TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 18 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Can't convert MJPEG Dig 2 2005-10-13 19:40:03
Question File to big? Jayzef 1 2005-12-16 18:50:03
Question Convert .VOB or .M2V to .MPG?? chippengael 1 2005-09-02 21:27:03
Question Mr. spazlabz 4 2005-09-06 15:22:13
Question Illegal audiostream Harald 1 2005-08-29 20:25:18
Request Bad sound when patching Wav+video with tmpge SteveLong 1 2005-08-29 15:37:52
Request Miss Hlaurens 1 2005-08-29 15:26:56
Question Avisynth & DirectShow problem.... desnet 1 2005-08-29 15:33:47
Question PLEASE HELP!!! asap! toddprod 2 2005-08-29 15:43:13
Question Owner toddprod 0 2005-08-23 13:19:45
Request Using Nvidia GFORCE 6 features? Torque 8 2005-09-14 22:23:11
Question CPU preferences not saved DannoXYZ 0 2005-08-22 10:04:43

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 18 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Can't convert MJPEG No.43416
Dig  2005-09-06 22:11:07 ( ID:tfblkkgbmzm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have downloaded a mjpeg file from my Canon Powershot s1 is and I have Morgan multimedia codec so I can play it on media player.

When I try to convert it to mpg in Tmp the program says it cannot do it.

Any ideas why?
THanks

CanonDude  2005-10-05 06:39:17 ( ID:gauy/6o.pok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've got the same problem.

I have a canon PowerShot SD500 and I want to encode the raw avi movie files the camera generates into something that can be distributed via email etc..

Also tried this with Windows Media Encoder, it just crashes when I try and load the canon *.avi file.

Joel  2005-10-13 19:40:03 ( ID:5gqyzrty3fc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you come up with any solution yet? I have the Canon S2 IS and have the same problem.

Question - File to big? No.43414
Jayzef  2005-09-05 09:18:47 ( ID:pl5wyzkvp1o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I have a problem with converting avi (xvid) file with TMPGEnc. I cannot pick the video file (box in first window). The prog sais that "cannot read the file or file is unsupported". The file is 710 MB. I've checked smaller ones (belowe 700 MB) and TMPGEnc reads them with no prob. More of that: I cannot pick the file in "video box", but I can pick it in "audio box". Weird.
Can anyone help me with that?
Regards
J.

Uffe  2005-12-16 18:50:03 ( ID:zrj4dzfg9om )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Check if you have the right video codec installed. If the codec is not installed, TMPGEnc cannot read the file. You can download a good codec pack from here: http://www.cole2k.net

Question - Convert .VOB or .M2V to .MPG?? No.43412
chippengael  2005-09-02 15:53:27 ( ID:goqqvctzw16 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I need help pronto. I have used DVD decrypter to rip .VOB files to my HD. I have both .VOB and .M2V and I need to edit in MS Movie Maker. However movie maker doesn't support .VOB or .M2V

I downloaded TMPGEnc to conver these to .MPG but it doesn't like .VOB or .M2V either!

What can I do?! Need help fast!!

Thanks

ashy  2005-09-02 21:27:03 ( ID:.xsmqj5fte2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What have you got both VOB and M2v?
If your gonna rip a disk you should have one or the other, usually just VOBs.

TMPG supports both, but you need to install a compatible MPEG2 codec or use the TMPG plus version.

Failing that use AVISYNTH as a frame server or Vitualdubmod as a frame server or you could use TMPG and the VFAPI converter to create a dummy AVI and frame serve.

There is no need to re-encode anything.

Question - Mr. No.43407
spazlabz  Home )  2005-08-29 20:16:45 ( ID:mkrh4m59la6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have downloaded and run the the tmpegbatchlist.exe from the video generation website http://www.videogeneration.com.au/batchlist.htm and found it very easy to use. however, it seems to only want to compress to mpeg2 and i want my output format to be mpeg-1. I have literally thousands of videos compressed to mpeg-1 (i have been compressing them in this way since '98) and i have been using this fine program the entire time. But doing them one at a time is a chore to say the least. Is there any way to get the batchlist program to allow me to use the settings I have for mpeg-1 video?

ashy  2005-08-30 16:31:38 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You're obviously not creating an MPEG1 template. You must create the template first in the format you wish to use and then create a batch list.

spazlabz  Home )  2005-08-31 20:38:09 ( ID:mkrh4m59la6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ashy... you are absolute right. But I could not find any information on how to create an mpeg-1 template. You wouldnt happen to have a link that I could visit that can tell me how to make a template that will work for me do you?
spaz

ashy  2005-08-31 21:55:48 ( ID:i/lxpysjv4o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just make all the settings you wish to have first in TMPG and then simply click the 'Save' button and then save your template somewhere. Then proceed as normal by opening this template with the batch list creator.

