TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 36 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question PAL and NTSC video help! DarkCloud 0 2005-01-21 22:49:02
Question TMPGenc plugoins correct prority? aldaco12 1 2005-01-21 17:24:58
Question mpeg quality Tom 1 2005-01-21 17:37:48
Question Paul Paul 0 2005-01-21 09:36:41
Question Tmpgenc Plus - Soft focus images Red Baron 1 2005-01-17 21:23:10
Question ntsc mpeg to pal MickC 13 2005-01-25 18:19:49
Question Out of memory ? Harald 1 2005-01-19 16:02:19
Question Avi & audio problem Audio 3 times as long. Asylym 1 2005-01-19 15:58:08
Question Audio issues with TMPG products bleedingedge 1 2005-01-19 16:26:21
Question read error TheNine 3 2005-01-20 21:53:06
Question How to change language in latest verson of TMPGEnc? onebb 1 2005-01-11 23:50:16
Question frozen image majimenez 2 2005-01-13 19:09:24

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 36 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - PAL and NTSC video help! No.42730
DarkCloud  2005-01-21 22:49:02 ( ID:y16xda0zjxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have two movies converted into MPEG2 format having used TMPEG. However, when I try converting some other movies I have that are in PAL format (the others were NTSC) they don't seem to come out right. The size of the full screen window seems to be squeezed into a smaller screen and everything is all wrong. I read some info about aspect ratios over at doom9, however that didn't help me at all. I want to convert my movies correctly so that when they're put on DVDs, they don't come out looking all messed up. Is there any guide on how to do this, and is there any way to convert a PAL or widescreen video into an NTSC fullscreen video?

Question - TMPGenc plugoins correct prority? No.42728
aldaco12  2005-01-21 15:38:24 ( ID:h6pvwobt6n2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. I was wondering if someoune can tell me the correct priotity of the TMPGenc's plugin. I've had some troubles: DVD2AVI worked for a while, then stopeed working. The AVI 'source range' geve me 72477 if I selected the final frame on 'select range' . But if 'select range' is unselected ot set 0 --> .1, TMPGenc calculates the output: X/200,324 !
Then TMPGenc converts the input AVI till the final frame, then starts showing a black screen in the preview 8and in the played movie: it went well over the 50' 22" I saw with BSPlayer on the input AVI! (or the number of the frames went over 25 * 3022 = 75550).
Why? What is the correct priority of the plugins?
I fixed the problem above mentioned by choosing this order of priorities of my plugins:
name-------------------------priority
Directshow Multimedia File Reader 1
AVI2 (Open DML) File Reader 0
BMP/PPM/TGA/JPG File Reader 0
CRI Sofdec MPEG Decoder 0
Microsoft MPEG-1 Decoder 0
Wave File Reader 0
DVD2AVI Project File Reader 1.77.3 0
MPEG-2 Video Plug-in 0
Quicktime Movie Reader
TMPGenc Project File Reader 0
AVI VFW compatibilityReader -2

Can someone suggest which prioriy have I to change?

ashy  2005-01-21 17:24:58 ( ID:ni6wpa2em.l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no real priority that suits everyone it all depends on what you need to do.

Most of the time you will have no problem with the 'Directshow file reader' top of the list and the rest at 0
I would certainly change the AVI VFW reader to 0 tho.

However depending on the type of movie you are encoding and the codecs you have installed will have an impact on which plugin needs priority.

Usually 'Directshow' needs priority as most codecs are directshow compatible.
However in some cases such as when using older codecs or if using AVISYNTH or Virtualdub frame server files, you may need to give the VFW the highest priority.
It's a fine balance, but the best thing to do is completely disable any plugins you don't actually use or if you only use them minimally then lower their priorities lower than the ones you do actually use more often.
If you use DVD2AVI a lot then give it a higher priority than the plugins you don't use.

Question - mpeg quality No.42726
Tom  2005-01-21 10:16:01 ( ID:buehufuki0l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

I have encoded with 2.5 an avi video (less than 750x...in size), into mpgeg-2 two different ways, then burned 2 dvd :

Way 1 : dvd-pal settings with default CQ 60 quality and default mouvement evaluation
Way 2 : dvd-pal settings with CQ 80 quality and mouvement High Quality

Then burned iso image with dvd styler, and burned with cdburnerxp pro to dvd.

