Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 201 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE40 How do i compress mpeg-1 files? Aralox 0 2009-02-26 10:42:21
Question TAW4 Dolby Digital William Stone 7 2009-03-04 01:09:48
Question TAW4 Input file specs for blu ray Flip 2 2009-02-25 21:49:41
Question TE40 H.264 encoded MP4? marty baggen 2 2009-02-26 05:17:50
Request TAW4 Include subtitles in cut-edit & split operations Zach Bartels 2 2009-03-14 19:32:12
Question TAW4 subtitle and audio screams yang 1 2009-02-24 17:44:23
Question TE40 encoding both with cpu and gpu poprock64 0 2009-02-23 13:55:00
Request TMVS Movie Style Gavin G 3 2009-02-25 19:33:52
Question TE40 moving the moov atom cass1010 0 2009-02-22 17:32:05
Question TE40 AVI Divx 6 and multipass john907 5 2009-07-03 22:10:08
Question TAW4 GOP too long for a DVD-Video Perelka 0 2009-02-21 14:36:31
Question TE40 logo.. truemotion 2 2009-06-10 08:21:08

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 201 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE40 - How do i compress mpeg-1 files? No.58721
Aralox  Home )  2009-02-26 10:42:21 ( ID:niaxqz8u3wk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I really need help with compressing a file. when i try compressing it by bringing down the bitrate, the output video which goes for about 1.5 hours has only about 20 minutes of audio in it. why does this happen? how do i do a full compression (i only need to compress it down about 600 megs or so)
thanks in advance!
aralox

PS: if you have an answer to my question, please email me too! - pravin1992 (AT) gmail.com

Question - TAW4 - Dolby Digital No.61801
William Stone  2009-02-26 03:09:22 ( ID:jta2jmf/y6a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear Support
When I record a show in Snapstream that is in DD 5.1 and play it back with Snapstream my receiver shows Dolby Digital and sounds correct. This is a HD mpeg 2 file. If I play the file with Windows Media Player or Vista Media Center it gets decoded with the Vista codec pack and arrives at my receiver as 5.1 Multi Channel PCM. When I load it into the TMPGE editor I only get two channels? How can I make a BLU-RAY and keep the multi channel? The sample file I’m working with says in the editor it is “Dolby Digital, 48000 Hz, 5.1 ch, 2 min 51s 74, 384 kb/s “ I have tried creating a proxy editing file and going without. I have tried re importing the audio. The reason I got the software was because it stated it could do DD and Multi CH PCM. I would appreciate any help you could give.
Thanks!
Bill

tkrave  2009-02-27 01:14:59 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try looking at the track settings after you import the clip. It's possible that the default is set to encode at 2ch.

William Stone  2009-02-27 03:40:22 ( ID:jta2jmf/y6a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply but it was set to 5.1.
Bill

old-hack  2009-02-27 19:10:48 ( ID:4imlgra9b3f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Dear Support
>When I record a show in Snapstream that is in DD 5.1 and play it back with Snapstream my receiver shows Dolby Digital and sounds correct. This is a HD mpeg 2 file. If I play the file with Windows Media Player or Vista Media Center it gets decoded with the Vista codec pack and arrives at my receiver as 5.1 Multi Channel PCM. When I load it into the TMPGE editor I only get two channels? How can I make a BLU-RAY and keep the multi channel? The sample file I’m working with says in the editor it is “Dolby Digital, 48000 Hz, 5.1 ch, 2 min 51s 74, 384 kb/s “ I have tried creating a proxy editing file and going without. I have tried re importing the audio. The reason I got the software was because it stated it could do DD and Multi CH PCM. I would appreciate any help you could give.
>Thanks!
>Bill

I brought this up with a support ticket for Xpress 4.0. It may be the same case for Works 4.0.

They said "thank you for your mail. With XPress 4 you can output in DolbyDigital but in MPEG output format it will be only 2 ch as you well know.
-XPress 4 does not support to output in AC3 5.1 ch for MPEG yet, because its a matter of DolbyDigital license, we do not any information about it but by now we will send about this to user's wish list.

Best regards"

tkrave  2009-02-27 23:58:48 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Old-hack, that shouldn't be the case for Authoring Works 4 since it has the license for 5.1 Dolby Digital.

