TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] [ 1 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Improving VHS Quality RichardP 0 2024-02-01 03:22:43
Question Stopped working today TGC 3 2023-08-25 00:32:17
Question Speed Filter not enabling gstraub 0 2021-11-03 04:17:21
Question Path of a file ***.tvmw herve 0 2021-08-06 08:29:02
Request Path of a file ***.tvmw herve 0 2021-08-06 08:28:07
Question Thumbnails generation is very slow matroX 1 2019-02-06 18:23:52
Question Error during using cut-edit Ockel1 1 2018-07-29 07:55:16
Question Edit audio kriper 1 2018-05-23 12:43:10
Question Crashing while encoding thehobster 1 2017-08-10 20:47:19
Question how to encode part of the timeline avidesh 1 2017-05-19 13:13:17
Question AVI file import fails, force DirectShow OK - what happened ? benoitm 0 2017-02-27 17:59:52
Question Audio video syc lost when playing on a dvd player gstraub 0 2017-02-12 06:25:00

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] [ 1 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Question - Improving VHS Quality No.72306
RichardP  2024-02-01 03:22:43 ( ID:jdaz8kwplq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi All,
I do hope that someone can help with the following.
I have a few video tapes that I am looking to put onto DVD. I have the ability to record them to my blu ray recorder settop box and then place onto DVD.
I have the Mastering Works 5 and I am then looking to see if there is any such method/filtering that would help with improving quality and small drop outs from time to time.
I know that there are a number of filters to select from and also you would need to know a bit about what each filter can do.
Has anyone else completed such a task and has there been any such general rule of thumb with which filters to use and what settings to set them to?
If anyone can provide an idea as to what they have done as a standard to which I can work from would be great.
Many thanks,
Richard

Question - Stopped working today No.72110
TGC  2023-08-23 13:23:42 ( ID:rtg6km6avvn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cannot get this program to open any longer, and I know it is not on my end, because I use it on all 3 of my PCs, and all of a sudden, I get the error "The executable file is different from the original" -

I have redownloaded it from my product download login, and it is the same thing. I don't care whether you support it or not, if you require the program to contact you every time it is open to use it, then you need to fix it when you mess it up as I have paid for it. I didn't pay for it to just work for a couple of years then break. I just bought your Video Mastering works 7 this week, so please support your paying customer who gives you his money. Why is my program not working?

stimpy2k  2023-08-23 21:58:51 ( ID:wkysi8tiwcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having this exact same issue, with TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5. It was working just a couple days ago, and now I'm getting the message "The executable file is different from the original.(0)"

I tried reaching out to support to let them know, but because I'm using version 5, and they literally check your serial number before you can even send them a message, I have no way to contact them!

Like you, I already tried uninstalling/reinstalling and such. Also, like you, I feel that it's fine if they don't to provide ongoing technical support forever, but if they make their software phone home just to open, then they at least need to keep that running! It's silly to think that software you purchased will just arbitrarily get bricked one day because a server somewhere went offline or something. This is crazy! I have work I'm trying to get done!

longtimeuser  2023-08-24 21:11:15 ( ID:olnnrs6r9va )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As of this morning, I am also receiving the same error when I launch Smart Renderer 5. Difference is that my software has been installed for several years and was working as recently as yesterday. Virus scans show nothing wrong and I've not modified anything on my machine recently. Yesterday OK, today broken.

stimpy2k  2023-08-25 00:32:17 ( ID:rvc5r/0flnm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

They have posted an update on this. See below...
https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/information/info_20230823.html

Question - Speed Filter not enabling No.71808
gstraub  2021-11-03 04:17:21 ( ID:mjsfs3y0w2l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My Speed control filter is not working. I cannot get the "enable" box to permit me to turn the filter on. I have used Mastering Works 5 for years, and the speed control has never been a problem.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks very much.

Question - Path of a file ***.tvmw No.71779
herve  2021-08-06 08:29:02 ( ID:mmg9qneqej6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, my question is not specifically for TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5, but it is for ***. tvmw files used to save a video montage. How to make valid again a ***. Tvmw file saved in a folder but which has since been renamed or moved (the videos used for video editing are still present in this folder).
Videos + file ***. Tvmw are in the same folder but since the folder has been renamed ***. Tvmw can't find them and I don't know what the name of the original folder was at the time *** .tvmw was created.
Thanks for your help.

Request - Path of a file ***.tvmw No.71778
herve  2021-08-06 08:28:07 ( ID:mmg9qneqej6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, my question is not specifically for TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5, but it is for ***. tvmw files used to save a video montage. How to make valid again a ***. Tvmw file saved in a folder but which has since been renamed or moved (the videos used for video editing are still present in this folder).
Videos + file ***. Tvmw are in the same folder but since the folder has been renamed ***. Tvmw can't find them and I don't know what the name of the original folder was at the time *** .tvmw was created.
Thanks for your help.

Question - Thumbnails generation is very slow No.71203
matroX  2019-02-05 01:07:39 ( ID:7duvg/uidw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.

When I'm in 'cut' of video file, I suffer from long time to load thumbnails in seek section. When I jump into some point in video, it takes 5-15 seconds for thumbnails to appear. That siginficantly slows down work. Changing time of thumbnails distance doesn't accect. Once I scrolled through video, thumbnails are generated and it's fast. So I would even like to have them generated it production tool or so, so when I start working with clip I already have them.

Are there some factors to change, to make that faster? I have to seek a lot through long file it really affects me.

