Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 202 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE40 Image Sequence in different folders for LARGE conversions? Jeromie 0 2009-02-20 17:37:40
Question TE40 FLV support in TMPGenc Xpress 4.0? Jimmy Alenius 1 2009-03-16 08:30:25
Question TE40 Add noice when encoding possible? Jimmy Alenius 0 2009-02-20 15:12:47
Question TAW4 Hangs at 95% while making DVD from MKV file. dhaneshgesota 0 2009-02-19 14:57:02
Question TAW4 FLV import Perelka 2 2009-02-20 14:26:54
Bug report TAW4 Authoring Works 4 - Too many clips causes CW-6 error Zach Bartels 3 2009-02-20 14:11:47
Question TE40 TXP 4 : how to encode AVCHD ? benoitm 1 2009-02-18 18:25:23
Question TAW4 Changing Menu Link Order Scavengertype 3 2011-04-14 18:44:50
Request TMVS TMPGEnc MovieStyle can't export interlaced WMV Alexander 0 2009-02-15 19:27:13
Question TAW4 Dual Divx DVD Underling 2 2009-02-18 00:32:22
Question TE25 Question about 24p DV footage Veronica 0 2009-02-15 10:25:54
Question TE40 CUDA Encoding ?? Helps 3 2009-09-21 11:53:35

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 202 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE40 - Image Sequence in different folders for LARGE conversions? No.58706
Jeromie  2009-02-20 17:37:40 ( ID:babxfcosxgr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

im converting AVCHD footage to images sequences so it could work with adobe premier etc... i have 158 .mts files, how do i make this converter convert each image sequence in a seperate folder? i dont want everything bunched together in one folder making it unorganized and hard to find

Question - TE40 - FLV support in TMPGenc Xpress 4.0? No.58704
Jimmy Alenius  Home )  2009-02-20 15:14:38 ( ID:cjurbslt47m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi! Is there some trick to decode/encode flv files in tmpgenc xpress 4.0?

Regards / Jimmy

NoOneImportant  2009-03-16 08:30:25 ( ID:4x1opfqn7sh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You just need to install a codec pack. I recommend CCCP (http://www.cccp-project.net/). I've been using it for it for years.

Question - TE40 - Add noice when encoding possible? No.58703
Jimmy Alenius  Home )  2009-02-20 15:12:47 ( ID:cjurbslt47m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi! Sometimes when I have problem with banding in encoded material I use to add a little noice to avoid the encoder to simplify areas. I wounder if it is possible to ADD noice?

Regards / Jimmy

Question - TAW4 - Hangs at 95% while making DVD from MKV file. No.61791
dhaneshgesota  2009-02-19 14:57:02 ( ID:vxhtqhsynwf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I am facing a problem as in TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 hangs at 95% while creating a DVD from a MKV file. There is no error displayed and the program doesnt respond.

Any idea how I can identify what the issue is?

TIA
D

Question - TAW4 - FLV import No.61788
Perelka  2009-02-18 17:36:04 ( ID:1efzunv1a2l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

How Can I import FLV files to
TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4

tkrave  2009-02-18 18:21:01 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Authoring Works 4 can't import flv files. You'll have to use some other program to convert your flv files to another format that TAW4 can read.

Zach Bartels  Home )  2009-02-20 14:26:54 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Pretty sure you can use Avisynth to frame serve them to TA4.
It has a small learning curve but it is a great tool, as you can pretty much use it to load any format into any program, even if the program doesn't natively support it. Avisynth works by loading a file and then sending the decompressed frames in a raw format that most programs have no trouble understanding. It will even send audio, although it only sends the first default audio tracks if your file has multiple audio streams.

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Main_Page

It's really simple to use once you take 5 or 10 minutes to get the hang of it, and can also do processing on the files like cutting, fading, splicing together, and comes with some internal filters with tons of third party filters available as well. That makes it a great solution to doing all your work on the image without having to re-encode it in another format and lose quality multiple times. You will likely need to install something like the Combined Community Codec Pack as well, which gives you great DirectShow capabilities for loading files like FLV and other rarely supported types directly into programs like TA4, through Avisynth's DirectShow splitter.

http://www.cccp-project.net/

So let's say you install CCCP and Avisynth.. Then open Notepad (or any text editor) and type the following - DirectShowSource("path\to\file.flv")

Save it as a "file.avs" file using quotes around the filename in Notepads save file window, then load the .AVS file into Authoring Works 4, or any other video program.