Bill, can you explain what you're doing a bit more? Are you actually outputting the file and it has 2 channels? It's a little bit confusing because you said that when you load it into the editor you only get 2 channels but your sample file says it has 5.1 channels in the editor. If you can, please explain your whole process in Authoring Works 4.

William Stone  2009-03-01 03:35:31 ( ID:jta2jmf/y6a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply!

I record a HD show with Snaptream. I load it into the editor and the editor shows the file to be DD 5.1 but when you play it from the editor it goes to the reciever as 2 ch. The same file played by Snapstream shows up at my reciever as DD 5.1.

tkrave  2009-03-02 18:46:54 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you're talking about the editor, do you mean the Clip Editing window in Authoring Works 4?

It's possible that when playing video through the editor, the audio output is 2ch. In other words, it could simply be a limitation of the clip editor.
Try outputting a small sample file to see if it plays with full 5.1 audio.

William Stone  2009-03-04 01:09:48 ( ID:jta2jmf/y6a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

RESOLVED
Good point!
I had already done as you suggested. Unfortunately I think the answer for me will be $129.95 I paid to Cyberlink for Cyberlink DVD Suite 7 Ultra. It outputs DD 5.1 from the editor and the disks I burn. I had been using TMPGE for quite a few years. I like the interface and always before got good responses from tech support. Although now I have received some great responses from this board support has not responded. I recently paid $59.95 to upgrade the product; hopefully I can get some benefit from. I defiantly did not want to spend the 129.95 but now I can say the battle is behind me except for paying off the credit card.

Thanks again!
Bill

Question - TAW4 - Input file specs for blu ray No.61798
Flip  2009-02-25 16:24:18 ( ID:ya8fhgw64or )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What input file specs are required for BluRay output. I'm coming from Liquid 7.2 and want to prepare the file format that will give best results when authored in AW4

tkrave  2009-02-25 19:16:09 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can probably follow any of these specs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#Technical_specifications

Just be aware that Authoring Works 4 can't output MPEG-4 AVC/h.264 Blu-ray video; it can only output MPEG-2 Blu-ray video.

Flip  2009-02-25 21:49:41 ( ID:ya8fhgw64or )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your help.

Question - TE40 - H.264 encoded MP4? No.58718
marty baggen  2009-02-25 14:28:45 ( ID:6mlvdxaqx9r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When encoding to an MP4, there is no option for the H.264 codec. Is this a limitation of TMPGEnc?

I have version 4.6.3.268

tkrave  2009-02-25 18:04:44 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Select "MPEG-4 AVC format" when you select MPEG-4 file output. It is the same as h.264.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC

marty baggen  2009-02-26 05:17:50 ( ID:6mlvdxaqx9r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks tkrave... I did not realize that!

Request - TAW4 - Include subtitles in cut-edit & split operations No.61795
Zach Bartels  Home )  2009-02-25 04:49:55 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you guys please come up with a way to let the cut-edit operations also include subtitles?

The way it is now, makes handling subtitles really annoying, especially when cutting and splitting clips..

If I import a single clip and the corresponding (synced) subtitle file, cut-edit operations will NOT cut subtitles along with the frames of the video and audio that were deleted. Also when you split a file, each clip gets a FULL copy of the whole subtitle stream, this also makes it annoying as you have to go back and delete subtitles that shouldn't be there..

But more to the point, if I split my subtitles manually, I still have to re-calculate the first and last spoken dialogue start times so they remain in sync - this is EXTREMELY hard to do from my attempts at trying and I often end up making 3 or 4 time corrections to the subtitle stream, in trying to get it to start at the proper time.

As the angle of Authoring Works is an all in one solution, it would only make sense from an ease of use standpoint, to have the program take care of all the math involved with cutting out appropriate subtitles when a cut is made, and splitting the subtitles when splitting a clip, and making the corresponding time corrections (since each new clip restarts at 0:00:00)

Maybe I'm missing something.. I know you can delete chapters from clip sets and the clips still register, although the chapters don't.. Is there a way to apply to import a subtitle file, and correctly edit and time it using only the first clip, out of a group of files, that I haven't thought of? (i.e split a clip into 3 parts, and control the timing and subtitles from the first clip only?)