I see that during seeking, while thumbnails are generated, CPU is loaded signigicantly, 4 cores at 40-50%. Once thumbnails are generated, CPU load goes down. I tried to use GPU/Intel video decoding, but it didn't change anything.

I created RAID0 array from SSDs, to have huge read/write time but it didn't help.

Interesting is that when I jump into somewhere in the file, in preview section I immediately get image, so I assume this can be done almost 'online'. The same I would like to have in thumbnails.

I tried this wit several different input sources and it's the same.

Is there something I can do?

My system is Xeon E5-1620, 16GB RAM, GTX1080.

tkrave  2019-02-06 18:23:52 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried increasing the Thumbnail Cache Size in the preferences? Maybe it will help. It's in Preferences--> Clip Editing.

Question - Error during using cut-edit No.71039
Ockel1  2018-06-19 21:06:03 ( ID:9qnvy3qku0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use Video Mastering Works 5. Since few days i get the error when i push the button cut-edit:

"Floating Point number divided by 0."

What is wrong now? I didn´t change anything.

Ockel

panzk  2018-07-29 07:55:16 ( ID:ofvraxpcswf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get the same situation. And there is no way out yet.
Only it goes normal after reinstall the windows 10 system!
Then a few days later, this happen again!!!

"Floating Point number divided by 0"

Last hope to find a answer here!

Pan

Question - Edit audio No.71031
kriper  2018-05-21 21:05:54 ( ID:x9zu.i.zqqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to edit a seperate audiofile that I have added to a projekt.
I can't figure out how to do it. Can it be done??
Thankful for a tutorial.

tkrave  2018-05-23 12:43:10 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Audio files can be edited just like video files in the clip editor.
When in the Edit stage of the program, double-click your audio file to open the clip editor.
If you added the audio file to a video file, it should be edited along with the video.

Timeline mode might be what you want if you just want to edit the audio without editing the video.
Put the audio file on a separate layer above or below the video file layer. Double-click the audio file to edit it. Be aware that you will probably need to adjust the length of the audio file if it is longer or shorter than the video. If it is longer than the video, the video will repeat the last frame for the left over audio.

Question - Crashing while encoding No.70826
thehobster  2017-08-01 23:14:34 ( ID:sm/lzioizjj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had to reload Windows 10 last week and reinstall. Today I'm seeing a crash while encoding:

An error occurred communicating with the output process (6)
Exception Code: 0xc0000005
Faulting Address: 0x539f9ee6
Faulting Module: MovieMPEG.vme (Base address 0x53760000)
Additional Information 1: 0x00000000
Additional Information 2: 0x00000018

I did open a support ticket, but I thought I'd paste here in case someone has something easy to try/change. Since used it work on the same hardware, I'm assuming it's related to a change in the environment. I'm looking for some ideas on where to look since it's a new OS load.

Persen  2017-08-10 20:47:19 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download Revo Uninstaller Free and use that one to uninstall TVMW5, because it also takes care of any left overs that might still be lurking with out your knowledge.
https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

As an extra precaution, you can also download CCleaner Free and set than one to scan your registry afterwards, which might still be leading to TVMW5 and its MovieMPEG.vme, which after all was completely revoved by using Revo.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Using these two in combination should get completely rid of any traces of TVMW5, so you can do an actual 100% clean fresh instal of it again.

Question - how to encode part of the timeline No.70701
avidesh  2017-05-04 01:15:12 ( ID:ciousxmesrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I have edited a long sequence of videos in timeline mode. However I would like to generate multiple videos from the single timeline instead of one. How can I do that?

tkrave  2017-05-19 13:13:17 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I usually make a duplicate layer, then edit any changes/differences I want. Then, I enter "Single mode" to select the layer I want to output (click the "S" button for the layer), then output.

To duplicate your layer, you'll have to select all the clips in the layer, make a new layer, then paste the clips into the new layer.

Question - AVI file import fails, force DirectShow OK - what happened ? No.70628
benoitm  2017-02-27 17:59:52 ( ID:7gl.ipsdl4a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This morning when I wanted to transcode a file using TVMW5, I got a green screen in the video preview: impossible to read the file. Until yesterday everything was working OK. Nothing happened in the system happened since (software updates, etc.) !
The "offending" files are .AVI encoded with Matrox I-Frame MPEG2 codec ("M701") and play just fine with a.o. Windows Media Player 12. There maybe other AVI codecs that yield the same result, but I haven't tested.
The same problem occurs when I try to open the file with TAW5.
The workaround found is to force DirectShow File reader, instead of leaving the default autoselected AVI File reader.

What's wrong ?
Where's the problem: a codec issue at OS level ? Should I reinstall the Matrox apps & codec ? (But the Matrox apps, as well as WMP12, can still properly play the fles)
A corruption of TMPGEnc apps ? But the problem is the same for TVMW, TAW, why ???

Is there any downside in using the DirectShow File reader vs. the AVI File reader (performance, quality ?) - platform is Win7 SP1

Question - Audio video syc lost when playing on a dvd player No.70613
gstraub  2017-02-12 06:25:00 ( ID:fjsyaxxnyoh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Once an mpeg is encoded, the audio video sync goes off by 1/2 second when playback is from a DVD player. Playback on the computer is just fine, but the sync is lost when the file is played on a player. This is a new development. It has worked just fine for years. Until now. I suspect I have inadvertently changed a setting when I'm at the formatting step. I know how to adjust the sync before encoding, but then the resulting file will work on the player and not on the computer. Please help!!!

GS

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.