Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 167 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TE40 Encoding raw avi to mpg2 outputs out of sync audio & video with X-Press4.7.3.292 Bas-r 2 2009-12-11 18:02:58
Question TAW4 DVD with VCD content macnab 0 2009-12-02 03:50:11
Question TE40 TMPGEnc will not read RAM discs? the colonel 0 2009-12-01 14:21:00
Question TAW4 Adding an Audio Button? ccgoudie 3 2009-12-01 18:17:35
Question TAW4 Multi angle support julio 2 2009-12-01 14:06:34
Question TAW4 adding voice audio Janet 2 2009-11-30 19:36:17
Free talk TE40 CUDA no run in GeForce 9800 GT MAXIUM 1 2009-12-02 00:48:44
Question TAW4 Creating New Clips Lobalobo Isben 2 2017-01-21 12:58:58
Question TAW4 Reorder Clips within a Track Lobalobo Isben 1 2009-11-30 18:07:30
Question TAW4 Background sound same as 1st clip? Smurfy boy 1 2009-11-30 18:06:51
Question TE25 MP4FileLibU.dll G. Seizan Breyette 4 2010-02-15 14:50:09
Question TAW4 getting 5.1 sound into AW4? ccgoudie 1 2009-11-24 23:02:55

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 167 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TE40 - Encoding raw avi to mpg2 outputs out of sync audio & video with X-Press4.7.3.292 No.59156
Bas-r  Home )  2009-12-02 11:55:16 ( ID:ltxmz4spdh2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I work in an environment where we digitize tapes (VHS/miniDV) with Adobe Premiere CS4. This results in raw avi, type 2 files.
We encode these .avi files to mpg1 and mp2, for archival purposes, using TMPG 4.7.1.284, on Windows XP SP3 workstations. We use some templates, which can be downloaded here: www.sendspace.com/file/wlyowz
This all works perfect.

Doing an upgrade to 4.7.3.292 we experienced the following problem: the audio is out of sync with the video when you watch the file. The audio is a bit quicker than the video, between 1 and 3 seconds. This is unacceptable.

To test whether the problem is related to our windows installations, we build a new machine, put a fresh install of Windows 7 on it, Adobe Premiere for digitization, and TMPG X-Press 4.7.3.292
The problem persists. Encoding other files, doesn't seem to be a problem.

Is this a known bug? Is there a known solution?
Please give us some insight.

Bas-r  Home )  2009-12-11 13:16:35 ( ID:ltxmz4spdh2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not even a reply!
Useless support!
We'll flush those ten licenses down the drain and go for Canopus.
Thanks for the attention.

tkrave  2009-12-11 18:02:58 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As the forum index says, this isn't officially moderated and you won't receive any replies from a support employee; only other users will reply and apparently none of us can help you.

If you want a real response from TMPGEnc support, you need to fill out their support form:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

Question - TAW4 - DVD with VCD content No.62397
macnab  2009-12-02 03:50:11 ( ID:m1hqrbnlrva )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it still possible in version 4 to create a DVD where the video content is in VCD format and stays in VCD format? It worked with version 3.

Question - TE40 - TMPGEnc will not read RAM discs? No.59155
the colonel  2009-12-01 14:21:00 ( ID:4h4b1zaxn86 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All I want to do is convert some DVD-RAM material to DVD-R...

No problem I thought, download the trial version of TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress on my desktop (running Vista) to see what the conversion quality it is like.

Using the source wizard to import the clip from a DVD-RAM disc I get this error message:

Unsupported File (error code 0x80048003)

Not a good start and searching the net provides little information on this. Importing other formats on disc such as WMV works fine, the issue only appears to be with RAM.

I downloaded TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress to my laptop which is running XP and using the same disc the source wizard recognises it and imports the file, no problem.

I then check to see if it is a hardware error with my DVD-RAM drive by connecting an external drive to my desktop PC, still no go, same error meessage as above. Just to check the external drive also works with the laptop, TMPGEnc recognises the file.

On my desktop if I copy the complete 'RTAV' folder to the hard drive and using TMPGEnc I import the VRO file directly, this way it recognises it allowing me to do the conversion!

There we have it, a rather sorry state of affairs, hopefully there might be some ideas on what could be wrong?

