Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 12 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW6 I can’t get a blu ray to burn Richard Ward 0 2020-06-15 00:11:22
Request TVMW7 View edits and channel fade jxp 0 2020-06-03 05:19:29
Question TVMW7 will not install Bclune 2 2023-08-24 21:10:21
Question TAW6 Older TMPGend AW 4 help Needed Steven Bidelman 0 2020-06-01 22:52:29
Question TAW6 Simulation vs DVD Dean 0 2020-05-31 13:25:11
Question TVMW7 Placing an Audio gram on top of a video fwibbler 2 2020-09-02 18:30:45
Question TAW6 Menu: replace buttons/images with text? George 5 2020-05-06 20:07:58
Question TVMW7 Using mastering works on Gopro videos Ghost Rider 1 2020-04-24 13:03:26
Question TAW6 Replace source clip gordonmcdowell 1 2020-04-05 06:48:21
Question TVMW7 Replace Video with jpeg clip without losing original audio epicenter800 1 2020-04-10 04:44:05
Question TAW6 First Play video not playing on compiled DVD Good Knight 5 2020-07-27 14:07:45
Question TVMW7 Problems selecting clips David_O 0 2020-03-27 23:33:26

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 12 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW6 - I can’t get a blu ray to burn No.71488
Richard Ward  2020-06-15 00:11:22 ( ID:l8zwtmunjx. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have burned blu rays in the past with AW 5 and burn DVDs all the time with 6 and have no problem. Now I am trying to burn a blu ray. It goes through all the motions, then instead of burning the disc it asks me if I want to open the disc writer. Yes. Then after a few seconds it stops and gives me error 00000f7c. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Request - TVMW7 - View edits and channel fade No.71480
jxp  2020-06-03 05:19:29 ( ID:rdlzrzhzabk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using Video Mastering for years to do simple editing and encoding with great success.
I've just started a more complex project and have thought of two (hopefully simple) enhancements to improve the product.

* View Edits option. When you have several edits on a long clip it would be useful to view and change the edits. The Edit Menu could include a Show Edits option which would show the whole (unedited) clip with split points for each edit. The edits would be orange and the kept footage would be blue. (I realise the undo option is available, but this is only for the current session and only in order of the edits)
* Channel specific audio fade in/out. It would be nice to fade out certain channels (with more noise), but keep other channels. It would also be useful to be able to listen to the channels individually. At the moment this needs to be done in a separate application and re-attached as an extra clip

Question - TVMW7 - will not install No.71479
Bclune  Home )  2020-06-02 09:17:27 ( ID:zhk0ie/srmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After installing the program will not launch. Error message is; "The executable file is different from the original. there is a possible virus infection."

Uninstalled and reinstalled. no change.

system Windows 10, Eset Antivirus, carbon black cloud sensor

stimpy2k  2023-08-24 06:20:35 ( ID:wkysi8tiwcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.

I know this issue was from a while back, but were you ever able to find a solution? I'm suddenly receiving nearly the same message with TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer and haven't been able to find a fix.

Thanks.

longtimeuser  2023-08-24 21:10:21 ( ID:olnnrs6r9va )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As of this morning, I am also receiving the same error when I launch Smart Renderer 5. Difference is that my software has been installed for several years and was working as recently as yesterday. Virus scans show nothing wrong and I've not modified anything on my machine recently. Yesterday OK, today broken.

Question - TAW6 - Older TMPGend AW 4 help Needed No.71478
Steven Bidelman  2020-06-01 22:52:29 ( ID:vze6sxunvjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have not used this for 5 years. I created my own custom dvd's in the past (about 5 years ago).
I re-installed it last week, but unfortunately I am having trouble (the tutorials are not detailed enough) with the amount of data (I am using MP4 file sources) I wish to place on the discs.

How I did it in the past I do not remember, but I was able to successfully put more data ( ie.3hrs on a 4.7, and similarly more time on a 8.5) on the discs then they would actually hold.

I vaguely remember either/or changing the bitrates and maybe using dvd shrink.

I posted this at the AW 6 area to insure it would be read, as the forum for the AW4 hadn't been looked at in three years.

In summation, I am ok with all aspects except how to extend the data length on the discs. If somebody has a better tutorial, I would take the whole thing. The one that came with AW4 is not that great in addressing this problem.

Thanks,
Steve B.

Question - TAW6 - Simulation vs DVD No.71475
Dean  2020-05-31 13:25:11 ( ID:0cc.476orpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Pulling my hair out making a basic DVD with one top menu page with two menu choices to play one of two different video files. I have it all authored. When I check it on the simulation the curser controller works great. I can switch back and forth between each motion menu and select the video I want to watch and then watch it.

