Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 174 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW4 No CUDA Support? Zaim 3 2009-10-02 02:36:33
Free talk TAW4 Updated to Version 4.0.6.28 tkrave 0 2009-10-01 18:48:09
Question TAW4 Error Code CW-3 Sandmanfilam 1 2009-10-01 18:21:26
Request TAW4 TAW 4 and Templates MacDidi 2 2009-10-04 15:56:15
Question TAW4 error code 0X80070070 tokyo 1 2009-10-01 14:45:00
Question TAW4 Simple Menu not so simple spike012002 5 2009-10-02 11:49:17
Question TE25 Vob Files under 1MB in size not encoding Marcus 0 2009-09-30 09:49:03
Question TE40 Blu Ray to WMV (audio choices) Siani_8 2 2009-10-25 21:55:02
Question TAW4 Burn bluray movie to dvd Hellboy. 1 2009-09-30 18:36:28
Question TE40 Forced Subtitles Aurien 5 2009-10-30 17:18:22
Question TE40 No audio in mov video LD 0 2009-09-27 13:40:08
Question TE40 Need help with PAL M DVD Ed 0 2009-09-27 04:40:47

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 174 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW4 - No CUDA Support? No.62266
Zaim  2009-10-01 22:04:45 ( ID:x48epjsr0mc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, how come CUDA isnt supported even in the latest version? CUDA support is enabled in X press, why not Authoring Works?

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-10-01 22:24:57 ( ID:medjp4.yoma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

im baffled on this myself as surely the encoding process in dvd making would be greatly improved with the added support.

as i have found myself that cuda with xpress custs a good 20-40 misn from encoding.

tkrave  2009-10-02 00:07:18 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As I understand it, CUDA support in 4.0 XPress is mainly for filter processing (deinterlacing, sharpen, color correction, etc.), not encoding.
Since Authoring Works 4 doesn't have the filter functions that 4.0 XPress has, the developers would have to start from scratch and utilize CUDA for MPEG encoding to make it worthwhile.

I'm not sure if that's really the reason, but it could be a possible reason.

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-10-02 02:36:33 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you are actually correct in this matter and its because im suffering with a cold that i totally forgot about reading cuda facts with tmpgenc.

it is the reason work doesn't deal with cuda because cuda is most effective with filters especially if you are using the video noise and multiple video adjustments.

Free talk - TAW4 - Updated to Version 4.0.6.28 No.62265
tkrave  2009-10-01 18:48:09 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Bug-fixing update.

Revision history:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/taw4_rireki.html

Question - TAW4 - Error Code CW-3 No.62263
Sandmanfilam  2009-10-01 14:36:29 ( ID:rrgikkd2vyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After getting to 98% completion with only 2m:27s left of outputting, I get the "Error Code CW-3".

I am trying to encode (if that's the proper term) two movies into DivX format to play on DivX DVD players.

Anyone know what this is? I've read a suggestion that it has to do with the Divx Author Program itself.

Here's my reference:
http://forums.divx.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=4639

As for the guy's suggestion of using the root drive, that I haven't done yet, but all my folders are set to use the same folder I specified already.

tkrave  2009-10-01 18:21:26 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This error code is exclusively a DivX error code so you may want to try the suggestion from the DivX forum.

Request - TAW4 - TAW 4 and Templates No.62260
MacDidi  2009-10-01 09:26:14 ( ID:dasv6p4/cal )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!

I use TAW (german) on Vista with the most actual patches and SPs. PC is a C2D E8500 with 4 GB RAM.

Since I use TAW I tried to install the free template-packs published by Pegasys, but every time I start the installer, a metallic grey window with no text appears and can only be killed via taskmanager. Even waiting an hour or more does not lead to an installed template-pack.

Is there any idea?

Greetings

MacDidi

tkrave  2009-10-01 18:06:56 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you installing the German template packs or the English ones? They are language-specific. You'll need to go to the German page and use the ones from there:

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/de/template/TAW40.html

If you're having trouble with those, you'll need to contact support.

MacDidi  2009-10-04 15:56:15 ( ID:wuatvo7npb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I use the german templates.

Contacting the support - lol!

I tried it months ago but never got an answer.

Question - TAW4 - error code 0X80070070 No.62258
tokyo  2009-10-01 04:32:42 ( ID:1wnwlboahio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i got error message during output process says
there is no enough space on the disk . (error code 0x80070070)
while i have enough space on the disk but and i have done many project with no problems .
i have TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4, vista business .
can anyone help solving this problem.
thanks

Sandmanfilam  2009-10-01 14:45:00 ( ID:rrgikkd2vyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's true, you don't have enough space. I've already run into this problem myself.

In your TMPGEnc Authoring program:

1.) click the "Options" button at the top right.
2.) select the "Preferences".
3.) select "Work folders" at the left of this new window that pops up.
4.) on the right, make sure the location of the "Temporary files folder" has enough space* for your project.

*If you you are creating a DVD file, then you should have twice the size as the size of the DVD you are authoring (single DVD of 4.7 GB means you need about 9 GB of free space), and if you are creating a DivX file, then you should have roughly an extra Gigabyte of space (with 4 GB file make sure your drive has total 5 GB free space.

