Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 660 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Encoding slows down Rob 1 2002-11-01 19:39:34
Question TE25 what's tmpgenc.vfp? SLM 1 2002-11-01 14:12:34
Question TE25 Audio & Video Sync Dewey Takem 1 2002-11-02 22:58:27
Question TE25 16x9 format James 2 2002-11-01 13:37:59
Question TE25 Stream read error when multiplexing mpeg2 JN 1 2002-11-01 14:03:28
Question TE25 what is virtual dub otkidd 1 2002-11-01 02:46:53
Question TE25 Making Standard VCDs crsv 1 2002-11-01 02:44:00
Question TE25 File unsupported again - somebody explain! eddie95 1 2002-11-03 01:45:28
Question TE25 Audio is not in sync with video Bobsolo10 3 2002-11-26 19:47:44
Question TE25 Menu Extras jaycdam 2 2002-11-01 10:21:24
Question TE25 frameserving..... regman 1 2002-11-01 10:23:56
Question TE25 Heavy compression? eddie95 3 2002-11-01 14:08:17

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 660 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Encoding slows down No.30179
Rob  2002-11-01 17:32:09 ( ID:6/ldet7gxdl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why does the movie I am encoding slow way down after about 14% is done? It goes very fast for the first 13% then it slows down.

Minion  2002-11-01 19:39:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It could be a few things like the most common is probably that at that point of the movie is were the Immages get more complicated and harder to encode, as long as it doesn"t stop encodeing....

Question - TE25 - what's tmpgenc.vfp? No.30177
SLM  2002-11-01 13:32:17 ( ID:mykvhqj3iwh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what's tmpgenc.vfp?what's its use?and where to get it?thanks

Ashy  2002-11-01 14:12:34 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's the VFAPI plugin for TMPG project files. Get it from the TMPG website, but don't look too hard....

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Audio & Video Sync No.30175
Dewey Takem  2002-11-01 13:20:40 ( ID:9jxv5frov6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I also have the problem of video and audio out-of-sync. Is there any way that I can automatically copy my mpg file while applying a constant time-shift to the audio, without splitting the two streams and using an audio processor program to change the audio file length? This way, I could minimize the gradual shift - it could be early at the start and late at the end, but over a 40 min program it would be not so noticable.

Minion  2002-11-02 22:58:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How are you encodeing your files(what method) and what type of files are you ancodeing ? and are you doing any sort of format conversions (EG)ntsc to pal ect)?

Question - TE25 - 16x9 format No.30172
James  2002-11-01 13:09:26 ( ID:ztswjq./0zm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to make a 16x9 DVD. What size should my raw video file be? I don't want it to stretch at all. Thanks.

J

Ashy  2002-11-01 13:20:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

720x352 NTSC or 720x400 PAL.

Ashy  2002-11-01 13:37:59 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just re-read your post. The actual size should be 720x480 NTSC or 720x576 PAL. The sizes in the previous post are the sizes without the black bars added.

There are several other sizes available for DVD authoring, but the above is most common to DVD.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Stream read error when multiplexing mpeg2 No.30170
JN  2002-11-01 12:05:12 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. QUESTION:I am using TMPGEnc (2.57) to make quite a lot of mpeg2 (SVCD, VBR CQ) files (music videos, captured AVIs by VDub). Beacuse of various sources of video, I must then somehow level volume in these files, which means dmultiplex to audio and video, correct audio volume by GoldWave, encode audio again, and multiplex back. From time to time (about 3% files) it happens when multiplexing, that file (which was created in TMPGEnc !) reports "Stream read error" in step 3 - "Rewriting SVCD header". Does anybody know what might be wrong ? Repeating the process doesn't help, but source file seems to be ok, when played in PowerDVD.

2. REQUEST: Possibility of demultiplexing and multiplexing (without merging of course) more files at a time would be very welcomed ! Do you how many clicks I must make when mux/demux for example 50 files ?

Ashy  2002-11-01 14:03:28 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You seem to be doing things a pretty crazy, complicated and long winded way.

Firstly the error you are talking about is a bug in v2.57. Download v2.58.

Secondly why don't you normalize the sound as you encode in TMPG rather than extracting the sound and re-encoding.

