TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 2 / 6 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question TESt BobD 0 2022-12-04 00:39:18
Question Exporting Single Chapter Alonzo Mosley 1 2022-10-16 00:07:06
Question nvidia Quicksync GUI access lionel 3 2022-11-18 23:19:43
Question Is it possible to combine/join files to 1? Dario 2 2022-12-04 11:51:37
Question File Naming victoriabears 0 2022-06-28 23:35:09
Question Tutorials Anywhere? LNEL108 0 2022-05-30 16:22:39
Question decode SHQ2 (NDI) video ? benoitm 4 2022-06-01 06:39:22
Question upgrade options scar69 3 2022-03-17 07:32:59
Question Quicktime 'present but unusable' - Help ! benoitm 2 2022-03-14 23:09:01
Question Best Format Settings For AVI To Mpeg2 Conversion Bruce 2 2022-07-22 15:33:02
Question nvidia new driver problem vignole 7 2022-08-18 20:02:25
Question Zoom-in and Zoom-out paulnapaca 0 2022-01-05 22:37:46

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 2 / 6 ]   Next > >>
Question - TESt No.71964
BobD  2022-12-04 00:39:18 ( ID:xuamkelj7wl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is this thing on?

Question - Exporting Single Chapter No.71946
Alonzo Mosley  2022-10-14 07:23:28 ( ID:y70fmr/swwk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Complete noob here.

I have a DVD that's been ripped to a HD. I want to export each individual chapter as its own media file.

I've opened the VIDEO_TS.IFO file in TMPG. TMPG inherited the chapter demarcations, so groovy.

Now what?

Do I have to delete every chapter but one, export, close everything, and repeat?

I can't find anything on the Google, and I'm having a hard time intuiting what to do.

Thanks for any guidance.

Kaito  2022-10-16 00:07:06 ( ID:tr65rfzysl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it's simple you have to do it like this:
where you have imported the DVD select chapter #01 at the top right press the right mouse button and select "Change all keyframe to split points" you will see that the chapters in the scroll bar turn blue and orange press the OK button and confirm with split in this way you will import all the chapters separately and not one at a time.

Question - nvidia Quicksync GUI access No.71941
lionel  2022-09-26 21:50:45 ( ID:i5is4mqjl5w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I have a nvidia rtx 3000 and do a few encoding. during encoding i don't see information that nvidia/cuda process is use (number stay at 0%).

Is there a way to configure nvidia card using TVMW7 GUI ?

Does TMW7 support Quicksync gpu inside CPU on motherboard that have HDMI/DP connector and BIOS to configure/enable it.Does Bios must enable HDMI port ?

Thank's

lionel  2022-09-26 21:59:11 ( ID:i5is4mqjl5w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was thinking using buying a pay software i ll have no issue with software driver !
IF pegasys don't maintain their software because of bug / issues ...it is really not professinonal fair.
I have install Pilot GeForce Game Ready 516.94
I hope update ll come for all last nvidia driver.

RIP nvidia now ... .RIP pegasys soon !!

regard's

Kaito  2022-09-27 22:26:57 ( ID:tr65rfzysl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 3080 and CUDA is working correctly
Have you changed in preferences / decoder which one you want to use?
For example H264 you have to put NVENC
Remember that CUDA only works if for that type of video file you are converting the CPU is slower than the GPU in encoding

Redz  2022-11-18 23:19:43 ( ID:3w72lqubacn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the Asus GeForce GTX 1650 with the Studio driver of 516.64
I have never gotten CUDA to work on H.264 or H.265 (HEVC) videos.

The setting mentioned under MPEG Settings => Decoder is not called NVENC but NVDEC.
But even setting all to NVDEC changes nothing on my Windows 10 computer.
I was only able to use CUDA on my old Windows 7 computer, which had a much older GPU from Asus and used a much earlier Gameready driver.

But i have learned to live with it that CUDA will not work, i then just leave the computer alone when it output videos much slower using the CPU only.
Its also OK with that Ryzen 5 5600X with the additional 64 GB of Fury Beast RGB RAM i have.

Question - Is it possible to combine/join files to 1? No.71931
Dario  2022-09-02 21:21:42 ( ID:wfokgl.pj06 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have 2 video files whom I would like to combine/join together as one. (the first clip following the other). Is it possible to do that?

