TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 28 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Media Player 10 Slippybricks 0 2005-04-02 01:51:05
Question Strange Variable Encoding Speed Issue kuczynski 2 2005-04-14 01:06:23
Question AVI to MPEG2 - Output Video always wrong size rnickerson 4 2005-04-04 11:08:14
Question avi that is originaly 24 m becomes 48 minutes Mike 6 2005-10-19 01:38:37
Question Lighting vertical track on left of the frame kzsolt 2 2005-03-30 18:04:18
Question reducing file size Michael 2 2005-04-06 11:12:38
Question Pc hang when converting to mpg-1 Artanis 1 2005-04-06 11:29:44
Question .mpeg to VCD Ron Kleim 4 2005-04-06 11:19:16
Question No audio when converting to DVD wjp007 1 2005-04-06 11:27:46
Question 'Could not create the file test.mpg' ? orion404 5 2005-04-01 08:30:46
Question cutted mpeg file size limit? Newbie17426 2 2005-03-24 12:52:20
Question Noob With a problem Kuro-Inu 2 2005-03-24 20:51:10

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 28 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Media Player 10 No.43090
Slippybricks  2005-04-02 01:51:05 ( ID:0r/9uvsgqxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have done a search to no avail, but just wanted to know if anyone has had any problems with Windows Media Player 10. I read that WMP9 didnt work with TMPGENC so did not bother with it. Thanks.

Question - Strange Variable Encoding Speed Issue No.43087
kuczynski  2005-03-31 19:53:09 ( ID:ckdd4ek.lwl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone know what can be causing my encoding speed problem?

What happens is that after a while of "normal" encoding, I find that the speed of the encoding drops off dramatically. When I stop encoding & start again, its still slow. The only way to get the encoding back to "normal" is to reboot my XP machine.

I've tried setting the priority to low & even setting the affinity in task manager to one cpu (intel p4) with no effect. Under these conditions it will encode at a good rate for a while, but eventually the speed drops dramatically.

Any suggestions?

aldaco12  2005-04-06 11:32:11 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A suggestion: use motion search precision = highest quality (very slow) and encode at night, while you're sleeping. TMPGenc's output mpeg quality falls when you decrease the motion search precision.

kuczynski  2005-04-14 01:06:23 ( ID:8gx6hojmxpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't understand why this happens but when I open & run TMPGEnc it starts encoding very quickly. After a short while, the encoding speed drastically drops. For example it is initially estimated that it would take, say 30 minutes, to encode. It encodes at this rate for about 5 minutes, then it slows right down & takes hours to complete. I don't know why!

I'm able to "fix" this issue by opening TMPGEnc 2 times & only using 1 to encode what I want encoded. Now it will take less than 20 minutes to encode a 20 minute video, whereas before it would take many hours.

Can anyone explain what is going on? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks, in advance for any knowledge & maybe my "solution" might help others in this situation.

:-)

Question - AVI to MPEG2 - Output Video always wrong size No.43082
rnickerson  2005-03-30 11:31:02 ( ID:/3rbleg2cxa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an AVI file in wide screen format - I don't know the exact ratio, but I believe it was ripped from a "wide screen" edition DVD. The pixel dimensions measure 576x240 according to the Summary tab in the windows Properties sheet. When I play the AVI in PowerDVD (or any other player) it displays correctly on the screen.

When I attempt to encode this AVI to an MPEG for DVD burning, the video is _always_ the wrong size. Most often the width is correct (576 pixels), but the height is stretched out to fill the screen, giving the image a tall, stretched look. Though occasionally I get video that seems in the correct proportions, but is cut off on the sides.

I have tried just about _everything_ in the TMPGEnc settings to change this output video. The video looks correct in the "preview" window in TMPGEnc, but is always incorrect in the final output file. What is it that I am missing? I'm happy to try to provide any more information that might be helpful in solving this problem, provided that I know the info.

Thanks in advance for any help!

ashy  2005-03-30 22:56:16 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's how it should be.
As long as you select the output resolution as 16:9 when you play it back in a DVD player or DVD softwer player it will be resized to the right aspect ratio by the player.

rnickerson  2005-03-31 02:25:17 ( ID:/3rbleg2cxa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the information. As I'm still pretty new at this I did a little more poking around after reading your reply. The encoded MPEG video still plays stretched along the vertical axis in my PowerDVD player, but on a whim I did an image capture using the software's built in utility and pasted that capture into Photoshop. The pasted capture was the correct size and dimension. I assume that if I write this MPEG to a DVD that it will indeed play correctly on my DVD player, but do you know why PowerDVD is stretching the video? I have used this software to play all sorts of video on my system and have never encountered this problem before. I've reviewed the PowerDVD settings and cannot find anything that would cause this. Any ideas?

