TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 26 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Encode from MTS file to DVD file. ed 1 2012-01-28 15:21:14
Request More BLU-ray compliant presets benoitm 7 2012-01-20 05:34:37
Question TMPGEnc VMW5 codes in 3 times more slowly TMPGEnc 4 Express videorad 0 2012-01-06 17:44:18
Bug report Playing inport file from my HD camcorder Wayneation 0 2012-01-06 09:19:22
Free talk DivX encoder much better! IntelliMoo 0 2012-01-04 02:23:08
Question Error starting Mastering Works holger.hatke@hotmail.de 2 2013-10-07 01:16:23
Free talk Contour ShuttlePRO v2 profile wolfpackmars2 1 2019-02-11 10:44:30
Bug report Output format myname 4 2012-01-22 08:08:08
Question Going from trial version to full version Bob 1 2011-12-20 05:36:45
Question PAL DVD output: 720 or 704 x 576 benoitm 1 2013-04-10 18:28:05
Question Installing TMPG version 5.1.1.52 Jamaine 1 2011-12-13 06:30:49
Question VC-1 Not a Processable Video? VikingCrown 7 2011-12-29 03:15:51

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 26 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Question - Encode from MTS file to DVD file. No.65620
ed  2012-01-11 05:55:54 ( ID:0oxsafkn5xh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok guys i have 1920x1080 MTS and convertint to dvd file and i get black line or left & right..
Is this normal to TVMW5 or I'm missing somthing on settings..

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7159/capturelka.png

Only TVMW5 convert with black line.
I use another software no problem..

Thank you
ED

ed  2012-01-28 15:21:14 ( ID:.i0hpgrbhxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I find on my way how to edit & conver HD file to SD..
Look video how I did it my be someone like me was suffering how to converte with black borders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMTgewxNdmI

Request - More BLU-ray compliant presets No.65616
benoitm  2012-01-10 00:01:11 ( ID:tcqhceekqpw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please add more Blu-ray compliant presets.

Despite the (few) comments about this in this forum, I haven't been able to create Blu-ray compliant video using X264 (MPEG4 AVC) or VC1 (WMV9 AP).

So please add Blu-Ray compliant settings using:
x264 (MPEG4 AVC)
and/or
VC1 elementary stream

Thank you !

Note if anyone has MPEG4 AVC (x264) settings that can be successfully authored for Blu-ray without further transcoding, please reply here !

tkrave  2012-01-10 03:19:27 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

From the TMPGEnc facebook page:

"You can try outputting the video stream with the H.264 output format (video only) and then a separate encode for the audio stream using the Dolby Digital output format, then mux the two streams into a MPEG-2 transport stream with the MPEG Tools."

Basically, the h.264 template does not output a compliant audio stream, which is why it can't make a fully compliant BD file. The video stream itself is fine though, so it's simply a matter of creating compliant video and audio streams and then muxing them together. A user on the facebook page confirmed this to work.

benoitm  2012-01-10 20:21:08 ( ID:4uvytszflrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks,

Unfortunately, this does not work with Avid DVD 6.x (oem version of DVDit Pro HD): the video is imported fine, but it gets transcoded by the app (it does so whenever it decides the video is not compliant)

Not being on Facebook, I wonder if someone had success importing H264 video created by TVMW5 in DVDit Pro HD or any other Sonic authoring app ?

tkrave  2012-01-11 03:24:59 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

They were using DVD Architect Pro. Are you sure you set up the video stream properly?

benoitm  2012-01-11 06:32:34 ( ID:4uvytszflrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good question

What things should I change from the default MP4/AVC settings (beside bitrate) to create BD compliant video stream with TVMW5 ?
Avid DVD / Sonic DVDit Pro is very picky about what it accepts without transcoding

tkrave  2012-01-13 04:12:03 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Take a look at these settings:
http://sites.google.com/site/x264bluray/home

You may also want to look at these simple constraints (resolution, framerate, aspect ratios):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray#Video

benoitm  2012-01-19 18:24:43 ( ID:4uvytszflrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://sites.google.com/site/x264bluray/home
OK, but how do I enter command line options like "--bluray-compat" using TVMW5 ??

tkrave  2012-01-20 05:34:37 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know if command line is possible in TVMW5...if it is, I've never used it so I can't say anything about it.