(I´ve tried in both normal and timeline mode)

Big thanks in advance.

Redz  2022-09-05 09:16:31 ( ID:2oiuxu6k.aj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sure, but the result won't look too pretty, because it can be clearly seen and many times also be heard in the audio where they have been joined together, so there i honestly don't suggest TVMW7 specifically for this sort of work.

There you are better off using an actual video studio instead, where there is the ability to create a much better flowing crossfading between the two clips.

If we are talking about two videos that looks like as if they once actually used to be one video but then has been split in to two by some one, then there you are better off using VideoReDo TVSuite 6 to re-join those two clips, because it does that extremely precisely.
That one is also a gods gift for those who record television and want to get rid of all those pesky commercial breaks.

BobD  2022-12-04 11:51:37 ( ID:xuamkelj7wl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is easy to do. Just put a short transition such as a crossfade between the two clips, or you could even just make a short color matte clip to put between them if you would prefer and put transitions in between each clip. Also, you will need to set the 'Output Mode' setting in the Format screen to "Connect Clips into One (or One Set) so that all the clips are joined together. Hope this helps.

Question - File Naming No.71920
victoriabears  2022-06-28 23:35:09 ( ID:1vwdsmghbia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When dragging a dvd into mastering works 7, all it does is name the individual episodes title 1 etc, is there anyway the software can bring in the name of the series etc. Thanks very much for any input

Question - Tutorials Anywhere? No.71914
LNEL108  2022-05-30 16:22:39 ( ID:vhsdggi1rz2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are there any tutorials for this software available anywhere? I've seen the help files at help.pegasys-inc.com, but they are pretty cryptic. I really need something with more explanation, advice as to best settings, etc. For example, for color correction and stablization.

Thanks!

Question - decode SHQ2 (NDI) video ? No.71899
benoitm  2022-04-03 22:44:00 ( ID:/.5aurbh8to )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some MOV files which are recorded with NDI Tools 5
The codec is SHQ2 and can be played by VLC
Is there a way to add the codec to the list of codecs TVMW can decode ?
Despite NDI Tools 5 being installed on this machine, TVMW only see the audio track in the MOV file...

Sampei  2022-04-10 23:00:07 ( ID:ilslssqgbih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try doing this attempt
1- Install K-Lite Codec Pack
2- Start Mastering Works
2- Deselection in the preferences "File Reader Setting" all codecs and leave Active DirectShow File Reader
3- Restart the program and try if it works
This is the only way that remains to digest unrecognized video files
At the end of the work, remember to activate the deselected codecs check

benoitm  2022-04-14 22:37:36 ( ID:/.5aurbh8to )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That worked !
Thanks
(hopefully K-Lite hasn't messed up too much other video-related software tools & codecs on my system...the installation config screens were pretty long & complex, I disabled as much as I felt necessary...crossing fingers.)

Sampei  2022-04-15 22:33:49 ( ID:ilslssqgbih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

do not worry are additional codecs do not affect those already installed

Redz  2022-06-01 06:39:22 ( ID:2oiuxu6k.aj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One suggestion though also for others:
During setup of the LAV Splitter, make sure to do these settings:

Subtitle Selection Mode: No Subtitles

Blu-ray Subtitles (PGS):
Remove marker at Enable Automatic Forced Subtitle Stream

This will prevent that you get some pretty huge forced subtitles showing up in the image, also when working with MKV files that contains SRT or PGS subs.

In cases when wanting forced subs on video, such as for the foreign spoken parts, there its much better to use TVMW7's own subtitle tool to import the subs, which gives entirely free hands to work with the subs.

Question - upgrade options No.71877
scar69  2022-03-15 15:58:07 ( ID:yozq7mrvava )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I currently have VMW6 installed on my pc and most often encode with cuda on my 1080ti. For the most part it works ok though I do notice my system seems to lag and slow down after using MW6 and a system restart solves this. I'm assuming this issue is related to drivers. I was considering upgrading to MW7 (hoping this would fix my issue) until I saw a few of the posts here that some users are still having problems with nvidia gpus and drivers. I'm curious if VMW7 works better with the new RX6000 series of gpus from AMD? I'm most likely going to hold off until the next gen gpus release later this year but I'm hoping to get some feedback from users who encode with either red or green.