Thanks again in advance for the information!

-randall

ashy  2005-03-31 23:36:47 ( ID:ad8aqvu6eaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PowerDVD should be resizing the MPEG correctly.
Check your settings.
The source is PAL anamorphic. TMPG input aspect ratio should settings should be:
16:9 525 line (PAL)
Full screen (keep aspect ratio)

Output should be:
MPEG-2
16:9 Display
720x576
25fps

the media man  2005-04-04 11:08:14 ( ID:5zujw0ub3q. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are still getting distorted images, you could try my method, which uses a 4:3 ratio screen. Under the aspect ratio setting, choose [Centre] - Custom Size. You can now enter parameters for the height and width of the video. What I do now is scale up the proportions to fit DVD video, so if you want a final output of 720x576, you would take your original dimensions ie 640 x 320 and divide 720 by the width ie 720/640 = 1.125. Now multiply this result by the height - ie 1.125 x 320 = 360. Now in the [Centre] Custom Size width and height boxes, enter in 720 x 360 (the scaled up amount). This method will give you video footage in perfect proportion every time.

If you want to burn off a 1/2 duplex dvd (KDVD for example)work it all out as before, but when you enter in the final amounts in the [Centre] Custom Size boxes, enter in your 1/2 duplex width instead. So using the above example it would be 352 x 360 (for a KDVD).

Question - avi that is originaly 24 m becomes 48 minutes No.43075
Mike  2005-03-30 09:32:10 ( ID:7afwvon/pnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have encoded many avi usi tmpge but encounter some files when i'm using tmpgne becomes double or more than the playing time and size. I never change any of the bitrate

ex:problem Avi file 169 mb (24m) use tmpge with setting VCD Mpeg 1 Ntsc 4:3 525
Video Highest qaulity. Advance ;Ghost reduction ;noise reduction ;sharpen edged;simple color correction; clip frame; all check. Bitrate 11150

becomes Avi 48m & 483 mb!!!

any help n solution is very welcomed

B_Racer  2005-04-01 13:46:15 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's the old VBR-Audio problem.

Convert the Audiopart to WAV fist by using VirtualDubMOD

or

use Source Range in TMPGEnc

ashy  2005-04-01 18:47:42 ( ID:ad8aqvu6eaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to top of the list in the VFAPI plugins.

Smoke  2005-04-01 18:52:00 ( ID:q2dhmmftfn. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to make the mpeg using audio and video not just video i had this problem when i just tryed using "system video" but as soon as i put "system audio and video" instead of just video it worked correctly

Mike  2005-04-02 09:29:06 ( ID:7afwvon/pnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where can i finding the directshow file reader? is it under options or setting?

thx for the reply

ashy  2005-04-02 19:47:45 ( ID:ad8aqvu6eaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You have to make the mpeg using audio and video not just video i had this problem when i just tryed using "system video" but as soon as i put "system audio and video" instead of just video it worked correctly

Not necessary, but it probably worked because it took the length of the audio into account.

>where can i finding the directshow file reader? is it under options or setting?

Options>Enviromental settings>VFAPI plugins

robin_  2005-10-19 01:38:37 ( ID:oi8uf4pj4ck )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you!

I've been searching for a solution for the same problem and until this I'd only come across "yeah, everyone asks that" and "try a search". Ironic, since I'd already checked the FAQ searching was what led me to that post.

Thanks for actually providing the answer!!!

Question - Lighting vertical track on left of the frame No.43072
kzsolt  2005-03-29 10:00:08 ( ID:ram9fyzgnqg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc2.5, yuv2 avi input with 720*576pal. I see ligting colnums (may 10) in left side of the frame with preview and in the output mpeg too. But tis only occured if the output is 720*576. If I decrease resolution to 352*576 the this colnums are gone. If I try to mask it then the colnums going to left to right (during the icrease of the left mask value), but always there...
If I check the source avi file with msmp or powerdvd then all of this colnums are normal...

ashy  2005-03-29 17:53:09 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all, what in the heck are lighting columns?! Have you got a pic?

What format is the AVI, XVID, DIVX, e.t.c.? What is it's original reolution and which command are you using in AVISYNTH to open the AVI?

kzsolt  2005-03-30 18:04:18 ( ID:ram9fyzgnqg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, but this is not tmpgenc problem. The VGA card has problem. In the screen lines in case of sharp dark->light changes we got may some refelction. This is what generate the light colnums in the left side of the screen....