WHY the first way (more rapid in correction method and lower (60) quality) provides better results even with some sound level changes problems : image more precise more clear ???

Thanks for any response

Tom

ashy  2005-01-21 17:37:48 ( ID:ni6wpa2em.l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A higher Q will simply increase the output size as more bits will be allocated to the image, however it is quite possible in some cases that motion estimate can give a better output than 'High quality'
Usually with movies that have little action or scene changes as TMPG will allocate the bitrate in the image better to slower moving images rather than using too few bits causing macro blocks.

What was the output size of the 2 files?
I would expect the CQ-80 file to be larger.
What min & max bitrates did you choose?

Question - Paul No.42725
Paul  2005-01-21 09:36:41 ( ID:fokur7qehfj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

When I use TMPGENC2.5 Free version to encode from AVI to MPEG I get a message saying that the avi file "can not open or is unsupported" can anyone help with this? Given that it is an avi file, why would it not be supported and why cant I encode this avi file?

Regards

Paul

Question - Tmpgenc Plus - Soft focus images No.42723
Red Baron  2005-01-17 15:23:42 ( ID:m8hik5dkzd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using TMPgenc Plus for a long time to make slide shows. (Premiere, Avisynth, TMPgenc, Roxio(DVD), VCDEasy(SVCD)). Even though I use the "Sharpen Edges" filter, the images are much less sharp than the original Photoshop produced originals. Is there a method for improving the sharpness in the video output?

ashy  2005-01-17 21:23:10 ( ID:qo5icwmjukn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure the output resolution matches the source.

Question - ntsc mpeg to pal No.42709
MickC  2005-01-16 01:01:41 ( ID:z0268czglcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, just trying to find out how to convert ntsc(mpeg1) - pal. I have read many posts on this, but all seem to be related to avi files. I have a mpeg file that is ntsc and want to change to Pal. I have stripped the audio to wav, took the file length in secs and ready to alter in cool edit, but canot get vdub to alter framerate, or dvd2avi, probably because it's not an avi! so how do i do it ? think the audio side of it is the same, just the video thats confusing me.
Any help Appreciated.
MickC

ashy  2005-01-16 10:43:55 ( ID:hy97hbvna7j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What sort of NTSC MPEG is it?
Is it from a DVD or is it just a normal 29.97 fps MPEG.

If it's from a DVD then you could just use Pulldown.EXE to remove the telecining from the file. This will turn it back into it's original 23.976 fps state.

You can then use Restream to alter the frame rate to 25fps.

You cannot convert an NTSC 29.97 fps MPEG to PAL unless it is re-encoded first.
However TMPG doesn't do this too well as the play back will be jerky.
The only programs I know of that can do it right are Canopus Procoder and AVISYNTH.

MickC  2005-01-16 15:07:48 ( ID:pql8mt8zzeg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanx Ashy, the file is an mpeg1 352x240 vcd format 4:3 and 29.97fps.
probably converted from avi(ntsc)to vcd.It's never been DVD format.
So far I have checked it plays ok, opened in vdub and extracted the wav. and worked out the full lentgh in seconds( as stated in some previous post I read of yours) I now have cooledit but their are 3 sections to the frame stretch window that you alter the framerate etc, but not sure what to do there.
so I really need i guide for cooledit, and what to do with the mpeg video stream to change to 25fps. I assume you must 1st change both files then mux them b4 re-encoding! or am i way off there?
MickC.

ashy  2005-01-17 21:20:19 ( ID:qo5icwmjukn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/search/docs/en/tmpgenc/box02/tmpgenc_post_3157.html

http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/search/docs/en/tmpgenc/box02/tmpgenc_post_3244.html

MickC  2005-01-18 17:34:40 ( ID:acnullewwzn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your time ashy, the only thing i seem to be stuck on is the frame server. virtualdub seems to do nothing, I installed the handler ok, but when i start frame server it stays at 0 frames processed, with a stop button, but this is only in a small window, the main window doesn't come on till i press stop. then i have to re-open the video file. Nothing happens, i just end up with i 1kb file saved. Please help again.
Thanx.