#1 - Radeon or Geforce? What works best for gpu encoding with VMW7?
#2 - Will I notice shorter encoding times if I upgrade from my 1080ti to a 3080ti or 4080ti? Or higher end RX6800 or 6900?
#3 - I know vram is important and my current gpu has 11gb, would it be noticeable if my new card only had 8gb?

Thanks!

Redz  2022-03-16 00:00:25 ( ID:2oiuxu6k.aj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't put your hopes too high on brand new series of GPU's being released later here in 2022, because they could be a whole lot more expensive than usual.
There is still a severe shortage on chips and the prices on current produced hardware is increasing.

But GeForce will still be the better choice due to being supported, Radeon is to my knowledge from earlier versions of of both VMW and TAW not supported, one reason why i got rid of the Radeon i once had and put my focus on GeForce instead.

The rest you ask about i don't really know much about, other than the more powerful CPU, RAM and GPU (GeForce) you have, the better it is in VMW and TAW when encoding.

Redz  2022-03-16 00:12:50 ( ID:2oiuxu6k.aj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I meant to say about Radeon support, that it has never have been supported in VMW and TAW.
(was not allowed to edit it in the other message)
So GeForce is the better choice due to the CUDA being supported.

scar69  2022-03-17 07:32:59 ( ID:yozq7mrvava )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply Redz.

Question - Quicktime 'present but unusable' - Help ! No.71871
benoitm  2022-03-07 01:45:39 ( ID:/.5aurbh8to )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have these apps on my system:

TVMW7
Apple Quicktime 7.7.9
Avdc Codec pack (for DNxHD support)

In the Input/output Format List, TVMW7 reports that Quicktime is "present but unusable". Excuse me ??? Why is that ??? I can't view DNxHD video streams in my MOV files !!!!

How do I fix this ?
Please help !

vignole  2022-03-12 19:23:46 ( ID:zprdjesztt. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try unchecking all codecs leaving only Quicktime active and see if it works.
If it does not work, install the LAV filter, start the PC and select only DirectShow file reader as above, unchecking all the others and leaving only the latter active

benoitm  2022-03-14 23:09:01 ( ID:/.5aurbh8to )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Uninstalled then reinstalled QuickTime 7.7.9
All ok now, thanks for the hints

Question - Best Format Settings For AVI To Mpeg2 Conversion No.71865
Bruce  2022-02-22 06:01:38 ( ID:na/uyioecf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just purchased (Master Works 7) to be used for converting interlaced AVI files to Mpeg-2 and need help using the settings. I tried using the internal help option, but it doesn't always give descriptions, enough details and some of it seems contradicting. I need to know the optimal settings that I should use in (Format mode) to get the best possible picture quality. I don't care how large the final file size will be or how long the encoding process takes.
I will be using the (Generic Mpeg File Output) and I'm limited to the (Standard Encoder).

Screen shots are a must when asking questions about software.
Are there any other Pegasy forums available that allow you to post screen shots?

Thank you,
Bruce

vignole  2022-03-17 00:05:12 ( ID:zprdjesztt. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Usually AVI files are in mpeg 4 so you go to reduce the quality if you convert them to mpeg 2.
It is better for you to have a better quality to convert them to MP4 (h264) or (h265) and you choose the bitrate to use the higher the quality and the better it is important that the source files are of good quality.
On the other hand, if you decide you want to convert them to mpeg 2 the maximum bitrate and 8,000 Mbps a higher bitrate does not affect the output quality of the video much.

Bruce  2022-03-22 03:19:03 ( ID:na/uyioecf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Converting AVI to Mpeg4 totally ruins the picture quality because Mpeg4 uses way too much compression.
8,000 Mbps is normally used when encoding to DVD because of the DVD size limitations. I'm formatting to Mpeg-2(file) and I want to use the least amount of compression, I don't care about how large the finished files will be, they are being stored on a 4TB HDD and played thru an Oppo UDP-203 player.
So far I've been experimenting with the VBR (Constant Quality) for the (Rate Control Mode)and setting the Bitrate to 15,000 and Quality to 100. When playing the finished file it shows the video bitrate being used as right around 13,000. If it's actually using 13,000 with very little scene movement then I would think formatting the files using 15,000 should be just just right.
Do you actually own Master Works 7?

