Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 217 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TE40 CUDA not available to limited user accounts??? aesir 2 2008-11-23 20:06:34
Question TE40 Save Layout for Subtitles Howard Pasternack 4 2009-01-07 19:58:35
Request TMVS Two ways to improve Moviestyle Aaron 1 2008-11-21 02:33:54
Question TE40 Mark Mark 0 2008-11-18 20:45:07
Question TE40 CUDA Support for AVCHD? stefan 1 2008-11-28 05:53:10
Question TE40 Dolgy Digital audio - no sound when played on PC Martin_Edney 1 2008-11-28 05:49:09
Question TE40 1080 encoding error video runs half speed fjd0 0 2008-11-18 02:31:42
Question TDA3 Video Menu in DVD Author 3 Devin 1 2008-11-17 21:00:16
Question TAW4 User PDF Manual ? Nrms 2 2008-11-28 06:51:49
Bug report TE40 to enable CUDA will also bring the limitation of output file? Mark 1 2008-11-17 19:31:39
Question TAW4 strange problem with Simulation adam 0 2008-11-16 02:31:56
Question TE25 Go : how to convert dvd and video to zune goodfriend 0 2008-11-15 05:35:53

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 217 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TE40 - CUDA not available to limited user accounts??? No.58516
aesir  2008-11-21 14:25:18 ( ID:s3bbpyofedh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have installed the latest evaluation version of TMPGEnc on a Win XP Pro system, with a 8800GT card and nVidia drivers v180.48. Under the administrator account, it has no problem identifying the CUDA capable card and using it. However if I log on with a limited user account then running TMPGEnc gives a "insufficient geforge version" message, specifying that CUDA needs v178.13 drivers and above. Is this a bug?

tkrave  2008-11-21 19:51:07 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think it's a bug; the system requirements say that you need to run it under an administrator account.

aesir  2008-11-23 20:06:34 ( ID:doo.2pjlztm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's something maybe they should look into, I am interested in buying this for the company I work for, but I cannot allow users to logon to workstations with admin level access accounts, which is common logic I suppose. I don't think it would be so difficult as to make it possible to run under limited user accounts.

Question - TE40 - Save Layout for Subtitles No.58511
Howard Pasternack  2008-11-19 22:00:11 ( ID:pjwfaqlwora )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is possible to save a layout for subtitles using Tmpgenc 4.0. There are ADD and DELETE buttons in the layout editor, but they don't seem to anything.

tkrave  2008-11-21 19:04:04 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I click on Add layout or Delete layout it DOES do something.

Clicking Add layout adds a new layout. By default it will be called "05: Layout #5". You can then edit the layout to whatever you want. Then, whenever you add a new subtitle, you can select Layout #05 from the Layout dropdown menu.

Howard Pasternack  2008-11-22 15:42:35 ( ID:pjwfaqlwora )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>When I click on Add layout or Delete layout it DOES do something.
>
>Clicking Add layout adds a new layout. By default it will be called "05: Layout #5". You can then edit the layout to whatever you want. Then, whenever you add a new subtitle, you can select Layout #05 from the Layout dropdown menu.

The problem is that the layout doesn't get saved. Once I close Tmpgenc and then reopen it, the layout is gone. I tried the ADD routine using both Layout #05 and a custom name, and in neither is the layout available in another session.

tkrave  2008-11-24 19:21:29 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It only saves the layout for that particular project. So if you start a new project, you'll have to recreate your layouts.

old-hack  2009-01-07 19:58:35 ( ID:xlaelkhtbnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Demux the chapters information from your DVD or Blu-ray. Strip out the chapter names so only the time and text is left. Save it as a text file. Rename the text file moviename.subtitle. Then select edit and import subtitles to bring in your subtitle list.

Request - TMVS - Two ways to improve Moviestyle No.61234
Aaron  2008-11-19 13:45:40 ( ID:jbnzoowegeh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've just purchased MovieStyle and I'm generally pleased with it. The UI is straight forward, making encoding very quick and easy.

However, there are two areas where I think MovieStyle could improve:

1) Quality vs. file size is very disappointing. Using the iPod normal setting, videos look significantly worse than those encoded with Handbrake's iPhone preset using a 500kbps bitrate. Despite looking worse, the files encoded with MovieStyle are two and a half times bigger than those encoded with Handbrake! Is it the lack of two-pass encoding option? I don't know.

2) As video encoding takes a long time, I tend to set up batch jobs. What annoys me about MovieStyle is that there's no way to name the output files before the encoding starts. I'm left with a lot of "title 1", "title 1 (1)", "title 1 (2)" files at the end of the process which can be a pain to sort out.

Thanks!

tkrave  2008-11-21 02:33:54 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Regarding point #2, you can set the name for each file before you output, but you have to turn off the automatic encoding option. Once that's turned off, you can add your files to the batch list, set the output name for each file, then press Start to begin batch encoding.

Question - TE40 - Mark No.58510
Mark  2008-11-18 20:45:07 ( ID:0/./sf0cill )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just purchased the software. However, the help feature keeps crashing.....so, I am turning to you for help. I have an MPEG2 .vob clip that I need converted to MPEG1 for use in Sanction. Can someone walk me through this? I tried using the multiplexer, however an error message comes up. Thanks in advance

Question - TE40 - CUDA Support for AVCHD? No.58508
stefan  2008-11-18 20:29:52 ( ID:hezhhxmufpl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
Anyone knows of plans to support CUDA for AVCHD input files? Badaboom is already doing it.

thanks in advance
Stefan

myself  2008-11-28 05:53:10 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The newest version has CUDA Functions but i dont know specifically if it support it, all you can do is try with the newest version.
good luck

Question - TE40 - Dolgy Digital audio - no sound when played on PC No.58506
Martin_Edney  2008-11-18 19:13:33 ( ID:rxyz68aikh. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've created a "DVD Standard MPEG-2" file using TMPGEnc 4.0 Express, with the audio set to Dolby Digital. When I play this file on the PC using Windows Media Player, there is no audio, but there is audio when I use VideoLAN.