ashy  2005-01-19 10:10:02 ( ID:ni6wpa2em.l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you actually loading the .AVS file that Virtualdub creates into TMPG?

mickC  2005-01-19 20:30:03 ( ID:dbabxykxepw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

virtual dub doesnt put a file ext on the saved file unless i name it .vdr or .avi, thats what i end up with, I was informed from minion's post to name the file .avi or vdr, but this is only 1kb and is not supported when i try to load it onto tmpeg. Also when i open the video to vdub, it starts off saying "parsing interleaved mpeg" and goes through the whole file like a scan. I tried load the mpeg into tmpeg and the new .wav and re-encoding to DVD format(pal) but the end result was way off with the sound, even though the file was changed to 25fps and the same length as the audio!
This is an mpeg1 in vcd format(ntsc)29.97 fps, as far as i know its not from dvd, but maybe, over here(uk) this is not out on DVD as yet.
btw; when i start the frameserver, the first window says frameserver name and it put a .mpg file name their, should i change this?, then next window is the save folder where i name the file. underneath says file type ***.vdr and wont give any other option.
Hope this info helps more.
Thanx.

ashy  2005-01-19 20:34:11 ( ID:ni6wpa2em.l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry ignore that about .AVS I dis mean .VDR, just getting myself mixed up there with AVISYNTH.

You don't need to re-name anything except for the .VDR file.
If it doesn't load into TMPG then raise the priority of the 'VFW file reader' until it is top of the list.

mickC  2005-01-19 21:27:17 ( ID:dbabxykxepw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok, I tried that and still get "file unsupported"
Should the frame server do more than just flicker for a second, and should i press stop as nothing happens after the flicker. Just trying to find pulldown 2-3 as mine isn't runing, to try to see if it is interlaced, or maybe i should try a different frameserver?.
cheers Ashy.

ashy  2005-01-19 21:39:47 ( ID:ni6wpa2em.l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Seems like you haven't got the frame server installed correctly to me.
Flicker? What flicker?
The frame server won't do anything until TMPG starts requesting frames from it.

Install the Readavs.dll file below.
Read the instructions carefully! Otherwise it won't work.
If it installs properly then you should see it in your VFAPI plugins.
http://www.avisynth.org/warpenterprises/files/readavs.zip

mickC  2005-01-19 22:08:16 ( ID:dbabxykxepw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanx for all your help, now i reolise that I have been closing the frameserver by pressing stop, then trying to open the file in tmpeg. This time i left the program open and tmpeg accepted the file and the frameserving started. So I have now deleted all the files iv'e made and will start afresh. As I'm not sure if the audio is the right one.
Many thanks Ashy, will let you know how i get on.(all a learning curve!)

ashy  2005-01-20 21:36:35 ( ID:ni6wpa2em.l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can see if the audio matches by simply loading the WAV into Virtualdub as the audio to your MPEG or AVI. Play it and if it's OK then just frame serve the whole thing to TMPG as it is.

If the sound is lagging or is advanced then you can use the audio skew correction in Virtualdub to correct it then just frame serve.

samsonn003  2005-01-25 03:35:56 ( ID:n3dmrvejpjg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i load an avi to virtual dub it says parsing interleaved mpeg file but it wont let me append the next file, what should i do to join it to another file?

ashy  2005-01-25 18:19:49 ( ID:x5qvy6eaqs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's not an AVI, it's an MPEG1 file.
You can't append MPEGs with VD. Why would you want to anyway?

Question - Out of memory ? No.42707
Harald  2005-01-14 16:36:34 ( ID:ubof22u0wsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
at 97% converting to MPG2......i'll get an "insufficient memory"-call....
I have about 13Gb free for that file and about 14Gb for its temporary-files...
How much memory do i need to convert an AVI to a MPG2-file with TMPGenc ?

aldaco12  2005-01-19 16:02:19 ( ID:h6pvwobt6n2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I never do it, because garbage in ---> garbage out. High bitrate does not make high quality when the inut video quality is poor.
More, I don't know the use of temporary files by TMPGenc for the same reason above told. But 14 GB seems too high (a DVD is 4.5 GB!). You seem to be making an uncompessed AVI!
But you can calculate the VBR settings with FitCD, if you really want to make a SVCD file. Probably the bitrate settings you were used were absurd.