Regards,

the colonel

Question - TAW4 - Adding an Audio Button? No.62393
ccgoudie  2009-11-30 17:06:24 ( ID:3/z0k74zo2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a simple Title page with 8 clips on one track. Each clip has
the option of either Stereo or 5.1 embedded in the clip (added with the
multi audio function). I'd like to add a couple of audio buttons to the
Title page, one to select the default 5.1 and one to select Stereo, but
I see now way to add buttons to an existing custom template. Is this possible?

Thanks,

-Craig

tkrave  2009-11-30 18:41:41 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have multiple audio sources, an audio button should automatically appear on your track page. You can't manually add an audio button; it simply checks to see if there are multiple audio tracks and then adds the audio button for that track menu.

ccgoudie  2009-12-01 16:38:39 ( ID:3/z0k74zo2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, all my clips have a 5.1 and a Stereo audio file associated (Stereo is the secondary audio file), but my simple 1 page Title page (which has all the clips
on it) does not show an audio button, nor, can I get one to appear using
the DVD menu Global Settings (there is a check mark to display Audio button on page but when I check this, it doesn't add anything to the page. Interestingly, when I go to simulate, and use the buttons associated with playing the DVD, there is an Audio button on the controller with which I can switch between the audio streams, but most DVD controllers don't have such a
button, and instead rely on an on screen button to switch back and forth.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Craig

tkrave  2009-12-01 18:17:35 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio button only seems to appear on track menus, so make sure you choose "Track menu only" or "Top and Track menu" when creating a custom menu. If you create a title page for your track menu, the audio button will show up there, otherwise it should show up in the track menus.

Question - TAW4 - Multi angle support No.62390
julio  2009-11-30 10:12:32 ( ID:dnrumflxcdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does this tool suports creation of multi angle track ?
If so i can i do that ?

Thanks

tkrave  2009-11-30 18:38:05 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, it does not support multi-angle tracks. Would be cool though.

don  2009-12-01 14:06:34 ( ID:ndk.udhccwf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

FWIW: DVD-lab Pro does, but lacks some other capabilities found in AW.

Question - TAW4 - adding voice audio No.62387
Janet  2009-11-29 22:48:07 ( ID:ygvgdppkkoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Everyone,

I do not want to use the audio made while filming. Because this is a tutorial DVD I want to voice over the actual recorded video footage itself. Can I do this within this program?

Or do I have to record my voice and then import that voice file into the program?

Thanks for your advice

Janet
New Zealand

tkrave  2009-11-30 18:35:40 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will have to record your voice-over audio track separately in some other app and then import it into Authoring Works 4.

In the clip properties window, you can select your VO track as the audio 1 source instead of the default (which should be the movie itself, and thus the original audio). With the new audio track selected, the original audio should not be present.

Janet  2009-11-30 19:36:17 ( ID:ygvgdppkkoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks. What a pain not being able to record in the same program.

Free talk - TE40 - CUDA no run in GeForce 9800 GT No.59153
MAXIUM  2009-11-29 15:38:41 ( ID:iwgfltij7nr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

CUDA no run in GeForce 9800 GT. CPU is 100% user and GPU 0%.

MathewLisett  Home )  2009-12-02 00:48:44 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the cuda will only take effect when a few filters are used.

Question - TAW4 - Creating New Clips No.62385
Lobalobo Isben  2009-11-29 14:43:27 ( ID:qslklkf7s0f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In a previous post I asked how to reorder clips, but I see now that I simply misunderstood the nature of the software. I see now how to reorder clips, but my problem is otherwise. What I want to do is divide up a single clip into multiple clips then place slide show transitions between the clips. The problem is that apparently neither "splitting" or "cutting" in the "Clip Edit" menu actually splits the clips; the most I can do is divide the clip into chapters or eliminate part of the clip (by cutting when the endpoint of the cut is the end of the clip). So the only way I can think to do what I want is to take the same clip, import it twice, cut the first half out of one and the second half out of the other then put a transition between them (because in that case TMPGEnc author will treat the clips as truly separate). There has to be an easier way. (In Windows Movie Maker, for example, all I have to do is select "split" and it's done.) Any suggestions are welcome.

tkrave  2009-11-30 18:12:31 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a split clip function in the cut-editor.

Just move the playhead to where you want to split the clip, then click the split clip button (it looks like: <-|-> ).