This has become increasingly frustrated when trying to make dual-audio DivX Ultra DVD's.

eaglecrest  2009-03-02 15:45:53 ( ID:6xiv3yh/brf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Can you guys please come up with a way to let the cut-edit operations also include subtitles?
>
>The way it is now, makes handling subtitles really annoying, especially when cutting and splitting clips..
>
>If I import a single clip and the corresponding (synced) subtitle file, cut-edit operations will NOT cut subtitles along with the frames of the video and audio that were deleted. Also when you split a file, each clip gets a FULL copy of the whole subtitle stream, this also makes it annoying as you have to go back and delete subtitles that shouldn't be there..
>
>But more to the point, if I split my subtitles manually, I still have to re-calculate the first and last spoken dialogue start times so they remain in sync - this is EXTREMELY hard to do from my attempts at trying and I often end up making 3 or 4 time corrections to the subtitle stream, in trying to get it to start at the proper time.
>
>As the angle of Authoring Works is an all in one solution, it would only make sense from an ease of use standpoint, to have the program take care of all the math involved with cutting out appropriate subtitles when a cut is made, and splitting the subtitles when splitting a clip, and making the corresponding time corrections (since each new clip restarts at 0:00:00)
>
>Maybe I'm missing something.. I know you can delete chapters from clip sets and the clips still register, although the chapters don't.. Is there a way to apply to import a subtitle file, and correctly edit and time it using only the first clip, out of a group of files, that I haven't thought of? (i.e split a clip into 3 parts, and control the timing and subtitles from the first clip only?)
>
>This has become increasingly frustrated when trying to make dual-audio DivX Ultra DVD's.

Here is what I do. Before I do any splitting, I add the subtitles and let TDA write out the files. I then use those files as the final source for my project. The subtitles are now part of the video stream and you can edit and split without getting them out of sync.

-Bill

Zach Bartels  Home )  2009-03-14 19:32:12 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you know if it will keep those streams when you re-import them though? Because I ultimately like to make projects with Menus and whatnot, and I know already it doesn't recognize the second audio stream of a dual-audio source, even if outputed by TA4 and reimporting, or importing a TMPGenc Xpress 4 file.

Question - TAW4 - subtitle and audio screams No.61793
yang  2009-02-24 03:57:35 ( ID:bsqd22kaj.h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i need to author a dvd movie with 3 audio streams and 3 subtitle streams, is TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 able to do that? if not , is there any TMPGEnc products able to cater my requirements?

tkrave  2009-02-24 17:44:23 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Unfortunately, no. 2 audio and subtitle streams is the most you can do in Authoring Works 4 and no other TMPGEnc product can do more.

Question - TE40 - encoding both with cpu and gpu No.58717
poprock64  2009-02-23 13:55:00 ( ID:0jxmwcf7nom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi to all. I would just like to add that, besides cuda enabled encoding, it would be nice to have the possibility of encoding video with both cpu and gpu at full speed, without offloading cpu, in order to maximize encoding speed. I wonder if tmpgenc is going toward this mode too.

Request - TMVS - Movie Style No.61249
Gavin G  2009-02-22 21:50:22 ( ID:nw3xrlsvv9g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like Movie style or another product you make to be able to transcode:

AVCHD files from Canon and Panasonic cameras.

From 1080 p (with pulldown from canon cameras at 24p)

From 1080 p (with native progressive frames at 24p from Panasonic HMC150 cameras)

Also many are having a great time editing footage from AVCHD at 1080 from all camcorders that are now shooting this file type due to the clips being seperated in 4 gig chuncks of footage.

It would be ice if Movie style could do a straight unchanged (or pull down removal only) cut edit to say i gig clips.

Better yet, to allow input to the clips meta data (but that is a wish not a need). Sequential numbering of the output files is a must.

Also the same would be desired for Panasonic MXF files from P2 cards.
We want full raster files not the DVCproHD non-square files, so something to convert DVCproHD into an AVCHD full raster clip divided at 1 gig segments.

One gig segments allows easier editing. It is hard to edit when the computer has to manage4 gig 1080 files.