I would start with a short clip, a couple seconds long, and start with just the basic blu-ray compliant settings shown in the Wikipedia article. Make sure it's a proper Blu-ray resolution, framerate and bitrate. Output as video only, no audio. See if Avid likes it.

If not, start looking at the more detailed settings from the google link. In TVMW5, switch to "MPEG output" mode to access the Advanced settings tab. There, you'll find some of the settings that correlate to the ones in that link.

Question - TMPGEnc VMW5 codes in 3 times more slowly TMPGEnc 4 Express No.65603
videorad  Home )  2012-01-06 17:44:18 ( ID:53ju/t.ht92 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why TMGEnc VideoMastering Works 5 codes avi, - mpeg, - DivX, - HDV, - AVCHD - video files and etc. in HDV and Blu-ray formats in 3 times more slowly, than TMPGEnc 4 Express. It occurs and to application of plug-in SpursEngine under payment Canopus Firecoder Blu.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Почему TMGEnc VideoMastering Works 5 кодирует avi,- mpeg,- DivX,- HDV,- AVCHD -видеофайлы и т. д. в HDV и Blu-ray форматы в 3 раза медленнее, чем TMPGEnc 4 Express. Это происходит и с применением плагина SpursEngine под плату Canopus Firecoder Blu.

Bug report - Playing inport file from my HD camcorder No.65601
Wayneation  2012-01-06 09:19:22 ( ID:c2ob0.ovb2m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a small problem while editing my movie I choose subtitles english so i will get the time and date stamp on my movie. When i edit my movie from my SD card the first few minutes i ply the file and the time and date stamp appear after a few minutes the time and date stamp diappear is this a fault in the software or are there some settings i am missing so it will play through the entire movie?

Free talk - DivX encoder much better! No.65573
IntelliMoo  2012-01-04 02:23:08 ( ID:0ed1isrxiqn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just want to shout out to Pegasys for greatly improving the DivX encoder performance in TVMW5! The DivX encoder was HORRENDOUSLY slow in Xpress4 and I just couldn't use it. Now with TVMW5 I can finally get rid of the extra xvid codec I was using on Win7!

The upgrade price was a little steep in my opinion, but so far it's turning out to be a worthy update to the best video encoder around today.

Question - Error starting Mastering Works No.65566
holger.hatke@hotmail.de  2012-01-03 00:41:38 ( ID:mm0kcwgeiwf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

I'm using TMPEGEnc 4 Xpress for about 3 years now. Now I got a new Laptop (Win7 x64, all Updates, all the newest drivers, INTEL and nVida card installed) which has CUDA 2.1 Capability (before only 2.0).

Memory-Test (memTest), HDD-Test (HD-Tune), CUDA test (Cuda-Z), CPU test (CPUZ) and system itself did't show any errors at all. All tests are passing succefully. Detailed test sheets available. Performance is great, Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop CS5(x64) are doing great. No errors/BSOD/limits during normal work.

But with TPEGEnc Xpress 4 (newest)and (just bought it today) Video Mastering Works 5 (newest) I got serveral error messages and the programs do not start at all. Not even if I set to start with admin, with GPU choice (nVidia or INTEL) or any other WinXp like compatibility mode. The errors ar alike and reproducable. Pics available.

Both programs say:
0. Initializing program, checking licence ...

1. Close program.

2. EAccessViolation in module TMPEGEncVMW5.exe/177C99E9 Reading error occured in adress 177CA9E9 at adress 177CA9E9.

3. FastMM has detected a GetMem call after FastMM was uninstalled.

Program stays resident as a task as you can check in the task manager.

I am a IT pro but I don't know what to do or check now. Can you help me to make this work?