But when I burn the DVD, the curser doesn't work and it won't allow me to click on on either menu. I get nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Question - TVMW7 - Placing an Audio gram on top of a video No.71461
fwibbler  2020-04-22 23:10:17 ( ID:tpn.msd/lpa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Is it possible to place an Audiogram (I think thats what its called) on top of a video with TMPG Mastering works 7?
What would be the best way of doing it so it matches the audio of the movie?

Many thanks.
Graham

tkrave  2020-04-24 13:08:36 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not really sure what you mean about "audiogram" but you can put any audio file overlaid on a video track using the Timeline editing mode.

It works like layers in Photoshop, where you can put any audio/video on top of other audio/video files.

fwibbler  2020-09-02 18:30:45 ( ID:suiyff0hhbh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in replying.

I'm looking for a way to do achieve something like this youtube video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdcd9xdX8Jw

with the moving bars in time to the sound being played.
Cheers!
Graham

Question - TAW6 - Menu: replace buttons/images with text? No.71457
George  2020-04-21 03:56:23 ( ID:tk4atumv4xo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello everyone.

Title says all. I'd like to replace buttons (Chapter, Play etc.) with plain text, in order to use other languages for example. But it seems plain text cannot function as a Menu Link?

I've just created a "Note" page and it adds the 'Note' and 'Return' buttons. Am I stuck with images as buttons/links or is there a way to do this?

I guess I can export any text as image and import it into AW6 replacing whatever I like, but it's overkill.

George  2020-04-21 07:51:57 ( ID:tk4atumv4xo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One workaround I just thought of: replace the button image with a transparent gradation (using Source File Settings/Browse with Source Wizard) and then place the desired text on top of it.

Well... not a bad idea, but highlight colors are rendered useless this way I think. Back to the drawing board. Anyone?

George  2020-04-21 22:06:03 ( ID:tk4atumv4xo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've located a helpful answer by tkrave (text button style, link below). I'll try to work with that and see what happens. It's the first time I try a proper menu with Authoring Works. Its menu system was always confusing to me and very unattractive to use. It ultimately does have its logic though. Hopefully, more freedom will be given to the user in v7.

https://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbs/list/lang/en/board/TAW6/topic/70751#topic70751

tkrave  2020-04-24 13:13:27 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, sounds like Text buttons are the best choice for you.

The menu editor in Authoring Works has been something I've wanted updated for a long long long time. It's basically been the same since the first version I've used back in 2006! It really needs to be more customizable, where you can create your own pages and menu structure, place your own buttons and assign the appropriate function. The menu editor is the weakest part of the software in my opinion.

George  2020-05-04 08:02:38 ( ID:tk4atumv4xo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you, tkrave. I managed to create an acceptable menu, after the initial struggle. I guess it's not possible to combine both image AND text buttons.

Yes, I hope they finally put some real work on the Menu editor. I can't imagine what else is left to improve. Adding ready-made template packs and 8K/16K/32K/64K (I'll stop here...) video support is not really that exciting, or helpful any more.

George  2020-05-06 20:07:58 ( ID:8gpzkotiae6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

...and DTS support would be nice, but I guess we can forget about that.

Question - TVMW7 - Using mastering works on Gopro videos No.71456
Ghost Rider  2020-04-19 08:47:15 ( ID:j5vig.rzsum )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello forum members,

Last year I demoed and bought Video Authoring work 6 and today I am demoing Mastering works.

I make Goprp mountain bike videos. Mostly for myself I am looking to improve the video. I have a Gopro Hero 5 and I know upgrading to a hero 7 might be the biggest improvement. For the time being I am recording in 1080 at 60fps. I then opened and trimmed each file in VMW7 and ran the stabilizing filter at the default setting. I batch processed the analyzing processed. This is more of a test run. I did use the filter on one video to see if I could tell.

Can anyone give suggestions on other settings and filters that may improve my videos?

tkrave  2020-04-24 13:03:26 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's hard to say without seeing the source footage. There are some more artistic things you can do though, like adjusting the color balance to make colors pop more, or do black and white/sepia effects. There are quite a few filters that can create some neat effects like the glitch noise filter.

Remember that the default list of filters is not the full list; you can edit the list to see all of the filters available.

Question - TAW6 - Replace source clip No.71453
gordonmcdowell  Home )  2020-04-05 06:23:22 ( ID:auehrqlevdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've created a Blu-ray project but need to iterate the underlying source video file. Timecode and audio same, but a visual has been swapped.

How do I keep a clip the same (chapter breaks, associated captions) but swap in new MP4 source for it?

gordonmcdowell  Home )  2020-04-05 06:48:21 ( ID:auehrqlevdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Got it. Renamed the file then program let me search for a replacement.