Question - reducing file size No.43069
Michael  2005-03-28 13:16:36 ( ID:kb/zt7eq9wf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!
I hope you can help me. I have a 1.01 GB MPG file. I want to burn it on a CD, so I tried to reduce the file-size with TMPGEnc 2.524. The problem is, I can type in the size i want, but the resulting video is still 1.01 GB big. So it's not reduced. What have I done wrong?
Greetings Michael

ashy  2005-03-28 22:51:09 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My advice is to just split it to 2 disks otherwise you will reduce the quality to an unacceptable level.

If you must reduce the size then make sure you select 'MPEG1 VCD (non standard)' as the type.

aldaco12  2005-04-06 11:12:38 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A MPEG-1 's size is 10 MB * its length (in minutes). Therefore I assume you're encoding a approx. 100' movie (nothing strange).

You have to split the mocie on 2 CDs or to ude the KVCD template gotten in http://www.kvcd.net/portal/index.php, exactly in http://kvcd.net/dvd-models.html (for me the quality worsen, but if you like it)

Question - Pc hang when converting to mpg-1 No.43067
Artanis  2005-03-27 07:10:07 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tis my first time encoding with TMPGEnc.

However, the first 5% of the econding causes my Pc to hang..& i will have to restart the whole encoding again..

can someone pls advise me on the settings or wad codecs i need ..or wad could have gone wrong.

aldaco12  2005-04-06 11:29:44 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My suggestion is to test TMPGenc with a different file. It might be a problem - corruption? - of the input movie (I don't think your HD hasn't any free room for the output's mpeg)

Question - .mpeg to VCD No.43062
Ron Kleim  2005-03-26 21:18:27 ( ID:u9kqg3awnsc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need all the steps to create a VCD that will play on a stand alone DVD player.
I have created my .mpeg file , now what do I do?

I assume it has something to do with templates?

Thanks, Ron

ashy  2005-03-27 02:28:24 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.videohelp.com/

Ron Kleim  2005-03-27 02:37:58 ( ID:vhltj7fdwyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, so.......
That's where I found TMPGEnc.

Is there a free or trial version of a burner that will make VCDs from .mpeg?

I guess I'm an idiot; I've been trying to do this for a year!!!

HELP!!!!!

ashy  2005-03-27 21:04:21 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Jaysus mate, it's all there on the link I gave you from encoding right through to burning step by step. Take another look.
http://www.videohelp.com/sefy/?id=burning1.html

aldaco12  2005-04-06 11:19:16 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or, if you want to test an useful application (but it will only create a cue/bin you must butn wiat any application: Nero, Alcohol 120%, CDRWin...) is the freeware VCDGear.
It's also useful, if you learn extract movies from images (Nero's , CDRWns , Dreamcast's), to convert movies (PAL <--> NTSC), and so on...

Question - No audio when converting to DVD No.43060
wjp007  2005-03-24 13:31:30 ( ID:hvies3e9lnk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert an Xvid file back to DVD and I don't get any audio after I run TMPGEnc. I used VirtualDub to create and audio only wav file. The audio in the Xvid was in AC3 format. I did have two audio streams, could that be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

aldaco12  2005-04-06 11:27:46 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGenc, unless you have Fcchandler's AC3ACM codec, cannot load AC3 audio and, maybe, that AVI had AC3 audio (look it with VirtualDubMod doing Stream__Stream list. TMPGenc will have left the 'audio input line blank, in the main screen.

Yu have to extract the AC3 audio from that AVI (Again: VirtaulDubMod: Stream__Stream list__Demux, decompress the AC3 audio to WAV (VDubMod cannot do it directly, if you don't have an AC3 codec instaled on your PC; VirtualDub will call it 'WAV' even if it is a compressed sound [but it will be a small file, not an uncompressed WAV very large, instead]) with, for example, the freeware HeadAC3he.

OK?

Question - 'Could not create the file test.mpg' ? No.43054
orion404  2005-03-23 13:43:22 ( ID:85eozf2rjmm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using the Cut & Join function on VCD compatible files very sucessfully for about a week and now, all of a sudden, I'm getting the error message: 'Could not create the file test.mpg'.

Have uninstalled (deleted folder) and reinstalled (created new folder) and the same results.

Am no longer able to cut a video segment sucessfully with I click the 'Run' command in the Cut & Join window.

Is there a fix?

B_Racer  2005-03-23 16:54:52 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, guess there's something wrong with your temporary Discspace.

aldaco12  2005-03-24 12:55:17 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Unless the name of the destination file coincides with the name of one file you're joining...

ashy  2005-03-24 19:28:22 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As aldaco12 says ensure the ouput name is different to that of the source name.

orion404  2005-03-25 14:26:38 ( ID:85eozf2rjmm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have confirmed location and available space on the TEMP file folder is sufficient.