My best regrads,
HH

My system:
Software name:
TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5

Software version:

Your telephone number:

Windows 7 64-bit Version
CPU:
i5 2410M
CUDA function:
Enabled
RAM size:
Memory size unit:
MB
Hard disc free space available:
Hard disc size unit:
GB
File system:
NTFS
DirectX version:
Software player name or DVD-Video player deck model:
VLC, Winamp, Windows Media Player, Power DVD 11 Software

holger.hatke@hotmail.de  2012-01-03 07:10:17 ( ID:97zobhzgql. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The simple answer to that problem was: Apple Quicktime Player wasn't installed. After installing QuickTime it worked rght away.

LMW  2013-10-07 01:16:23 ( ID:bpx/vqyyo7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since this is a continuing problem and no one has responded, I thought I would provide what I did to resolve this. After installing the application, right click the shortcut to run the app and choose to Troubleshoot Compatibility, then select Troubleshoot program (not apply recommended), then select The program requires additional permissions, click next and start the program, select next, and say Yes, save settings. This seem like an odd problem as I have plenty of apps that just prompt for permission then run, but this one prompts and then still won't run unless you make this change to settings.

Free talk - Contour ShuttlePRO v2 profile No.65564
wolfpackmars2  2012-01-01 16:11:52 ( ID:elhzt9mhtb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I created a profile for the ShuttlePRO v2 which can be used in cut-edit mode. It has been created/tested/optimized for editing MPEG-2 video (DVD quality). It may not be optimal for full HD editing (that is, keystroke frequency may yield better results at different values for HD editing). Also, the HDD speed, ram, CPU etc may affect the responsiveness of this profile.

Test and tweak as you see fit.

This is tested/created for TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5.

KeyMap here: http://files.idatasys.net/TMPGEncVMW5.html
Profile here: http://files.idatasys.net/TMPGEncVMW5.pref

PasserBy  2019-02-11 10:44:30 ( ID:npdjymofrqc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The links are no longer valid. Would the OP (or whoever can help) please upload the same to a cloud space somewhere?

Thank you for your attention in advance.

Bug report - Output format No.65562
myname  2011-12-31 22:11:55 ( ID:dueksxffuel )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when checking the video file exported, under properties i find that a film input as PAL is output as NTSC with a 25fps(when checking the properties information) from a technical standpoint, this is not possible. PAl is 25fps and NTSC is 24fps or 30fps (rounding up, of course). we don't change anything regarding the file that has been input except for the output resolution, could this be the 'problem' but even if we don't change this the video file is output as NTSC.

tkrave  2012-01-04 04:51:08 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you explain in more detail what settings you are using for your output format?

myname  2012-01-05 05:20:15 ( ID:vryf8bnbk.j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc has a template for MP4 with the x264 codec. I use this template.

Basically I import a PAL film. I select this template and adjust the bitrate, audio settings and select pixel aspect ratio and adjust B-frames to my preferences. All of which have nothing to do with NTSC.

The film is imported as 720X576 25fps. When I import the file the properties are 100% correct. Then I encode the file. When I look at the media info in VLC it says the file is 25fps NTSC.

I have tried emailing customer service. The person suggested I download the update from October. But it has the same problem.

When I select the MPG preset they provide and then select 'MP4' and go into the advance settings and select 'PAL' then I don't have this problem.

But with the MP4 preset there is no tab for 'advance setting.' And I only figured out this run-around myself. But I've already encoded a film using the MP4 preset and I would hate to have to re-encode it.

tkrave  2012-01-06 05:00:12 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, if you really want that PAL tag then you will have to re-encode it.

How necessary is it for you for it read as PAL? What are you going to be playing the video on?

