Dolby Input Problems No.66926
bulletwar  2012-10-24 04:57:14 ( ID:dm3xdnoqnpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since a certain time a got problems to import movie files with ac3 mutlichannel audio. An audio file beginning with Dolby 2.0 and ending in 5.1 is not changed in 5.1 when cutting the part of 2.0 away. If I remember correctly this was working before. Can someone help me to get 5.1 sound output.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Display size No.66921
rap2  2012-10-21 03:08:47 ( ID:bxeyjzjobh2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I increase the display size when encoding the final file?

Question - TAW5 BBS - Error Code during output No.66920
vvfilms  2012-10-20 13:31:59 ( ID:/stisxcth0k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just purchased and downloaded Authoring works 5 and I am trying to burn an SD DVD of a 720p project. Whenever I output the program looks like it is working fine, starts to output for 30 seconds or so, I see the video on the screen and then I get an error code like this...
"An error occurred during a process (Error Code 0xFFFFDCFF)"
I have an 8 core processor, 32 gigs of ram, Windows 7 Pro and a quaddro 4000 video card.
Thank you for your help on the matter.
Joe Valenti

Question - TAW4 - The struggles of building a standard DVD menu No.66917
St. Elmo's Oxygen  2012-10-19 13:32:39 ( ID:r02exa2vt0h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am simply trying to build a basic menu that you'd find on most retail DVDs. That would mean the disc loads and you are given the options of play, set-up (audio and/or subtitles), special features, and scene selections.

If I try to do it all on the track page (with no top menu), all of the chapters appear on the first page, which defeats the purpose of having a chapters page in the first place. I have tried workarounds including creating a bunch of phony chapters and then trying to make the thumbnails tiny and delete the chapter names, thereby making the second page the actual starting point. That way I can just change the button that says "next page" to "scene selections." Of course, that creates a problem if I'm using a 16x9 menu, as you are limited to 18 items on a page. But even if I were using a 4x3 menu, I'd still have a whole bunch of pointless, tiny blank buttons that I'd have to navigate around to get to the actual buttons I want to use.

Of course a lot of this could be solved if I could create my own links within a menu page. In other words, I'd like to have custom buttons that I can link to pages within the menu, instead of relying on the choices TDA4 has already made for me. That way I could just create a top menu and link to each page, with no workarounds needed. Is this possible? All I'd need is one button that I can name and add to the title page within my single track.

Or is there a way to simply delete the thumbnails on a page? I know I can delete the text, and have no thumbnails visible, but I'd still like to see the visuals of the chapters, not compromise because of finicky software.

I'm fine with keeping the special features in the same track as the feature film so I can have all the audio and subtitle options in the same track. Of course the only foolproof way to do that is to treat the special features like extra chapters, making sure that they get their own page by choosing the correct template that corresponds number-wise to your total chapters. But is there a way to access a second audio track from a non-audio page (other than while playing the actual movie and doing it on the fly), much as a you would if there was an audio commentary listed in the special features section?

I have taken some screenshots, which you can see below, of some rather basic attempts to almost remedy the situation, though as you can see, I am always one button short.

Track page 1 with no top menu or title page.

http://s10.postimage.org/lu2y4jvon/menudamage1.jpg

Title page with no top menu.

http://s16.postimage.org/eg1ho1bxv/menudamage2.jpg

Question - TAW5 BBS - Audio files in the Trial version simulator No.66914
Susan the Newbie  Home )  2012-10-18 06:05:33 ( ID:qrkafghefqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HELP I am completely new to using this tool and am seeing if it will suit our needs for DVD authoring. ( so far it looks great) however. I am using WMV files and plan to convert them to NTSC DVD. I put up an array of 3 files and when I ran it through the simulator, I am not hearing any video. It is specifying the Audio source as the same file as the video source.

What am I doing wrong? or Does the free trial version not support audio?

Anyone? - thanks for any and all help. - Susan

Susan the Newbie  Home )  2012-10-18 06:12:01 ( ID:qrkafghefqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What I meant to say ( sorry to many hours at it ) is I am not hearing any audio.

tkrave  2012-10-19 02:03:19 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you hear the audio in other sections of the software, such as the Cut Editor? The trial does not limit audio.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Can I convert just Audio (pass through vid) from MKV to MP4 No.66877
Gene Lati  2012-10-13 06:44:10 ( ID:6akalx7zton )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need to convert the audio in an MKV to aac and just mux to MP4. Is there a way to do this without rendering the avc video?

tkrave  2012-10-16 02:16:52 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You might be able to use the demultiplexer to separate the audio. Go to Start-->Advanced Tools-->Demultiplexer.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - License validation problems No.66871
cwong  2012-10-12 04:52:09 ( ID:a108et./usm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

While I'm sympathetic to the need for the software to validate its license periodically, is there a specific schedule for when it does this? Where I work, the software is installed on kiosk computers that are meant for video editing only and should not have internet access. I have to manually connect them up to validate the software and then I disconnect them after. Is it possible to get the address of the server they dial in to? I was thinking of just leaving them connected without a gateway and then manually adding a single dns entry on the local hosts file so that the computers can only access the internet for that one thing.

Free talk - TE25 - try it No.66861
koi  2012-10-09 17:31:51 ( ID:k/dfmu0bafa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll try it if it work"""i'll ^^

Question - TVMW5 BBS - can selective subtitles be Bold or different color etc No.66842
kimberley  2012-10-07 04:48:24 ( ID:uck.xvsbavc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1) I cannot make individual subtitle lines or words in bold or colored
is it possible?
How can it be done?

2) also imported .srt files have format details such as bold or red in color do not have any effect on the outcome through TMPGenc

3)and default centering or individual centering the subtitle lines do not always necessarily center the subtitles, any solution please?

Ranma  2012-12-16 04:21:24 ( ID:jr7aqprafbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use multiavchd for your authoring. Much friendlier and will auto encode whatever files you have. Works with every subtitle format and keeps colours and annotations.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.