Have confirmed unique file name for the cut video is correct.

Could this be a factor....
I tried the DVD Plus module once, didn't like it, and the 30 day 'trial period' has expired. Since I'm only working in VCD, is the DVD trial period a factor? If so, anyway to get past that and continue on with the VCD (mpeg1) module?

Thanks.

Jeremy Greenblatt  2005-04-01 08:30:46 ( ID:x3/fon87r6f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using TMPEnc Plus Free Edition, and I have the same problem - mpeg1 tools->merge&cut merging mpeg1 files fails most of the time, with the message, "Could not create the file xxx.mpg".

When I check the directory, I find that it created the output file with length 0 bytes.

When it worked once, I had first left the first option on the drop down box - mpeg1 system(automatic), and it didn't work. Then I selected the third option- mpeg1 videoCD, and it worked. Now even that doesn't work.

I have plenty of disk space, and use a different new filename each time.

I've never downloaded the DVD module, so it can't be that.

It can't be improper file formatting, because these mpeg1's were created by TMPEnc itself.

I am using Win2K with TMPGEnc Free Edition, and the mpeg1's I'm trying to merge are of lengths from 50 to 240 MB.

Question - cutted mpeg file size limit? No.43051
Newbie17426  2005-03-22 20:44:57 ( ID:xtqtlso9yan )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

have a file 730 meg that I'd like to fit onto a cd. I used mpeg tools and set the start and end times hoping to reduce the file to less than 700 meg. When TMPGEnc finishes running, it only created a file 380 meg long and saved only part of the file, well short of the end specified. Only about half of the file was saved. Does TMPGenc have a file size limit? What happened? Appreciate any answers

B_Racer  2005-03-23 10:54:40 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

730 mbyte will fit a normal Disc perfectly if you are using SVCD-Mode for burning.

The MPEG-Tools are not the best choice for Cutting a Movie. I suggest to use MPEG-Tools for demuxing and after that the Program MPEG2Schnitt (german program, but easy to use) for cutting.

aldaco12  2005-03-24 12:52:20 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The rule is:

- a VCD movie is approx 10 MB * its length (in minutes)
- a SVCD movie can be made as large as you want, since you use VBR , not CBR. Usually a movie is made 2/3*CD-ROM large, to fit the movie in few discs.

Usually an AVI movie 'shrinks' the movie , losing some quality, therefore a 4,5 GB DVD movie can become a 700 MB AVI file.

I had never seen a 'saved a 380 MB file saving just a part of the movie', unless the program aborted at a certain point of the encoding, for some reason to me unknown. Unless you cut the movie. In this case, TMPGenc just cut the movie as you asked. Maybe you don't know how to use it well.

(Remember that on a CD-ROM you can fit about 830 MB mpeg)

Question - Noob With a problem No.43048
Kuro-Inu  2005-03-22 13:40:08 ( ID:qdrflxpyuvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am hoping some one can help me.

I got Sonic My dvd 5.0 and couldnt transfer my Downloaded Episodes of Desperate housewived from my hard drive to My Dvd Disks I kept comming up with the same error.

When I contacted Sonic - they linked me to Tmpgenc and told me to download the software here that it would convert the files to what i needed them to be in order to be able to burn use them in sonic. now i have encodes the files, but i still cannot get any sound. I have no idea of what i am doing, and the instructions were no help at all. I feel like an idiot, can some one explain in plain english how to get the audio and video to play lik it does in the original file- so that i can butn the files files needed?

Any help provided is appreciated.

Thanx

Hugz n Tugz

Kuro

aldaco12  2005-03-24 12:44:19 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the original AVIs had AC3 sound, TMPGenc cannot load them and leaves the 'audio input' box window empty, in the main screen (unless you have installed a proper plugin: http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tsp_ac3.html [maybe there's a free version available somewhere, but I don't know it]).
Converting AC3 to MP2 is difficult, but just to be sure, open the movie with VirtualDubMod and do Stream__Stream list.
If you can 'save as WAV' the stream (and you obtain an about 1.2 GB WAV file) you've made it. If not, you have extracted a compressed WAV and you need to convert it to 'MP2 for SVCD' with BeSweet + BeSweet GUI.
After, load the .MP2/the uncompressed .WAV file as 'audio input' with TMPGenc.
Rather complicated, isn't it?

Kuro-Inu  2005-03-24 20:51:10 ( ID:qdrflxpyuvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes it does sound complicated... but the audio Imput box is the same file, ans the video they are not seperate, and never have been.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.