Question - Avi & audio problem Audio 3 times as long. No.42705
Asylym  2005-01-12 14:56:11 ( ID:gichnmtwl32 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I'm using Tmpgenc 3.0 Xpress and when I load the source file the video source is 1hr 43mins however the audio source is 4hrs 51mins so what I do not understand is why the audio source has quadripled in size.The length of the movie is 1hr 43mins.Can someone kindly help me with this problem.

aldaco12  2005-01-19 15:58:08 ( ID:h6pvwobt6n2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe TMPGenc cannot well decode the audio. Load the movie with VirtualDubMod and demux the audio (Stream --> Stream list --> Demux. Then use BeSweet (+ GUI ) and convert it to MP2 (profile: MP2 for SVCD).
Then add the MP2 audio stream to the movie: open the movie with VirtuaDubMod, do Stream --> Stream list ---> Add the MP2 and --> Delete the old sound stream. Set Video___Direct Stream copy and File --> Save it (F7). After that, check the lip-sync in the new AVI: old video and the MP2 audio you made.
Now, converting this new AVI, TMPGenc should understand the sound well.

Question - Audio issues with TMPG products No.42703
bleedingedge  2005-01-12 07:32:39 ( ID:qgapld9c3ma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to use the TMMG products to encode some fansubbed anime so I can watch it on a normal DVD player and I'm having some problems. The source file is a XVid AVI file which plays fine in media player.

Using TPMGEnc 2.5 the video encodes ok but appears to be sped up and goes out of sync with the audio. (right off the subtitles about 10 seconds in don't match the audio by a second or 2) It appears way too fast, I'm guessing that it's somehow playing the video at 30 fps and the audio is still synced to a 24 fps image. (the clip is 24 fps)

Using TMPGEnc 3.0 on the same AVI file I get no sound(!). I'm not sure how TMPGEnc 2.5 can find the audio but 3.0 can't. In 3.0 if you preview the file in the clip area and show the sound it just shows a flatline.

Using TPMGEnc DVD Source creator works except that I cannot find a way to scale the video; specifically I want to shrink the video slightly to add some blank area to allow for overscan; if I don't do this then the resultant video on the tv has part of the subtitles chopped due to overscan. The option in the TMPGEnc programs that lets you play with the output video (full frame, centered, centered (custom) etc.) appears to not be in this program.

Can anyone help me out with the inconstencies with the various products? I don't really care which I get to work; I don't mind paying for the software. I just want it to actually work before I pay for it. If I use DVD Source creator (the least desirable option due to the relative lack of flexibility) then I need some way to scale the image to allow for overscan, if I use the other programs I need them to do the right thing.

The clip info is as follows: (from TMPGEnc 3.0)

Video: 33,305 frames, 23.976 fps, 23 min 9 sec 9, 640x480
Audio: 66674304 samples, 48000 Hz, 23 min 9 sec 4, 2 ch

aldaco12  2005-01-19 16:26:21 ( ID:h6pvwobt6n2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only trick I know is:

1) load the movie with VirtualDub. Set Audio__Full processing mode and do File___Save WAV..
2) the 1+ GB (! for a 2h movie) .WAV file must be .MP2 compressed with BeSwet chosing, as profile, 'MP2 for SVCD'. Laer the .WAV can be deleted.
3) the MP2 file must be used as 'audio input' by TMPGenc instead of the default input (the AVI movie).