A very good source of info for TMPG is http://www.videohelp.com

spazlabz  Home )  2005-09-06 15:22:13 ( ID:mkrh4m59la6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ashy, Thank You very much for both the link and the simple instructions. I will give that a try later today since i process about 50videos/clips a day this should speed me right along :)

Question - Illegal audiostream No.43405
Harald  2005-08-28 20:53:51 ( ID:7haqslcwo0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sometimes, when I try to convert a wmv-file to an mpg-file,
I got an error message: "illegal Audio Stream"
This messages occures by several files at different times,
at the start of converting, at the middle or nearly at end.
What may be wrong?

spazlabz  Home )  2005-08-29 20:25:18 ( ID:mkrh4m59la6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

wmv is such a poor compression format (generally speaking) that converting it to an mpg (which will compress it even further) is an iffy prospect at best. I can understand compressing down from mpeg-1 to wmv but even that is something i try to avoid. if you have access to raw footage i find its always best to start with an AVI and compress to watever formats from there..
I do not know for sure but i don't think that tmpgenc was create to be compatible with wmv

Request - Bad sound when patching Wav+video with tmpge No.43403
SteveLong  2005-08-27 12:09:35 ( ID:r63nqi21ikh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

having same problem as hlaurens. the sound is jaggered. tried winavi but then there's no sound at all.

converted it with winavi in the first place from WMV to AVI. All files play the same. maybe problem stems from winavi? suggestions anyone?

ashy  2005-08-29 15:37:52 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You CANNOT mux a wav file with an MPEG using TMPG. How did you create this wav file?

Request - Miss No.43401
Hlaurens  2005-08-27 12:01:55 ( ID:r63nqi21ikh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm stuck. I have seperated the video and sound from my AVI file successfully, and the WAV i made with virtual dub plays fine on the computer. However when I use TMPGE to put them together the sound is jerky and kinda stops and starts.

Any ideas? I'm lost.

ashy  2005-08-29 15:26:56 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean you use TMPG to put them together, how?

TMPG won't mux a wav with an MPEG.
Also how did you make the wav with Virtualdub, what settings did you use. My guess is that you don't actually have a wav at all.

Question - Avisynth & DirectShow problem.... No.43399
desnet  2005-08-24 09:52:21 ( ID:rdmvqprh3g. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I find that I can't open avs files ... tried setting DS to a high priority, and even disable every thing else only to find DS is the one to blame... I can't even open Xvid avi files with only DS enabled... this is so weird, I've been using TMPG for a long time and it's the first time i came into this problem....

I have XviD-1.0.1-05062004, FFDShow-20050803, avisynth 2.55 installed

ashy  2005-08-29 15:33:47 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you sure you've got AVIsynth installed properly.
Forget about using DS to open AVIsynth. It works better with VFW. Make the VFW plugin top priority in TMPG then enable VFW decoding for all MPEG4 codecs in FFDSHOW.

Question - PLEASE HELP!!! asap! No.43396
toddprod  Home )  2005-08-23 13:20:57 ( ID:x0zvxs6d0cm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an urgent problem! Someone PLEASE HELP. I am making new MPEGs for my new customer. My clips are the same duration but the file size is almost twice as big. I've tried EVERYTHING to reduce them. What am I doing wrong? Here is the stats of the old and new clips.
http://www.toddprod.com/videoclipproblem/MPEG-settings-(old-and-new).jpg
PLEASE someone help!

toddprod  Home )  2005-08-23 13:30:41 ( ID:x0zvxs6d0cm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

MORE INFO:
http://www.toddprod.com/videoclipproblem/MPEG-settings-(old-and-new).jpg
(copy and paste the link since the brackets aren't being accepted in the link)

This JPEG shows the old clip on top, my new one on the bottom.
CBR or VRB doesn't make a difference. Changing the bitrate doesn't make a difference.
The old clip is: 421KB, the new clip is: 865KB

WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WRONG?? Please someone help!

ashy  2005-08-29 15:43:13 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Change the stream setting under the 'system' tab to 'MPEG1 system (automatic)'
You are attempting to create a standard VCD. TMPG will not allow the bitrate to fall below standard VCD bitrate and thus will 'pad' the video.