Of course, the important thing to make sure is where your "Temporary files folder" is located, and might as well make sure where your "Output" is located, this is found in the "Work folders" as well.

Question - TAW4 - Simple Menu not so simple No.62252
spike012002  2009-09-30 11:50:22 ( ID:wfo/powcql2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to create a simple DVD menu, but can't quite get the result I want.

All I want to do is create a single menu page for two movie files with a launch button for each file. So far, so good.

However, when either movie file has played, I want the DVD to return to the menu, and not play the next movie. This is the part I can't achieve. The answer must be simple, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance,

Spike :)

tkrave  2009-09-30 18:21:47 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You just need to change the "Track playback end action".

To do this, go to the Global Menu Settings. You can access this from the Menu stage in the left-hand column.

In the General tab look under the Menu Action Settings, and you'll be able to change the Track playback end action.

tkrave  2009-09-30 18:24:00 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

BTW, this option also shows up in the Menu Wizard when you are creating your menu. It's the screen after you choose your menu composition.

spike012002  2009-10-01 11:39:14 ( ID:wfo/powcql2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the prompt reply tkrave.

I'd tried setting the track playback action you suggested before I posted the question, but I just can't get the thing to return to the menu after the first movie has played. As far as I can see, I'm doing the right thing, but it won't do what I want it to do.

I think I've spotted a problem when looking at the structure of the authored DVD. There are two movies, "The Wedding" and "The Reception" but the file structure appears like this:

VTS_01_0.VOB (the menu)
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB
VTS_01_4.VOB

It seems the two movies have been merged into one movie with a scripted chapter break between the two.

Doing the same thing with Nero produces this file structure:

VTS_TS.VOB (the menu)
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB

VTS_02_1.VOB
VTS_02_2.VOB

The two movies are kept separate, and when "The Wedding" ends it returns to the main menu.

It's so frustrating. TMPGEnc is a much better program than Nero, but for some reason I can't get it to perform this one simple task.

Thanks again for your help,

tkrave  2009-10-01 17:54:43 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are the two movies in separate tracks? It sounds like they are in the same track, so they are being treated as chapters instead of tracks.

Make sure you make two separate tracks in the Source Stage and put one clip/movie in each track.

spike012002  2009-10-02 11:49:17 ( ID:wfo/powcql2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Doh!!! I should've known it would be something simple.

Many thanks for your help tkrave.

All the best,

Question - TE25 - Vob Files under 1MB in size not encoding No.43745
Marcus  2009-09-30 09:49:03 ( ID:4xvhxrathwk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using tmpgenc 2.525 free trial.
I ripped a disc containing 100 or so individual vob files and proceeded to do a batch conversion outputting each file as seprate m2v and wav files (deinterlaced-with noise reduction.)
At the end of the process, ALL of the vobs under 1MB in size produced a 32kB m2v/ 7KB wav ; tmpgenc says conversion successful, but the m2v and wav is blank/empty. All of the other vobs above 1MB worked fine.
Perfoming a conversion not in batch mode produces the same results.
I skimmed the FAQ but im not sure how to word my query.
Anyone have any ideas?

Question - TE40 - Blu Ray to WMV (audio choices) No.59075
Siani_8  2009-09-29 19:32:01 ( ID:gmmfcyshzdj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am fairly new to the world of encoding. I have been following some guides to convert my blu rays to WMV for the pure lazy enjoyment of playback through the Vista Media Center and the Xbox 360 extender.

It seems like for the audio choice most people are recommending Windows Media Audio 10 Professional for 5.1 which upon further investigation appears to be lossy. I was wondering why this was the preference over the Audio 9 lossless for 5.1 since the xbox 360 will support lossless. Is the professional 10 lossy better quality than 9 lossless? Is there another reason for choosing the later?

Thanks in advance for any information/advice.

Siani_8  2009-09-30 21:17:55 ( ID:gmmfcyshzdj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I read the Wikipedia etc. definitions of each but I would still really like to hear a general opinion, from those who use this software to encode, on WMA 9 lossless vs. WMA 10. I'm intersted in hearing any experienced opinion on quality or any other insight as to why I might choose one over the other when encoding to WMV HD.

Thanks again

Aurien  2009-10-25 21:55:02 ( ID:jxf/k3kpzra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The biggest question is space. I've been ripping DVD's to WMV for playback on my XBox 360. I've been using WMA 10 2 Pass VBR 384kbps, 48kHz, 5.1 Channel 24 bit with a peak of 768kbps and max buffer of 4000ms. I'm not sure off hand for BluRay, but I think they use 96kHz on the audio. What ever they use you should match on the settings for your encoding.

As far as using lossless or lossy. VBR can sound exactly like the lossless version, because during the more complitacted/demanding parts the bit rate is able to increase and during less demding parts it lowers it self down. Using a VBR is greatly preferred to using a CBR. Using VBR instead of lossless greatly increases the amount of space saved on your hard drive. Which is key when you're talking about source movies that are 20GB+. As for being able to hear a difference it really depends on what you're listening to and what you're using for playback. If you've got $10,000+ worth of stereo/speakers and listening to an orchestra playback you might be able to discern some small difference. And even then it can vary by listener.