Question - nvidia new driver problem No.71857
vignole  2022-02-10 19:09:51 ( ID:zprdjesztt. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After updating the nvdia driver for rtx 2080 super video card from version 472.84 to version 511.65, enconding with cuda activated and passed from 8 minutes to 13 minutes with a 40 minute video file at 1080p 25fps I had to restore the 472.84 driver to decrease this duration .
I have windows 11 running

vignole  2022-02-10 19:35:19 ( ID:zprdjesztt. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

p.s.
The problem arises with all versions after 472.84
thank you

Redz  2022-02-11 03:24:36 ( ID:2oiuxu6k.aj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

With my recent purchased Asus GT1030-2G-BRK using 473.04 for Windows 7 64-bit, CUDA does not even work.
CUDA is stuck at 0.0% when encoding.
So that is one that also can be written to the bugs list of haing faulty CUDA.

Luckily i could dig up the 471.68 on Asus's site instead, so hopefully that one will work a lot better when i come around to installing that one instead.

Redz  2022-02-11 03:28:00 ( ID:2oiuxu6k.aj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Forgot to mention that i upgraded to that one from an older Asus NVIDIA card and there CUDA worked just fine with the driver for that one.

vignole  2022-02-11 22:43:38 ( ID:zprdjesztt. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is not a video card problem but of the new NVIDIA drivers that do not work correctly with Mastering Works I hope that with a software update they will solve it.In the meantime I use the old driver since with the new ones the rendering time has increased by about a third.

Redz  2022-02-12 10:52:47 ( ID:2oiuxu6k.aj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The 471.68 drivers did also not work.

I have returned back to my old GTX 650 with the 457.30 drivers for that one.
At first it did also not work, i had to do a pretty hard cleaning of left overs that seemed to still be left and also do a heavy claining of the registry.

Then i used the optimizer again in TVMW7, shut TVMW7 down and ran it again.
CUDA began working again as it used to before this whole mess, so i will stick to my old GTX 650 for now.

Redz  2022-08-18 19:49:45 ( ID:2oiuxu6k.aj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Now the CUDA is completely dead.

I got my self a new much faster Windows 10 Pro machine and put an Asus GeForce GTX 1650 Phoenix OC in it and no matter what driver i have tested for it before 472.84 works, nor the latest ones, where i tested both Studio and Game Ready drivers.

I honestly believe its Pegasys' own softwares TVMW7 and TAW6 which has a serious bug in their CUDA support that they have to get fixed and not NVIDIA that has to fix something to their drivers.
I have zero problems with CUDA support in something like DVDFab 12 and Topaz Video Enhancer AI, they run full speed ahead on using CUDA.

As long Pegasys don't wan't to realize that they have a problem and fix their CUDA support, then its R.I.P. with the CUDA in all their softwares.

DT125R  2022-08-18 20:02:25 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Now the CUDA is completely dead.
>
>I got my self a new much faster Windows 10 Pro machine and put an Asus GeForce GTX 1650 Phoenix OC in it and no matter what driver i have tested for it before 472.84 works, nor the latest ones, where i tested both Studio and Game Ready drivers.
>
>I honestly believe its Pegasys' own softwares TVMW7 and TAW6 which has a serious bug in their CUDA support that they have to get fixed and not NVIDIA that has to fix something to their drivers.
>I have zero problems with CUDA support in something like DVDFab 12 and Topaz Video Enhancer AI, they run full speed ahead on using CUDA.
>
>As long Pegasys don't wan't to realize that they have a problem and fix their CUDA support, then its R.I.P. with the CUDA in all their softwares.

The CUDA is only used when the benchmark results indicate that it outperforms the CPU in processing. You should be able to confirm that it works by applying heavy filters such as Precision Noise Filter at maximum.

Question - Zoom-in and Zoom-out No.71843
paulnapaca  2022-01-05 22:37:46 ( ID:bcb96fqicoh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm just trying to find out how to use Video Mastering Works to zoom-in or zoom-out within a video clip. Currently, I have to use my Corel VideoStudio's "pan and zoom" filter to zoom-in or zoom-out on segments of the video that I am editing but I would rather use Video Mastering Works for all of my video editing.

I've checked the Help documentation, the FAQs, and tried Googling it but I can't find any instructions for zooming-in or out in Video Mastering Works.

Does Video Mastering Works have a zoom function for video editing and, if it does, can you give me instructions on how to do it?

Thanks!

Paul

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.