Question - TVMW7 - Replace Video with jpeg clip without losing original audio No.71452
epicenter800  2020-04-05 05:03:04 ( ID:5nlqqa1rihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, is there a way to replace a few seconds of video with say a jpeg still without losing the audio from the video? I would like to use a title page while the audio from the video is playing and then fade into the original video display. Thanks!

tkrave  2020-04-10 04:44:05 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to Timeline mode and put your image(s) on a separate layer above your video.

Question - TAW6 - First Play video not playing on compiled DVD No.71450
Good Knight  2020-03-28 21:04:44 ( ID:kb1jb2p9edw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a DVD I'm trying to Author which needs to have a copyright video play at the beginning prior to the top menu.

I have imported this video as a First Play track. When I simulate the DVD in the TMPGEnc Auhoring Works it plays the copyright video correctly before the menu pops up. But in the final compiled DVD it just goes straight to the opening menu.

I can see the Copyright video has been burnt to the disk, as it is it's own VOB file, but it doesn't play.

I have tried all three of the different options for 'Play what on insert', nothing works.

I have even tried making it into a non firstplay track, just making it a regular video track and telling the software to play that first before going to a menu. Once again it plays correctly during simulation, but not on the compiled DVD.

Toussaint  Home )  2020-06-18 15:36:12 ( ID:u4619gxuoxn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello everyone,
I have exactly the same problem and reported it to support. This bug only affects DVD making, not Blu Ray making.

Toussaint  2020-06-29 15:45:58 ( ID:u4619gxuoxn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello everyone,

It seems that the FIRST PLAY is not used by many users. This is the reason why Pegasys cares so little about the crash that affects this software. The response from the support that I obtained (Given to another user) consists in modifying the setting of the First play by choosing in the video drop-down tab: "Encode All Video Streams as Below" does not bring any repair to this breakdown. The system does not burn the First Play, nor does it save it to the ISO image disc.
So Pegasys, at work if you want your software not to be discredited.

JNPSTUDIO  2020-07-12 00:36:35 ( ID:u4619gxuoxn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I have the same problem as Good Knight and Toussaint:

I did a Blu Ray project with a First Play, and then converted it onto DVD.
Then I created one image discs for each of them.

The Blu Ray image disc is read with VLC and the burned disc is read on my living room deck without any problem.
The First Play is played before the menu appears, which waits for an order.

On the other hand, the DVD image disc is played on VLC, but there is no First Play.
This is the menu that appears directly.

It is the same for the DVD burned and read on my living room deck: No First play, direct menu.

So I’m led to think that many TAW6 users don’t know what First Play is for. Generally, professionals use it as a warning on the prohibition to broadcast a work in a public place, except to expose themselves to legal recourse relating to the royalties for the musical works burned on the media.

For my part, the First Play is used to start my videos with my own logo of amateur videographer.

It’s very “Pro” and makes a big impact on my friends and family.

I contacted Pegasys TAW6 support to explain this problem to them, but it seems that they punted on the issue.

So will we be able to cherish the hope that Pegasys will seriously study this problem?

I hope so because I am convinced that this software is fabulous and that therefore it deserves to be up to what it can do so well elsewhere.

JN

uccsantu@aol.com  Home )  2020-07-27 14:02:08 ( ID:ijqo39z.2k2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After many essays that I did under the aegis of Pegasys, which came to my aid in a very cooperative way, I was led to find that TAW6 was not at issue on the problem of not playing The First Play on the DVDs made with this app.

Indeed, it is VLC that is involved since I do not know what update. The physical DVDs made with TAW4 and TAW6 are all readable with my living room player (Sony) with the First Play.

The time I noticed a problem not reading First Play on my lounge reader was due to the use of an incorrect encoding of the MPEG 2 master which instead of being in "Program Stream" was in "Elementary Stream"

I therefore withdraw all my comments regarding any defect of TAW6 which remains for me the best consumer authoring software on the market.

Toussaint  Home )  2020-07-27 14:07:45 ( ID:ijqo39z.2k2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After many essays that I did under the aegis of Pegasys, which came to my aid in a very cooperative way, I was led to find that TAW6 was not at issue on the problem of not playing The First Play on the DVDs made with this app.

Indeed, it is VLC that is involved since I do not know what update. The physical DVDs made with TAW4 and TAW6 are all readable with my living room player (Sony) with the First Play.

The time I noticed a problem not reading First Play on my lounge reader was due to the use of an incorrect encoding of the MPEG 2 master which instead of being in "Program Stream" was in "Elementary Stream"

I therefore withdraw all my comments regarding any defect of TAW6 which remains for me the best consumer authoring software on the market.

Question - TVMW7 - Problems selecting clips No.71449
David_O  2020-03-27 23:33:26 ( ID:ljwpphnefkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When working I sometimes have trouble selecting or adding another clip
The mouse click does not seem to obey !!
If I save and close prog, then load it again it will work correctly !

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.