Question - Owner No.43395
toddprod  Home )  2005-08-23 13:19:45 ( ID:x0zvxs6d0cm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an urgent problem! Someone PLEASE HELP. I am making new MPEGs for my new customer. My clips are the same duration but the file size is almost twice as big. I've tried EVERYTHING to reduce them. What am I doing wrong? Here is the stats of the old and new clips.
http:\\www.toddprod.com/videoclipproblem/MPEG-settings-(old-and-new).jpg
PLEASE someone help!

Request - Using Nvidia GFORCE 6 features? No.43386
Torque  2005-08-23 09:10:27 ( ID:t0egpup234n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

According to NVIDIA their chips support MPEG ENCODING in hardware.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce6_techspecs.html

Since the GFX-Chips are much more powerfull compared to the CPU it would be
quite benefitial to take advantage of the encoding capabilities.

I read an article somewhere that there is some kind of development kit to incoporate this into own programs.

Any thoughts on this?

ashy  2005-08-29 15:57:09 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why in the heck would TMPG want to incorporate hardware encoding into it's software???

The whole point of TMPG is that is uses it's own software encoding algorithms to obtain the quality it does.

Using TMPG to link to a hardware encoder would negate the whole point of TMPG. TMPG would simply become a front end NOT an encoder.

The quality of encoding that TMPG produces is it's bread and butter, it wouldn't make sense for it to use another encoders algorithms to create MPEGs.

TBH that's one of the daftest things I've ever heard.

Basically using an analogy to what you have said, it's like saying instead of using the perfectly good engine that's already in the car, put another one in the boot and use that one instead...pointless.

noone  2005-09-01 22:34:31 ( ID:xvtk1cangig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, the latest NVIDIA Chips have programmable pixle and vertex shaders.
These pack some serious computing power and might be good to speed up the encoding process.

See here: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg_toolkit.html

ashy  2005-09-02 21:20:07 ( ID:.xsmqj5fte2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Well, the latest NVIDIA Chips have programmable pixle and vertex shaders.

And what the dickens does that have to do with the encoding process?

noone  2005-09-04 22:17:24 ( ID:jf7fj9chhbm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My english isnt good enough to explain and honestly I dont care much if something like that goes into tmpgenc.
In short: The Shaders in an modern Graphics GPU are specialized in matrix operations the same thing tmpgenc and all other encoders need to do their job.

Torque  2005-09-13 09:55:00 ( ID:/qt/jgn9whm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>>Well, the latest NVIDIA Chips have programmable pixle and vertex shaders.
>
>And what the dickens does that have to do with the encoding process?

@Ashy->
Sadly it seems you have no idea of what we are talking about.
It seems you tend to yell the more you don't get.
So before you call somebody daft, get educated on the issue.

Using the capabilities of Nvidia's chips would greatly shorten the encoding process. Since there are many Nividia chips out there, it would be beneficial
to a great number of users.
It's not about boats, cars, or motors!

TMPGenc would still use it's algorithms but outsource computing to the
Nvidia chip.

The whole disussion is fruitless anyway since the product is not really developed further.

UserX  2005-09-13 10:05:54 ( ID:/qt/jgn9whm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@Torque->
You've made an excellent point and I think certain people just don't get it maybe because they're simply too dumb. ;)

ashy  2005-09-14 22:19:27 ( ID:tfphvynnlor )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's funny you should say that I have no idea what I'm talking about. Seems strange I have been a member of this board for years and made thousands (yes thousabds) of posts. Many of which have helped the less experienced person with TMPG.

Just do a search clever cloggs with my name and you'll find a hell of a lot of posts thanking me for the 'Expert' help and advice I have given.

I was, and hope I still am, a respected member of this board, especially when it was a lot busier than it is now.
I don't get to visit this board as often as I used to however I do pop back to lend a little advice when I can.

So there is no need for your shirty attitude and your insulting attitude. You've made your point just don't get cocky when trying to make it.

I probably know more about the workings of TMPG and how it encodes than you could ever know.
Maybe I should have done a little more research before posting my remark, however that doesn't give you the right to assume someone is an idiot and become abusive.

ashy  2005-09-14 22:23:11 ( ID:tfphvynnlor )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh and by the way. If I'd have known what an abusive prat you were I wouldn't have replied to your other post.

Question - CPU preferences not saved No.43385
DannoXYZ  2005-08-22 10:04:43 ( ID:h0jn79m.byj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I set the CPU preferences and turn on SSE. It works OK for the current session and doesn't crash or anything, so I assume it's using SSE instructions Ok. Then the next time I run TMPGencPlus, it brings up a warning dialogue saying "CPU has changed since last" and all the CPU settings are set back to defaults.

Is there an INI file or some registry-setting that's stuck?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.