TMPGEnc PGMX PLAYER BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc PGMX PLAYER BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ]
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question PGMX Player for Apple TV 4th Generation Vagner Januario de Souza 1 2017-04-04 12:29:45
Question Menu limit? BobAchgill 1 2016-08-30 14:44:02
Request PGMX player Android on Amazon app store BobAchgill 1 2016-03-01 16:19:46
Free talk Enjoy Your Life. Carefree. TMPGEnc PGMX PLAYER is Available NOW! Development team 2 2014-06-20 23:05:14

Question - PGMX Player for Apple TV 4th Generation No.70670
Vagner Januario de Souza  2017-03-31 19:09:29 ( ID:8bgxfkwvdb6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, guys at Pegasys.

PGMX Player for iOS (iPhone, iPad, etc) does works on Apple TV 4th generation?

tkrave  2017-04-04 12:29:45 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can it use iOS apps? If so, then it should be able to.

Question - Menu limit? No.69589
BobAchgill  Home )  2015-03-03 07:21:47 ( ID:jwwo6igx.p6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a limit to the number of items in a main menu and submenu as there are with authoring DVDs?

Ades  2016-08-30 14:44:02 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there,
I guess is the same as in the authoring DVD.
I think if they are linked items it could be limited.

cheers

Request - PGMX player Android on Amazon app store No.69588
BobAchgill  Home )  2015-03-03 07:18:40 ( ID:jwwo6igx.p6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could you post the PGMX player for Android on the Amazon Android app store? Users in China can not access the Google app store.

Ades  2016-03-01 16:19:46 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I hope this would be sent to the user's wish list.
cheers

Free talk - Enjoy Your Life. Carefree. TMPGEnc PGMX PLAYER is Available NOW! No.68513
Development team  2014-06-13 14:09:15 ( ID:2h/531v3iln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Enjoy PGMX Files - No Optical Media or Drive Required.

TMPGEnc PGMX PLAYER is software for playing PGMX files that stores multiple video clips, menus and chapters all in one file.

----------------------------------------------------
What Is the PGMX Format?
----------------------------------------------------
PGMX is short for Pegasys Multimedia Box. Developed by Pegasys, it can store both menu and video content into a single file (.pgmx / .mkv). The video stream is H.264/AVC, and since the file does not depend on physical media such as DVD and Blu-ray discs, it is not limited to certain video characteristics. For example, you can use MP4 video from you smart phone which typically may not be DVD or Blu-ray compliant, or you can even use videos in 4K resolution (4096×2304). PGMX files give you the freedom to keep your videos at a quality level and resolution of your choosing.

PGMX files can also utilize a navigational menu system that can link to multiple videos within the file. Since both the menu and videos are combined into one file, there is no complex folder structure like those found in the DVD-Video and Blu-ray formats. Having everything in just one file makes it easy to use, copy and transport.

For more details, see the product page here:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tpxp.html

TMPGEnc PGMX PLAYER Download Now. It's Free!
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tpxp.html

Klaus-Rüdiger Bärwald  Home )  2014-06-17 22:01:22 ( ID:/frrvq/nvec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This player is for Windows - will you provide players for other Op Sys?

Klaus

WillBellJr  2014-06-20 23:05:14 ( ID:qslqspl9juc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I like the concept of a "smart" media format; something similar to DVD/Blueray where you can have menus and >especially chapters<!

For training videos, chapters are a boon to being able to easily restart a section, and/or just jump directly to where you want to start off in the video. Excellent idea!

I've just installed the trial to give it a go, but before starting I'll voice my opinions, and more importantly, what I need out of a "smart video format" >and smart video format player< before I get started using it.

Hopefully, at least for the player, these features are already in there.

For my opinions, I applaud you in trying to come up with a video format that has dvd/blueray like capabilities, however for WIDE adoption, I feel these days, people want to watch their videos on their LARGE TVs, not just on their computer screen!

I know when I create my MP4 videos or download a video off say YouTube, I'll IMMEDIATELY add it to my >Plex video catalog< so I can then go into the living room and watch it on my >Roku or Blueray player<.

I can play MKVs on the Roku, WD TV and Plex but I don't believe the chapters (subtitles?) would carry over in that format?

With that being said, I feel it would be great if you could create Roku (or Plex?) player that would allow these PGMX videos to be viewed on large screen TVs (with chapters and subtitles still available.)

With that accomplished, I feel this new video format will take off with the masses!

People could author their GoPro and other videos to PGMX format with menus and chapters, and then be able to play them on their Rokus and Plex players etc., great stuff!

Finally for the PGMX player, I'm >hoping< there's >slow motion< capabilities?

I briefly tried playing back the sample video and jumping between chapters was great but there are times where I also need to slow down a portion of a video while watching, AND coming from players like "The KMPlayer", it'd be great to also be able to set >multiple Loop Points< where the player will continually play a the particular looped section it is within when the looping mode is turned on. (It'd be great to allow defining multiple looped sections while playing as well. Being able to save the loop regions would be absolute wonderful as well!)

So again I APPLAUD you for this bold idea for a new video format, I'd just also like to see the PGMX Player also have bold playback capabilities as well, to keep up with the high-end norm for present day video players.

Thanks for reading and your consideration.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.