Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 203 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW4 mr jimmy may 1 2009-02-14 22:11:23
Question TAW4 TMPGEnc Authoring 4 DVD playback Scott 3 2009-02-20 19:31:09
Request TAW4 Manual EVR 0 2009-02-14 09:01:57
Question TE40 How to use different audio file and video file Ryan Morris 1 2009-02-13 18:10:24
Question TE40 Performance slebreton 2 2009-02-14 15:11:44
Question TE40 file size won't reduce austinpm1 7 2009-03-06 17:59:29
Request TE40 GPGPU avalaible only to admin? morpheus 0 2009-02-12 12:26:37
Bug report TE40 dvr-ms audio problem rv6abob 0 2009-02-12 02:45:02
Question TAW4 Problems burning DVD's with TMPGEnc AW4 x5x172x 1 2009-02-12 18:38:20
Question TAW4 Importing AVI Ron 1 2009-02-10 18:09:39
Question TE40 I suffer from pixilation Hodag 3 2009-02-10 19:01:12
Question TE40 TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress is compatible with Windows XP SP3? Daniel 1 2009-02-09 18:24:56

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 203 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW4 - mr No.61776
jimmy may  2009-02-14 20:38:43 ( ID:nbkidggqlt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi can someone tell me.how i can get the audio level ,on each file the same.before i record on to dvd.as one song is louder than the other.when i play back my dvd.thank you jimmy may

Scott  2009-02-14 22:11:23 ( ID:ah1hhz/dynj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

On the Source page, you will nee to click on your projects Edit tab. Click on the Audio tab at top, and you will see a tab button Audio Filter Settings under Audio Filters. Click on the Volume Adjustment tab and see if the box is checked next to Enable Volume Adjustment.

There are three choices: Volume Change, Volume Normalization, and Volume Uniformation. Once you have made your changes, you can click the Preview tab to hear the difference.

I'm doing a slideshow, and this is how I found it. It may be the same for video projects as well.

Question - TAW4 - TMPGEnc Authoring 4 DVD playback No.61772
Scott  2009-02-14 10:34:38 ( ID:d53bolpajir )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with the output of my project. I use basically the default settings in the application, but when I go to OUTPUT and Start Output, I deselct Write To The Media Disc After Output Completion. After output is completed, the window pops up showing completion and if I want to write disc using the Browse Output Folder or Disc Writing Tool. I select to browse the output folder and both AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders are there with the IFO and VOB files. I tried to load the files into DVD Shrink to burn the movie and I get an Invalid DVD Navigation Structure error. Although I only created a 2 min. test with audio, transition, subtitles, and even menu with audio background, it will not open. I tried it with Ashampoo Burning Studio 2009 and the files loaded, but I don't want to waste a dvd if it's working right.

I used the Disc Writing Tool to create an .iso dvd image and it did it fine, but when I load the .iso image with Daemon, it will not play in any of my players...Roxio DVDMax Player, PowerDVD or InterVideo WinDVD Gold 5. I'm just wondering if my encoding settings are wrong or if this is not possible. I would hate to waste a disc to see it not work. When I open the folder to play in the players, they only play in the order of the folders and not as if it were a dvd title.

Encode settings: (These should be all default settings)
DVD Video NTSC
Video stream format: Automatic (Smart rendering prioritized)
Video stream format: MPEG-2 Video
Resolution: Automatic (720x480 pixels)
Framerate: 29.7 fps progressive
Video bitrate: 7000 kb/s
Stream type: Dolby Digital
Sampling frequency: 48000 Hz
Channel mode: Stereo
Quantization: 16 bits
Audio bitrate: 256 kb/s

Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

tkrave  2009-02-17 20:04:21 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not sure if this is any consolation, but it IS possible to open outputted files in DVD Shrink and create iso's that can be loaded into Daemon...because I've been doing this for a while and I like to use Daemon with PowerDVD to view the outputted files before burning them. I've never had any problems.

Scott  2009-02-20 04:44:21 ( ID:noyzhrxtra. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have done this in the same manner and have had no problem at all, it seems that there must be something wrong with my installation then. I've tried to run a few different small slideshow tests with the same results....nil. The VIDEO_TS files will not load into DVD Shrink and the .iso created with the TMPGEnc Writing Tool creates sucessfully and load into Daemon fine. When I try to run the virtual drive into all my players (Roxio DVDMax Player, PowerDVD, InterVideo WinDVD Gold 5....and I just uninstalled my Dell MEdia Experience to install Roxio's CinePlayer Surround HD 3.4) they all load with errors, and only show the drive as having a DVD in location. There's no filename or filesize.

I will try to reinstall the app and see if it fixes the problem. Until then, I've moved onto Photodex's ProShow Producer 4.0.2479 which works fine. I even tried the Wondershare Movie Story 4.5.0.1 trial and it works fine too but it doesn't have all the addins I'm looking for.

I'm not giving up on it, but I thought that this would be the One.

tkrave  2009-02-20 19:31:09 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, maybe it's a bad install. Your settings seem fine to me, since I do pretty much the same thing; I usually don't burn to disc, and I usually use the default settings.