Thirdly instead of extracting the sound then normalizing and then re-encoding which is pointless in encoding the audio in the first place.
Just extract the audio in the source files you have to a wav file with Virtualdub then normalize in your audio editing program if you wish to do it this way (but TMPG can do this for you itself) then load the normalized wav as your audio source in TMPG when you encode.

This saves all this unecessary messing about you are doing with de-muxing and re-muxing.

If you really do want to extract the audio from the finished encoding just load the file into the 'de-multiplexer' and double click the audio stream. This will extract the audio only as it's unecessary to demultiplex the video aswell.
When you wish to re-mux the normalized audio simply load the new audio into the 'simple multiplexer' and your original MPEG movie as the video source and your movie will be muxed with the new audio and the old one removed.

Last but not least to save your self all the above hassle. Why don't you just load the AVI's in sequence using the 'APPEND' function in Virtual dub and then frameserve to TMPG. TMPG will then treat all the files as one big file. You can then use the normalizing function in TMPG to bring the audio in the files to the same level.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - what is virtual dub No.30168
otkidd  2002-11-01 01:54:25 ( ID:yiyckgkczmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't understand what you mean by if i don't have a picture on my preview screen in tmpgenc to try and use virtual dub and if it works to use it as frame serve to tmpgenc please walk me threw this i am new to all of this" i am a dummie"

Minion  2002-11-01 02:46:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you don"t have a Picture then you need to raise the "direct show file reader" but if that don"t work then you use "Virtual Dub" which is a Program that edits Captures video and Frameserves avi files ...If you don"t know what Frame serveing is then you need to go to school and here"s were you first lesson is...http://www.vcdhelp.com/ this site is dedicated to the newbie...

Question - TE25 - Making Standard VCDs No.30166
crsv  2002-11-01 01:29:49 ( ID:mfbnwcya2bl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using DVD2AVI to make d2v and wav files from VOB files. Then I load those files into TMPGENC using the Project Wizard. I have the Video-CD NTSC template loaded. I create alot of d2v and wav files for a batch encode job. I then run the batch job. Now, if I try to load the files into Nero, it tells me my mpg files are not vcd compliant. Am I doing something wrong?

If I use this program called mpeg-corrector, it appears to fix the problem with Nero finding them non-compliant. But I wonder why I can't generate compliant files in the first place.

I burned a VCD with Nero with the resulting corrected file and found (on an APEX DVD player) some spots had some "digital blocking." The digital blocking is not observed if I simply play the file using Media Player.

I ran the original mpg files through VCDGear (which said there were 1000's of errors), burned another VCD with this file and found the "digital blocking" was gone. VCDGear appears to have fixed the problem - even though I read on previous messages not to trust VCDGear.

If I try to edit the VCDGear "fixed" file with TMPGENC, I get an "illegal video stream" error.

Help, I'm confused ...
I'd like to convert these VOB files to MPG, edit the MPG, and then burn good quality VCDs.

Minion  2002-11-01 02:44:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should make sure you aren"t encodeing to plain "Mpeg1" but are encodeing to VCD Mpeg1 files and VCD files are differant..To figure out if the file is a VCD file or a Plain Mpeg1 file just load the Mpeg file into the "Merge+Cut" or "Simple Multiplex" with the "Video-CD" setting in the Dropdown menu and set the output file and click "Run" it will then proscess the file so it has a VCD header on it which is probably why you are getting the error with Nero..But if after this you still get an error with nero then just ignore it and burn it anyways...

Question - TE25 - File unsupported again - somebody explain! No.30164
eddie95  2002-10-31 23:50:09 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Up to now I've always been fine with DV avi files.
But recently Ive been getting these unsupported file error messages. I changed the priority of that thing to +2 and it worked. But now its stopped having an effect. I just dont understand it all. Is there a patch for me to get?

Minion  2002-11-03 01:45:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try Frameserveing the file...

Question - TE25 - Audio is not in sync with video No.30160
Bobsolo10  2002-10-31 22:35:59 ( ID:t4mpyzzbaql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When converting several of my avi files into mpegs, the audio slowly trails until there is almost a second gap in between. The original file has no gap in it, therefore is this a problem with my computer, or TMPG itself?