I encoded this file onto a DVD using TMPGEnc DVD Author 2, and found that the DVD plays fine (with sound) in a DVD player, but there is no sound when the DVD is played on the PC using Windows Media Player. Again playing it with VideoLan gives audio. TMPGEnc DVD Author's Simulation screen also played without sound.

The same PC can play commercial DVDs that have Dolby Digital audio without problem, again using Windows Media Player, so I don't think the problem here is the standard "missing AC3 codec" problem. This wouldn't be a problem, as I can just use VideoLAN on my PC, but I also need the PC to play on other PCs where VideoLAN cannot be installed, so I have to be able to get files playing with sound using Windows Media Player.

Is there something non-standard in the Dolgy Digital audio that TMPGEnc 4.0 Express produces?

Thanks.

myself  2008-11-28 05:49:09 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This could be about decoder, may be your output file needs other codecs to be decoded by WMP or viceverse, try to update Directshow to the latest version.
good luck

Question - TE40 - 1080 encoding error video runs half speed No.58505
fjd0  2008-11-18 02:31:42 ( ID:zokbprlkmaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I encode from dvr-ms hd 1080i source to 1080 using mp4 encode, the video runs at half speed. The audio runs normal speed and runs out long before the video ends. If I endode the same job to 810, 720 or smaller, there is no such error. Advice would be appreciated.

Question - TDA3 - Video Menu in DVD Author 3 No.60817
Devin  2008-11-17 18:42:59 ( ID:g/fxkmn1u2w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using DVD Author for awhile now and have a pretty good grasp on all the features. Something I've never tried with it though is making the background be a video clip. I'm working on a movie dvd and wanted a specific scene to be the background. Every time I load the video file into the background and then do the simulation only the audio plays and the background freezes on the first frame.

Is this just a simulation thing and once authored the clip would play? Anyone had this problem before? I've tried AVI and MPEG versions of the clip with the same results.

I'm about to just set the thumbnail to the scene I want, enlarge it, and cut the audio to the scene and make it the BGM.

I would really appreciate all suggestions.

Devin  2008-11-17 21:00:16 ( ID:g/fxkmn1u2w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Never mind. I tried outputting it to see the authoring of the menu and the video played in the preview window.

..should have just tried that in the beginning I suppose.

Question - TAW4 - User PDF Manual ? No.61574
Nrms  2008-11-16 14:32:28 ( ID:ludgmgddlya )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a PDF User Manual for this product (TMPG Authoring Works 4) that I can download to print out?

Thanks
NigelS

nrms  2008-11-27 12:13:18 ( ID:ludgmgddlya )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK so no response. What excellent support. Got no response from the official support route by email either. I guess I will look elsewhere for my software products in future....

NigelS

myself  2008-11-28 06:51:49 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess at the moment there is not a PDF file but I hope they make it.

Bug report - TE40 - to enable CUDA will also bring the limitation of output file? No.58503
Mark  2008-11-16 04:22:30 ( ID:9xdsnbvb9m6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have turned on CUDA options (3 check boxes) to convert from .ts to .wmv
but i always fail when the size of output file (.wmv) is up to 2.8 G
the error messages are "storage violation...", or "access deny..." (something like that; sorry, i forget the exactly words)
but, if i turn off CUDA, it works fine and finished the converting tasks, would you please tell me why?
my OS is Vista Ultimate SP-1, 32-bit, nVidia 9600GT

by the way, will CUDA help me when converting .ts to .wmv?
because besides to the encoding message (ex, CPU 30%, CUDA 70%),
i didnt see any different performance (including encoding time, and CPU usage from Task Manager of Windows) of the converting tasks with and without CUDA
is it normal? or what should i do to make CUDA acclerate the encoding process?

Thank you

tkrave  2008-11-17 19:31:39 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't know about the storage violation error, you should contact support and let them know of the problem.

For now, CUDA will only accelerate MPEG-2 decoding and video filter processing. So if you're not doing either of those, you probably won't see a performance increase.

Question - TAW4 - strange problem with Simulation No.61573
adam  2008-11-16 02:31:56 ( ID:puyewlkdjcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I installed the trial version of Authoring Works 4 earlier today.
After making my chapters and the menu.I clicked on Simulation,clicked on start.
It showed the menu that I had made,but...it looked really weird.Green,pink and yellow,heavily saturated.Kind of like when you watch one of those shows on Discovery Channel and they use a special kind of device to show someones body heat..if that makes sense.
What causes this?I didn't have that problem when I used an earlier version.
Anyway,I clicked on output,in the hope that it's just some weird Tmpegnc glitch and doesn't show up when I play the DVD.

Question - TE25 - Go : how to convert dvd and video to zune No.43721
goodfriend  2008-11-15 05:35:53 ( ID:k2z/h4ucfmw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go : how to convert dvd and video to zune

Download this software at http://www.oursdownload.com/Zune-Video-Converter,dvd-to-Zune,dvd-to-Zune-converter,Zune-converter.html

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.