Have you tried loading the Video_ts folder into PowerDVD? That works for me as well.

Request - TAW4 - Manual No.61771
EVR  2009-02-14 09:01:57 ( ID:w1slirbpl6h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Manual as pdf-file

Question - TE40 - How to use different audio file and video file No.58695
Ryan Morris  2009-02-13 16:15:13 ( ID:jwb9ex6f4wm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to take one audio file and make it the track for a video file. Is there a way in TMPG to overwrite the audio track of the video with a new audio file?

I know you can split out the audio file from a video easily but not sure how to do it backwards - put audio into a video.

Thanks!
Ryan

tkrave  2009-02-13 18:10:24 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you first add the video clip in the source stage, the clip properties window appears. You can change the audio source here by selecting a different audio/video source.

Question - TE40 - Performance No.58692
slebreton  2009-02-13 04:44:58 ( ID:xgo2wr.pzj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what performance is everyone getting with encoding? Using other programs to encode a dvdrip to H264 format file is roughly the same speed as using tmpeg 4x xpress with CUDA, which I find disappointing. As an example, taking a 90min movie @ 720X480 fullscreen 29.97 frames/sec and encoding to H264 720X480 29.97 frames/sec single pass 2500 kbit/s Variable bitrate takes on my machine roughly 100 minutes or averaging 21 frames/second. Then using the same movie with tmpeg 4 xpress with CUDA gpu exceleration and all the same settings takes the ame amount of time if not longer and the status showing CPU usage hovers around 30% and CUDA around 67%. When I compare this as close as possible with another CUDA enabled program badaboom, badaboom only takes 25 minutes.

tkrave  2009-02-13 18:19:58 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you using any video filters? If you aren't, then you should turn CUDA off as it will only be effective when you are using video filters and/or MPEG decoding.

Look at this page:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/te4xp.html#tabSelector6
(scroll down towards the bottom where the graph is)

Their data shows that the more video filters you are using, the more effective CUDA encoding will be. Conversely, if you aren't using any video filters, then it will actually be slower than CPU-only encoding.

slebreton  2009-02-14 15:11:44 ( ID:xgo2wr.pzj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay Now I understand. Thank you.

Question - TE40 - file size won't reduce No.58684
austinpm1  2009-02-12 17:24:02 ( ID:trevvediclk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i try to reduce a 768x1280 mpg to 384x640, i expected to see a file size reduction from 15Mb down to about 3 or 4Mb. i see NO file size reduction at all the output file is exactly the same size as the source file despite being 25% the actual pixels. why is this and how can i achieve this savings?

using tmpgenc 4.0 xpress by the way.

thanks

tkrave  2009-02-12 18:18:13 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you sure you're looking at the right output file? There's no way it should be exactly the same file size.
I can reduce a 720x480 mpeg file to 360x240 and the file is roughly half the size as expected.

What are the settings you're using in the format stage?

austinpm1  2009-02-16 20:59:42 ( ID:nfhk5bytb7k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the input file is 19 seconds long, 768x1280. mpeg 1 format, 29.97fps, 6000kbps

the output settings are:

mpeg 1, 384x640, 29.97 fps, CBR (Constant Bitrate), 6000kbps

one would think that just these settings would drop the output size down to 25%. it does NOTHING for file size - the same EXACT size as the input is output.

i open both the input and the output in windows media player and the properties show that the original is 768x1280 and the output file is 384x640 so that's working but the file size is unchanged.

very bizarre.

tkrave  2009-02-18 19:12:25 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's your bitrate settings. If you use CBR at 6000kbps for each version of the movie, you'll get 6000kb of data for each second of the movie, no matter what the resolution is.

Try change it to VBR (Constant Quality); it'll keep the quality up but adjust the bitrate accordingly. You can also lower your bitrate if you want to use CBR.

austinpm1  2009-02-20 19:07:53 ( ID:nfhk5bytb7k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

so if i drop my bitrate down from 6000 to 1500 won't the output video look crappy (i guess i'll know when i see) it just seems to me like by default when you lower the size of an IMAGE, you don't have to lower the jpg quality to see the savings.

i'll give it a try either way.

thanks

P

austinpm1  2009-02-20 20:24:34 ( ID:nfhk5bytb7k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it reduced the file size but i AM seeing significant degradation in the video quality. puzzling...

austinpm1  2009-03-05 22:57:02 ( ID:nfhk5bytb7k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

so anyone? anyone? bueller?

no ideas on why a video at half the res is still full size? not a quarter like it ought to be?

any other suggestions? maybe tmpg can't do what it ought to here???...

tkrave  2009-03-06 17:59:29 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried VBR? If so, how was the quality?

Like I said, if you use CBR, it will force the output to be the same amount of data no matter what the video dimensions are. That's what makes it CONSTANT bitrate. This IS the reason your two videos are the same size; there is no other explanation.

Lowering the CBR will lower the quality, especially on scenes with a lot of motion/complexity. This is why VBR is much better; it can adjust the bitrate according to the complexity of the scene.