Minion  2002-11-01 02:37:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No it"s probably not Tmpgenc but the file you are encodeing,With avi files the audio and video are Interleaved so the Video is locked to the Video stream so if the Video allways plays at the same speed as the audio But whan you encode the file to mpeg the audio gets stripped off and encoded and the video gets stripped off and encoded, so there for they aren"t locked to the same time code anymore, and the audio will go on playing the same speed as it should but the video goes by it"s own time code based on the Frame rate which can be slightly different than the audio..So that is why gradual sync problems happen when encodeing AVI files..There isn"t very much you can do about it accept there is a Chance you can use something like "Sound forge" and use it to take the audio and either shrink or stretch the audio to fit the exact length of the video file...

koka  2002-11-01 12:13:19 ( ID:8buzgb12aog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do not use PAL 625 lines, but the 3:4 format. It gives a better result.

The Gern  2002-11-26 19:47:44 ( ID:7uze8dry20j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Problem A/V desync over time is digitizing with an Audio unlocked
device (ie DV/D8 camcorder - nonprofessional grade). Canon MiniDV
camcorders slide about 3 sec per hour, Sony about 1/10th sec per hour.

Solution: Canopus ADVC-100 with locked audio, $295. Worked for me -
PERFECT SYNC over time. And I was pulling my hair out thinking it
was a S/W problem...

Gern

Question - TE25 - Menu Extras No.30157
jaycdam  2002-10-31 21:44:33 ( ID:rqghnp3u6ul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

On my friends TMPG the menu screen has an additional option...as well as VCD, SVCD and DVD, there is "Other" which allows him to set the length of the film so that a whole film can fit on an 80min CD. Where can I find it?

Minion  2002-11-01 02:29:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It doesn"t Exist..Not if I understand what you are saying, do you mean in the Wizard were you choose if you want a VCD/Ntsc/Pal or a SVCD/Ntsc/Pal or a DVD/NTSC/Pal???you are saying your friends has another option called "Other"????From what i gather there isn"t a option like this or has never been an option like this..You can allways put a Whole movie on Disk but it will look like Total crap, say a 90minute movie might be allmost Bareable but anything longer won"t be Hardly recognizeable..If there was a Way to get a Whole movie on a CDR with Really good Quality then we wouldn"t need DVD'S.............

Ashy  2002-11-01 10:21:24 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Which version of TMPG is your friend using?

ASHY

Question - TE25 - frameserving..... No.30155
regman  2002-10-31 20:54:12 ( ID:jmiymllqlvf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this message is for ashy.....first of all, I want to thank you for all the important information you've been giving me thus far, but I have a question....I've never worked with frameserve....can you tell me how to frameserve a movie please? If you need my e-mail address I can give you that..it's regman39@yahoo.com...or if ANYBODY can tell me how to frameserve a movie or how to work with frameserve I'd gladly appreciate it....thank you very much!!!

Ashy  2002-11-01 10:23:56 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you look in the Virtualdub help files it will tell you how to set up the Frameserver. If you need more additional help VCDhelp.com have a walkthrough.

If you still can't work it out I will try and explain.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Heavy compression? No.30151
eddie95  2002-10-31 17:39:55 ( ID:cgx3nbhwwxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to compress my video file quite a lot so that my 1 minute video file is less than 10mb. When I encode as mpeg 1, I cant get at the bit rate setting because it's greyed out. How can I change the bit rate? Or better still, how can I use a lot of compression to get the file size down?
Thanks

Minion  2002-10-31 20:48:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mpeg Format doesn"t really go By Lots or Little Compression it Goes By Bitrate, to change the Bitrate you need to load the "Unlock.mfc" Template from the "Extra" Folder then ALL the settings will be unlocked and you need to go to "Settings" to "System" and change the stream setting to "Video-CD Non-Standard"..The quality of the Video will be Quite Bad if you go below the standard VCD bitrates actually Regular VCD Bitrates are bad enough ....

eddie95  2002-11-01 13:12:47 ( ID:cts0b298yqw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cant open that file. It says invalid stream or something.
Why?

Ashy  2002-11-01 14:08:17 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL....He doesn't mean load the file as in the video source box!
Use the 'Load' button in the TMPG main window and then navigate to your template folder and double click the 'unlock.mcf' template.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.