KEVIN J GAUNT  2012-01-22 08:08:08 ( ID:e9m6bhblyfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes I've just found the same as you about not exporting in pal mpeg-4 under the 720p(1280x720) at 25 frames.I need Pal for moving between different editing programs with a choice of either Avi or Mpeg-4.Its not to do with authoring dvds or blu-rays until the final renderings are done.I have found that going to the tmpgenc japan site and turning on translate .did resolve my last issues with program errors with the executable file.I'll get back if theirs an answer on this one.Kev

Question - Going from trial version to full version No.65527
Bob  2011-12-20 01:20:21 ( ID:5naf9/4evxn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I currently have the trial version installed on my machine. Shall I uninstall it before installing the full (paid) version, or can I just install it over the top of the trial without any harmful consequences?

Thanks!

tkrave  2011-12-20 05:36:45 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't have to; you just install the full version and the trial will be removed automatically.

Question - PAL DVD output: 720 or 704 x 576 No.65526
benoitm  2011-12-19 07:01:21 ( ID:4uvytszflrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I noticed that by default, when encoding any source material to PAL DVD standard, TVMW5 assumes the output is 704 x 576 and pads 8 pixels left and right to get 720 x 576. In order to get full frame 720 x 576, one should uncheck the "keep aspect ratio" box in the resize filter.
I believe 704 x 576 is mainly used for analog PAL, and DVD support both 704 and 720 x576...

So, I wonder, when downconverting HD material (1920 x 1080) to SD PAL, what setting gives the correct aspect ratio in the final DVD: the TVMW5 default (but on computer display, we have 8 pixel black bars left and right) or the "forced" 720 * 576 (by unchecking the "keep AR" box, we now have the image filling the full 720 pixels wide). The difference is not really significant (PAR is then either 16:11 or 64:45) but not negligible either...

benoitm  2013-04-10 18:28:05 ( ID:rjxf9pv5fww )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Cross-posted from the Avid forums:

It looks to me that 704 * 576 usable pixels inside a 720 * 576 frame is a legacy from that analog world; confused between the specs and the reality, I decided to run a little pratical test, to solve once and for all the PAR issue in TMPGEnc MPEG-2 encoder, when encoding HD1080 (square pixel) material to anamorphic DVD for the PAL region.

The results of my simple test are somewhat surprising !!!

Method: I created in Avid Symphony a 1080p sequence (square pixels) containing a.o. a geometrically perfect circle.
I have then encoded this sequence using TVMW 5.3.1.85 twice to the "PAL 16/9 DVD" format, once keeping TVMW5 defaults (which generates 704 * 576 anamorphic video) and once forcing 720 * 576 by unchecking the "Keep Aspect Ratio" option in the "Resize" filter of TVMW5. I have then authored these two short sequences on a PAL DVD (without any extra transcoding). I also copied the MPEG-2 files on a USB memory stick for use with a standalone media player.
I have then played back and measured the result on a long list of combinations of players, display devices and connection types.

Players:
- WMP 12 on Windows PC
- VLC 2 on Windows PC
- 'old' JVC DVD player
- Sony DVD+/-R player-recorder
- Panasonic Bluray player
- WD TV HD media player

Display devices:
- 1920 * 1080 laptop LCD panel
- DELL 24" 1920 * 1200 LCD monitor
- 'old' 26" HD-Ready Sony LCD TV
- low-end 19"HD-Ready Samsung TV
- 1920 * 1080 Panasonic projector

Connections:
- CVBS ('coax')
- Y/C ('S-Video')
- YCbCr ('component')
- HDMI
- DVI

I won't list the complete results here, but the general trend is that more than the player or display device type, it is the CONNECTION TYPE that determines the image geometry !
IOW, using the same player and display, generally, to get my perfect circle, I need to encode in 704 * 576 if using analog connections (CVBS, YCbCr), while in the other cases (HDMI, computer digital connections), it's indeed 720 * 576 that must be used when encoding the DVD (and so the TVMW5 default must be overridden !). I tested the Y/C connection type only in one player/display combination, and hence, the results is not statistically relevant (strangely though, this single Y/C combo gave me the same results as HDMI, not CVBS...)
Yet IOW, if one encodes PAL DVDs from digital sources (and specifically, from non-anamorphic HD material) using TVMW5 and its default settings, the results will be geometrically correct only if the audience uses "older" hardware with analog connections !
If the audience uses "modern" hardware (HDMI connections, computer, etc...), the DVDs encoded with the defaults TVMW5 settings will be about 2% too narrow !
In essence, with the time (as people phase out analog hardware and connections), the defaults chosen by TMPGEnc engineering become more and more obsolete, despite the fact that they claim to follow the official standards.