Comparing CBR to a jpeg isn't accurate since when you resize a jpeg, it takes into account any detail loss and adjusts the file size accordingly. Jpegs are saved based on quality (like VBR) not on a file size target which is essentially what CBR is.

Is there a reason you need to use CBR? VBR is really the best option.

Request - TE40 - GPGPU avalaible only to admin? No.58683
morpheus  2009-02-12 12:26:37 ( ID:gntgaye6ddw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was trying to run TMPGENC under a limited user account, when I saw another post here from another user, regarding the availability of GPGPU only under admin accounts.

Come on guys, is it so hard to implement in the next version the GPGPU feature to run under all accounts and not just under admin? I am facing the same problem, I do not want to make it available under limited accounts, and at the moment it is not possible...

Bug report - TE40 - dvr-ms audio problem No.58682
rv6abob  2009-02-12 02:45:02 ( ID:9dr5viynjwa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having a problem encoding dvr-ms audio. I find that whenever there is a "glitch" in the original audio stream, the audio stops encoding right at that point and the rest of the audio is silent. This also happens within the clip-editor. I have to run back to before the error to get audio working again. I can cut several frames out around the glitch and the audio will work correctly. I have reported this bug, but it is a very painful bug to work around. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a better workaround?

Question - TAW4 - Problems burning DVD's with TMPGEnc AW4 No.61769
x5x172x  2009-02-11 11:00:09 ( ID:vayil1m3gkr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello everyone , I was doing ok until this started to happend, I do some family video editing , some partys and get togethers, every was coming along fine burning AVI files, Xvid, Divx, 1.30 to 1.50 Hour.minutes files at first with DVD+R 16x the results OK no problems, then I came across a different format disk DVD-R 16x the results continue to be good, the I switch back to DVD+R 16x same brand as I use previously, and now I'm able to burn the disk but it will not play on a regular DVD player. it reads ( disk it's durty ) code 13 70 , I try playing the same DVD into the computer and the computer will no recognice the format the first window that appears says DVD it is Blank and there data on the disk, second window appears and it estates that the disk its not readable or that the data it's corrupted, so now I can't burn on DVD+R disc, my dvd player its capable to playthem but not lately.......... can someone helpmi or give me some tips or insides my burner its an Asus DRW-2014-L1T, motherboard--EVGA 790I ultra, CPU--Intel Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz, 1066 Mgz, Graphics card--EVGA 9800 GTX+, 512mb, 738 Mhz core, 2200 Mhz mem clock and lates K-Lite full codecs, XP Codecs.

tkrave  2009-02-12 18:38:20 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the brand of DVD+R discs that you are using? Some discs are not made very well and can have problems playing on some players.

What type of DVD player do you have? Your player may also have problems playing DVD+R media.

What speed are you burning the disc at? Try using a slower speed like x4 or x8 to avoid writing errors.

You may also want to think about switching to DVD-R as I think they are better supported than DVD+R.

Question - TAW4 - Importing AVI No.61767
Ron  2009-02-10 17:24:36 ( ID:wgxvnoqy3tg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am capturing VHS using VirtualVCR to a .AVI file. Can I import this directly into Authuring Works 4 and start authoring without any other encoding / decoding..etc ? Thanks

tkrave  2009-02-10 18:09:39 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, Authoring Works 4 will accept AVI's; no need to convert it or make it compliant.

Question - TE40 - I suffer from pixilation No.58678
Hodag  2009-02-09 20:23:26 ( ID:eplsusuo69j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use Newtek's Speededit to transfer homemovies and VHS to DVD. I was wondering how TMPGEnc XPress works on these SD formats. I have used "other" programs, but I get alot of pixilation in the black with it. I would like to hear from you all about using TMPGEnc XPress this way. thanks

tkrave  2009-02-09 21:14:29 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What kind of capture system are you using?

Is there a lot of noise in the source file after you capture the VHS/home movie?

It could be that the bitrate setting is too low in these other programs.
4.0 XPress also has a noise filter that could help if it is video noise.

hodag  2009-02-10 03:35:33 ( ID:np1asozqkew )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I a using a plextor MU-420 external unit also have an internal ATI wonder card. Not sure how to set the bit rate setting.

Noticed that in the black of a scene there is pixilation. I also have a copy of Sony Vegas DVD maker I will try.

tkrave  2009-02-10 19:01:12 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does this pixelation look like video noise/snow or is it big and blocky?

Is it present in the video after you capture it but before you convert it to DVD format?

If it's pixelated before you encode to DVD format, then it may just be a limitation of the capture card.

You may also want to look for 2-pass VBR (Variable Bit Rate) encoding in whatever software you're using.

Question - TE40 - TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress is compatible with Windows XP SP3? No.58676
Daniel  2009-02-09 03:51:32 ( ID:9ep8pk3ag0n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all sorry for my English but I speak Spanish I would like to know if it is compatible with TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress Windows XP SP3? which is seen by some bug reports here, because I am interested in buying and I do not want to take a surprise and if I needed to try the trial and I downloaded it I did not go. Thank you!

tkrave  2009-02-09 18:24:56 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using XP SP3 and 4.0 XPress works fine.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.