You can also always run test encodes with different settings and see which one is best.

Question - TAW4 - Burn bluray movie to dvd No.62250
Hellboy.  2009-09-28 22:49:57 ( ID:w5hau0fuujc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is posible burn a bluray movie with 1280x720 resolution to dvd?

tkrave  2009-09-30 18:36:28 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It might be possible, but since I don't have a Blu-ray burner, I can't test it. Authoring Works 4 forces you to use a blu-ray writable drive if it detects a blu-ray file structure. If you have one, you might be able to stick a DVD in it instead of a BD disc. I have a feeling it might detect what type of media is in the drive and force you to use a BD disc though.

Can anyone test this?

Question - TE40 - Forced Subtitles No.59069
Aurien  2009-09-28 01:15:43 ( ID:jxf/k3kpzra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm working on converting my DVD collection to WMV files. Thought I had everything working. My latest rip, The Da Vinci Code, I can't figure out how to get the forced subtitles to work. So at the parts where they're speaking Latin and other foreign languages you get no english subtitles. If I watch the DVD on the same computer I'm encoding with the subtitles work at those specific spots automatically. I get options for selecting subtitles, but they just enable it throughout the entire movie and not at those specific spots. Anyone know how to get the forced subtitles working?

tkrave  2009-09-28 18:11:01 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I know, all subtitles in 4.0 XPress will be forced, as in, encoded into the actual video. You'll need some pro DVD authoring software to do what you want to do I think.

Aurien  2009-09-29 00:09:00 ( ID:jxf/k3kpzra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm asking. On some DVD movies the DVD will force the subtitles on and off throughout the movie for foreign language speaking parts. I'm fine with TMPGEnc Xpress burning the subtitles into the video track, but there is no way that I can see for it to just do it during these forced on parts and not the entire movie.

From doing some Google searching about "forced subtitles" and subtitles on DVD, during foreign language portions, there seems to be three methods.
Subtitles that are already burnt into the video track.
Subtitles track that only has those foreign language portions.
Subtitle forced on and off during the movie.

The last one is the one I'm having problems with on Xpress. If I turn on the subtitle I get them throughout the entire movie. If I leave it off you miss all the foreign language parts of the movie. And there is no special subtitle track on the DVD with just those portions.

Now I downloaded a trial of DVDFab which gives you a little checkbox for only showing forced subs. So you select the subtitle track and then check "Only Show Forced Subs" and you get the results I'm looking for. Tmpgenc is a much better piece of software and I'm not really looking to spend $50 to get one feature that can be added to Xpress quite easily. I'm basically hoping the ability is already there and I'm missing it somehow or it'll be added a future patch.

tkrave  2009-09-30 18:10:25 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There's no way to only show forced subs in 4.0 XPress. If you can export one of the subtitle streams as a file, you can edit it with a subtitle or text editor. Just delete all of the subtitles except the forced ones and then import it back into 4.0 XPress.

Or you could just type in the subtitles manually.

Aurien  2009-10-22 20:17:27 ( ID:y5o7ynycnll )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Little update. I talked to the support people, who confirmed that forced subs can't be done currently. They've added it to the user feature request list. So hopefully an update will implement it soon.

siani_8  2009-10-30 17:18:22 ( ID:gmmfcyshzdj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I haven't done this with DVD so I'm not sure it works the same but this is what I do when encoding Blu ray to WMV and want to keep the forced subtitles.

1. I import the .m2ts file from the blu ray into TSmuxer(free). (Not sure about this step for DVD)
2. I demux the english subtitle streams. (Takes a couple minutes)
3. I them import the demuxed subtitle stream into Suprip(also free)
4. Then I click the auto OCR button and sometimes not all characters are recognized properly so I go through and put the corrct letters where the OCR didn't automatically select the correct character. (one I did last night took about 5 minutes on this step)
5. I then select the check mark for forced subs only and save. (creates .srt file)
6. Now when I open TMPgenc Xpress 4.0 and import my video, I then use the subtitle filter in Clip/Edit (I had to add the subtitle filter to the list of shown filters in TMPgenc as it was not shown by default) and I import my newly saved .SRT file (forced subs only)that was created with Suprip and encode to WMV.
7. Works great!

Question - TE40 - No audio in mov video No.59068
LD  2009-09-27 13:40:08 ( ID:596kovrnaja )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I add MOV video file, the audio is not import. The audio is not in edit window not yet in output file.
Video codec is avc1 and audio codec is mp4a.

Please help.

LD

Question - TE40 - Need help with PAL M DVD No.59067
Ed  2009-09-27 04:40:47 ( ID:rbcg0lquaym )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Greetings,

I need help creating a PAL M DVD, which is the standard used by Brazil, using TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress. My understanding is that PAL M has a similar a frame rate and scan line to NTSC; however, the color carrier is different.

Unfortunately, PAL M is very different from the PAL used in some countries in Europe.

Would someone be kind enough to help me configure TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress and TMPEnc DVD Author 3 with the proper settings so that I can make a working PAL M DVD?

Thanks in advance,

Ed

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.