Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 861 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Source Range Error Jonahinthewhale 2 2002-05-30 04:13:30
Question TE25 Audio missing Ramesh Champaneri 2 2002-05-27 18:22:41
Question TE25 Playing backwards Cem 0 2002-05-26 14:28:30
Question TE25 Converting 16:9 to 4:3 Problem Bloodfeast 1 2002-05-26 22:25:15
Question TE25 avi convert to mpeg john 1 2002-05-26 23:03:43
Question TE25 Get "Read Error at address..." during encoding Mike 3 2002-06-06 14:39:23
Question TE25 Another jerkiness question monkeyboy 4 2002-05-26 23:05:12
Question TE25 Audio Hissing when using MPEG-1 Layer2 Godzilla 4 2002-05-29 08:57:07
Question TE25 Problems loading VCD file into TMPG under XP Damian 3 2002-05-27 01:18:22
Question TE25 Unsupported AVI files smackdab 1 2002-05-26 01:43:03
Question TE25 Downloaded an AVI or two :) Jeremy 1 2002-05-26 02:58:16
Question TE25 bad avi files.. GuNnz 2 2002-05-26 05:41:02

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 861 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Source Range Error No.21941
Jonahinthewhale  2002-05-26 17:18:02 ( ID:7so6hrdzfda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The power in my apartment went out the other day and my computer works fine except now on this program, every time I try to use the source range on the project wiz it says that TMPGENC have caused some errors and needs to be restarted. I have already deleted the program, redownloaded it and instanlled it again. If someone knows the answer, please help

Elvis  2002-05-27 23:21:46 ( ID:swd//k5my9f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's time you learned to be a man and do away with the wizard and do things manually.

Jonahinthewhale  2002-05-30 04:13:30 ( ID:7so6hrdzfda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Look here elvis. I I don't used the wizard unless I want to use the source range. I would use it at all I just want to use the souce range but it is screwed up. trust me I know what I am doing!!! don't make assuptions. It just shows me that you don't know the answer. So if you don't the don't reply my mesage

Question - TE25 - Audio missing No.21938
Ramesh Champaneri  2002-05-26 15:49:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a problem with Audio, which I thought I had it sorted after my last posting/responses, but there seems to something else.

I am ripped off a NTSC DVD using smartripper. Then used DVD2AVI. ( had problems as the sound was at 48KHz), so after tthe responses on the BBS I managed to downgrade it 44k) all seemed fine as tried a short piece conversion and then took it into TMPGnc and I could see the video, audio and produced a mpg file with video an audio. I then did the whole movie with DVD2AVI and all went fine with rigth size files etc (sound at 44KHz). when I did the TMpgen there was no sound at all. Can't inderstand this.

I am sure Manion or Ashy would be able to pinpoint the problem stright away.

As a last resort, should I do each VOB file seperatly? and merge them in TMPgenc?

The movie is a long one - 230 mins!

Would be grateful for any help.

Thanks in antipication

Ramesh

Minion  2002-05-26 22:34:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think your problem is that you are useing "dvd2avi" to convert the audio from 48000hz to 41000hz,"tmpgenc" will do this..but I would sudgest getting a different audio encoder for "tmpgenc" and a frequency converter, the one I use is called "SCMPX" it works with "tmpgenc" as an external tool,it is an encoder and a frequency converter and can be found on any search engine ,anothere good encoder it "toolame" these might solve your problem, but after extracting the audio from you vob files with dvd2avi try listening to the wav file and see how it sounds,....

Ramesh Champaneri  2002-05-27 18:22:41 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,

Thanks a lot. I'll try that. When you say us external converter, i take you mean get the audio via dvd2avi and then apply conversion and then take to tmpgen ?

I managed to use tmpgen on sepertate files produced by dvd2avi and i am now going to link them together. Just can't understand why tmpgen would not do it for the all the files to produce one mpg file!! - too big?

Thanks again

Ramesh

Question - TE25 - Playing backwards No.21937
Cem  2002-05-26 14:28:30 ( ID:hf9y9nemyfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.. i wanted to ask whether it is possible to save an existing movie backwards, or do you know a program that can save a movie backwards...

Question - TE25 - Converting 16:9 to 4:3 Problem No.21935
Bloodfeast  Home )  2002-05-26 14:01:52 ( ID:arln4xxxvwo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Changing 16:9 to 4:3. The ONLY problem with the finished product is that there are horizontal lines (typically in scenes with high motion). How can I fix the problem so the movie is basically the same quality as original?

Minion  2002-05-26 22:25:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Those horizontal lines are "interlace lines" to make them less noticeable use the "de-interlase" feature in the "advanced settings" there are a whole bunch of different de-interlace options so you have to find the one that works for the particular movie you are doing.....but to have a movie that look exactly like the original,that"s a long shot....

Question - TE25 - avi convert to mpeg No.21933
john  2002-05-26 12:59:46 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi
i downloaded spiderman in avi form.and when i try to convert it to mpeg i get sound but no picture.
i have noticed i do not get a picture in preview window as it converts,i do with other avi files.
any advise i can get will be a big help.
thanks.
john.