So, people encoding DVDs in the PAL region with TMPGEnc encoders should make sure to UNCHECK the "Keep Aspect Ratio" option in the "Resize" filter....

Comments welcome...

Question - Installing TMPG version 5.1.1.52 No.65516
Jamaine  2011-12-13 00:19:10 ( ID:ilh6qalmvqw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Everytime I install TMPG version 5.1.1.52 and try to load it it says cannot TImageDatasplash_enmodule

tkrave  2011-12-13 06:30:49 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try running the installer again and select the "Repair" option.

Question - VC-1 Not a Processable Video? No.65507
VikingCrown  2011-12-09 00:48:59 ( ID:mrhrv2tun/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So I was trying to test this out on a Rip which contains VC-1 (AP@L3) video according to MediaInfo and i receive the following error:

This title cannot be selected because it does not contain and processable video.

Is this a known issue and are there any plans to implement support for VC-1 Source video?

tkrave  2011-12-10 08:32:53 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think certain types of VC-1 video can be processed. I tried importing a VC-1 encoded Blu-ray and it couldn't read the video stream.
I have emailed their support about adding VC-1 blu-ray support and they said they would add it to their request list. Whether or not it will actually be implemented is unknown.

VikingCrown  2011-12-10 09:16:03 ( ID:0bdknm0zgqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THat was the response i recieved as well. they also alluded to it possibly working in other situations but were unable to elaborate on when that might be. Here was their response:
"We have other reports that with some codecs such format could be
imported into Video Mastering Works 5.
We cannot give you a suggestion of codec due that we don't know and we cannot
be responsible of codec's functionality over your PC so you could try to
look for it by google or other portal, please try to look for a codec
which supports VC-1video files and it is compatible with your OS."

Not quite sure what to make of that.

tkrave  2011-12-10 09:40:33 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

They are suggesting we find a codec with VC-1 support. Since TVMW5 uses the codecs on your computer, if a proper codec is installed it should be able to read the file. It would have been nice if they said which codec was found to work because I have yet to find one.

VikingCrown  2011-12-13 03:18:00 ( ID:mrhrv2tun/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here was the latest from support:

" if you can find a codec which can be used for
decode (import) VC-1 from your .m2ts file through Video Mastering Works
5 and DirectShow then probably you could convert it to another formats
using Video Mastering Works 5."

So here is what i've tried.
LAV CUVID
ffdshow
ffdshow (DXVA)

all in both x86 and x64 flavors and none worked.

VikingCrown  2011-12-14 04:23:06 ( ID:mrhrv2tun/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, not sure why but i was able to get Microsoft's Expression Encoder 4 to work with ffdshow on the same file.

The settings in ffdshow were only set for VC-1 and i used libavccodec instead of wmv9.

It appears that i cannot get TMPGEnc to utilize ffdshow for some reason. Anyone know how to force it to use another Direct Show codec?

I can even verify via graphstudio that the video should be using the FFDSHOW settings for VC-1.

Anyone have any thoughts?

tkrave  2011-12-14 07:39:08 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the only thing you can do is force it to use the directshow file reader (which should contain ffdshow codecs). Go to preferences and look for the "file input plug-in" option. This lists all of the file readers. You can uncheck all of them except the directshow reader to "force" it to use only directshow codecs.

VikingCrown  2011-12-29 03:15:51 ( ID:mrhrv2tun/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was finally able to get this to work. by setting FFDSHOW to Libavccodec for VC-1 and then use the Windows7DSFilter Tweaker program to set the preferred Direct Show filter to FFDSHOW, i was able to import and convert VC-1 video to WMV.

I did not actually have to uncheck all the values in the file input plugin area in preferences.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.