Thanks
GG

tkrave  2009-02-24 18:18:14 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you checked out TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress? It's much more geared towards editing and encoding than MovieStyle is and it can do AVCHD input. I don't know if it can do all of the things you're describing, but it is probably the type of program you are looking for. They have a trial version in case you want to try it.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/te4xp.html

Gavin G  2009-02-25 18:21:40 ( ID:nw3xrlsvv9g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress
and i does not do this.

I have about 100 users looking to buy such software that can transcode these files.

tkrave  2009-02-25 19:33:52 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Point taken, but I doubt MovieStyle will ever have cut-editing capabilities.

It is more likely that 4.0 XPress will be able to do the things you are asking for.

Question - TE40 - moving the moov atom No.58716
cass1010  Home )  2009-02-22 17:32:05 ( ID:fyntcfgnavr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone here know how to set the moov atom at the beginning of an h.264 file to enable progressive download using a flash player? I have tried qt-faststart.c but it fails when I try to run it against an enc xpress generated mp4 file. I have scoured the internet but cannot find a tool that will get it moved.

Question - TE40 - AVI Divx 6 and multipass No.58710
john907  2009-02-21 17:34:41 ( ID:xna6avj5tow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I should create an avi with Divx 6.8 codec.
I read multipass (2 pass) is better than single pass generally.
Is it possible use multipass with Divx 6.8 and TMPGEnc 4.5 Xpress?
If it’s so, could someone tell me exactly what are the right steps to do it? When I arrive to select the divx codec then I can’t setting it for 2 pass.
One pass, yes I do.

Thanks

tkrave  2009-02-23 18:10:27 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It sounds like you are using the AVI output format with the DivX 6.8 codec?

In the Format Stage, after you have selected AVI file output and DivX 6.8 as your codec, click on the "Settings..." button.

This opens a DivX Codec Properties window. Towards the bottom there is a section called "Rate control". Just select one of the "Multipass" options for rate control mode and that should do it.

john907  2009-02-24 19:02:11 ( ID:arq/lperyl6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, yes exactly, I'm using the AVI output format with the DivX 6.8 codec.

I select "Multipass, 1st pass" but after the encode I get an useless small file.

If I select "Multipass, Nth pass" directly, I get a good file but there was no double pass, just one.

Where I wrong??

Thanks

tkrave  2009-02-25 18:19:46 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmmm...you're right, it doesn't seem to do a 2nd pass with the multipass options.

You might want to use the integrated DivX encoder instead of the codec via AVI output. Select "DivX file output" instead of Avi file output in the Format stage. The integrated DivX encoder allows you to do 2 passes, and you can even do more than 2 passes in Advanced mode.

john907  2009-02-26 17:43:59 ( ID:isa9zxo/0j. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried using integrated DivX encoder, I saw, now it does multi pass but got a .divx extension file not avi file I wanted.

However if ther's no other way, thanks you to answered and helped me. Bye

NoOneImportant  2009-07-03 22:10:08 ( ID:4x1opfqn7sh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I tried using integrated DivX encoder, I saw, now it does multi pass but got a .divx extension file not avi file I wanted.
>

I know this is an old reply, but for just FYI, a .divx file is same as an .avi file. You can either change the name manually, or better, just go to the options and tell Xpress to use .avi instead. Personally, I prefer leaving it at .divx because then I know at a glance which AVI files I have processed and which are still in their original form. :)

Question - TAW4 - GOP too long for a DVD-Video No.61792
Perelka  2009-02-21 14:36:31 ( ID:1efzunv1a2l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

Warning -
"clip GOP too long for a DVD-Video"

Why ??
How Can I correct it ?

PAL DVD
Target size = 4,7 GB

MPEG-2 Video
720x576
16:9
25 fps
Interlace
Tff

VBR (2 pass)
Bitrate Max 6000
Bitrate 3000

Source -

XviD AVI
30 fps
Bitrate 1360
2 h 6 min

Question - TE40 - logo.. No.58707
truemotion  2009-02-20 21:01:35 ( ID:62pwodysl2g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Adding LOGO suppot??

LudwigHart  2009-02-25 14:28:58 ( ID:ldsgma1wuin )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not supported untiil now.
HG

Cube  2009-06-10 08:21:08 ( ID:zb.fqyxlxuo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's really weird, there is a logo support for adding the TMPGEnc logo in the trial version... It would be REALLY useful to a lot of people. Please add logo support, please.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.