Then click OK.
A dialog box appears asking what you want to do. Click on "Split".

You now have two clips.

Paul Meranda  2017-01-21 12:58:58 ( ID:09sva5lrrb. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

GEEZ, THANK YOU! ive been trying to figure this out for like twenty minutes; i almost switched to a different program.. though, the more i use TMPGENC Mastering 5, the more i start to wonder (surely, like every other time) when i'll hit a snag in the editing requirements and have to revert programs AGAIN, but for now, its nice to finally have a 'one-stop-shop' program, of sorts (back when i used to edit a lot, i was converting to lossless AVI and editing strictly in VirtualDub/MOD, with audio being finalized in Cool Edit Pro- now Adobe Audition. lately, ive only been converting full videos, which i did with Handbrake, but man... this Mastering Works is.. WORKING for me, surprisingly well!)

Question - TAW4 - Reorder Clips within a Track No.62383
Lobalobo Isben  2009-11-29 13:21:52 ( ID:qslklkf7s0f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Simple question: I want to reorder clips within a track. Can't figure out how.

tkrave  2009-11-30 18:07:30 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Drag 'n drop.

In the Source stage just drag your clips up or down.

Question - TAW4 - Background sound same as 1st clip? No.62381
Smurfy boy  2009-11-28 20:42:21 ( ID:stkfyy.g/ym )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I make the background sound for my title page actually be the same sound that is on the motion clip showing? (the first 30 seconds of the movie)

tkrave  2009-11-30 18:06:51 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the Menu Editor, double-click the background to open the Menu Item editor for the background.
Select the "BGM Audio Selection" tab.
Check the box next to "Use audio from the background source".

Question - TE25 - MP4FileLibU.dll No.43746
G. Seizan Breyette  Home )  2009-11-26 00:00:18 ( ID:9cy6w7pzhnc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using TMPGenc 2.5 Plus for some time, and it converted MP4 files with no problem. However recently I upgraded to Windows 7, and some programs seem to have been changed a bit during the upgrade.

I don't know if the following is directly related to the upgrade or not. I recently installed a few other video editing programs and uninstalled them after trying them, so may be related to an uninstall...

Now, when I try to convert an MP4 to MPEG1 or 2 using TMPGEnc Plus, I get a message that infomrs me the file cannot be opened because there is no MP4FileLibU.dll installed.

I searched for such a file and found it in my Pinnacle program, copied and pasted it directly into the folder for TMPGEnc with the rest of the .dll files. Still same message. Is this supposed to be placed in another file for TMPGEnc, or installed elsewhere? I cannot get as good quality control of the output for MP4 to MPEG with the opther programs I have.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Seizan

G. Seizan Breyette  Home )  2009-11-26 05:53:58 ( ID:9cy6w7pzhnc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Added...

A friend told me to ask if someone who is using TMPGEnc 2.5 PLUS would please do a search for the MP4FileLibU.dll on their PC and post the locations. I can then just copy and paste the file into the same places, reboot, and see what happens...

That might just do it, maybe.

Regards,

Seizan

Miro35  2009-12-01 11:40:09 ( ID:iybqwxclrua )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Copy the file to the system32 directory, then go to start, execute and type
"regsrv32 mp4filelibu.dll" without the quotes and press enter, this should solve the problem

G. Seizan Breyette  Home )  2009-12-07 00:24:26 ( ID:9cy6w7pzhnc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Seems like that should have worked but I get a message that it is an invalid entry. Doesn't work.

Tester4  2010-02-15 14:50:09 ( ID:alvbqpyd41n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you try to regsiter the dll-file as Administrator ?
regsvr32.exe

Question - TAW4 - getting 5.1 sound into AW4? No.62379
ccgoudie  2009-11-24 21:23:35 ( ID:3/z0k74zo2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use Avid Liquid to mix my HD video, and outout that to an MV2 file, plus
multiple .wav files for the surround sound, on my PC. When I import the
file into AW4 I get no sound imported, and it
looks like the only options I have are for audio1, and audio2 ?

How do I get my 5.1 sound into AW4 to burn to a Blu-Ray disk?

Thanks,

-Craig

tkrave  2009-11-24 23:02:55 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to have all channels saved into one single audio file.

The two audio sources in TAW4 are your audio streams; for example a commercial DVD would have a choice between 2ch audio and 5.1ch audio.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.