Question - read error No.42699
TheNine  2005-01-12 04:25:48 ( ID:44v1vp1kqwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

everytime i load a d2v file and a wav to encode to svcd i get an error saying

Read Error Occurred at address 015E6614 of module 'dvd2avi.vfp' with 01DAFD0F

it starts to encode then shows that msg

any ideas?

thanks TheNine

aldaco12  2005-01-19 16:20:47 ( ID:h6pvwobt6n2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No ideas. I only know that some DVD2AVI version aren't fit for TMPGenc (1.76 is said do be better). But I converted 5 DVDs to VCDs usingthe guide http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=59422 (DVD2AVI as TMPGenc frameserver) then TMPGenc started to give me a blank screen (imposibility to load D2V project). I haven't still understood why. I had to use DVD2AVI to make VOB --> AVIs (maximum Xvid/Divx codec quality, size = VOB), instead. The problem is that the AVI as no sound and the AVI is split every 2 GB. (later you'll have to do TMPGenc --> MPEG tools --> merge the pieces).
The problem is that I need a lot of HD space and that I've to load the sound separately when I, with TMPGenc, make AVI --> MPG. Multiplexing is impossible since you need to convert 48 Hz --> 44.1 Hz.
I had to
1) make a 'mute MPG' converting the DVD2AVI's 'mute AVI' with TMPGenc --> Motion Search Precision = Very Slow - Highest Quality. After the conversion, the huge AVI (Xvid/DivX maximum profile with the highest AVI quality --> praticlally 'no compression' and AVI's size like VOB's) can be deleted.
2) make a 'dummy MPG' with sound adding the mute AVI to the MP2 file (AC3 converter to MP2 with BeSweet) with Motion Search Precision = Fast - Lowest Quality,
3) make the full MPG by multiplexing the mute MPG with the dummy MPG with sound.
After that, and checking lip-sync, I can delete the mute MPG end the dummy MPG with sound.
Rather complicated, isn't it?

TheNine  2005-01-20 00:59:12 ( ID:qye3rpyeeq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yea ur right it is pretty complicated, ill have a play around with dvd2avi see if i can upgrade/or downgrade to a version that works, i've always done vob -> avi -> mpg but the size is always 2 or 3 cds

but thanks anyway ill see if i can give it a try

TheNine

ashy  2005-01-20 21:53:06 ( ID:ni6wpa2em.l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That message is usually a memory stick problem.
Either you have 2 sticks which aren't compatible with each other or it is dodgy.

It could also be caused by a codec problem. If you have one of those stupid codec packs installed then you're just asking for trouble.

The version of DVD2AVI you use shouldn't really make a difference, but I have always prefered 1.76 as this gives me compatibility to use Smartripper .d2v files.
You could try raising the priority of the 'DVD2AVI project file reader' to 2 and ensure it is top of the list in the VFAPI plugins.
Also copy the DVD2AVI.vfp from the the DVD2AVI folder and paste it into your TMPG folder.

Another tip. NEVER use the highest quality setting in TMPG for encoding. It is well accepted on this board by most long term members that this setting does absolutely nothing to improve the quality of the output apart from dramatically increase the encoding time.

'Higher' will give a slight improvement in the quality.

Question - How to change language in latest verson of TMPGEnc? No.42697
onebb  2005-01-10 21:15:08 ( ID:ypom9ywe4ih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

l am using Win Me Japanese verson, how can l change it back from Japanese to English?
lf there is no way to change, how someone describe the three options to edit a mpg file?
After l choose the first option to cut out a large part of a movie, it asks me to overwrite the orginal file, but when l press yes, a error comes out that l dont know the meaning of, did l miss something?

ashy  2005-01-11 23:50:16 ( ID:hy97hbvna7j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Eh..why have you got the Japanese ME if you don't understand Japanese?

Question - frozen image No.42694
majimenez  2005-01-08 11:04:20 ( ID:x51rxnedk3. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I'm trying to convert an avi file to mpeg with the last version of TMPGEnc the video image get frozen althoug the mpg file is created and the audio is working out. I suppose this is something about the codecs, but I really don't know how to splve it or how to introduce latest codecs into the TMPGEnc.
It happens not with every avi file but with some of them.
I hope somebody can help and thank you for it.

ashy  2005-01-09 16:00:01 ( ID:clolizjaihw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader'
Do a search on the above here to find out how.

majimenez  2005-01-13 19:09:24 ( ID:5fmkh53hy2c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It works!! Thank you very much

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.