Minion  2002-05-26 23:03:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you have all the proper codecs, you should have divx5 and divx4, becaude divx5 wont decode divx4, and make sure you "direct show" plugin has a high enough priority....

Question - TE25 - Get "Read Error at address..." during encoding No.21929
Mike  2002-05-26 09:32:08 ( ID:2c7.3nyevpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a problem - I need to convert SVCD to VCD. Used DVD2AVI to create a project file from the SVCD files, as suggested by WWW.VCDHELP.COM, but on both attempts to create the new VCD file (using the project file as a source), I get the following error in a dialog box:-

"Read error occurred at address 036E6327 of module 'DVD2AVI.VFP' with 01ECEEBF."

This seems to happen at the same point in the file (around 42% progress complete), so I assume it stems from a problem with the source files, however, is there an easy way around this?

(TMPGEnc 2.5m Version 2.54.37.135, Core Version 1.87.133
DVD2AVI Project File Reader 1.76)

Mike  2002-05-26 09:37:22 ( ID:2c7.3nyevpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

... I should also mention that there are some visual artifacts in the image at and around the point where this problem occurs - obviously dodgy source video.

Minion  2002-05-26 10:34:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes there might be a way around this,first we arent going to use dvd2avi because you are haveing problems with the vfapi plugin, but you need to save the audio files that dvd2avi made, go get the "vfapi converter" this makes psudo avi files for frame serveing, load your "mpeg" file into the "vfapi converter" make sure the audio box does "NOT" have a check in it, convert the mpeg with the vfapi converter to an avi, this takes about 5 seconds with out the audio, now load the avi file made by the vfapi converter into "tmpgenc" and load the audio from dvd2avi then encode, the "psudo avi"will feed the information to "tmpgenc" just loke dvd2avi would but you are just useing a different vfapi plugin....another thing you can do is "de-multiplex" your mpeg2/svcd file and load it in "tmpgenc" and encode it, you just need to make sure you have the mpeg2 vfapi plugin...so here you go a few things you can try ,any of them should work........good luck

Tim  2002-06-06 14:39:23 ( ID:9ri9acbc5oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I ran into a similar problem encoding a DVD2AVI .d2v file to mpeg1 with the same version of tmpegenc:

"Read error occurred at address 100064B7 of module 'DVD2AVI.VFP' with 06C69E78."

Funnily enough, the error occured at about 43% of the input file, almost like with mikes file. But I'm pretty sure that the source isn't simply broken, because:

a) When I start encoding from the beginning, Tmpegenc stops at frame 78024.
b) with source range set from 77993 to 78100, it breaks down, too..
c) BUT: source range 77994 to 78100 works fine and the resulting mpeg is OK.

Does anyone have a explanation for this? I'd really like to get these 4 GB free again :))

Question - TE25 - Another jerkiness question No.21924
monkeyboy  2002-05-26 09:09:15 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My TmpGenc encodes suffer from a very slight jerk during playback - about once a second. This happens on both my PC an DVD player.
I have played mpegs that I have downloaded that were encoded by someone else and they are fine.
What am I doing wrong.
Cheers.

Minion  2002-05-26 10:24:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This happens if you encode a avi file to mpeg at a frame rate that is different than the avi,a lot of avi file downloaded off the net have frame rates that are up to half of what they should be so the files are smaller and quicker to download...but this is just a guess cuz i have no idea what you are doing so i can"t tell you what you are doing wrong....

monkeyboy  2002-05-26 14:07:36 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, Minion. It makes sense though, internet downloads do all seem a little short.
Nothing I can do about it then ?

monkeyboy  2002-05-26 14:15:41 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, Minion. It makes sense though, internet downloads do all seem a little short.
Nothing I can do about it then ?

Minion  2002-05-26 23:05:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no not really.....sory

Question - TE25 - Audio Hissing when using MPEG-1 Layer2 No.21919
Godzilla  2002-05-26 03:55:49 ( ID:uwkwnfqcpaj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I get a constant background noise like a hissing/screeching when I encode with MPEG-1 Layer2, but if I use MPEG-1 Layer1 it sounds perfect. If I try to encode the whole video with Layer1 it will give me something like "Illegal Sound Stream" or something simular. Should it be able to encode with Layer1 audio?

Minion  2002-05-26 06:06:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it should be able to encode mpeg1 audio,but mpeg2 audio sounds better, try a different mp2 encoder and encode your audio with it then multiplex it with your mpeg video..

Magic  2002-05-28 15:37:04 ( ID:cnlnyv2c5c2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem. I now encode the video with TMPGEnc, use WAV2MP to do the audio, then back into TMPGEnc to join the two together (multiplex).

You can get WAV2MP here - http://www.mnsi.net/~jschlic1/

I find encoding at 160 is about right for most films, and you can get away with 128 if you really have to.

ASHY  2002-05-28 19:51:29 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

WAV2MP is far to slow for my liking. What it takes TMPG to do in 15 mins it takes WAV2MP 30 mins. The way I do it takes 3 mins to encode a wav to mp2 for a full movie.