Bug report - TAW4 - Authoring Works 4 - Too many clips causes CW-6 error No.61784
Zach Bartels  Home )  2009-02-16 15:45:52 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using TMPGenc Authoring Works 4 to put as many of my Anime DVD's onto 1 Disc as possible. I don't know if it has something to do with the fact I am actually "Wrapping" Xvid codec files into DivX containers (divxmux.exe manual says it accepts Xvid as input) however I suspect this is a program limitation.

I have spent countless hours over many days trying to eliminate every possibility that it is TA4 causing the problem and am convinced that it is..

Working with 25 episodes per project, if I split each episode into 3 parts (to apply fade in/out scene transitions) I will get 75 clips. It goes through the initial assembly fine (smart rendering, no encoding going on) however once the Video and Audio tracks are complete and it begins to mux the menu and files together into a DivX File I get a CW-6 error code at around 75/76% without fail every time.

The interesting thing is I can kill the audio tracks and the video comes through OK and the process completes. However if I keep the audio tracks and simply reduce the number of clips (I arbitrarily chose 11 episodes @ 33 clips) the process also completes without any errors.

Obviously reducing the number of clips per track fixes this. As does giving each episode its own track with 3 clips (the only time a 75 clip project will work) - HOWEVER I do not like the menu behavior with more than one Track. As if you hit NEXT or the Track ends, it takes you back to the menu each and every time, and not only that, it takes you to the FIRST menu page, even if you are on menu page 2,3,4,5 - etc..

I don't know if the clip limit is something that can be looked into and fixed, but I have been wondering why for a while now, you guys still haven't done something about the Menu behavior with multiple tracks in a project. I feel they should play the next track automatically just like a DVD, as the whole point of DivX Ultra is to emulate DVD menus.

Also.. TA4 (and to a lesser extent Xpress 4) still suffers from Random lockups when editing tracks. Usually during cutting operations. I have noticed in particular in TA4 if you select your cut range too fast and then hit CUT, it will almost always produce a lockup. I'm not sure if this is solely related to Avisynth served files but I think it has happened with files loaded the standard way as well.

Also if you load an MKV, be it through Avisynth, or straight from the load file prompt, it always triggers multiple instances of FFDshow's Video/Audio decoders, as well as multiple instances of VOBsub/VSfilter, etc.. This did not used to be a problem however I can't solely place the blame on TMPGenc, as it could possibly be an issue with FFDshow, or newer codec packs.

At any rate, please look into solving more of the random lockups, possibly upgrading DivX Ultra menu functionality, and fix the bug (I feel its a bug) with too many clips on one track producing the CW-6 error code.

Thanks for your time.

Zach Bartels  Home )  2009-02-16 15:54:01 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry I forgot to leave system specs (in case they help).

Intel C2D @ 2.1Ghz
8GB DDR2
Windows Vista x64 Ultimate

tkrave  2009-02-17 19:45:04 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just to comment on the DivX Ultra menu behavior, that's probably a limitation of the DivX Ultra format and not something TMPG can do anything about. Remember that TMPG has no control over the limitations of the DivX Ultra format. I'm sure they would have included it if they could since the post-track playback options are included for DVD and BD projects.

Zach Bartels  Home )  2009-02-20 14:11:47 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, you're probably right on that. It's still a nice product aside from that, and I can live with editing less clips/transitions into each episode for the time being, although since its practically the only product that can make DivX Ultra files without re-encoding, I do hope they fix the apparent clip limit bug, and work more on solving the random lockups.

Question - TE40 - TXP 4 : how to encode AVCHD ? No.58701
benoitm  2009-02-16 09:46:42 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have various HD source material (HDV,...) that I would like to playback using my Panasonic DMP BD35 BluRay player. This unit can playback BluRay discs, but also native AVCHD files on discs (DVD+/-R(W)) or SDHC flash cards.
At this time I don't have a BD burner or BD authoring program. I just want to find a cheap way to view my HDV videos on this player.

>> Can I convert my HD sources to AVCHD (.m2ts) using TXP 4 ? If yes, what are the settings for the best results (lowest bitrate for high quality)

tkrave  2009-02-18 18:25:23 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It can only import avchd footage; it can't output to avchd. Although, you can output as a .m2t file or as a Blu-ray compliant MPEG-2, so that might work for you.