ASHY

Borgster  2002-05-29 08:57:07 ( ID:5uhceskba7w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Try conerting audiostream in Virtual dub first,
i've noticed that the internal audio decorder has a
lot of problems with 48 KHz sound.or save as wave uncompressed
and feed it into TMPGenc.

Question - TE25 - Problems loading VCD file into TMPG under XP No.21915
Damian  2002-05-26 03:26:19 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there!
I've just bought a DVD burner and would like to transfer my old VCD's to DVD.
I simply want to transfer four or five films to a single disc.I'm running Windows XP.
I know that I need to de-multiplex the audio from the video and then change the sample rate of the audio from 44.1khz to 48khz (this is for the DVD authoring progam).
I can do the de-multiplex (in TMPG-MpegTools) no problem and end up with a .m1v and .mp2.
When I load the audio file (.mp2) back into TMPG to try to Change the sample rate, TMPG crashes.It also crashes if I try to load the origional Mpeg that the audio file came from.The strange thing is that these were all VCD's using TMPG presets (I think version 2.0 of TMPG)and that I can cut & merge and De-Multiplex, without problems from within MpegTools.
I've looked through the forum and found one reference to this problem and they said it was due to an audio codec not being installed in XP, but no solution was provided.
Can anybody shed any light on this or the Codec (or possibly the name of simple program that can do the resampling of the Audio(A workaround :)
Many Thanks
Damian

Minion  2002-05-26 06:04:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a Great free audio encodeing program called "db power amp" it can extract audio from video and encode to a variety of formats, you can use this to re-encode your "mpg-audio" to "mpg-audio" at 48000hz, you can download it at . www.dbpoweramp.com " make sure you get the mp2 codec.....

Damian  2002-05-27 00:27:20 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Many Thanks Minion

I now have DbpowerAmp + Mp2 codec.A nice + simple to use program.Exactly what I had in mind...
The funny thing is that since I installed DbPowerAmp + the mp2 codec(or possibly the Nimo codec pack 5.0 which I installed at the same time)TMPG is now working and allows me to open Mp2 files without crashing.Possibly i just had a corrupted codec or XP does'nt have the right codec.
Anyway thanks again Minion for pointing me the direction of a great program and
(possibly) sorting out my problem :)

Damian

Minion  2002-05-27 01:18:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the "mp2" codec in "db power amp" is a decoder to so It could quite possibly fix your problem....

Question - TE25 - Unsupported AVI files No.21913
smackdab  2002-05-26 01:37:49 ( ID:owgn2m2/r0m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have several .avi file s I downloaded at another location and burned to a CD-R. I have tried to then copy these to muy hard drive for encoding to MPG for encoding. When I try to load the file I get a message that the file cannot be opened or is not supported. I have also tried to encode from the CD-R with the same result. Is this something that always happens when tring to encode an avi that has been burned to a CD-R or is there some way to correct this?

smackdab  2002-05-26 01:43:03 ( ID:owgn2m2/r0m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NEVER MIND. Just read minions response to a similar problem and the solution worked great. Thanks a million minion. :)

Question - TE25 - Downloaded an AVI or two :) No.21911
Jeremy  2002-05-26 00:48:41 ( ID:2xgl4dzqu.j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded an AVI today. And its in 20 fps. Would it be better to somehow convert it back to 23.976 or something else. I did use the standard TMPG SVCD template and it now made the movie with trails behind it. I assume thats cause it added 9 frames per second. Wasnt sure how to manually make 20 fps since the field is always grayed in TMPG.

also, where can i find other codecs for my cap card. I thought I was stuck with the one that came with it but I read on a previous thread I can somehow use a different one. My cap card is the Pinnacle Studio DC10+. Forgive me for being dumb but will this codec be used while captureing or is it something I use afterwords if I use my cap softwares make file abilities (Which sucks horrible).

thanks all - Jeremy

Minion  2002-05-26 02:58:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to make vcd"s with your mpeg files , the avi files with non-standerd frame rates will look jumpy because "tmpgenc" has to copy every third frame to make it 29.97fps, you can change the encodeing frame rate but this will not play correctly on your dvd player..you can change the frame rate of your avi file but then you will have to speed up your audio track to mach up with the video, so you are best to just use the regular templates and deal with the jumpy-ness cuz the alternitive is a lot of work..

Question - TE25 - bad avi files.. No.21908
GuNnz  2002-05-26 00:42:51 ( ID:rz1hlhjq8oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there im a nOOb at doin this..so anyways heres my problem..
Some avi files i have stop video but sound still plays.i am able to fast forward it then video an sound come back.am i able to encode theses types of bad avi files?,.or is the file no good for encodeing?do i need to d/l another copy of the file?
ive tryed encode this type of file but my tmpgenc stops at the frame where the video stops..and freezes..
any help will be appreciated thnkz..:)

GuNnz.<nOOb>.but havin fun:):):):P

Minion  2002-05-26 02:52:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are tools that might help you repair your avi file I can"t remember there names but some can be found in the "tools" section at "www.vcdhelp.com " . you can edit out the bad spot and join the two parts together after you finished encodeing with the "merge & cut" feature.....

GuNnz  2002-05-26 05:41:02 ( ID:x20ul01erqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thankz alot minion..much appreciated..:)

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.