Question - TAW4 - Changing Menu Link Order No.61781
Scavengertype  2009-02-15 21:05:11 ( ID:ufsr.l52azr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, anyone know how 2 change which link on a menu is highlighted 1st? Ive got about 7 links on a menu and a return link and i want to change it highlighting the return link first.

Thanks in advance

tkrave  2009-02-17 19:46:08 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think this is possible with Authoring Works 4; at least, I haven't found a way.

Wolfen  2009-03-15 10:32:28 ( ID:nbhaef2wmfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to the MENU Tab -> Link editor Tab, click on the menu items and right click on them and go to move to front until you get the items how you want to look on page(Look at the left column on bottom for the list). Now the top item will be highlighted first, next go to the Simulation tab to check that the order is the way you want it (Test It out).

Proton  2011-04-14 18:44:50 ( ID:falkvvmvqnf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just started using TAW4 (4.1.0.47) and I need to change which item is highlighted first in a menu, just as you can with DVDLab.

I tried the above suggestion with a Blu-ray track menu and set of Pop-Up menus.

Changing list order does not change the behaviour in the simulation. The same item is always highlighted first what ever order items are in the list.

(BTW, somewhat surprisingly clicking 'Move to front' moves the item to the BOTTOM of the list and 'Move to back' moves the item to the TOP of the list.)

Request - TMVS - TMPGEnc MovieStyle can't export interlaced WMV No.61248
Alexander  2009-02-15 19:27:13 ( ID:gar/pncxpto )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there,

I have a trial version of MovieStyle and I fed some AVCHD into it.
I want to prepare files as WMV for playback on Xbox 360 which is running as Mediacenter Extender.

TMPGEnc 4 Express can handle WMV 9 Advanced Profile with interlaced settings - works great! But MovieStyle cannot, sadly.

The deinterlacing is quite okay, almost acceptable, but not as good as real interlaced playback.

Thanks
Alexander

Question - TAW4 - Dual Divx DVD No.61778
Underling  2009-02-15 18:32:17 ( ID:niurw.cg35w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why can I not make a dual layer divx dvd? Why does this not support that? I initially got Authoring Works 4 because it now supports dual layer...but why not dual layer in divx? If this product cannot do this for me, what product can?

Zach Bartels  Home )  2009-02-16 15:48:12 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know of any product that can make a DivX Ultra file bigger than 4GB. I believe this is a hard limit on the DivX codec side, as I have seen this complaint discussed on their forums before.

I know it isn't a real solution, but what I plan to do is to simply split the load into two projects. Then burn both DivX Ultra files to a dual layer DVD. Once you're done watching the first set, just hit the stop button once or twice (depending on your player) and then load up the second file. You still get menu functionality in the end.

Underling  2009-02-18 00:32:22 ( ID:niurw.cg35w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I will do that too, thanks.

Question - TE25 - Question about 24p DV footage No.43736
Veronica  2009-02-15 10:25:54 ( ID:l8itw1hnxew )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

While I have found several mentions of 3:2 pulldown, and have read a number of posts about it, I am not sure how to proceed. I have some footage a friend shot using a DV AVI camera using 24f mode - but when captured using firewire, has a frame rate of 29.97. If I want to make an MPEG file with a 23.976 frame rate, I am pretty sure I should use inverse telecine on the footage - but am not sure of the proper settings in TMPG to do this. But if I want to make the footage into a regular 29.97 interlaced MPEG, do I use the reverse 3:2 pulldown? Again, not sure about the proper settings for this?

I have also read about flags marking where the pulldown is located - will TMPG pick these up, or do I have to set them manually? And if so, is there a way to know you are using the right settings by looking at the footage? I have found almost nothing explaining what to do with 24p footage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question - TE40 - CUDA Encoding ?? No.58697
Helps  2009-02-14 22:05:23 ( ID:v4nlqe7prl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will upgrading to a cuda enabled card improve h.264 to wmv conversion speeds? I read the press release claiming 446% encoding speed increases with cuda, but from what I understand that is only within specific formats. Thanks.

Helps  2009-02-14 22:07:23 ( ID:v4nlqe7prl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Edit: If it makes a difference I'm running a q9300 quad core @ 3.5 GHZ. Thanks again.

Tim  2009-02-24 21:27:58 ( ID:v4nlqe7prl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Bump, I would like to know the answer to this.

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-09-21 11:53:35 ( ID:eqr.0saonmf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well i turned my cuda off last night and the difference was over 30 mins in encoding time, so i woudl say yes and even more so in your case as mines only a verclocked q6600

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.